Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:56 am

Post by Ythill »

@ Pope: I'll consider that response, but my vote's staying put for the moment.

Was there any point to your post, other than being funny? Why did you choose to post what you did in response to a serious defense against your initial jab?
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:59 am

Post by nhat »

Matin wrote:
nureins wrote:
matin wrote: cause he voted for the guy I wanted to vote for
I know it is almost a joke, but why didnt you yet vote for the guy you wanted to vote for ? two votes are far from being relevant...
Cause I figured it was a scummy thing to do, beating me to the punch and all..
Duh, I get it now. It looks like some of you read the bold as "cause I figured it was a scummy thing to do by putting a second vote on him," whereas I read it as "cause I figured that him voting for who I wanted first was a scummy thing to do", on some joke shit. No wonder some of you jumpy cats were all over it like R Kelly's bodily fluids on youngsters. [/b]
The Pope's Tiara
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:01 am

Post by The Pope's Tiara »

Ythill wrote:@ Pope: I'll consider that response, but my vote's staying put for the moment.

Was there any point to your post, other than being funny? Why did you choose to post what you did in response to a serious defense against your initial jab?
My joke response to a joke response to a joke vote (or however far it went) was thought to be serious. In order to try and show people that I wasn't actually accusing him of being scum without saying "I was kidding. Kidding!" was to continue to be ironic.

Why are you trying to appear to gather information out of a series of irrelevant posts? Are you a cop? Are you scum? Are you a doctor? Are you a townie?

Wait, don't even bother to answer that. I already know what you are. Your secret is safe with me.

Unvote, Vote: Ythill

Okay, so it isn't that safe.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:48 am

Post by nureins »

Matin wrote:
nureins wrote: I saw it that way before TPT, I also want a bandwagon !! :P
Now seriously, after all the posts about the topic, I see two things in Matin's words:

1) that he felt Jahudo stole his vote for ectomancer. This part is what Matin used as any other reason he could use to make a "joke" vote on jahudo. And this is the part that Goatrevolt and Jahudo pointed out. I do not find this part very relevant, as I take Matin's way of voting as any joking way.

2) that he "changed" his mind from voting when jahudo stole the vote. I pointed out this question and later TPT insisted. In my view, not a very serious issue, so I just raised a question delicately to Matin in order to see his answer. I agree that he shouldnt be worried about putting a second vote on someone, and that hidding in the forest is not a good help for us...we do not need townies hidding if they are townies...now I want more words from Matin-jahudo-TPT-Goatrevolt-nhat to clarify my mind...
Is this serious? The vote was entirely random as was the reason.

Let me get this straight, your theory is that I am scum who was afraid to draw the spotlight on myself by placing a second joke vote on someone, so instead, I drew the spotlight by announcing my fear to do so?
My theory is that you made a joke vote, that I took the relaxed chance to ask you about "not putting a second vote on someone"...that you answered you didnt want to be "suspicious", and that I agree with ectomance that this is NOTHING and that we are far away from somebody being too suspicious...Just I take notes about all the reactions on this game...as this could be useful later...

precisely, u announced such a fear, and then i stopped thinking too much, as i took it as a townie reaction...
my answer to you was precisely that id like you (and others, all townies) to be so townie and not hidding things all the time...just dont be afraid to expose your thoughts and votes...this can only help scum by putting a nebulose on you...

clearly i dont think u are scum and i dont think ectomancer is scum as he clearly gave no importance to all this stupid issue... (of course, these are pretty vague impressions, but im happy to have a couple of town-soft-impressions to start with...)

is it more clear now ?? ASK if you have any doubt
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:59 am

Post by nhat »

The Pope's Tiara wrote:
Ythill wrote:@ Pope: I'll consider that response, but my vote's staying put for the moment.

My joke response to a joke response to a joke vote (or however far it went) was thought to be serious. In order to try and show people that I wasn't actually accusing him of being scum without saying "I was kidding. Kidding!" was to continue to be ironic.

Why are you trying to appear to gather information out of a series of irrelevant posts? Are you a cop? Are you scum? Are you a doctor? Are you a townie?

Wait, don't even bother to answer that. I already know what you are. Your secret is safe with me.

