Newbie 647 - Over!!!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:14 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Hello All, especially OGML and Vir.

Vote: Vir4030
for using numbers.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:27 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Indeed we have, I'm curious why you didn't random vote.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #9 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:40 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

See the wiki article on random voting here. You're free to make your own opinions, but most players will random vote on the first day to spark reactions and initiate discussion.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #20 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:30 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I have to agree with Orange here, it's not scummy to place the second vote on a player. Though we could do with some more activity. You all confirmed where are you?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #34 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:34 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Despite my join date, OGML is much more experienced than I am. I usually moderate any real life games. I've played a couple games on this site.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #37 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:11 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

*Cough* Get posting. *Cough*

Unvote; Vote: Katie
Just because.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #41 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:46 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I usually stick to the random voting, until something better comes along, like a slip up, or someone is just too defensive.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #44 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:53 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

It would seem that we're too docile, speaking of which, anyone want an apple-cinnamon muffin?

Well when I think about it I've found a good place for my vote.
Unvote; Vote: OGML
You're an IC, don't lurk. I would expect you to know better which makes me think it might be conscious.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #56 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:37 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I have never caught an open contradiction in the first three pages before.
SecretAgentOrange wrote:A townie wanting to start discussion would put a 2nd vote on an active player, one who would be likely to respond. I kind of feel like putting a 2nd vote on an inactive player would be a much easier scum move. That is, if this weren't in the random phase. And since it is, I don't really think it means much.

I mean, you seem to be a little overly defensive here, but I think I'd prefer to chalk that up as in line with your initial reluctance to random vote in the beginning and not as a scumtell.
SecretAgentOrange wrote:What, is it impossible to disagree with someone without thinking they're scum now? I said that two votes wasn't as serious as you were making it out to be, and clarified my reasons for voting you. And like I said before I did so, the reason that I took my vote off you was because my main reason for voting you in the first place was to both get you posting, and to start discussion. As both have happened, I saw no more reason for keeping my vote there.

To further explain, there was no real valid strong reason to suspect ANYONE in this thread as scum. Discussion helps the town. Moving out of the random phase helps the town. I want to do both of those things. Lord Gurgi had a vote on Vir, who had three votes on him. He then urged the town to be more active, and put a third vote on Katie, "just because". It was incredibly obvious to me that he was trying to get people to start posting by doing something that could be called into question as scummy. No one took the bait. He called you out on a minor offense. I felt that if no one had the balls to make a move that might appear scummy for the sake of sparking discussion, discussion would never happen. I put my vote there. As scummy as that may look, how could it possibly be an anti-town move? Any quicklynch that would result from having my vote there on such little evidence would CERTAINLY call me into question on the next day. I'm astounded that you'd think I'd be that stupid as scum.

But I notice that you've never once either attempted to defend yourself as to your lurking behavior, or respond to any of the points that I have made in my defense. You prefer to just attack me. That I think is a serious enough reason to put my vote back on you.

Vote: OhGodMyLife
In the first post you say it is scummy to vote an inactive to start discussion. In the second post you say that all you were trying to do by voting a lurker was start discussion and that shouldn't be thought of as anti-town. While you come up with an explanation:
Unvote; Vote: SecretAgentOrange

Also, OGML hasn't been lurking at all, I was just hoping to catch someone for being overeager.

To start some discussion also,
Everyone: How do you feel about his posts?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #72 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Alurin wrote:1) SecretAgentOrange, or Alurin?
SAO, purely because when pressured, she did respond with less than reassuring answer. Townie read on Alurin for these questions, it's something at least.
Alurin wrote:2) Malyss, or Vir4030?
I am more suspicious of Malyss, because she has a tendency (it would seem) to say she has suspicions, rather than what they are. Vir4030 seems like an eager/crazy townie.
Alurin wrote:3) Kairio, or Avangor?
Absolutely Avangor here, he has picked up his prod (I assume) and still has not posted. Kairio is guilty, however of no-content posts. Pretty high on my suspicions list, because it's not hard to find someone to be suspicious of.
Alurin wrote:4) Katie, or OhGodMyLife?
OGML, post more, plzkthx. I do not like Katie much either, considering that 60% of her posts are "I'm newbie" posts, 20% random votes, and 20% defending SAO. Please say who you suspect.

