Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:39 pm

Post by Simenon »

Ha. "Goebbels."

I thought nuriens was the best playing scum and it's a shame he lost after confusing the town that many times.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:07 am

Post by Darox »

I was a little worried when as Darox A I was able to pick out both my partners as scum, but it was Sim's parallel claim that really did me in.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:22 am

Post by nureins »

Goatrevolt wrote: Scum...why did pacman submit the kill and not nureins?
My suggestions for Kill-RB-Watch were SIMENON-SIRDAN-PACMAN or SIMENON-ECTOMANCER-PACMAN. The idea that I should remain as inactive godfather defeated me. I was totally unable to discuss it due to my inexperience. And indeed, I didnt even consider worthwile to discuss it because my view was just a non-articulated thought.
simenon wrote: 1. Ha. "Goebbels."

2. I thought nuriens was the best playing scum and it's a shame he lost after confusing the town that many times.
1. Kinda...

2. I do not agree. Habitang played horribly, becoming emotional with no need. I was both buddy with players and unclear with habitang. If I would have been a townie, Ive had destroyed habit, so I can perfectly see I played poorly. Nhat was doing good up to the end of day 1. He should have lynched habit with no compassion, as he was suspicious of him. At this moment I perceived the game was not only lost but probably short...
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:32 am

Post by kuribo »

Thanks for the kind words, guys, but as you can see, I wasn't entirely convinced about Darox B. I was starting to cotton to nhat's lurky behavior, though, but I probably would have still seen Sim as somewhat opportunistic at times. Nhat's behavior troubled me a bit, though, because I've played with him before and it was uncharacteristic.

Nureins, you're right: While my scumdar was right on in two cases, I'm not the best at logically laying out my arguments--- I knew that habitang and yourself had exhibited troubling behavior, but I had a hard time proving it to the town. So, I fell back on the "kuribo playstyle---" Antagonize you endlessly with fits of rage until you become so frustrated that you cease making good decisions. And, to an extent, it generally works.

Habitang hurt pacman more than pacman did. Pacman didn't have a complete meltdown until the very end of day 1.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:34 am

Post by kuribo »

Also, since Darox opted to RB Ecto night 2, I assume two things:

1) Darox, did you have an inkling that Ecto was the vig, and were worried you would be the target?

2) I also assume you were trying to play WIFOM games the following day with the lack of a kill?

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:53 am

Post by pacman281292 »

Town made an awesome job. We made a horrible job. That's all, and it's another game to my "lost games" list... my "won games" list is still empty :(
Newb scum was overcrushed by experienced town, and you caught all us in just three days, and lossing only one town (Darox A). I tried to do the best of me, but replacing habitang was replacing obvscum. I was really happy because I survived D1, but the vigilante made the obv choice, and I died.
I'm thinking on nomminating this town to a scummy, but scum made it horrible, so it would really had been easy to you...
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:14 am

Post by Jahudo »

Hah. I was ready to proclaim sirdan the ultimate doc for saving the right people both nights, but it turns out he was blocked night 1 and there wasn't a kill night 2. Why didn't you tell us you were 1 shot doc? :P

I agree that kuribo helped give this game good direction, but seven people not having to be replaced is good too. And those roleblocks were well chosen with Sim night 1 and Darox night 2.

Also: Yay my first win :D :D :D :D
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:32 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Excellent game town.

My night 1 killing of Pacman was influenced both by my stated reasoning of not going into day 2 arguing over whether to lynch the 2nd most scummy player of day 1, as well as Kuribo's arguments against him.
Nureins I chose to lynch for muddying the waters. I believe that to be a fine scum tell, though sometimes its certainly an opinion.
I decided to taunt DaroxB with the "Darox is going to die" to see whether I would be roleblocked (and to softclaim), Sirdan my actual target because I believe not every town has a Doc, and I thought him next scummiest, plus if I got blocked, he was likely
not
scum and would be 99% verified for me.
Once I was blocked, and no night kill occured, I felt Darox was almost certainly scum. Darox, could you have also submitted a kill? If so, why didnt you?
For the rest, I simply kept a healthy dose of suspicion and tried to keep us away from false assumptions about anyone.
Also, I was very serious about getting the day down to the 5 players I mentioned so that we could eliminate the masons a well if need be.
@Goat - yes, I had planned to ask the mod if I could self-target if need be to arrange for Goat, Kuribo, and Sirdanilot to be in a final showdown against the masons without worrying about an SK in the mix.

I personally felt that this was my best game as town, with the majority of my hunches being on track.