This post is wrong on so many levels. From the backtracking, to the critiquing the information gathering, to the strange-assed string of questions, to the OMGUS vote, to the once again failed attempt at being witty, I think this sets some kind of precedent for how not to reply to inquiries.
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:03 am

Post by Matin »

nureins wrote: My theory is that you made a joke vote, that I took the relaxed chance to ask you about "not putting a second vote on someone"...that you answered you didnt want to be "suspicious", and that I agree with ectomance that this is NOTHING and that we are far away from somebody being too suspicious...Just I take notes about all the reactions on this game...as this could be useful later...

precisely, u announced such a fear, and then i stopped thinking too much, as i took it as a townie reaction...
my answer to you was precisely that id like you (and others, all townies) to be so townie and not hidding things all the time...just dont be afraid to expose your thoughts and votes...this can only help scum by putting a nebulose on you...

clearly i dont think u are scum and i dont think ectomancer is scum as he clearly gave no importance to all this stupid issue... (of course, these are pretty vague impressions, but im happy to have a couple of town-soft-impressions to start with...)

is it more clear now ?? ASK if you have any doubt
That was me asking... :)

Thank you for your response, I just had never seen so much thought put into a joke vote before..
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:07 am

Post by Matin »

nhat wrote: This post is wrong on so many levels. From the backtracking, to the critiquing the information gathering, to the strange-assed string of questions, to the OMGUS vote, to the once again failed attempt at being witty, I think this sets some kind of precedent for how not to reply to inquiries.
It's a head scratcher. I'm assuming it's a joke post and she's merely trying to upstage me on the whole suspicious joke post thing..
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:19 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Ectomancer wrote:
The Pope's Tiara wrote:
Matin wrote:
nureins wrote:
matin wrote: cause he voted for the guy I wanted to vote for
I know it is almost a joke, but why didnt you yet vote for the guy you wanted to vote for ? two votes are far from being relevant...
Cause I figured it was a scummy thing to do, beating me to the punch and all..
Are you trying to avoid acting scummy so as not to draw attention to yourself?
Why would a townie be worried?
You find your self stuck to the carcass of what was a joke vote, now pummeled into glue. Lose 1 turn while you get yourself out of it.
My point here is that, while even townies like to get out of the random stage and onto some good bandwagons, TPT is pushing this past its prime (hence the kicking the dead horse reference).
Since then he's come along with post 52, that feels like someone who has garnered more attention than he was after and isn't sure what to do with it.

It's getting time for someone to start squealing anyhow.

vote The Pope's Tiara
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:19 am

Post by nureins »

Matin wrote: It's a head scratcher. I'm assuming it's a joke post and she's merely trying to upstage me on the whole suspicious joke post thing..
Hey Matin, which part is a joke ? (ectomancer, you are welcome to give your opinion on that too...) and of course Ythill and pope are welcome too :)

1. Ythill QUICK vote after saying he doesnt like random-joke votes...
2. pope INSISTING on you so much
3. tpt voting back to Ythill in an OMGUS way
4. They playing to vote each other to DISTANCE in a semi-random phase...

which of them is a joke and which of them is more probable to be true ?

I do not claim none of them is, just asking you which one is more probable...we have to enjoy some adventures in the beginning of the game...if you want my opinion, i especially didnt like 1 and 3. (2 is clearly due to a misunderstanding on Matin's answer and the head scratcher thing...and 4 is ridiculous for what they are playing, haha, i could not believe such stupid play can be preplanned...so 1 and 3...but i have my doubts if one of them is relevant...
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:21 am

Post by nureins »

Oh that was a simulpost, almost, thx Ectomancer for answering about my point :)
so 2...though I was not very focused on 2...
what about 3 then ?? I want to know ur opinion...
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:40 am

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Vote Count

The Pope's Tiara: (4) Goatrevolt, nhat, Ythill, Ectomancer
Ythill: (3) nureins, habitang, The Pope's Tiara
Andycyca: (1) Simenon
Jahudo: (1) Matin
Matin: (1) Cass
Simenon: (1) Andycyca

Not voting: Jahudo
Do you want your possessions identified?
The Pope's Tiara
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:48 am

nhat wrote:
The Pope's Tiara wrote:

This post is wrong on so many levels. From the backtracking, to the critiquing the information gathering, to the strange-assed string of questions, to the OMGUS vote, to the once again failed attempt at being witty, I think this sets some kind of precedent for how not to reply to inquiries.
Backtracking: You know, before you try and troll someone's post it helps if you read the whole thing. Like how the question asked involved a post a page back. Sorry for answering the question

Critiquing: Did you bother to read any of the series replies to the joke votes? That's like if I said, "Hey guys, a man walks into a bar...and says 'Ouch!' :D " And you reply with, "Bar jokes are so passe. Are you trying to make yourself seem innocent by being a bumbling fool? Why not tell a knock-knock joke; they're much more townie-like. [Et cetera]"

Questions: Mock aforementioned serious questioning of less-than-serious posts.