General Scumlist:
1.SAO, it's thinning, but still quite suspicious, also because of that first defense. (OGML is effectively lurking now however)
2 Avangor, Last post 13th. 8 days ago... I would consider voting here.
3. OGML mostly because he's IRC and I would hope that he knows better than that.
4. Malyss, no suspicions stated, at all.
5&6. Katie and Kairio, have done basically about the same things the entire game, not contribute, pull newbie card.
7. Alurin, this list.
8. Vir4030, Seems eager townie, but just barely.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #74 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Kairio wrote:With Lord Gurgi, again, I get kind of a good dodgy scum read, if he is. However, as far as Lord Gurgi, I don't think he's scummy, and he's not really high on my list.of scumminess.
That seems to contradict to me, which do you mean?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #78 (isolation #11) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Vir, it depends entirely on the player. If a player picks up a prod, but still doesn't post, my bet would be that they are scum. However getting replaced out is really a null tell. When people go idle they are just tired of the game usually, and for whatever reason don't feel particularly 'into' it.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #99 (isolation #12) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:36 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Not lurking Vir, thinking. At this point this back and forth has cleared SAO in my eyes.
Unvote
. I am a little concerned that Malyss is defending herself in so much of her posts, rather than scum hunting.

SAO, why do you vote for Mini-Kold over Malyss? It would seem to me that it's a better idea to vote the person who's given more reason for you to vote, than a
vote that was obviously in jest

I guess this makes me fall to my second suspect.
Vote: Malyss
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #110 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Vir4030 wrote:I'm not sure what to do now. It seems useless to scumhunt when there are only four active players.

Alurin is out and needs a replacement. Katie is at 12 days and needs a replacement. MiniKold is at 6 days and needs a prod. OMGL is at 4 days, but his post 4 days ago was a promise to post the next day and that hasn't happened. Lord Gurgi claims that he is thinking, not lurking, but I can't tell the difference.

Unvote

Malyss, you pointed out that the three of us could be chasing our tails while scum sits back, and I agree, wholeheartedly. I still think you've looked scummy, but you're completely right that it could be chalked up to poor play. I also wonder what your fiance has been telling you, and if this can contribute to any of it. Either way, until we start hearing from more players, I don't want you being lynched. I'd rather keep active players in the game and get rid of the idlers.

Vote: Lord Gurgi

I think the "thinking, not lurking" line is completely unbelievable, especially from the IC. If you were town, you'd be leading the charge in scum-hunting. This is why IC's are assigned to each game, is it not?

I'm going to continue to post and hold up my end of the game, but really, we need to post more as a group. IMHO, the IC's are doing a horrible job being active in this game, and the Moderator is also doing a horrible job getting and keeping active players. It's not fun. It feels much more like a chore to have to make these posts, because there are so many people that aren't participating. We barely have enough active players to get a lynch happening.
1. I'm not lurking.
2. There are bigger fish to fry. You gave a list up there in fact.
3. Why, pray tell, are you going after me over OGML?
4. IC's are meant to explain, not to push you through every lynch. I am glad you are willing to step out and get going, but insulting the IC's and the Mod is not good practice.
5. Just because a player is participating does not mean they are town.
6. I am disconcerted that you are hopping your vote around this much. It seems like every post you've got completely different suspicions.
7. I have played in a game with a replace-happy mod. It was a 9 player game, we had 17 replacements. Replacing is kosher when everybody else is posting. This game however has two or three posts per
day
If someone misses four days that means they have missed a page.
8. You. Are. Not. Mod. Stop acting like you know what's better for this game.

Sorry if this post sounds angry, but it is. Don't insult the mod, and don't insult me. I am posting more than once per page, what's the issue?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #116 (isolation #14) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:45 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I LOVE JAHUDO!I LOVE JAHUDO!I LOVE JAHUDO!I LOVE JAHUDO!I LOVE JAHUDO!
Ok, now that that's out of my system, I love it when people actually give opinions, not just summary. SAO is also looking very townie to me. I would appreciate something from OGML about everything that's happened, or else I will slap him with a small trout.
I LOVE SECRETAGENTORANGE!I LOVE SECRETAGENTORANGE!I LOVE SECRETAGENTORANGE!

I'm feeling a little nutty.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #125 (isolation #15) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:21 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Vir4030 wrote:Lord Gurgi, would you mind explaining how I'm hopping my vote around? I've only voted twice, once for Malyss and the other for you. Does that mean that I can't look at anyone else? Your vote for Malyss has a very scummy feel to me. I just don't see someone who has experience playing like you and being town. You seem to be holding back on us, except when pressured.
I should have specified, you are suspecting everyone. First Alurin, then SAO, then Malyss became #1 out of the woodwork, then me for lurking when OGML is worse, then Kairio for some reason.

Question for you Vir: Why don't you find OGML, Katie, or Mini-Kold suspicious, as they are the only people you haven't been suspicious of when they are all lurking?

Statement for you Vir: I am participating, more so than multiple players, why then is your vote on me for lurking?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #128 (isolation #16) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:31 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Brandi wrote:Hey guys! Will be posting content soon :)
ZOMG BRANDI. How many women do we have in this game?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #130 (isolation #17) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:03 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Brandi wrote:My notes so far:

PG 1:

Not very informative.
most notable - Vir4030 (null tell)

PG 2:

SecretAgentOrange wrote:Unvote Katie; Vote: OGML
IC's shouldn't be lurking, and with so little to go on at this point in the game, I don't think there's a better place I could put my vote right now.
This reasoning isn't really substantial enough to warrant a second vote. So he's an IC and he's lurking. So what? This is just as baseless as a random vote. I agree when OGML states that:
Going "what he said!" and dropping a vote, on the other hand, is scummy.
SAO goes on in her next post being way too defensive over the matter and goes on to say that the purpose of her vote was to get OGML to talk.

