Mini 611a - Troy, Meet Helen (Restarting)

Hadhfang
Hadhfang
Goon
Hadhfang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:56 pm

Post by Hadhfang »

CF Riot wrote: If it will help prove my township and prove I'm willing to take responsibility for my own actions, so be it.
Vote: Charter
Are you voting for Charter here because you honestly believe he is scum though, or becuase you think its what we want you to do? That quote seems to suggest the latter to me, and you aren't truly convinced about Charter yet. That does seem a little defensive, which must also be taken into account wiht your previous comments.
CF Riot wrote: About me thinking ahead to day 2, if I knew what Charter's role was for sure, I wouldn't need precautions.
It's entirely likely that everyone will fall under suspicion and do soethign that looks scummy at some point in the game. Thats how it works. It's a case of sifting through it, and finding the geniune scummy actions from the honest mis-judgments. I fail to see why you see the need to take "precautions" in case Charter isn't scum.
CF Riot wrote: All I know is I'm putting a lot of my credibility on calling out Charter now that I've started this wagon, and as such I've considered what may happen in the future if I'm wrong.
As opposed to everyone else who voted/votes for him? it takes more than one person to lynch, I think this is a bit too defensive as well.
CF Riot wrote:I got really caught up in this side attack from Netlava, and on top of that Charter didn't do anything after the wagon stalled to really confirm my suspicions. His scumminess peaked early, so there was no point in the game later that made me think, "Okay now I'm sure." I think everyone here knows my stance on Charter, so whether or not I vote wouldn't distance me from any fallout later. The real vote wouldn't carry any more weight than my posts and FoS.
If that is the case then why now vote for Charter if you still aren't convinced?

I think that you are perhaps a bit too over eager to defend your actions, This might be a scum tell, but i'm going ot see where this leads.

Unvote, Vote: CF Riot
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:03 am

Post by CF Riot »

I'm so mad at this game right now I'm going to cry. I think I'm being played really well by the mafia, but my brain is so fantastical the scenarios I come up with of how they're doing it are too ridiculous to be logical on D1.

*sigh*

Had, I don't know what to say to you. I was holding my vote for Charter because I didn't want a speed lynch and I wasn't (am still not) convinced he is scum. He is still however my main suspect. (I have others now though.) Several people disapproved of me pressing him without committing a true vote to him, so to show my willingness to cooperate with the rest of the town I voted. To repeat, no I'm not sure of him, yes I still suspect him. I wouldn't vote for a person I thought was innocent based on something like, "If you don't vote George you're scum." But I will lock in a vote I've already purposed based on proving my honesty.

The credibility post you have a problem with was in response to Netlava's post about my D2 predictions. He didn't like the way I was thinking ahead in the game, which I semi-understand, so I stated why I thought of the possibility of Charter being lynched/town. This is what everyone claims to be me "taking precautions". It is not. I'm speculating what would happen if Charter was town. Half the time people say, "if you're so sure of Charter why not vote?" then the other half say "you don't seem too sure of him". We've finally found a good example of a loaded question, or situation at least. I'm doing my best to deal with it and give my full honest thought process behind every move I make. I think that by holding nothing back and letting everyone plainly see why I make the actions I make, there should be no reason to think of me as scum.

Lastly, since this is another of my long winded posts, I'm going to try for at least the end of day 1 to start giving shorter posts unless specifically questioned. I think if we start getting down to actual lynch time, we'll see for real what happens and all of this near-blind speculating won't be necessary. And Acidmix, post 89 is
your
post.
Hadhfang
Hadhfang
Goon
Hadhfang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:19 am

Post by Hadhfang »

Fair point Riot, but you seem to contradict yourself slightly which I'd like to ask you about.
CF Riot wrote:This is what everyone claims to be me "taking precautions". It is not. I'm speculating what would happen if Charter was town.
This is fair enough, however, earlier you said
CF Riot wrote: About me thinking ahead to day 2, if I knew what Charter's role was for sure, I wouldn't need precautions.
Which suggests that you are admitting you were taking precautions, which is it?
This space is left intentionally blank.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:33 am

Post by CF Riot »

