starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by starkmoon »

Could I request that no matter how annoyed you get, you don't swear. I am pretty sure there is no age limit to joining this site, and many parents prefer that thier children are not exposed to such language.

[col color=white]Player[col color=white]Votes[col color=white]Voting [col color=white]Erratus Apathos[col color=white]5[col color=white]dRool89, Lowell, massive, cephrir, roflcopter [col color=white]dcorbe[col color=white]4[col color=white]cybele, Erratus, q21, empking [col color=white]roflcopter[col color=white]1[col color=white]CC09 [col color=white]Lowell[col color=white]0[col color=white] [col color=white]q21[col color=white]2[col color=white]kuribo, dcorbe [col color=white]dRool89[col color=white]0[col color=white] [col color=white]CC09[col color=white]0[col color=white] [col color=white]massive[col color=white]0[col color=white]

[col color=white]Not Voting : [col color=white] Seems you all are voting
Last edited by starkmoon on Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by Cephrir »

EA wrote:You've been making these two points against me all day: One, that all people who assume three scum are always scum, and two, that I assumed three scum. How in the hell can you claim those two points to be true without also concluding that I am 100% scum? What other possible conclusion can you derive from those two points?
Stop being intentionally dense.
And to any townie giving so much as a modicum of serious thought to the "anger = scumtell" non-logic, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY MAFIA. Of god damn course I'm upset at the prospect of my lynch! My lynch decreases my chances of winning, re****inggardless of my role!
Yes, but scum are likely to get pissy if they get caught for reasons they think are stupid. And sometimes those reasons
are
stupid. I know, I've done it.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by dcorbe »

roflcopter wrote:dcorbe, next time you say that nobody is trying to lynch the guy who's been wagoned to lynch-2, go dunk your head in cold water and realign your conceptions of reality. i for one never vote for someone outside of random voting that I don't want to see lynched.
Maybe "nobody" is a bad choice of word, but you obviously don't wagon for information much if you don't understand the difference between a vote with intent to lynch and a vote with intent to pressure.

I now know that having tunnel vision is more of a play style thing with you than a tell but quick lynches are bad. Maybe you need to be wagoned a few more times yourself before you're going to realize that.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by Lowell »

Cephrir wrote:
EA wrote:You've been making these two points against me all day: One, that all people who assume three scum are always scum, and two, that I assumed three scum. How in the hell can you claim those two points to be true without also concluding that I am 100% scum? What other possible conclusion can you derive from those two points?
Stop being intentionally dense.
And to any townie giving so much as a modicum of serious thought to the "anger = scumtell" non-logic, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY MAFIA. Of god damn course I'm upset at the prospect of my lynch! My lynch decreases my chances of winning, re****inggardless of my role!
Yes, but scum are likely to get pissy if they get caught for reasons they think are stupid. And sometimes those reasons
are
stupid. I know, I've done it.
Agree 100% with bolded part.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:04 pm

Post by Cybele »

kuribo wrote:And also, since you brought up past games, I should point out that in MY experience, 100% of the people that have been called out for knowing how many scum there were in a closed setup have been scum.
I'm not saying it's a bulletproof tell--- indeed, the sample size is too small
--- but it's been fairly reliable thus far!
Seriously. This is not true. Read the bold to kuribo's post.
FoS Erratus

Cephrir wrote:dcorbe's q21 vote is OMGUSy and not particularly well-founded. His EA vote was actually based on a tell, not an "anti-scumhunting attitude", even if EA's "slip-up" isn't the greatest tell ever.
And I just can't see why dcorbe would jump it so quickly. Dcorbe, why did you vote q21? Did you think him to be more likely to be scum?
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:22 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

starkmoon wrote:Could I request that no matter how annoyed you get, you don't swear. I am pretty sure there is no age limit to joining this site, and many parents prefer that thier children are not exposed to such language.
I'm sorry, I simply cannot continue the current conversation using shall we say pleasant language. Please replace me.
Do you want your possessions identified?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:38 pm

Post by kuribo »

Erratus Apathos wrote: I'm sorry, I simply cannot continue the current conversation using shall we say pleasant language. Please replace me.

:rolleyes:
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:07 am

Post by starkmoon »

Request for replacement in. Sorry guys.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:27 am

Post by Empking »

I find it hard to believe that you'd ask to be replaced just because you can't swear. I still think Dcorbe is more likely and that the original argument was terrible, absolutely terrible, but he quickly rose on my scumdar.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:06 am

Post by kuribo »

See, I think that a guy that finds himself backed into a corner from which he cannot extract himself--- and then asks for a replacement--- is far more likely to be scum.

This is a game where, at its core, we basically argue over who's lying, so to get all irritable just because someone thinks YOU'RE the one lying, maybe mafia isn't the game for you.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:39 am

Post by Cephrir »

Wow, that is incredibly immature of you, EA.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:01 am

Post by roflcopter »

unvote

i'm trying to decide if that replacement request is a towntell or a scumtell. i've never been replaced so i have no frame of reference.

in the meantime i'm not going to lynch the empty player slot
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:56 am

Post by dcorbe »

*sigh*

Let's hear what his replacement has to say *grumbles*.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:59 am

Post by kuribo »

"I have no counter-argument so I quit" is one of my biggest pet peeves on this site.

CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:25 am

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

Ok, back from the parties and readt to post :)

EA- wow, he got extremely angry over having that bandwagon on him for his 3-scum tell. 1) I wouldnt be suspicious of him if he had kept his anger at being bandwagon controlled, and gave good reasonsd as to why he shouldnt be lynched, a townie who gets BW day one usually does get mad, but 2) he got too mad, so I'm thinking he's scum, that, and the fact the he decided to get replaced instead of not swearing and just claiming his role. That makes me think he has a role he doesnt want to claim.

Waiting to see the replacement.
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:36 am

Post by roflcopter »

i'm still in support oF a lynch of erratus/replacement at this point, but its unsportsmanlike to lynch the replacement before he even arrives. perhaps he can be more civil and give us a new perspective.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:19 am

Post by starkmoon »

Still looking for a replacement..
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:18 am

Post by massive »

Let's relieve the mod of the pressure of replacing our current lynch target and just lynch him.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:38 am

Post by Cephrir »

It's tempting. If only he could claim somehow.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:00 am

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

I know, is there anyway the mod can claim for him, or get him to come back just to claim?
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:39 am

Post by Lowell »

kuribo wrote:"I have no counter-argument so I quit" is one of my biggest pet peeves on this site.
I very much agree.

And to answer whoever's question it was: it's a scumtell. He's scum, got caught for a "bad" reason, and now wants to quit and go home so he doesn't feel like a loser.

Let's get our lynch on, save the replacement for someone who'll remain alive.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:39 am

Post by kuribo »

I agree somewhat, but then I've always hated "pausing" the game to wait for replacement, especially when one leaves just because they're acting like a baby.

massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:07 am

Post by massive »

And I think it's very suspicious to see two people demand roleclaims from Erratus before being willing to lynch him ... especially CC09, who isn't voting for him at this time.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:20 am

Post by roflcopter »

i believe lowell is right about erratus' quit being a scumtell.

and that we should just lynch him instead of making some poor replacement read up and then get lynched.

vote: erratus apathos
soi soi soi

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:23 am

Post by Lowell »

^^^^ smart

We need one more, I think.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”