OMGUS: (What does this mean?)

Lack of wittiness: Sorry, no one's on top of their game 24/7. I will concede that it became somewhat bland and unfunny as it went along. If I had the chance to edit into into something a bit more concise and humorous, I would. But I can't. So deal with it.

To be honest, I think if you even bothered to read what I wrote instead of trying to analyze
everything
posted here you might have picked that stuff up. The "I don't like you" vote was a nice touch in showing that there is no real reason to even consider your prattle when making a decision in this thread.
The Pope's Tiara
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:51 am

Oh, P.S.

Unvote, Vote: The Pope's Tiara

I can do this right? Since you all seem to hate me and are obviously so much better at this game then I, you might as well lynch me first.
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:57 am

Post by Matin »

nureins wrote: Hey Matin, which part is a joke ? (ectomancer, you are welcome to give your opinion on that too...) and of course Ythill and pope are welcome too :)

1. Ythill QUICK vote after saying he doesnt like random-joke votes...
2. pope INSISTING on you so much
3. tpt voting back to Ythill in an OMGUS way
4. They playing to vote each other to DISTANCE in a semi-random phase...

which of them is a joke and which of them is more probable to be true ?

I do not claim none of them is, just asking you which one is more probable...we have to enjoy some adventures in the beginning of the game...if you want my opinion, i especially didnt like 1 and 3. (2 is clearly due to a misunderstanding on Matin's answer and the head scratcher thing...and 4 is ridiculous for what they are playing, haha, i could not believe such stupid play can be preplanned...so 1 and 3...but i have my doubts if one of them is relevant...
I can't speak for Pope other then to say the whole post was bizzare and now we have a self vote I see, so I'm not sure what to make of it just yet.

Intially I read the whole thing as newbie like, but I need to meta game a bit to see if Pope really is new to the game.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:00 am

Post by nhat »

The Pope's Tiara wrote:
nhat wrote:
The Pope's Tiara wrote:

Backtracking: You know, before you try and troll someone's post it helps if you read the whole thing. Like how the question asked involved a post a page back. Sorry for answering the question

Critiquing: Did you bother to read any of the series replies to the joke votes? That's like if I said, "Hey guys, a man walks into a bar...and says 'Ouch!' :D " And you reply with, "Bar jokes are so passe. Are you trying to make yourself seem innocent by being a bumbling fool? Why not tell a knock-knock joke; they're much more townie-like. [Et cetera]"

Questions: Mock aforementioned serious questioning of less-than-serious posts.

OMGUS: (What does this mean?)

Lack of wittiness: Sorry, no one's on top of their game 24/7. I will concede that it became somewhat bland and unfunny as it went along. If I had the chance to edit into into something a bit more concise and humorous, I would. But I can't. So deal with it.

To be honest, I think if you even bothered to read what I wrote instead of trying to analyze
everything
posted here you might have picked that stuff up. The "I don't like you" vote was a nice touch in showing that there is no real reason to even consider your prattle when making a decision in this thread.
That's all well and good. So it boils down to your "jokes" flying over our heads at breakneck speeds. Congratulations on you being smarter than me.

Me bandwagoning you at first was to spice things up, but nobody asked you to flake under the heat.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:00 am

Post by nureins »

The Pope's Tiara wrote:Oh, P.S.

I can do this right? Since you all seem to hate me and are obviously so much better at this game then I, you might as well lynch me first.
tpt, this is completely antitown...if you are town, how do u help us this way ? if you are scum, you would deprive us from discussing with a quick lynch. In any case, your vote doesnt help town at all !!!

do not get the comments of other people so personal, nobody is attacking you...

you are risking also a lynch by scum, please reconsider and unvote yourself...

