Newbie 35... game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Newbie 35... game over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2004 4:39 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

Welcome to Noob-erry, a quiet little town with nothing to hide... or does it? The Mafia have infiltrated this serene little hamlet, and it's up to you to decide who lives, who dies, and who will run the town in the end. Good luck!

The Living

Mr_Gnome_It_All
Talitha

The Dead

Jaguar
(Townie) - lynched Day One
Zero
(Doctor) - killed Night Two
Norinel
(Townie) - lynched Day Two
Prince Kael
(Townie) &
Rick
(Cop) - killed by the Mafia.

Mafia win!

The Rules
(stolen from every other game):

* Votes must be in bold. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted.

* Please be attentive and unvote, if necessary, before casting a new vote. This is not required, but I’d appreciate it.

* Executions will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, his pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded. You may vote: no lynch – majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.

* The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so.

* Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing.

* Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts

* Don’t quote any PMs from me.

* If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. I will not wait for you – if you do not submit a choice to me, tough! No choice will be made.

* If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

* Remember, it’s a game. It’s supposed to played. It’s supposed to be fun. Do your part.

The messages
(also stolen from DP):

2x:
You are mafia with XXX. Every game night you two discuss and send me an email before the deadline with your intended victim. You are not allowed to cumminucate during the game day (we start with a day). You win when all townies, cop and doctor are dead. Please confirm.

1x:
You are the cop. Every game night you can check on one player. Send me an email with the choice every night and I'll let you know whether your choice is scum. We start with a day. You win when both mafia are dead. Please confirm.

1x:
You are the doctor. Every game night you can protect one player. Send me an email with the choice every night. We start with a day. You win when both mafia are dead. Please confirm.

3x:
You are an honest townie. You win when both mafia are dead. Please confirm.

If there are any questions, please PM me.
Last edited by Dourgrim on Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:14 pm, edited 7 times in total.
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2004 11:50 am

Post by Dourgrim »

Confirmations are in, time to rock and roll!

It is now DAY ONE. With 7 people still kickin' in Noob-erry, it'll take 4 votes to lynch someone. Good luck, all!
Zero
Zero
Townie
Zero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2004 12:25 pm

Post by Zero »

RANDOM VOTE: Mr_Gnome_It_All

Ok, its not
entirely
random, its because his name is the most amusing to type.
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2004 12:51 pm

Post by Jaguar »

Almost random
vote: Zero
. Welcome to scum and you just happened to be the first to post, so I selected you :)
I need a new tagline...
Zero
Zero
Townie
Zero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2004 1:34 pm

Post by Zero »

Since there was no night, it occurs to me that the cop hasn't had a chance to do his thing yet, so there is very little chance of any strong info being brought forth this first day. Also, its generally a bad idea to pass up a lynching opportunity, especially with an odd number of people. So we're probably going to have to lynch someone without much to go on.

With that in mind, what do people think about lynching the last of the 7 people to post? It seems as good a criteria as any, and if anything it will serve to get people speaking up and make the game go a bit quicker. :D Of course, the condemned should get the opportunity to defend themselves before the final vote is cast.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2004 3:05 pm

Post by Talitha »

Interesting idea Zero.. That's quite a random way to chose a lynch candidate. (Although it can be argued that Day 1 lynches are essentially random anyway.) It would also ensure that the mafia can't direct the lynch today.

On the down side, I think mafia are more likely to post sooner rather than later (higher interest level), so it's less likely to net us a scum. And I think we can probably do better than a purely random lynch, by playing the usual "who is suspicious" game for a while.

random vote: Rick
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2004 3:51 pm

Post by Mr_Gnome_It_All »

I'll
Vote Jaguar
because Tweety Bird is the essence of sadistic evil.
Just look at the way s/he tortures that poor putty tat.
Who the hell is "General Failure", and why is he reading my hard drive?
Prince Kael
Prince Kael
Townie
Prince Kael
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2004 10:32 pm

Post by Prince Kael »

Random Vote: burninglife

I don't think it is such a good idea zero...
It would also ensure that the mafia can't direct the lynch today.
They are the only two who have a motivie to not vote for someone (their partner), once they will try to direct us, we will nail them! 8)
"I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish." Genesis 6:17
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2004 11:04 pm

Post by Rick »

Hi everyone,
Zero wrote:With that in mind, what do people think about lynching the last of the 7 people to post?
Well that certainly is a bold thing to say Zero (aka diabolically clever newbie).

Personally I don’t think it is a good idea and worse it could be indicate that you are scum. I mean what a better way to lych someone else then to say lets lynch the person who posts x (where x is a greater number than my post). It may also indicate that Jaguar is your partner as Jaguar had posted before your suggestion. Then again it may not, I am only speculating.
Talitha wrote:It would also ensure that the mafia can't direct the lynch today.
Unless of course you and Zero are scum.

Hmm. Well as you have one vote already I am just going to lay my finger of suspicion on you Zero.
Zero wrote:It seems as good a criteria as any, and if anything it will serve to get people speaking up and make the game go a bit quicker.
I give you one thing it certainly has given us a topic of discussion.
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2004 3:13 am

Post by Jaguar »

I agree that Zero's suggestion could be a great way for scum to get a townie out of the way fast. I personally prefer to have a few pages of banter and conversation and then base the lynch on that. In addition, voting patterns on day 1 coupled with the lynch and night death often are great ways to pinpoint scummy behaviour. This way we woud not have a heck of a lot of information to go on when day 2 hits. Again in favour of scum.