PG3:

OGML is happy with his vote, SAO continues to be over defensive. Completely out of character from how I percieved her on page one.
Lord Gurgi wrote:Also, OGML hasn't been lurking at all, I was just hoping to catch someone for being overeager.
Its rarely ever good for townies to lie. =P

How can we know you weren't SCUM trying to pull newbie townies in to make themselves the center of lynchattention?

FOS: Lord Gurgi

Alurin wrote: unvote, vote Avangor

Lynch the silent ones.
Bad play. Let the mod take care of that. Silent is not ALWAYS = Scum.
SAO wrote: I really don't think a scum player would do a gambit like he did.
Scum can use gambits.

PG4:

Malyss inquires as to why Vir4030 still has his vote on her. I think inquiring such is a bit of an insecure motive. Malyss had absolutely nothing to worry about. I think that there really doesn't need to be a reason for him not unvoting in this situation because it just wasn't neccessary yet. If perhaps Malyss had a bandwagon going on her after the random voting stage then it would be appropriate for Vir to at least speak up again about his stance on Malyss if not just unvote all together to prevent a quicklynch.
Vir wrote:OMGUS is a scummy move.

Not so much in the random voting stage.
Vir wrote: I think an OMGUS vote is scummy when it's the random voting stage and that player already has two votes on him.
Perhaps. It might just be anti-town.
Lord Gurgi wrote:Not lurking Vir, thinking. At this point this back and forth has cleared SAO in my eyes. Unvote. I am a little concerned that Malyss is defending herself in so much of her posts, rather than scum hunting.

I guess this makes me fall to my second suspect. Vote: Malyss.
Lord Gurgi practically votes Malyss for the same reasonings he had against SOA earlier though SOA is pretty much cleared in his book.

PG5

Jahudo hops in and gives his opinions. Doesn't seem to strongly suspect anyone at all. OGML gets a mudslide from Malyss. Thats it for this page.

PG6

Lord Gurgi wrote:Question for you Vir: Why don't you find OGML, Katie, or Mini-Kold suspicious, as they are the only people you haven't been suspicious of when they are all lurking?
False Delima for the most part. Lurking != Inactive. You are posting content. It is easy to pull scum tells from content, its harder to pull scum tells from absolutely nothing.

This is it for now, I will do more individual reads later.

Hey Lord Gurgi. ^___^ Sorry to say, I think you are scum.

Vote: Lord Gurgi
Sadness. My point about the lurking is that these people aren't resurfacing, for whatever reason they lose interest. Also, don't cut off my questions before they can be answered, I was trying to prove something from his response, and it's pointless now.
If he says what you did so help me I am going to murder a small rabbit, and it will be all your fault.

To address the OGML deal, that was to start discussion, because we were stalling out if you look at the time stamps. Everyone was sitting there smiling at each other and it was something to get the town moving, and it worked.

Question for you, do you agree or disagree with Vir's accusation of me about lurking? Given what you have said up there.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #140 (isolation #18) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:28 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Hi BM - I mean Brandi.
Lord Gurgi wrote:It would seem that we're too docile, speaking of which, anyone want an apple-cinnamon muffin?

Well when I think about it I've found a good place for my vote.
Unvote; Vote: OGML
You're an IC, don't lurk. I would expect you to know better which makes me think it might be conscious.
BrandiM, please find for me where I tell everyone to vote for OGML.

The mod was threatening a mass prod on day
Vir4030 wrote:Town doesn't need to think so much.
:shock:
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #142 (isolation #19) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:36 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

That should read Page 2, not day 2 >.<

Your last name starts with M? Seriously? I was just pointing out that it's Battle Mage's schtick to quadruple post.

Brandi, do you never lay traps for foolish scum to fall into?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #145 (isolation #20) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:55 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Jahudo wrote:I can see you line of thinking, and although I still have a different interpretation I'm not 100% sure on Gurgi right now so I won't defend him.
IC Note: I hope you never are. It is generally bad procedure to defend someone else, even at the point of them being confirmed to your knowledge, always be aware that nothing in this game sure.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #147 (isolation #21) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Brandi wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:nothing in this game sure.
Unless you're dead. ;o I read what Jahudo wrote incorrectly at first, I thought I said "I'm am 100% sure on Lord Gurgi" I was gonna say, ONLY SCUM are 100% of who is NOT SCUM. =P
Only in open or semi-open games.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #150 (isolation #22) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:07 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Brandi wrote:Moar Participation plz? OGML I was looking forward to seeing stuff from you! =(
Oh noz the lurkers. Where's Vir upholding his end and posting?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #162 (isolation #23) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:09 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Chitter. Chatter. I'm posting for all hyperactive parties to prove that I am not lurking. OGML post sometime soon please.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #171 (isolation #24) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

SAO, I think I've also explained the lurking thing to death, as have you explained your behaviour, at this point.