No I never meant to imply that I was in fact taking them. Netlava said it appeared that I was taking precautions
as scum
. I am not scum, and my post was saying "
if
I were, I wouldn't need them."
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:53 am

Post by charter »

CF Riot wrote:No I never meant to imply that I was in fact taking them. Netlava said it appeared that I was taking precautions
as scum
. I am not scum, and my post was saying "
if
I were, I wouldn't need them."
No one else has no way of knowing you're not scum.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:02 am

Post by charter »

My last post was pointless. I don't like how Riot is says he's not scum. There's no need to claim this unless he is scum. Looks pretty WIFOM to me.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:31 am

Post by Battousai »

Charter, don't answer questions not directed at the whole group or yourself. Now I don't know what acid really would have said if you hadn't answered by himself. His answer could have been manipluated by you because now he knows he has support with this reason.

Mac: I agree with you on post 89. It sounded like his reasoning for thinking they are protown is because they are scumhunting and aggressive because he wrote ALSO. To me that means that's a second reason.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:38 am

Post by Battousai »

EBWOP: I hate forgetting there's another page to read before posting....

VOTE: Charter

Your last two votes don't sit well with me at all. You claim saying your not scum is WIFOM. To some extent it is, but what do you want him to claim scum instead? Come on those two posts were asinine. Add that two your refusal to answer a question which you felt was a loaded question, which wasn't, and answering questions not pointed at you (didn't give your opinion you just plain answered it). You are the scummiest person in the game so far.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:38 am

Post by charter »

Battousai wrote:Charter, don't answer questions not directed at the whole group or yourself. Now I don't know what acid really would have said if you hadn't answered by himself. His answer could have been manipluated by you because now he knows he has support with this reason.

Mac: I agree with you on post 89. It sounded like his reasoning for thinking they are protown is because they are scumhunting and aggressive because he wrote ALSO. To me that means that's a second reason.
First off, I didn't answer Mac's question and his question wasn't directed at anyone in particular. I was pointing out that Mac was stretching Acid's words to say what he wanted them to say. Second, Acid would have had support if I didn't say anything because Mac had already voiced his opinion on this. Convienent how you overlook this. Third you are ignoring acid's clarification and twisting his statement as Mac did, but this time it's worse because he's already said otherwise.

Nice how you vote and unvote me whenever there's a tiny shred of evidence you cook up.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:00 am

Post by Mizzy »

Vote Count:

charter: 3 (Tinsley, CF Riot, Battousai)
Macavenger: 2 (Near, Acidmix)
CF Riot: 2 (Netlava, Hadhfang)
Near: 1 (Walnut)
Hadhfang: 1 (Blackberry)
Netlava: 1 (Macavenger)

Not Voting:
ShadowGirl, charter

12 alive, 7 to lynch!
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:03 am

Post by Netlava »

Macavenger, are your unvotes and votes always this methodical, or is it just me?

Also, Mac, how guilty was Charter in your opinion at the time of your vote? I noticed that your unvote of him was quite timely (after I asked this question).
Macavenger wrote:Justify. This early, why wouldn't you ask that of someone you have a tiny suspicion of?
An answer to this type of question wouldn't have given any insight into Charter's guilt/innocence at that point in the game, yet it puts him in a bad position by forcing him to commit that early on over apparently nothing. It also grossly overestimates the significance Charter's "that's odd" post.
Macavenger wrote:Explain why the timing of my vote is off, but Hadhfang's or Battousai's isn't.
Had was the first to vote, and his reason was pretty trivial. It seemed more of an upgrade over a random vote. On the other hand, your reason indicated the beginnings of a case on Charter.

Battousai, I'm not so sure about it because it's a pressure vote, so it's harder to guess at its intent.

