Newbie 647 - Over!!!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Newbie 647 - Over!!!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by Crub »

Current Status:

Night 2

Alive (2):

charter
replaces Serous who replaced KaHuJo who replaced SecretAgentOrange
(Goon)
My Milked Eek
replaces MarkBG who replaced Kairio
(Roleblocker)

Dead (6):

Xolani
replaces MiniKold who replaced Avangor
(Townie) - lynched Day 1
Malyss (Townie) - lynched Day 2
Battousai
replaces OhGodMyLife
(Doctor) - killed Night 2
Vir4030 (Cop) - lynched Day 3
Jahudo
replaces Alurin
(Townie) - killed in Endgame
Lord Gurgi (Townie) - killed in Endgame
Suffer the law
replaces Netman who replaced Brandi who replaced Katie
(Townie) - killed in Endgame

No current deadline
Last edited by Crub on Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:47 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Moo?
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by Crub »

Rules (blatantly stolen from mith):
  • This is a game. Have fun. Don't let things get personal.
  • During Day, you may vote for the player you want to lynch. Votes should be in the form
    Vote: Player
    or they may not be counted. It is helpful to "
    Unvote
    " when switching your vote to a different player, though this is not required.
  • Whenever a player has a majority in votes, that player will be lynched, his or her role will be revealed, and Night will begin. Once a player has reached a majority, no votes or unvotes will be registered. You may also
    Vote: No Lynch
    ; a majority will end Day without a death.
  • If discussion lags or Day goes on for too long, a deadline may be set. If no one has reached a majority at the deadline, no one will be lynched.
  • During Night, players with role abilities may send targets for those abilities. Choices are due by the posted deadline.
  • Don't edit/delete posts. Use the "Preview" button to look over your post before you submit it.
  • Don't quote any PMs from the Moderator.
  • Mafia are allowed to communicate by PM during the Night phase only. Otherwise, do not talk to anyone about this game outside the thread.
  • If you're dead, you're dead. Do not talk until the game is over; this includes talking to living players outside the thread.
  • If you have any question, complaint, or comment, PM the Moderator.
Setup:

This game uses the F11 setup. One setup will be selected at random from the following:
Role PMs (Blatantly stolen from Mr. Flay, items in {braces} may or may not be in the role PM)

Mafia Roleblocker PM wrote:You are a Mafia Roleblocker, along with your partner _________ (who is simply a Goon). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill/roleblock (your team can do both if both of you live; if only you survive, you must choose one action or the other).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.
Mafia Goon PM wrote:You are a Mafia Goon, along with your partner _________ (who is a {pro-Mafia Roleblocker}{mafia goon}). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill {(if your partner also lives, they can send in a separate choice to roleblock someone)}.

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.
Doctor PM wrote:You are the Doctor, and you can protect people from harm. Each Night, you may send me a choice via PM of who to protect; if they come under attack by the Mafia, they will live. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and try to lynch correctly during the Day.

Note: Doctors are 100% effective in Newbie Games (the person you protect will never die on the night they are protected, unless you are roleblocked). You may not protect yourself.
Cop PM wrote:You are the Cop, and you can tell good from bad. Each Night, you may send a player's name to me; I will let you know if your investigation shows that they are Mafia or Town. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and lynch well during the Day.

Note: Cops always get a correct result in Newbie Games (no sanity issues), unless you are roleblocked. You cannot investigate yourself
Townie PM wrote:You are a Townie, and you've got no special powers at Night. No investigations, no protection, no gun to shoot people. Your only powers are the ability to post, vote, and think. Help lynch Mafia during the Day, and you will win the game, along with the rest of the Town.
Moo?
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:40 pm

Post by Crub »

All role PM's have now been sent. Day 1 will begin when everyone has confirmed. Please confirm by PM.
Moo?
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:54 pm

Post by Crub »

As the sun rises on another beautiful day in this typical small town, all is not well. Some member's of the mafia have moved into the town intent on taking over, it's your job to find the mafia and meter out some old-fashioned justice. Will the small town be alright? The power is in your hands!

It is now Day 1, with 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Moo?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:14 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Hello All, especially OGML and Vir.

Vote: Vir4030
for using numbers.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Vir4030
Vir4030
Townie
Vir4030
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:25 am

Post by Vir4030 »

Good morning, everyone. Enjoy your morning, scum, because you may not see too many more.

Have we played on IRC, Gurgi? You may want to doublevote me, because I also don't have a signature!
SecretAgentOrange
SecretAgentOrange
Townie
SecretAgentOrange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:26 am

Post by SecretAgentOrange »

And it is a fine, fine, beautiful morning!

Looking forward to a game with all y'alls.

