Newbie 2114: Life Imitates Art...in Memes! -- End

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:45 pm

Post by Kanna »

wait pls no, i'm onto something elpis
spirited away thanks for the good memories

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:49 pm

Post by Elpis »

Actually perhaps not...we have a lot of time and want to be certain...sorry, drunk brain isn't thinking enough
“When someone leaves your life, those exits are not made equal. Some are beautiful and poetic and satisfying. Others are abrupt and unfair. But most are just unremarkable, unintentional, clumsy."

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:49 pm

Post by Elpis »

Yeah no worries I wouldn't vote unless you agreed
“When someone leaves your life, those exits are not made equal. Some are beautiful and poetic and satisfying. Others are abrupt and unfair. But most are just unremarkable, unintentional, clumsy."

- Griffin Mcelroy
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:00 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 1774, Kanna wrote: are you scumclaiming? bewo is on e-1 and the game is still ongoing, we would've hammered LONG AGO
unless you're scum toying with me
wait shit it's probably dragon/bewo
lolhammer count: 3
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:01 pm

Post by patchwork »

yeah im just tinfoiling here lmao
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:07 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 1763, Kanna wrote: dragon/patch -- i did think this very likely before, but i don't anymore. since elpis you and i did not hammer bewo on e-1, we are confirmed not to be scum with dragon. bewo is also very unlikely to be scum with dragon due to interactions. in the event dragon is limmed and flips scum, his partner is very obviously patch. so that means the only way a dragon/patch team wins if we lim bewo. HOWEVER seeing how strongly i was pushing for dragon, do they really put all their eggs into 1 basket and bank on me not being able to convince you to vote dragon? that seems like a massive risk and i don't think scum would ever put themselves in that kind of position.
maybe i was thinking too much and this isn't something that people actually plan out during elo? %_%
i think the key might be to solve dragon's slot who i'm willing to consider is town. so maybe we wait for the replacement?

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:09 pm

Post by Kanna »

i am still leaning towards bewo/patch though

bewolkt
bewolkt
Goon
bewolkt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:30 pm

Post by bewolkt »

In post 1763, Kanna wrote: i think i gave bewo too much credit for doing the bare minimum tbh. in general, i am more likely to fos stronger players due to paranoia if people with a low-post playstyle aren't pinging me too much. but that doesn't mean i am more likely to be right that way.
in a vacuum, it's not like bewo has towntold enough that he couldn't be scum

i think yeah, dragon's case was too nitpicky because he was trying too hard to be convincing that it actually made bewo look better, however what dragon did still makes sense as town because he already knew bewo was scum. i would rule this 1v1 out as being particularly conclusive either way.

the scumteams

dragon/patch -- i did think this very likely before, but i don't anymore. since elpis you and i did not hammer bewo on e-1, we are confirmed not to be scum with dragon. bewo is also very unlikely to be scum with dragon due to interactions. in the event dragon is limmed and flips scum, his partner is very obviously patch. so that means the only way a dragon/patch team wins if we lim bewo. HOWEVER seeing how strongly i was pushing for dragon, do they really put all their eggs into 1 basket and bank on me not being able to convince you to vote dragon? that seems like a massive risk and i don't think scum would ever put themselves in that kind of position.

dragon/bewo -- very very unlikely due to interactions. that d1 readlist debacle, dragon's super willingness to lim them at other points during the game, and today's 1v1 are genuine to be staged. if it was, then cool, they deserve the win, but i won't vote them just for to that 1% probability.

patch/bewo -- this is probably what's happening. objectively speaking, these two have contributed the least today and a very likely explanation is that they're scum who are happy with the way town is eating itself. this is also really pingy
In post 1549, bewolkt wrote: Would you guys be willing to vote Dragon? I also feel quite unsure of any solve but out of all possible scumpairs that I’m considering Dragon is in most of them
In post 1562, patchwork wrote: Can we vote Kanna they’re more influency
in both cases, dragon and i presented our scumteams and said that we'd be fine voting for either. in a patch/bewo world, i can definitely see these quotes being a way to subtly push the vote onto a townie instead of their partner for a faster win. the reasons themselves are very vague -- bewo's being "most of my teams have dragon in them" but they haven't expressed any of their teams/thought process so this could just be an excuse. patch's reason is also sort of a cop-out reason i can see being an excuse. lastly, i feel like patch bussing bewo here seems to be the kind of move scum would make to make them seem unaligned. it's a good move and it makes sense.
why not? Please I have already said that if you need more info from me you can ask me. I want to engage and to convince you

I would say you should not make reads based on activity because that's basically what Dragon wanted to do when he shifted to do a push on me mostly but also on Elpis at some point. I didn't make a big case to convince you about Dragon because I am busy and you already went through it at the beginning of D3, so I thought it was not necessary but I can do it if you feel you need it.

Regarding why I wanted to go for Dragon: I think I already said that I didn't think Kanna/Patch and Elpis/Patch were possible scumpairs but I thought it was possible that Dragon was scum with every other player and also I thought a Kanna/Elpis pair was a possibility, so I preferred to go for Dragon not really because I believed in your solve, but because I thought he was most likely scum. It's not that I believed in your solve at the moment (because I thought it was quite possible you and dragon were together) but that it was really what I would have voted at that stage. I also thought it was good to test the reactions of the other players to a possible Dragon push so I made the question. Then Elpis was the only one to show true willingness to vote for Dragon, so that made him less likely to be paired with him to me. But then the whole change from Dragon came and everything opened.