Brandi, I can't help but notice that you word a great number of your sentences so that no matter the opinion of the reader, you neither disagree, nor particularly commit yourself to either side of the discussion; this is also accompanied by the heavy use of the words probably, could, would, might, may, and depending. I'm not sure if it's the way you talk, the way you play, or a scum tell however.

If anyone has any questions at all, if they could share them now, it would be much appreciated. Especially any questions for me, as I feel that some people are finding things scummy about me, and a few other players, without asking for the
why
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #173 (isolation #25) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I didn't mean to attack you, I'm really off this game for some reason. But I must disagree with you, every townie should be sure of a few things, they should be sure of their own convictions, their own alignment, and the need to lynch.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #175 (isolation #26) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:09 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Brandi wrote:Also, not everyone agrees with utmost certainty whether or not a lynch is indeed necessary.
Then lynch 'em ;)
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #179 (isolation #27) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:10 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

In retrospect yes, but I've always been bad about disregarding my own actions when going after scum. Sorry about that.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #189 (isolation #28) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:37 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I'm a little confused about your scale. If that's a 1-10 I would think an 8 would be near positive, and a 1 would be, a little clarification would be wonderful.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #203 (isolation #29) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:05 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

MarkBG wrote:
Post 131-134:

Brandi's four posts and her earlier vote for Lord Gurgi prompted me to take a closer look at LG's character and what we have learned from him so far. At originally a 7 in my head, having looked back I still can't find any stand out obvious tells that would prompt me to place a vote on him. However, I get a "feeling" that he could well be scum - partly due to his "I'm thinking, not lurking" excuse - but it would be hypocritical to place a vote purely on a feeling, and I do feel as though further analysis is necessary.
I would like to have a better excuse but I really don't have one. I would also like to blame the fact that I was for all intents and purposes alone as an IC, however that just doesn't hold water. Don't what I can say, but that it was the truth.
MarkBG wrote:
Post 142:

Gurgi's "trap-laying" suggestion is an interesting one, and this could be interpreted in two different ways:

a) The suggestion of laying traps for foolish (hint of newbie suggested here?) scum to fall into could be an honest, town tell. His "laying of traps" could be his own method of rooting out scum.

b) It does seem a little suspicious that he hasn't mentioned this until now. The idea of town is that you share everything with each other,
because discussion is all the town has
. He could well be scum, attempting merely here to defend himself against Brandi by changing the subject and beginning to go on the offensive. However, I do believe that if he had mentioned his trap-laying technique sooner, then the scum would have become more aware of it and taken precautions to avoid falling into those traps, thus nullifying the effect of these traps.
The thing is that the more attention is drawn to it, the less the scum will want me lynched and the more they will avoid me in general, but I can't see any terribly obvious cases where people are doing that.
Yes, I am saying that most, if not all, of the people suspicious of me at the moment are town

MarkBG wrote:
Post 157:

Vir raises the point that Gurgi has voted for 5 different people throughtout the game, something that in my (brief) experience seems to be a scumtell. Wishy-washy voting to me indicates a "whatever-just-lynch-anyone" attitude and this is not helpful to the town. If Gurgi does end up being scum, we should perhaps focus our attention on those who he didn't vote for in the end.

Post 177:

Malyss also raises the point that Gurgi has been hopping his vote around, despite he himself saying that Vir was doing the exact same thing. This does seem a little hypocritical and scummy, and is all adding up to form a general scummy view of Gurgi.
I already explained this in 179
MarkBG wrote:This leaves Lord Gurgi and Xolani. I think Xolani and his predescessors are more scummy than Lord Gurgi - they have been quick to vote and content-less in posting, and this reeks of scum to me. Gurgi I have less of a strong opinion on, as sometimes I feel he is scum but sometimes he can be townie.
I'm surprised that you have a read on Xolani, when he and his predecessors have contributed about as much as some of the replaced players. Could you explain why you have so much of a read on him as opposed to some of the non-contributing people?