Vote: Katie

I know a girl named Katie, and she's a total snob. RAR KATIES.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:27 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Indeed we have, I'm curious why you didn't random vote.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Vir4030
Vir4030
Townie
Vir4030
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:35 am

Post by Vir4030 »

Didn't see much of a point. Nobody's any more likely to be scum until we start digging for dirt. Is it customary to random vote in your first post in the forums?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:40 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

See the wiki article on random voting here. You're free to make your own opinions, but most players will random vote on the first day to spark reactions and initiate discussion.
Vir4030
Vir4030
Townie
Vir4030
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:49 am

Post by Vir4030 »

Well, in that case, I will randomly choose the most evil-sounding name, IMO, of the people who haven't yet spoken.

Vote: Malyss

And I'll shut up for a bit and let them all come in and say hi.
Alurin
Alurin
Townie
Alurin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:56 am

Post by Alurin »

vote Vir4030

Reactions to a second vote seem potentially a lot more interesting than another random 1-vote.

/in before "Alurin is scum for trying to start a bandwagon" :D
Katie
Katie
Townie
Katie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:16 am

Post by Katie »

Morning people!

Hmmm, umm....

Vote: Avangor

For being above me on the list. XD
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:34 am

Post by Crub »

First Vote Count of Day 1

Vir4030 (2):
Lord Gurgi, Alurin
Katie (1):
SecretAgentOrange
Malyss (1):
Vir4030
Avangor (1):
Katie

Not Voting (4):
Malyss, Kairio, Avangor, OhGodMyLife

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Moo?
Kairio
Kairio
Townie
Kairio
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:25 am

Post by Kairio »

Hey everybody! Looking forward to playing my first Mafia game lol.

Vote: Lord Gurgi
for having a far more awesome avatar than I could ever aspire to have.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:25 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vote: Lord Gurgi
for joining the site before I did.
Vir4030
Vir4030
Townie
Vir4030
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:23 am

Post by Vir4030 »

Alurin wrote:Reactions to a second vote seem potentially a lot more interesting than another random 1-vote.

Maybe it's because I'm the target, but this seems scummy to me. There were two other people who had 1-votes on them who hadn't posted yet. If Alurin was looking for reactions to a second vote, they would have been better choices.

I'm not sure what to make of calling himself scum. I don't see why town would ever want to do that.
SecretAgentOrange
SecretAgentOrange
Townie
SecretAgentOrange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:31 am

Vir4030 wrote:
Alurin wrote:Reactions to a second vote seem potentially a lot more interesting than another random 1-vote.

Maybe it's because I'm the target, but this seems scummy to me. There were two other people who had 1-votes on them who hadn't posted yet. If Alurin was looking for reactions to a second vote, they would have been better choices.

I'm not sure what to make of calling himself scum. I don't see why town would ever want to do that.
Well, it's still the random stage, so I'm not so sure I'd jump to any conclusions about things being scummy at this stage in the game. And I'm not so sure I agree with you there. A townie wanting to start discussion would put a 2nd vote on an active player, one who would be likely to respond. I kind of feel like putting a 2nd vote on an inactive player would be a much easier scum move. That is, if this weren't in the random phase. And since it is, I don't really think it means much.

I mean, you seem to be a little overly defensive here, but I think I'd prefer to chalk that up as in line with your initial reluctance to random vote in the beginning and not as a scumtell.
Vir4030
Vir4030
Townie
Vir4030
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:40 am

Post by Vir4030 »

SecretAgentOrange wrote:I mean, you seem to be a little overly defensive here, but I think I'd prefer to chalk that up as in line with your initial reluctance to random vote in the beginning and not as a scumtell.
Or you can chalk it up to my first forum game. There's no "Random Stage" on IRC.
SecretAgentOrange
SecretAgentOrange
Townie
SecretAgentOrange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:07 am

Vir4030 wrote:
SecretAgentOrange wrote:I mean, you seem to be a little overly defensive here, but I think I'd prefer to chalk that up as in line with your initial reluctance to random vote in the beginning and not as a scumtell.
Or you can chalk it up to my first forum game. There's no "Random Stage" on IRC.
Yep. That works too. I wasn't going to straight up assume it was your first forum game. Either way, not scummy IMO, on either count.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:30 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I have to agree with Orange here, it's not scummy to place the second vote on a player. Though we could do with some more activity. You all confirmed where are you?
SecretAgentOrange
SecretAgentOrange
Townie
SecretAgentOrange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:17 am

Yeah, start posting, folks!

Wow. It took me this long to realize that your avatar is Winslow. I'm so smart.
Katie
Katie
Townie
Katie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:17 am

Post by Katie »

*waves* I'm here! Just waiting for the others to come...
"Someone told me a long time ago to beware of strange, brooding men with cute, fluffy dogs."
Malyss
Malyss
Goon
Malyss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:27 am

Post by Malyss »

Vote: Vir4030
for moniker prejudice.
Avangor
Avangor