Newbie 35... game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Prince Kael
Prince Kael
Townie
Prince Kael
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2004 1:13 pm

Post by Prince Kael »

Well, let see what we got. We have here burninglife, popping in any now and then, leaving a one sentence post only so he won't be mod prodded.
As I said before, an excellent method for a scum, a lousy one for a towny. If you are a towny, how come you haven't said anything so far?
You know one vote from being lynched, if you are a towny the scums will happily jump on this bandwagon! 3 votes.. Haven't you got anything to say for your defense?
"I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish." Genesis 6:17
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2004 1:20 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

Vote Count

burninglife
- 3 (Zero, Jaguar, PK)
Zero
- 1 (burning)
Jaguar
- 1 (MGIA)
Rick
- 1 (Talitha)

7 alive, 4 to lynch.
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
burninglife
burninglife
Townie
burninglife
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2004 8:35 am

Post by burninglife »

Frankly, I've been under a lot of pressure recently, I've been modding a mafia game which truly is going to hell, and I've not been in the best of moods. And no, I've not had much to say. I'm poor at picking up posting patterns, especially so early in the game. In fact, I'm just crap at mafia all round. And you lot have been so damn eager to lynch me, it's going to happen anyway, so why stop you?!? And yes, I am a plain, simple townie. Not that any of you care, you'll go ahead and lynch me anyway. I don't
want
to be lynched, but let's face it, it's going to happen anyway.
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2004 6:35 pm

Post by Jaguar »

I'll
unvote: burninglife
. I still think it's scummy behaviour, but for now I'll let it go.

What I find interesting is that he wasn't lynched in the last 30 hours or so. He's had three votes on him for some time and there was no killing vote. Does this mean that one of the voters on him is scum? Or does the scum not want to make the lynching vote?

Not too sure and right now I don't have the time for a full analysis as it's time for me to go to bed. Maybe I'll have some time tomorrow.
I need a new tagline...
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2004 11:10 pm

Post by Talitha »

It could mean a number of things... It could simply be that he's scum but no-one is sure enough of it to finish him off (apart from his scum buddy who does not want to finish him off - or is already on the wagon?).
If he is a townie it could mean that both scum were on the wagon, or that one scum was one the wagon and the other one did not want to appear suspicious by finishing him off.
In conclusion, I don't think it tells us a heckuva lot at all.

I think there's a good chance he is scum, but seeing as we haven't been slapped with a deadline or anything there's no hurry to do anything just yet. We can still learn more today.

burninglife: It would be helpful if you could give us some info to go on.. eg. Who you find suspicious, etc.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2004 11:12 pm

Post by Talitha »

please delete double post, dear mod!
burninglife
burninglife
Townie
burninglife
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2004 6:39 am

Post by burninglife »

I'm suspicious of everyone. I don't know that any of you are good, and so I don't trust any of you. But amongst you... Prince Kael is a little dodgy, and Mr_Gnome_it_all.. well, arguments can be acting.
Prince Kael
Prince Kael
Townie
Prince Kael
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2004 10:01 am

Post by Prince Kael »

Dodgy? Me?! What do you mean by that?

I was really touched by your post, honestly, beautiful.. Too bad we're playing mafia and not watching a soap opera! You give me a real reason why you are not a scum, until you do that I keep my vote
"I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish." Genesis 6:17
burninglife
burninglife
Townie
burninglife
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2004 3:15 am

Post by burninglife »

I already have. I'm a townie. I've already said this. If you don't believe it, then fine, lynch me.
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2004 3:31 am

Post by Rick »

Vote: Jaguar
because she
lied
in post #27.

I’ve been sitting on this for a few reasons. First I wanted to watch any developments before I mentioned it, secondly I wanted to see if anyone else spotted it and finally I just wanted to wait until I was back from my weekend break.

Anyway this was what Jaguar said:
Jaguar wrote:If I'm counting right, three people have said I could be Zero's scum buddy. Well, I'm not. And if I were, I would likely not have posted right after him to avoid suspicion.
I definitely would not have voted for him
Jaguar said that she could not be Zero’s partner because she had already voted for Zero, or to be more precise that if she was Zero's partner, she definitely would not have voted for him.

In my limited experience on this board
mafia members often vote for each other to draw away suspicion on later days in case one of them gets lynched
(heck I’ve even done it myself before now).