Concerning the question about the replacements all acting as one another: This is a hard question because like most in theory it really has two answers, neither of which are entirely correct. Some people lurk as a general strategy. Some people lurk as a general scum strategy. In my experience the important thing about lurkers is what they say when they resurface. IE: Slinging mud, parroting, not contributing, coming out with some evidence. I don't think that there is any use to just assuming that all lurkers are scum, however when a lurker resurfaces you have to scrape what you can from what they say.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #209 (isolation #30) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Activity post. Waiting for stuff to happen, like say Batt's post.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #215 (isolation #31) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:03 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Jahudo wrote: -Vir has several points for his vote:

1. Not posting as often or substantially as an IC should.
2. Not actively scum hunting enough
3. Holding back except when pressured
4. Liberally applying votes
I'm confused, I'm liberally applying votes but I'm holding back? I'm not posting enough and the other IC got replaced?
Jahudo wrote: -Malyss had a few opinions to add to that when she placed a FoS

1. Glossing over Vir’s comments?
2. He Called out Vir for changing votes when Gurgi has changed votes several times.
And I have already addressed this, I'm annoyed that people keep bringing it up.
Jahudo wrote: -MarkBG has added his recent FoS on Gurgi:

1. Voting Katie for not posting much at a time when others hadn’t posted much more?
2. Slightly exaggerated reaction when Vir said things about prods, mods, IC’s responsibility, etc.
3. Mentioning the trap-laying tactic at that time and not sooner?
4. Liberally applying votes.
5. He Called out Vir for changing votes when Gurgi has changed votes several times.
Hold on a second, I'm being voted for not being active enough, but when I vote people for that it's scummy? Talking about the traps nullifies them, I've gone over this. And once again I have addressed this, I don't use FoS's I use votes.

@Batt: Sorry, I got used to massive introductory posts.

@Vir: Where are you. It's been four days since your last post.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #220 (isolation #32) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

SecretAgentOrange wrote:Post 37: Votes Katie "Just because."[/i] He was previously on Vir, with 3 votes, and then moved to Katie, putting her at 3 votes. I want to ask, Gurgi. I interpreted this as a play of some kind to get either Katie or others miffed at you for the L-2 to spark some discussion. Others have called it random. What was up?
I was trying to spark discussion yes. Discussion usually needs to be revitalized every now and then.
SecretAgentOrange wrote:IC's are supposed to be on their top game. They're also not allowed to lie about game rules, mechanics, or strategy in order to gain the upper hand in a mafia game.

I think that saying that a player is lurking when they really haven't been inactive long enough for it to be considered lurking is coming pretty close to the line. I definitely wouldn't call it a serious offense, but it is on the line.
I don't see that as lying about rules, mechanics, or strategy. I was misrepresenting what he was doing, not about any of those three. I suppose you could stretch that into mechanics, but the problem is that the definition of lurking is largely subjective.
SecretAgentOrange wrote:But upon reread, I've also noticed that, for an IC, Gurgi is relatively new. He's played a few games on this site, and modded IRL. I could feasibly see, as scum, that he might have been new to the ICing thing, thus making the newbie factor more easy to overlook.