Your vote was the second vote after Tinsley's FOS, and the reason for your vote was a bit ambiguous.
Macavenger wrote:I also think an accusation of "not taking a stance" for a middle number would be seriously silly, since giving a number is pretty much by definition taking a stance.
I think having someone take a stance that early in the game was an unrealistic expectation. Mac, rank Near's scumminess 1-10!
CF Riot wrote: If it will help prove my township and prove I'm willing to take responsibility for my own actions, so be it. Vote: Charter
This post implies you are voting Charter just to look more town to the town. Another questionable motive!
CF Riot wrote:I'm so mad at this game right now I'm going to cry. I think I'm being played really well by the mafia, but my brain is so fantastical the scenarios I come up with of how they're doing it are too ridiculous to be logical on D1.
I think you are overestimating your predicament - you aren't close to getting lynched. Anyways, what scenarios do you have in mind? Does this mean that you feel the people who are suspecting you are mafia?
CF Riot wrote:No I never meant to imply that I was in fact taking them. Netlava said it appeared that I was taking precautions as scum. I am not scum, and my post was saying "if I were, I wouldn't need them."
I meant that scum may feel compelled to take precautions because they know they'll be "wrong." Innocents don't know, so they usually hope for the best and assume they'll be right.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:06 am

Post by Netlava »

CF Riot, how suspicious of Charter were you when you asked him to rank?
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Macavenger »

Acidmix wrote:
Vote: Macavenger

For Strawmanning info in post:89.
This is an utterly abysmal reason for voting me.

First, it isn't in any way a strawman. It's a misinterpretation of what you wrote, which could just as easily have been unintentional (which in fact it was) as intentional.

Look at the possible motivation. Was I trying to get you lynched or in any way paint you as scummy with that question? No. There was no implication one way or another. I was just trying to check for logical consistency, something scum usually lack. You answering that it wasn't meant that way should have been the end of it.

Of course, this all assumes you're telling the truth and weren't influenced by charter's interruption. I have no strong reason to believe otherwise for the moment.

I don't see any particular scum motivation in your vote for me right now either, so I'm going to pretty much ignore this for the moment, but I'm definitely going to be watching you carefully.
CF Riot wrote:If it will help prove my township and prove I'm willing to take responsibility for my own actions, so be it.
Vote: Charter
This statement is very scummy. Riot, if you're town, never do this again. Doing something because other people want you to is not a good way to act as town.
charter wrote:My last post was pointless. I don't like how Riot is says he's not scum. There's no need to claim this unless he is scum. Looks pretty WIFOM to me.
This is a load of crap. Yes, him claiming he's protown is meaningless. Everyone is going to claim to be protown. There's no need to claim that if he's town or scum since it's implied - it's not in any way a tell. You trying to represent it as such, and calling it WIFOM, is a huge stretch.
Battousai wrote:Charter, don't answer questions not directed at the whole group or yourself. Now I don't know what acid really would have said if you hadn't answered by himself. His answer could have been manipluated by you because now he knows he has support with this reason.

:goodposting:
charter wrote:First off, I didn't answer Mac's question and his question wasn't directed at anyone in particular. I was pointing out that Mac was stretching Acid's words to say what he wanted them to say. Second, Acid would have had support if I didn't say anything because Mac had already voiced his opinion on this. Convienent how you overlook this. Third you are ignoring acid's clarification and twisting his statement as Mac did, but this time it's worse because he's already said otherwise.
Wrong. You absolutely did straight up answer a question I posed to acidmix. There's no reason I wanted his words to say that - I already covered this above. His words could easily have had a couple different meanings. I should have pointed this out in my initial reply when you did that; I can't remember why I didn't now. Because of your intervention, I can't be sure that I got an honest answer to that question out of him, which screws up my attempt to find out how consistent he is. Interrupting questioning like that is almost never protown. You could always have called me on it later had I tried to stretch his response in a way you thought was inappropriate.
Netlava wrote:Macavenger, are your unvotes and votes always this methodical, or is it just me?
Not entirely sure what you mean by this. If you're referring to the way I unvoted, FOS'd you, and then voted you later, not always. I jsut do whatever seems appropriate at the time. Charter was sounding better when I unvoted him, and I didn't quite feel you were yet voteworthy at the time.
Netlava wrote:Also, Mac, how guilty was Charter in your opinion at the time of your vote? I noticed that your unvote of him was quite timely (after I asked this question).
I answered this in that post - it was mostly a pressure vote. He was the first to do anything noticably scummy, so I wanted to see what would happen.
Netlava wrote:An answer to this type of question wouldn't have given any insight into Charter's guilt/innocence at that point in the game, yet it puts him in a bad position by forcing him to commit that early on over apparently nothing. It also grossly overestimates the significance Charter's "that's odd" post.
Completely disagree. The actual number wouldn't have given much information, but the way someone answers (or doesn't, in this case) can be a valuable reaction to look at. It wouldn't have put him in a bad position at all, as very little stock would (or should) be put in that number later.
Netlava wrote:Had was the first to vote, and his reason was pretty trivial. It seemed more of an upgrade over a random vote. On the other hand, your reason indicated the beginnings of a case on Charter.