On the flip side, who has been against this idea? Prince Kael and Rick.. Could one of them be scum waiting for a buddy? In Prince Kael's case that could have been either Rick or burninglife and in Rick's case that would be burninglife.

So if Zero is town, it could be that by chance burninglife is scum... Wouldn't that be something.

Well, that's just my two cents worth.
I need a new tagline...
Prince Kael
Prince Kael
Townie
Prince Kael
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2004 5:49 am

Post by Prince Kael »

The more I think of it the more zero's suggestions seems scummy to me!
Let's suppose we did follow his suggestion, we have lynched someone and night falls. The chances we hit a scum are smaller than the ones we hit an innocent since this way of choise if completly random and there are more innocentes then scums. So there is probabely one innocent less... Night ends and someone died, we can offer no solution to why since we haven't done anything the first day rather than randomly lynching someone and once again we have no clue who scums are...

FOS: zero
for making scummy offers.
"I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish." Genesis 6:17
Zero
Zero
Townie
Zero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2004 6:16 am

Post by Zero »

Prince Kael, it was a singular offer, not offers. I didn't defend or push for the idea, and I don't plan to. If people think we can do better than random than it was a bad idea. I'm skeptical only because with no night, the only people with any idea who
not
to vote for are the scum themselves. However, there seems to be a consensus that we should be able to do better than random, so I'm definitely willing to entertain that possibility.
burninglife
burninglife
Townie
burninglife
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2004 7:28 am

Post by burninglife »

Jaguar wrote: So if Zero is town, it could be that by chance burninglife is scum... Wouldn't that be something.

Well, that's just my two cents worth.
Not quite sure how I'm scum, considering I've only just been made aware the game has actually started, and so haven't posted yet. As far as I'm aware I'm not scum :P

Anyway, I'm last, go ahead and vote for me if you really want to. The next ones to jump on a mini-bandwagon and lynch me are the scum, I guarantee it.

And just because I'm feeling in a petty mood today,
Vote: Zero
for suggesting the last person be lynched, and
FOS: Jaguar
for agreeing and suggesting I'm scum :P
Zero
Zero
Townie
Zero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2004 8:30 am

Post by Zero »

Anyway, I'm last, go ahead and vote for me if you really want to. The next ones to jump on a mini-bandwagon and lynch me are the scum, I guarantee it.
I'd already withdrawn the suggestion, besides which, you have only a random vote against you, so its not really a bandwagon. Anyone who does make a quick 4th lynch vote to preempt discussion should be made to explain themselves tomorrow, though. The original idea was that lurkers trying to fly under the radar are inherantly suspicious, but since everyone has checked in in under 24 hours, thats moot. Nobody has turned out to be inactive.
Prince Kael
Prince Kael
Townie
Prince Kael
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2004 8:45 am

Post by Prince Kael »

Mr_Gnome_it_all... Why didn't you say anything about zero's suggestion?
burninglife
burninglife
Townie
burninglife
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2004 8:47 am

Post by burninglife »

In that case, I'll apologise for being a bit snappy (sorry, Zero). Won't unvote you yet though... :P
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2004 8:49 am

True, but what really needs to be looked at is, who stays active. It's quite easy to pop in right away, throw in a "random vote", then go back into hiding.
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2004 8:52 am

Heh, two post pop up while I was typing...
Prince Kael wrote:Mr_Gnome_it_all... Why didn't you say anything about zero's suggestion?
I don't know, I guess I just say it as a dumb idea not worth my attention.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2004 9:08 am

Post by Dourgrim »

Vote Count

Zero
- 2 (Jaguar, burning)
burninglife
- 1 (PK)
Jaguar
- 1 (MGIA)
MGIA
- 1 (Zero)
Rick
- 1 (Talitha)

7 alive, 4 to lynch. No deadline at the moment.
Prince Kael
Prince Kael
Townie
Prince Kael
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2004 10:31 am

Post by Prince Kael »

Two votes on zero... Four to lynch.. Are both people voting keep their votes?
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2004 11:03 am

Post by Jaguar »

Look burninglife joined us :)
unvote: Zero
as it was mostly random and if I am to be part of a lynch, it's not going to be due to a starter vote.

I'll
FOS burninglife
right back for putting a second vote on Zero. It was basically an OMGUS (Oh my Gosh/God You Suck) vote and for it to be a second one in this small a game deserves a FOS. I won't vote for him yet as he already has one vote on him.
I need a new tagline...
Zero
Zero
Townie
Zero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2004 11:43 am

Post by Zero »

Someone do something scummy.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2004 10:47 pm

Post by Talitha »

Just checking in.. I'll stick with my vote on Rick for now.. mainly because he threw around quite a bit of (what I considered to be unwarranted) suspicion in his post.

If Zero really is scum then he's either taking the chance that his suggestion will get his scum buddy lynched, or he's directly implicately Jaguar. Neither of those things seems like diabolically clever scum behaviour to me. Also I think a scum would be more careful not to draw attention to themselves like that. I'm not convinced that his suggestion was scummy at all - conversation and discussion is always good for the town.
Prince Kael
Prince Kael
Townie
Prince Kael
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2004 12:01 am

Post by Prince Kael »

If Zero really is scum then he's either taking the chance that his suggestion will get his scum buddy lynched
Unless Jaguar is his scum buddy, in this case there is no such chanse what so ever.
Zero
Zero
Townie
Zero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2004 3:08 am

Post by Zero »

Yes, rick did throw around a fair bit of FUD. FOS: rick.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”