I dunno. Remembering that Gurgi is relatively new for an IC makes me able to see that it's possible that he could be scum without being malicious. I'm more comfortable with that. I still think that overall, it's a town tell. It looks to me like he was consistantantly spurring activity through the beginning part of the game, and that was just one more thing he tried.
I'm genuinely confused, are you saying that it might be a scum-tell because I'm IC'ing for the first time?
SecretAgentOrange wrote:But also said would consider voting for Avangor due to no posts. This strikes me as kind of weird. It's like feeling out a bandwagon possibility in a way. I mean, this might just be my play style, but if I vote an inactive player, it's to put pressure on them to become active. Just lurking, for me, isn't enough to want to lynch someone. It has to be persistant lurking, and persistant lurking can't come up by page 4. When you say "well, I could see voting for so-and-so", it generally means that you have actual suspicions of them as scum or a willingness to see them lynched. Maybe this is just me, but it seems scummier this way than had he just gone "Post more! Vote:Avangor".
Call me crazy but I don't see how it's more pro-lynch to say you're considering voting someone instead of voting them.
SecretAgentOrange wrote:
Post 99: "Not lurking Vir, thinking." He's cool on me, concerned about Malyss's defensiveness. Questions my vote on Mini-Kold.
It was 5 days since Gurgi's last post. That's a lot of time to be thinking, but I could see how sitting back and watching that interchange could provide more useful information than getting involved would. And since nothing we were saying was really implicating him or pushing for a wagon he was on or anything that really affected him, I don't think he had a real incentive to lurk there specifically as scum. I'm getting a null-read on this post.
The irony is that Vir has now gone that long without posting, irrelevant of course, but I just like the irony.
SecretAgentOrange wrote:
Post 110: States that he's not lurking, that for lurking OGML is a better choice, IC's aren't lynch drivers, participation != town, Vir's vote hopping is bad, in a game this slow missing 4 days isn't serious, stop backseat modding.
This post sounds very defensive, but he also has a reason to be defensive. He was insulted. Vir said he was doing a horrible job, especially when OGML was doing a worse job. That kinda sucks. But I'm not so keen on the whole "Why not OGML?" thing. More on that later. Here's where Gurgi first accused Vir of vote-hopping, and it was right after Vir voted for him. It really seemed like he was looking for a reason to call Vir scum to get the attention off of himself. That's kinda scummy.
I was ticked. I don't get ticked too often, but I was ticked.
SecretAgentOrange wrote:The one thing of note in this post is that he was using some kind of loaded question to guage Vir's response. It's now aparent to me that Gurgi's playstyle is more about laying traps than passive observance.
Yes.
SecretAgentOrange wrote:
Post 140: Never told people to vote for OGML, mod was threatening a mass prod on day 2.
Gurgi I'm really confused about this statement. First, of course you didn't tell everyone to vote for OGML. I've never seen a post where someone says "I Vote:PlayerA and EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD TOO!" Before you were saying it was a plan to catch overeager players voting for OGML. Doesn't that mean that you DID want other people voting for OGML? And I'm not drawing the connection with what you're trying to get across with mentioning the mass prod.
You have never seen that? I have, unfortunately. The point of that whole thing was that the townies would ask me why and the scum would say yes let's go and lynch him. Unfortunately I didn't account for people taking IC word as law. (It's not, we can be scum just the same as you.)
SecretAgentOrange wrote:
Post 173: DIdn't mean to attack Brandi. Off on this game. But every townie should be sure of their convictions, alignment, and the need to lynch.
Whoah whoah whoah. Didn't you say in post 145 "It is generally bad procedure to defend someone else, even at the point of them being confirmed to your knowledge, always be aware that nothing in this game sure." I mean, sure, that's a contradiction that's nitpicking, but you seem to be saying that contradictions are scummy, so I can't just leave that out.
Sheesh, that is nitpicky alright. But yes that is badly phrased I don't know what else I can say, except ending the second sentence with except then ramming the other onto the end.
SecretAgentOrange wrote:This is both heartening and disheartening as a defense. For one thing, Gurgi isn't getting defensive. That's nice. He's also basically saying through this whole thing that the sum total of his defense is "Welp, my bad." No real excuse for his lurking but "thinking". And when he covered his wishywashyness in 179, it was basically "eh, I've always been bad at that. Sorry." And then there's the thing that anyone avoiding him is doing so because they're scared of his traps. This post comes off as scummy to me.
Well I have two basic options, lie or give a bad answer, I could say that something came up or a family member died, but they didn't I just was thinking. And I can't really apologize for character flaws beyond trying to change them.
SecretAgentOrange wrote:Now this is defensive. I don't like how you seem to think that your posting only has to be compared to OGML. You said it yourself. Lurking for an IC is more serious than it is for a normal player. Are you suddenly supposed to be held to a lower standard because OGML afked out? And you're annoyed that people keep bringing up the vote-hopping issue? You gave next to no defense for that. Are we just supposed to say "Well, I guess that settles it. He's clear, guys." And you don't use FoS's, but you are willing to say "Avangor, Last post 13th. 8 days ago... I would consider voting here. " What would you say is the difference between FoSing and saying "I would consider voting here"?
Like I said, I was getting annoyed because people were just bringing up the same stuff over and over and over again, just like this post is. I feel like I've defended these same points multiple times and from multiple people. I don't see why beating the horse is going to make it run straighter. I just don't use FoS's because people tend to lose track of them, and they are frankly meaningless, especially with the overuse of them.
SecretAgentOrange wrote:As of now, Gurgi to me looks the scummiest out of anyone I'm seeing. He was very townie for the first half of the game, but got more scummy looking as the game went on.
Ahhh fix your grammar it hurts.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #233 (isolation #33) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:24 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

It seems like the day is getting a bit stale, we've got too many inactives. Other than that this is an activity post. Ten hour parties are tiring.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #243 (isolation #34) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Vir: Explain lurking.

Brandi: Explain lurking.

Will comment once responses have been made.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #245 (isolation #35) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:50 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Thanks for being awesome by the by Battousai.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #247 (isolation #36) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I am disturbed that my name is more common in the Vir read than Vir. Anyway, his activity has really dropped. I am really quite tempted to vote for him, seeing as he came out of the woodwork after ten days to give a lackluster PBP and ask if I was dead yet.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #250 (isolation #37) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:39 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Batt, how's the mod stuff coming along? This game is getting towards death.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #252 (isolation #38) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:42 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Not my fault ._.

Sorry you have to drop.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #255 (isolation #39) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Umm, explanation?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #260 (isolation #40) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:32 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Hii MeMe. I think that there are only a few of us left. I believe that Malyss and myself are the only original players remaining.

Battousai: Is there some way that I can address the suspicion?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #262 (isolation #41) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

OK, well I can only ask. I guess we just wait for our three or so replacements.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #279 (isolation #42) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:37 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Jahudo wrote:@LG: new Winslow = win!
Yes, he is Winslow: Scum hunter. I am against any lynches until we have 7 active players.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #282 (isolation #43) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #285 (isolation #44) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:25 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Vote: Vir4030
for so many reasons.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #294 (isolation #45) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Huh, well. That's certainly a change of events.
Unvote
. Pending a counter claim. Which the cop should do regardless of what investigations he or she has.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #297 (isolation #46) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:42 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

No. Cop counterclaiming is very good. Even if he or she was blocked, by counterclaiming he or she effectively gives us a guilty on Vir. Even if they are blocked from then on getting a scum like that is always good for the town.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #304 (isolation #47) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:32 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

...What?