After that of course, Ill consider you a bit suspicious for some of the things around, but not so much to put you at L-1...
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:02 am

Post by nhat »

The Pope's Tiara wrote:Oh, P.S.

I didn't even see this. What are you, 12 years old?
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:04 am

Post by nureins »

Matin wrote: Intially I read the whole thing as newbie like, but I need to meta game a bit to see if Pope really is new to the game.
Good, I expected that of you (Ectomancer, noc noc, you are failing us :P)
If we dont do it quick, that game is gonna explode, so Ill try to follow you and comment back if you want...please try to ask me in a direct way, Im a bit busy these days so clear questions help...
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:09 am

Post by Simenon »

The Pope's Tiara wrote: Why are you trying to appear to gather information out of a series of irrelevant posts?
Gathering information? Unprecedented!

He must be an original role.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:13 am

Post by Simenon »

TPT is town, by the way.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
The Pope's Tiara
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:13 am

Matin wrote: I can't speak for Pope other then to say the whole post was bizzare and now we have a self vote I see, so I'm not sure what to make of it just yet.

Intially I read the whole thing as newbie like, but I need to meta game a bit to see if Pope really is new to the game.
I'll help you out a bit.

Yes, I've played this quite a bit before in real life and in a few small corners of the web.

No, you won't find anything about me as this is a new user name I picked up when joining here so that people couldn't try and meta game me, for a bit at least.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:16 am

Post by nureins »

Jahudo wrote: @nureins, my initial reaction to Ectomancer is that he has seen thing kind of thing in random voting stages before and by joking about it himself does not see any serious harm; that an accuser does not have much to go on and a defender hardly has to defend themselves.

unvote
It seems this random vote is exploding...I want to know your opinions in the 4 points I wrote before (feel free to say all of them are ridiculous, i almost think they are ) and in the following extra two

5. Ectomancer thinks all is a joke but he doesnt understand that tpt might also be joking and casts on him a fourth vote, SUSPICIOUS?

6. I ask u this because you are the only not voting now, and u unvoted ectomancer, so i guess your answer to five is NO (mine is also no) but want to know how you perceive all this struggle...random voting is typically unvoted when u put ur vote on someone else , were u planning to do it ?

you can ask in a very simple way, i know they r too many questions...just a few words saying the ideas are "ridiculous" or "almost impossible" "interesting" "promising" etc would help ...

Might you help us with the tpt metainformation ? that guy put a fifth vote on him !!
The Pope's Tiara
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
The Pope's Tiara
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:18 am

nhat wrote:
That's all well and good. So it boils down to your "jokes" flying over our heads at breakneck speeds. Congratulations on you being smarter than me.

Me bandwagoning you at first was to spice things up, but nobody asked you to flake under the heat.
I wasn't trying to say that at all. I know that it's hard to detect sarcasm when typed (sometimes) and that my posts weren't written by an idiot, just by someone who tends to quick scribble stuff down without thinking. Going back, I could definitely make my posts better.

But honestly you don't need to congratulate me on being smarter than you. Or at least not individually, seeing how most people here fit the bill for that award.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:24 am

Post by Simenon »

Ythill wrote:I don't like the way Pope's #41 completely ignores what's been posted, and assumes Matin's alignment based on a null-tell.

Not a great case, but good enough for my first vote.

Vote: The Pope's Tiara
I think there were plenty of ways of reading post 41, but "seriously" was not one of them.

I also don't like how quickly Ythill backed down from his original position, and yet didn't switch his vote, which would normally indicate a change of mind.

The Ythill bandwagon is a good one.
Unvote
Vote Ythill

TPT: Despite evidence to the contrary, obnoxiousness isn't necessary.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:08 am

Post by Ectomancer »

nureins wrote:
Matin wrote: Intially I read the whole thing as newbie like, but I need to meta game a bit to see if Pope really is new to the game.
Good, I expected that of you
(Ectomancer, noc noc, you are failing us :P)

If we dont do it quick, that game is gonna explode, so Ill try to follow you and comment back if you want...please try to ask me in a direct way, Im a bit busy these days so clear questions help...
I dont think I failed us, as he definitely squealed and we've had reactions to that. The self-vote shows a certain lack of fortitude, but I've not seen where that trait is more prevalent among scum than town.

However, I'm also not certain I am prepared to yield to Simenon's assessment of TPT either.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”