However, this could have been a mistaken newbie comment, but Jaguar isn’t a newbie.

And finally the real crunch. I checked Jaguar’s newbie games.
Jaguar has been in two newbie games where she has been scum and on both occasions her scum partner has voted against her
I don’t think that you could forget that.
So when Jaguar said that she definitely would not have voted for him [Zero – if she was his partner] she made an outright lie.
Prince Kael
Prince Kael
Townie
Prince Kael
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2004 3:33 am

Post by Prince Kael »

Oh... You must forgive us burninglife, why haven't you said so before?! I am truely sorry!!! I'll fix it right away...
Unvote: burninglife

What do you think we are? A bunch of fools?!
Vote: burninglife

I mean.. Why would you lie? If you were a scum you would have just say so probabely.. But there it is written...
I'm a townie
This mafia scum are pretty dumb you know.. All they have to do is just to write they are townies and all suspicion is gone.. Guess what, it is not the case! So far all you did is trying to leave as few messages as possible, you've done everything to play as much little as possible in order for you not to draw attention...
If you don't believe it, then fine, lynch me.
We are half way there. don't worry... 8)
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2004 3:47 am

Post by Rick »

Oh in case anyone wants to check, these are the two newbie games where Jaguar’s scum partner voted against her:

Newbie Mafia 14

Morpheus and Jaguar were scum, but Morpheus voted for Jaguar.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... &start=103

Incidentally, Talitha was in that game as well.

And:

Newbie Mafia 16

Norinel and Jaguar were scum, but Norinel voted for Jaguar

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=548

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... c&&start=6
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2004 3:54 am

Post by Jaguar »

Rick, I did not lie. In either game, did I vote for my scum partner on day 1?

No! Therefore, if I were scum, which I am not, I would not have voted for Zero if he was my scum buddy. Now I can't say if Zero is scum, because I don't know.

But to say that I lied is incorrect. Your own words say you are drawing the wrong conclusion:
Rick wrote:Morpheus and Jaguar were scum, but Morpheus voted for Jaguar.
and the other one:
Rick wrote:Norinel and Jaguar were scum, but Norinel voted for Jaguar
Norinel voted for me and Morpheus voted for me, but in neither game did I put a day 1 vote on my buddy.

vote: Rick
for insinuating that I am scum with faulty reasoning.
I need a new tagline...
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2004 4:05 am

Post by Rick »

Jaguar wrote:No! Therefore, if I were scum, which I am not,
I would not have voted for Zero if he was my scum buddy
. Now I can't say if Zero is scum, because I don't know..
But why? It is false logic and to me that is a lie.

Many scum vote for their scum buddies to take the heat off them in later days in case their buddy is lynched. And you know that!

So how can you say,

"I would not have voted for Zero if he was my scum buddy"

without it being a lie?
burninglife
burninglife
Townie
burninglife
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2004 7:58 am

Post by burninglife »

I'm not lying, and I'm not
trying
to leave as few messages as possible. But you know what, I honestly don't give a damn. Nothing I say will stop you from lynching me... but you'll see.
Zero
Zero
Townie
Zero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2004 8:06 am

Post by Zero »

Unvote: burninglife

Vote: Jaguar

Rick's got a point.
burninglife
burninglife
Townie
burninglife
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2004 8:26 am

Post by burninglife »

Unvote:Zero

I'd vote for Jaguar, but I'm not going to lynch her.
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2004 9:07 am

Post by Rick »

I still suspect Jaguar for the reasons I have given but as she now has three votes I am going to remove mine as I don't want to see a quick lynch either.

Unvote:Jaguar

Also I would not want to see her lynched while she still has a random vote on her.

Mr Gnome please can you either remove your random vote on Jaguar or confirm that you want to keep it.

Plus I would like to give Talitha and Prince Kael a chance to add any thoughts if they wish.

Once Mr Gnome, Talitha and Prince Kael give us their thoughts I will put my vote back on.
Zero
Zero
Townie
Zero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2004 9:39 am

Post by Zero »

I'm officially an idiot. I didn't check that Jaguar still had a vote in the last vote count, so I thought I was placing the second vote, not the third.
Prince Kael
Prince Kael
Townie
Prince Kael
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2004 11:08 am

Post by Prince Kael »

To tell you the truth, I don't think Jaguar is a scum. Sure she said something rather meaningless since scum will do the least expected of them so no one will suspect they are scum, however, there is a long distance between saying a maybe-false statement like this and being a scum.
You should also remeber that although it is a good technique to vote for your scum buddy since it lowers down the suspicion but it is also very dangerous, it is automatically reduces your chanses of winning to half!
To conclude Jaguar may be a scum, but the fact she tried to make a lousy arguement doesn't make her a scum...