I'm going to wait until everyone has checked in to see a doctor claim...

Separate from all this, I want to lynch Malyss today.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #308 (isolation #48) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Something else I thought of, given the cop claim, the mafia can then claim doc if they have no RB with impunity. I'm still unsure why they would no kill, but that is a possibility.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #314 (isolation #49) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:35 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Vir, my problem with your 'review' is that it is just a summary of the posts, not any sort of analysis of those posts.

Also, the scum can choose not to kill. I wouldn't want to play outguess the mod as far as multiple night choices. Well I am confirmed at this point, except if I am scum with Vir. This does not, however, exempt him from being scum in any way. I do not like his play on a whole, because it seems like often his posts are the reasoning constructed after a foregone conclusion.

At this point in the game my two picks for scum are Malyss and KaHuJo. I'd be fine with lynching either one of them today, but I prefer Malyss. In keeping with that:
Vote: Malyss
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #316 (isolation #50) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

It's not that that's bad Vir, it's that you're giving us a summary of what happened, which scum regularly do to look like they are really thinking about things and participating, without stating any opinions that could bite them in the butt later.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #328 (isolation #51) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:20 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Batt, do you have your picks for scum?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #335 (isolation #52) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:55 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Malyss, you can use the [hr][/hr] tags to create a nice dividing line rather than that thing you were using.

I still think Malyss is scum though. Especially since she is explaining her reasons for being on that wagon after the fact. Then she moves on to just say what has been said many times already. I don't like the post on a whole, it's rehashing, excuses, and summary.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #340 (isolation #53) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:20 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I think they are pretty solid tells, nothing is ever reliable 100% of the time, but those two in particular I find particularly reliable. You might also want to look at JEEP's standard tells. While they are becoming invalidated by their renown, they are useful, but should not be the defining highlight of a lynch.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #351 (isolation #54) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Sad to say this is an activity post, my scum picks haven't changed.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #365 (isolation #55) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:57 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Well, I haven't seen much of anything to comment on. I think that if the deadline was closer we might actually be doing something about it.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #370 (isolation #56) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

No. The lynch today should be Malyss. Even if you just want a lynch, there's no reason for Eek over Malyss.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #377 (isolation #57) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:21 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Malyss wrote:LG: If you were to get your wagon rolling and the town lynched me, who will your next target be after you learn that I am not scum? Will it just be a matter of continuing to pick off players in the convenient little pool of suspects?
Posts like these. This is just slinging mud with no reasoning.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #384 (isolation #58) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:29 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

The activity levels here are startling.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #389 (isolation #59) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Well it's not looking like we have any lynch at all
WHICH IS BAD
. Start voting for someone even if they are your second or third choice, because it's better than nothing.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #414 (isolation #60) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:58 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

To be honest, I'm lost. Could everyone check in with a list of suspicions?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #422 (isolation #61) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:42 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Yesterday, it was Serous, or more specifically KaHuJo, since Serous hasn't done anything except "Number crunch". Yeah, still apply as scum on his own.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #423 (isolation #62) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:44 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Hmm, isn't it possible that the scum tried to kill Jahudo on N1, when it didn't go through, and they knew they didn't have a RB, that Vir4030 claimed Cop?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #434 (isolation #63) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:14 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Well my views are that Eek and Serous need prodding.

Quick thoughts:

Suffer the Law: Heavy on theory, less on knowing what has happened in the game.

Jahudo: Pretty Townish

Vir4030: Likes to shoot things down, doesn't come up with much original stuff.

Eek: Who?

Serous: This guy was a tiger, right?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #440 (isolation #64) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Hi.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #442 (isolation #65) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

How was your day?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #444 (isolation #66) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:24 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I can imagine, I think it's stalling because we have a large number of barely or inactive people.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #447 (isolation #67) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:51 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Hi Charter!
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #449 (isolation #68) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:53 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Summary of important facts: I was investigated as innocent by Vir4030, Jahudo was protected the N1 by the now dead doc. Vir was blocked last night, and Batt (Doc was killed). We lynched Xolani (Lurkerlynch) and then Malyss (Scummy), but none of them were town.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #450 (isolation #69) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:54 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

EBWOP: None of them were scum. Still thinking in terms of antifa.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #453 (isolation #70) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:55 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Vir4030 wrote:I won't lynch Lord Gurgi. Period. I got a sane cop result on him as Town. So Jahudo, Eek, Suffer, and Charter would all have to agree to lynch him. If any of you won't lynch Lord Gurgi, then he won't be lynched today.