Good playing with you all ;)
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:21 am

Post by Darox »

kuribo wrote:2) I also assume you were trying to play WIFOM games the following day with the lack of a kill?
Yeah, although I should have killed Ythill instead.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:34 am

Post by Ythill »

Darox wrote:Yeah, although I should have killed Ythill instead.
When in doubt, always NK me. :)

Sirdan got VERY lucky when he decided to claim doc without saying he was a one-shot. I didn't track him N1 because I figured he'd be killed if he was the doc. If I had tracked him N1, we would have hung him D2. If we had gone with the Sim kill on D2, we would have hung sirdan D3. It was a
very
risky move but, lucky for us, it worked out miraculously. Sirdan, I promise I will never again say "hahaha, whatver scum" to you so long as you promise to never fake-claim as town again. K?

@ nuriens: I don't think you played horribly. Actually, your prima facie play was quite good. Where you could use improvement is in your buddy relations. You need to realize that at least one scum will most likely be caught and then town will use that confirmation to find the rest of you. Just keep that in mind.

Also, don't be afraid to have solid opinions as scum. The average townie will believe a change in stance so long as you take care to make it look natural, but the lack of a stance is a surefire scumtell.

@ kuribo: Although your townie play in this game was quite good, I should warn you that I have a pretty solid read on you. If you are scum against me in the future, you'd better mix up your play. :twisted:
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:43 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Out of curiosity, why did everyone just kind of accept the idea that I was town? I really expected going into day 3 to have to fight to stave off my lynch.
Ectomancer wrote:Darox, could you have also submitted a kill? If so, why didnt you?
The scum role PMs say they can either use their role or submit a kill, not both.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:39 am

Post by Ythill »

@Goat: I'd have to reread to tell you the exact reasons but, generally, your opinions adhered strictly to the evidence and you demonstrated a certain level of restraint and wisdom in everything you did. Early in the game, when I said that I had identified some townies but would not name them, you were on the top of that list. And you never really did anything to change my view. There were a few times I questioned my read but I always came up with the same answer.

In my mind, you were the sleeper. Meaning that I was willing to consider you obv-town but, if things started to go extremely wrong, I would have moved you up to the top of my suspect list. But, you know, nothing went wrong.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:37 pm

Post by kuribo »

Ythill wrote: @ kuribo: Although your townie play in this game was quite good, I should warn you that I have a pretty solid read on you. If you are scum against me in the future, you'd better mix up your play. :twisted:
I'm a piss-poor scumside player because I seem to play more conservatively when I'm scum, which puts me on the defensive.

So with me being aware of my own meta, it shouldn't require TOO much effort to behave the same way all the time.

Unfortunately that means less of kuribo and more of The Hulk!

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:38 pm

Post by kuribo »

I had some advice for nuereins, but i'll post it in the morning.

sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:12 am

Post by sirdanilot »

I'll explain some things of my play.

When I replaced in: I reread the game. Thing is, I do not like rereading, and at some point, I just wasn't motivated enough to completely read everything. I caught myself glancing over some things, but I tried to read as much as I can. In the future, I won't replace into games with this many pages any more, since it is just too much trouble for me to re read everything.

I didn't pick up any scum tells from anyone, I'm not that good at picking them up so I decided to just post a weak case against Goatrevolt. It made me realize that Goatrevolt was probably not scum. So yeah then came Ythill with his 'haha whatever scum' and I thought that was very scummy. So actually, I feel that I played really badly this game, but at least town won so that's a consolation.

Now, the most important part, my fakeclaim. I figured that there would be no real doc. I was doubting wether to claim doc or one shot. Now, I was really about to get lynched, and I really didn't think that I would survive if I claimed one-shot. I figured that they would see that I was one shot when I died (I thought that claimed docs always died?) n1, and I didn't protect anyone. Then, I saw I survived. Woops. I was thinking and thinking about what to claim. A real doc would always protect, and I knew that I would've been lynched day 2 if I changed my claim into one shot, so I just decided to claim to have protected Ecto. Maybe not the most pro-town move, but at least it turned out pretty well.

N2 I protected kuribo. I was convinced he was town (no scum would advocate the lynch of two of his partners) and also that he could've been a target for scum. Then, I survived again... I was cleared, so I could've claimed one shot, but I didn't. Firstly, it wasn't necessary (they didn't assume that I protected ecto), secondly, I had a huge nk target on my back, and I was basically a normal towny, and I felt fine having that target on my back.

So yeah, sorry for playing so horribly, but I learned a lot from this game and we won. Kuribo was clearly the mvp. I feel simenon played really bad, why wouldn't you just reply to my accusations. I get majorly annoyed by that. And well, Ythill goes without saying :P. I hope this shows to you that 'haha whatever scum' doesn't help you to catch scum.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:40 am

Post by kuribo »

sirdanilot wrote:I hope this shows to you that 'haha whatever scum' doesn't help you to catch scum.
Well, no, it worked for me, I'm just alot more volatile about it. :P

Ythill says, "Haha, whatever, scum"

kuribo says, "HURRY UP AND GET LYNCHED FOR CHRISTS SAKE, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE WAITING FOR?! JESUS!"

two sides of the same coin, really

MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”