Battousai, I'm not so sure about it because it's a pressure vote, so it's harder to guess at its intent.

Your vote was the second vote after Tinsley's FOS, and the reason for your vote was a bit ambiguous.
This is pretty inconsistent. Tinsley was actually the first to vote, though it was random. Had was the first serious vote, followed closely by Tinsley confirming his.

I fail to see any way my vote was substantially different from Hadhfang's. The only real difference is that I used the word "case," and I did so in reference to what charter had already said himself.

You also already know mine is a pressure vote when you wrote this part, like Battousai's, so why are they still being treated differently if that makes it hard to guess intent?
Netlava wrote:I think having someone take a stance that early in the game was an unrealistic expectation. Mac, rank Near's scumminess 1-10!
The situation is not analogous, and you know it. Near has posted literally no serious content of any kind this game, whereas charter actually had said something of substance about blackberry.

Just to humor you, I'll say 2 because his silence is starting to border on lurking, but enough scumvibes are coming from the people posting that I think there's a good chance the scum lie elsewhere.
CF Riot wrote:Lastly, since this is another of my long winded posts, I'm going to try for at least the end of day 1 to start giving shorter posts unless specifically questioned.
Your posts aren't long winded in the slightest. Don't worry about your post length, just say what you need to say. More information is good for town.

Early reads:

charter + Netlava: possibly scum together. Netlava seems to be going after Riot hard for mostly incorrect reasons, charter answering questions for others but not himself and making some poor arguments, and I feel like they're working together somewhat in the way they're attacking CF Riot.

Acidmix: possible scum connection to charter from the question answering, but that's very loose at this stage. Need more posts to get any kind of real read.

CF Riot: has done some scummy stuff, but also a lot of newbie town mistakes and he's explaining himself fairly well. Also doesn't look like scum with Netlava or charter from the interactions I'm seeing, and I'm more suspicious of them. Tentatively newbie town.

Hadhfang: Questioning CF Riot for more correct reasons, and appears to be doing so honestly. Neutral-leaning town.

Battousai: Likely town.

Walnut, ShadowGirl, acidmix, tinsley, blackberry, Near all need to post more.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by Netlava »

I missed the part where you said it was mainly a pressure vote in your previous post, so that makes you look a little better, I guess.
Macavenger wrote:Completely disagree. The actual number wouldn't have given much information, but the way someone answers (or doesn't, in this case) can be a valuable reaction to look at. It wouldn't have put him in a bad position at all, as very little stock would (or should) be put in that number later.
I still don't see how an answer that question would help. But more importantly, it leads Charter to the conclusion that Blackberry's action was scummy with the phrase "you say that blackberry's actions seem odd." The question almost expects Charter to find Blackberry scummy and makes not finding Blackberry scummy a direct disagreement with his previous post.
Macavenger wrote:This is pretty inconsistent. Tinsley was actually the first to vote, though it was random. Had was the first serious vote, followed closely by Tinsley confirming his.

I fail to see any way my vote was substantially different from Hadhfang's. The only real difference is that I used the word "case," and I did so in reference to what charter had already said himself.

You also already know mine is a pressure vote when you wrote this part, like Battousai's, so why are they still being treated differently if that makes it hard to guess intent?
Your vote didn't seem like a pressure vote. Now that you say it is, I guess I'll have to take your word for it. I'm not so sure about Had's and Battousai's votes either, but yours just feels the most suspect.
Macavenger wrote: The situation is not analogous, and you know it. Near has posted literally no serious content of any kind this game, whereas charter actually had said something of substance about blackberry.
Except nothing was realistically going to happen with the Blackberry incident either, and CF Riot was trying to make something happen.
CF Riot wrote:Lastly, since this is another of my long winded posts, I'm going to try for at least the end of day 1 to start giving shorter posts unless specifically questioned.
Stay active so we can continue to interrogate you :roll:
CF Riot wrote:I think I'm being played really well by the mafia
Are you admitting that the case against you is sound?
Tinsley
Tinsley
Goon
Tinsley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:01 pm

Post by Tinsley »

Netlava - How did Macavenger's vote on charter feel more suspect than Battousai's?