Lord Gurgi doesn't seem to think Jahudo is very scummy, and we will need all four town to agree in order to lynch a scum today. I know that Lord Gurgi is town, so if he won't vote for Jahudo, then neither will I. If Lord Gurgi won't lynch Jahudo, then he won't be lynched today.

So let me ask all five of you guys: is there anyone here that you would
not
support lynching today?
Vir, it's important to know that just because I'm town doesn't mean I'm right.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #457 (isolation #71) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:11 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I love charter.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #461 (isolation #72) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:38 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Suffer the law wrote:is there anyone questioning the idea that we should lynch vir today, if not because he's acted scummy like Charter, Jahudo and i believe? and eek seems to insinuate? whether he's cop or not, he's no longer helpful since he declared his role early in the game, now; if he is town, he'll just be "RB" again tonight leaving us to ponder the same q tomorrow of whether we should lynch him. it will save us a day and the trouble of this same discussion tomorrow if we lynch him today. so whether you think he's scum, or town, i really dont see any other alternative but to lynch him and thereby test his claim. in fact if he is a cop and we hang him, it will only help by confirming that LG is town... this would be helpful because i get the feeling LG may be scum, and this is just a gut reaction to his posts, but i dont even really want to look there until vir's out.

o and the notes i wrote about earlier were about vir, so if anyone needs convincing i will continue with notes on him, however with the way people seem to be leaning i dont want to beat a dead horse (maybe hang one though...)
1. Killing the cop to confirm me assures my death.
2. Lynching someone purely because they are no longer a useful power role is stupid.
3. Lynching someone you think is town is stupid.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #488 (isolation #73) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:11 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Jahudo wrote:LG: Where are you? No more munchings and crunchings for you until you find the scum!
Right here. Trying to figure out my suspicions, there is some really scummy play going on here. I'm leaning charter/Vir at the moment. Thoughts on that?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #490 (isolation #74) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:56 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

People who I want to comment on this before anyone more: SuffertheLaw, then charter. In that order. Anyone who screws it up I will be furious with.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #501 (isolation #75) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:48 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Suffer the law wrote:ok, i thought it made sense but ill type it in a more delineated way for ya eek,
1) i think you have the highest possibility in being virs partner
2) i dont want to lynch you since i may be wrong, whereas i feel vir's actions warrant a lynch and would behoove the town most.
3)you and vir have both become convinced of LG's towniness

Vir4030 wrote:
I know that Lord Gurgi is town, so if he won't vote for Jahudo, then neither will I. If Lord Gurgi won't lynch Jahudo, then he won't be lynched today.

Eek: You're putting an awful lot of trust in a 'confirmed' townie. Although I'm not quite convinced of your claim I do think that LG is town, it'd be a too big gambit (for scum) to pull off. Claiming your partner to be town, that is.

vir wrote:
So let me ask all five of you guys: is there anyone here that you would not support lynching today?

Eek: LG.

4) I had suspicions of LG earlier because of the brevity of his posts
5) I dont think LG is either more or less likely scum from having been named a townie by our 'cop'
6) eek, you dont come straight out and say it but you seem to support a no lynch tonight when you said, "And the only benefit I see from a No-Lynch would be analyzing the nightkill in the context of the other nightkills. Which actually won me my first game, lol. And of course the increased chance of hitting a scum. "
7) i think its a lil late for a no-lynch today
8) I had small suspiscions of Kairio early because he only responded when being attacked, and because he posts in 118 that people aren't posting enough when he barely posted himself. and even when he did his posts were far from useful in any sense.
I hope this clears things up
I am either scum with Vir or not at all. That said, either get something on him, or drop this.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #505 (isolation #76) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:44 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I will not strike anyone from my list of possible votes today.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #513 (isolation #77) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:39 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Suffer, verbosity has no relation to alignment. The fact of it is that there is an innocent on me from an un-counterclaimed cop. This means that there is no reason to lynch me
at all
unless you find something on Vir4030, lynch him, and he comes up scum. Do you understand why?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #515 (isolation #78) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Suffer the law wrote:thats why i want to vote for vir, do you want to vote for him or charter or someone else? since last time you stated you believed it was that combo as scum?
Haven't you already voted him? I'm not ready to vote anyone just yet. Care to convince me why I should vote for him?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #522 (isolation #79) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I will ask charter to be the next vote on Vir. This will narrow things down, or make us lose. Basically, if Vir is scum, and charter is voting him, there will be no quickhammer for scum win. If charter and suffer are indeed scum, as Vir says, then they will be unable to quickhammer. Any objections to this plan?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #527 (isolation #80) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

charter wrote:Not actually a whole lot I needed to catch up on I suppose. That's L-1 in case you live on mars.
Virginia isn't on Mars?

Anyway, if we could all check in, now, and see if someone has totally hoodwinked us.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”