Did anyone notice that this is the second third-vote that zero had put? You seem rather anxious to lynch somebody Zero, first you offer a quick lynch on the last to log in and than you almost lynch two people.
FOS: Zero

Why not a vote? Am I the only one who still think burninglife sounds very scummy? Yet again he gives us a whiny message saying he doesn't care about being lynch. He is either a scum or a really lousy towny! Anyone thinks differently?
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2004 11:15 am

Post by Jaguar »

[quote="Rick]Many scum vote for their scum buddies to take the heat off them in later days in case their buddy is lynched. And you know that!

So how can you say,

"I would not have voted for Zero if he was my scum buddy"

without it being a lie? [/quote]

But you haven't addressed the fact that I
haven't
voted for a scum buddy, so how can you say that now I would? Your reasoning is faulty because you are using reasoning where my scum buddy has voted for me, not reasoning where I have voted for a scum buddy, which, once again, I haven't done.

I think you are trying too hard to find something on me when there is nothing to make sure that nobody votes for you or puts heat on your scum buddy.

I random voted Zero because he was the first to post and right before me. If you had been in that spot, I would have random voted you to start the day.

My vote on Rick stays for now.
I need a new tagline...
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2004 4:30 pm

Post by Talitha »

Wow - lots to go on. This is a very interesting Day 1! (Thanks all).

unvote: Rick

Now for the suspects:

I'm suspicious of Jaguar.. not just for Rick's "lie". Although I think he has a point. Even though Jaguar says she hasn't voted for a scum buddy yet, I'm sure she would use that tactic if she thought it was a good move. Looking back, she did jump on burninglife for the "Hi I'm posting so no-one thinks I'm lurking" post. We had someone do that in Mini 93 (High School mafia) and that person turned out innocent. (Jag was innocent in that game and gave that person "the benefit of the doubt"). Then she didn't unvote burninglife when he was at 3/4 votes although she says she's curious about Zero's 3rd vote. That didn't quite sit right.
So yeah - Jag is a good suspect I reckon.

Then there's burninglife, who says he doesn't give a damn about getting lynched and acting like he's resigned to the fact. He seems kinda angry and I tend to think he wouldn't be angry if he was scum.. but I dunno.. it could be an act.

Last on my list is Mr_G... he seems to be playing the classic lurker game.. popping up when something presses his buttons. One thing he said stood out, that he thinks it's "not very likely that burninglife is scum".. Just made me wonder why he thinks this? Mr_G?
Zero
Zero
Townie
Zero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2004 4:49 pm

Post by Zero »

Prince Kael, the first 3rd vote was only after I had FOSd him at 2 votes and challenged him to contribute something, which he completely blew off. The second was an honest mistake.
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2004 4:45 am

Post by Jaguar »

Can we get a prod for Mr. G? He hasn't posted since Friday.

And seeing as the pressure on me is not going away (I assume that if MGIA unvotes, Rick will revote me and Talitha has already indicated that she could possibly vote me, thinking me suspicious) I guess I will roleclaim.

I am a plain townie. Nothing more. I am working on my own gut instincts here, not on any other inside information. I did not put a vote on a fellow scum and as I've seen that backfire way too often in other games (on another site), I make it a habit not to vote for partner scum when I am scum, unless it is as a part of a lynch to make me look innocent. I don't do it as a random vote.

I am not lying and I am not scum. I get a nice fuzzy feeling from my vote on Rick, so I am still going to leave it there.
I need a new tagline...
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2004 5:04 am

Post by Mr_Gnome_It_All »

Sorry, Sorry, I'm here. Odd, I thought I had been posting here. Oh well,
Unvote Jaguar
I'm really not that suspicious of her.

And burning life just sounds more like an over frustrated newbie townie than anything else. I say that because I've been in that position before and know what it's like. Although, I'm not going to completely cast off the possibility that he's just scum acting that way.
Who the hell is "General Failure", and why is he reading my hard drive?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”