Mac - I'll post my latest thoughts tomorrow. But not much has changed in my mind. I still feel charter is the most suspect right now. What makes you think Battousai is likely town?
Hadhfang
Hadhfang
Goon
Hadhfang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:23 pm

Post by Hadhfang »

Mod, could we get a prod on Near and possibly ShadowGirl?

Netlava wrote:
Macavenger wrote:Completely disagree. The actual number wouldn't have given much information, but the way someone answers (or doesn't, in this case) can be a valuable reaction to look at. It wouldn't have put him in a bad position at all, as very little stock would (or should) be put in that number later.
I still don't see how an answer that question would help. But more importantly, it leads Charter to the conclusion that Blackberry's action was scummy with the phrase "you say that blackberry's actions seem odd." The question almost expects Charter to find Blackberry scummy and makes not finding Blackberry scummy a direct disagreement with his previous post.
Netlava, looking at that it looks like you think the question was loaded, why is that? The actual question was "give a rating on the action" and the game was still in the random voting phrase, if slightly exiting it. I can't see how the question was loaded at that point, as the statement before was reiterating what Charter had said.
Netlava wrote:
Stay active so we can continue to interrogate you :roll:
Good point, but the way you say it suggests you feel Riot is scummy.
Netlava wrote:
CF Riot wrote:I think I'm being played really well by the mafia
Are you admitting that the case against you is sound?
That could move into WIFOM territory. If he is admitting the case is sound then either he is mafia, saying that he is town because he looks scummy, when in fact he is scum because he looks scummy, or he is town, saying he is town because he looks scummy, because he is being played by the mafia.

WIFOM situations don't help us at all, and questions like that could create them.

I'm also thinking that Riot probably isn't scum right now, so I'll
Unvote

Having done that, I'm not going to vote anyone just yet because I'm not incredibly sure just yet, I'll make a decision later on my vote, but for now.
FoS: Netlava
Hadhfang
Hadhfang
Goon
Hadhfang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:30 pm

Post by Hadhfang »

EBWOP

[quote="Hadhfang
Netlava wrote: Stay active so we can continue to interrogate you :roll:
Good point, but the way you say it suggests you feel Riot is scummy.
[/quote]

Whoops, I wrote the rest of the post but forgot to finish this bit. I'd like to ask what your reading on CF Riot is at the moment?
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:59 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Near has been prodded. ShadowGirl has only not posted for 2 days so I will wait until Monday to prod her because of the weekend.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:07 pm

Post by Walnut »

OK, time to say something that will hopefully get people thinking, rather than following "Scumhunting for Dummies" :? Just to be helpful, I will even mark with an * the standard scumtells I am giving.

As town, we* want to eliminate all threats to the town. Given that the opposing win condition* is usually based on having equal to or more members than the town, the natural corollary to this is we don't want to eliminate town members. I am not liking the way this is going, particularly with Macavenger and Battousai.
Macavenger wrote:Townies lynch townies. It sucks, but it happens. We have to deal with it.
Battousai wrote:Walnut: I don't add replacement games to my list unless I play for more than half the game, but I have a feeling I'm going to have to add a loss pretty soon.
There is not enough responsibility being taken here. You see this with a surprising number of players on the site, who have a complacent 'Oh well, I honestly thought he was guilty. Now, how about this other guy..." that allows them to mislynch and move on. I don't like this, as a) it often leads to incorrect lynches, and b) it is a great defence for scum. As for townies not caring how they look the next day because they made their best guess, surely if you think you are a reasonable player or a power role* it is in the town's best interest for you to stay alive.
battousai wrote:Charter, don't answer questions not directed at the whole group or yourself. Now I don't know what acid really would have said if you hadn't answered by himself. His answer could have been manipluated by you because now he knows he has support with this reason.
Macavenger wrote:Interrupting questioning like that is almost never protown.
Some people write more logically, persuasively, or coherently than others. One of the challenges of online mafia is that all we have to work from is what people write, but inability to articulate clearly does not increase the likelihood that the person is scum. Therefore, while some people want to pursue lines of questioning unchecked, it naturally follows that their target should not have to always be their own spokesperson. At the extreme is a question like "Are you the cop, and who are you protecting tonight?"- I would hope that any townie would jump in and say it was not in the town's best interests to for the cop to answer this. More generally, you often see a confident, aggressive player leading the lynch in a direction that you think is incorrect. Of course in that instance it is appropriate to disagree, including removing weapons from their rhetorical arsenal (such as direct questions). In any case (other than a deadline) there is plenty of time to build an impression and a case, and each person's interjection will be noted. In this case, it appeared that it confirmed Macavenger in his suspicions, as he shrugged off Acidmix's vote and focused still on Charter.

It is a common approach to pick someone early on and pressure them. What I am seeing is that it is working in that both Charter and CFRiot are feeling the heat and have said things that sound possibly scummy. On the other hand, I am scared by this comment Macavenger makes in reference to Near's scumminess:
Macavenger wrote:Just to humor you, I'll say 2 because his silence is starting to border on lurking, but enough scumvibes are coming from the people posting that I think there's a good chance the scum lie elsewhere.
Later on Mac notes that 5 of the 12 players need to post more, which is encouraging as I hate to think that anyone is drawing conclusions too soon. Recently I was recently in a game where Day 1 ended before 2 players had posted!

We have all day- and that can be months so long as people keep posting. Don't just pick one or two players and pressure them, put all twelve through the wringer. Ouch- I just realised how painful that may be for blackberry if he keeps trying to provide a comment on almost every post 8-)

Oh, and in general about this post:
* Any discussion of theory is a scumtell, as it lets the mafia appear to be posting a lot without saying anything useful.
* The fact that I did not end up voting for anyone is a scumtell, as I am trying not to look guilty for tomorrow. (Actually, I am still voting for Near, for the same reason as previously.)
Reading your signature makes me feel guilty and helpless.
Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:29 pm

Post by Walnut »

Speaking of Blackberry, Shadowgirl has posted three times since he last did. If we are asking for a prod on her it seems fair to ask for
prod Blackberry
please.
Reading your signature makes me feel guilty and helpless.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:41 pm

Post by Mizzy »

I will prod Blackberry if he has not posted by tomorrow!

ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:15 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Acidmix wrote:
Vote: Macavenger

For Strawmanning info in post:89.
I apologize for no posts - I've had to go to my friend's birthday, and I've been preparing for my dad's birthday. If anyone has any questions they'd like to me, I'd be happy to answer them.

Anyway, Acid, which post would you be referring to since 89 is your post?
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:13 am

Post by CF Riot »

Okay here. Like I already tried to clarify to Had, I would never follow the requests of a majority simply to appear more town. I see what you're all saying and I realized my vote for Charter may appear that way before I made it. But like I said, I had already stated more than once Charter was my #1 suspect, so my vote for him was simply me putting my vote where my mouth was.

From here down I'm mostly talking directly to you Netlava. About me getting mad at the game, it isn't because I'm afraid I'm going to be lynched. It was more because every time I think I've totally proved myself by posting reasons and examples of what I've done, that is when I appear the scummiest in the eyes of those persecuting me. My scenarios were things like, you being Mafia and Charter being town, you coming to defend him and gain a sort of friendship with him, Charter still being lynched, then you throwing blame to me D2 for his mislynch. Also I added to that ideas of Mac being your scumbuddy and in turn defending me to abolish any link you two may have appeared to have. To be clear, I don't actually think any of this is what is happening. But if it were, it'd be the best set up and puppet game ever by mafia on two unsuspecting townies.

I think what you said about townies not knowing what their suspects will flip explains why I did consider Charter being town. Since I don't know, I am still hoping for the best and still suspect him, but before he actually IS lynched, I wanted to imagine what the result would be if I were wrong.

For your first question (how suspicious), I know you didn't ask me for a number but on my scale that everyone seems to be using now, it was probably a 4. In my head, everyone was a 3 before they posted. To be 2 or less you must seem protown to me, and to be 0 you must be confirmed. 9 and 10 would be serious "We MUST lynch this person" territory. To take it a step further, at this point in the game I think Charter is a 7. At first all his accusations against me and others started to make me think he was scumhunting and therefore lowered my rank of him. Lately however, his accusations seem to all be stretching what is happening. He constantly says things like, "What you did could set you up to do something bad as mafia later." He always points this out about people, but so far none of those people have actually done what he was predicting. He's casting a scummy image of them when they could make scum moves later, but could also be innocently being active. He also seems to think
everyone
is twisting other people's words.

For your second question (case sound?), no. I said I think I'm being
played
well by the mafia. This means I felt like I (and those voting against me) was being led astray and somewhat manipulated by those that were the actual guilty party. This doesn't apply to every question or remark that's been made against me. Some of what people have thought, either because of misinterpretations or because they really believe me to be scummy by my actions, are reasonable. (And when I say reasonable, I don't mean they're right. Simply that they could logically come to that conclusion from what had been said.)

I don't know if I'm happy or hurt at the fact that Had and Mac see me as protown now at the expense of me being newb town. It
is
my first game here, so I guess that's not a bad thing yet. My long posts are back. Are you happy? [=
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:35 am

Post by charter »

Macavenger wrote:Of course, this all assumes you're telling the truth and weren't influenced by charter's interruption. I have no strong reason to believe otherwise for the moment.
You influenced him first with this. I already tried explaining this to battousia, but I'll spell it out.
Macavenger wrote:
Acidmix wrote:The reason I think cf riot and blackberry are pro town is because they are doing alot of scum hunting or at least thats what it seems like to me going posts: 54, 60, and 61. They also seem to have a very aggressive play style.
Why would an aggressive playstyle e indicative of pro-town motivations?
The way you word your question only gives acid one answer. You're asking for reasons why being aggressive indicates pro-town motivations. You don't ask if aggressive=pro-town. You're not looking to see if he thinks being aggressive means you're pro-town, because you've already put that assumption in your question.
With you wording your question this way, you're influencing acid's decision. The way you ask it, you give support to him saying that his two statements were together. I said I didn't think they were. Either way, both of us would have been influencing it in both directions, so he would have had support either way. I don't like how battousai overlooks this on your part, and only questions me.
Macavenger wrote:
charter wrote:First off, I didn't answer Mac's question and his question wasn't directed at anyone in particular. I was pointing out that Mac was stretching Acid's words to say what he wanted them to say. Second, Acid would have had support if I didn't say anything because Mac had already voiced his opinion on this. Convienent how you overlook this. Third you are ignoring acid's clarification and twisting his statement as Mac did, but this time it's worse because he's already said otherwise.
Wrong. You absolutely did straight up answer a question I posed to acidmix. There's no reason I wanted his words to say that - I already covered this above. His words could easily have had a couple different meanings. I should have pointed this out in my initial reply when you did that; I can't remember why I didn't now. Because of your intervention, I can't be sure that I got an honest answer to that question out of him, which screws up my attempt to find out how consistent he is. Interrupting questioning like that is almost never protown. You could always have called me on it later had I tried to stretch his response in a way you thought was inappropriate.
After I reread it again, I agree, it was directed towards acid. But I didn't answer it. I said that I thought you were misinterpreting his words. But for the reasons stated above, there wasn't much you could have gained from that question to begin with.
CF Riot wrote:He also seems to think
everyone
is twisting other people's words.
If by everyone you mean yourself, battousai, and mac. Scum like to subtly spin things to direct townies at other townies.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:37 am

Post by Battousai »

I didn't overlook it at all because Mac wasn't influencing his decision from my perspective. Mac was only questioning why acid thought that way (I don't know how you other guys have read Acid's post 89, but to me with the word also, it sounds like that was another reason they are protown). Mac's question to acid on why aggressive = protown, shouldn't have influenced Acid's answer. Acid could have said "it doesn't, what I meant was the first part was the reason and the last sentance was just something else I picked up on that I wanted to comment about." Or he could have went on and said why he felt aggressive play = protown.

Mac only put the assumption, from the way I read it, that he thought Acid thought aggression = protown and wanted to know why Acid felt that way.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”