And yes I am sure now that it's a Patch/Dragon team so I would vote whoever of them you want me to vote
bewolkt
bewolkt
Goon
bewolkt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:51 pm

Post by bewolkt »

Why do you think Dragon made such an effort to convince you if he thought you were scum? His solve on wasn't that *I* was scum, but that 100% sure *you and I* were scum together. I was much more reluctant with him because I thought his defense of Patch was ridiculous so then he went for me anyway. He knew he just needed one more lim so he kept his options open with both of you and Elpis.

He also wasn't town for not waiting for your reaction before putting a potentially game-ending vote on me. If he had been town he would have waited to be sure because if he had been wrong, scum would have eliminated me, but he knew that wasn't happening
bewolkt
bewolkt
Goon
bewolkt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:51 pm

Post by bewolkt »

Also, can someone explain to me what happened for Dragon to ask for a replacement? Honest question
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:34 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 1783, bewolkt wrote:
why not? Please I have already said that if you need more info from me you can ask me. I want to engage and to convince you

I would say you should not make reads based on activity because that's basically what Dragon wanted to do when he shifted to do a push on me mostly but also on Elpis at some point. I didn't make a big case to convince you about Dragon because I am busy and you already went through it at the beginning of D3, so I thought it was not necessary but I can do it if you feel you need it.

Regarding why I wanted to go for Dragon: I think I already said that I didn't think Kanna/Patch and Elpis/Patch were possible scumpairs but I thought it was possible that Dragon was scum with every other player and also I thought a Kanna/Elpis pair was a possibility, so I preferred to go for Dragon not really because I believed in your solve, but because I thought he was most likely scum. It's not that I believed in your solve at the moment (because I thought it was quite possible you and dragon were together) but that it was really what I would have voted at that stage. I also thought it was good to test the reactions of the other players to a possible Dragon push so I made the question. Then Elpis was the only one to show true willingness to vote for Dragon, so that made him less likely to be paired with him to me. But then the whole change from Dragon came and everything opened.

And yes I am sure now that it's a Patch/Dragon team so I would vote whoever of them you want me to vote
do you think you have? but sure, i'm open to talk.

can i ask why you didn't think patch/elpis was likely? and can you expand on why you thought dragon was most likely scum? iirc, you came into the day thinking it was me/patch

and ok cool. i was tentatively thinking limming patch might be the move today because i'm having trouble being able to tell who's town between you/dragon but i don't think you can be scum together -- your interactions were too genuine. so that makes patch lockscum fmpov. i'm not planning on doing this just yet though, it's just an idea.

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:42 pm

Post by Kanna »

i don't think i need a case from you btw, just like dragon, it'll come from a place where you supposedly 100% know someone's scum and it'll be super biasy. and i am aware of most of the things dragon has done. it is true dragon has done a bunch of questionable things (rushing the vote, being so sure on it, the patch read) etc but stepping back, i don't know if i can say for certain those come from scum #_#

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:42 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 1785, bewolkt wrote: Also, can someone explain to me what happened for Dragon to ask for a replacement? Honest question
we shouldn't talk about it. for the sake of the game, he's just gone

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:19 am

Post by Kanna »

In post 1786, Kanna wrote: can i ask why you didn't think patch/elpis was likely? and can you expand on why you thought dragon was most likely scum? iirc, you came into the day thinking it was me/patch
sorry, i guess you must've changed your mind about me/patch after seeing my post, but you thought patch was very suspicious from yesterday's events no? why is dragon scummier?

bewolkt
bewolkt
Goon
bewolkt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:29 am

Post by bewolkt »

In post 1786, Kanna wrote:
In post 1783, bewolkt wrote:

do you think you have?
but sure, i'm open to talk.

can i ask why you didn't think patch/elpis was likely? and can you expand on why you thought dragon was most likely scum? iirc, you came into the day thinking it was me/patch

and ok cool. i was tentatively thinking limming patch might be the move today because i'm having trouble being able to tell who's town between you/dragon but i don't think you can be scum together -- your interactions were too genuine. so that makes patch lockscum fmpov. i'm not planning on doing this just yet though, it's just an idea.
I think I have?
In post 1645, bewolkt wrote: If anyone wants more info from me they can ask
In post 1678, bewolkt wrote: But if anyone wants me to address anything I can do it tomorrow
In post 1711, bewolkt wrote: But please, if any of Kanna, Elpis think they need more info from me, please ask away
Regarding the other points: I thought Elpis/Patch was not likely because when you were offering Elpis the Dragon/Patch solution, he wanted to go for Patch more than for Dragon, which made me think that if he was aligned with any of them it was Dragon.

Why I thought Dragon was the most likely scum: out of all the possibilities I was considering Dragon was in 3/4 (a bit the same that you were doing before with Dragon/Patch/me):
- Kanna/Elpis
- Dragon/Elpis
- Dragon/Patch
- Dragon/Kanna
That's what I meant with that out of all my possible solves Dragon was in most of them
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:21 am

Post by Kanna »

misunderstanding sorry -- i meant do you think you've towntold enough that you can't be scum? because i don't think so. although tbf i don't think everyone does that in every towngame they play.

i see, thanks for that. i'll think bout things and let you know if i need more from you. please can you actually vote patch though

fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:16 am

Post by fferyllt »

Malakittens replaces DragonEater70. Please welcome her!

New deadline is Monday, March 27, 3 PM Eastern Time

Countdown: (expired on 2023-03-28 12:00:00)
Last edited by fferyllt on Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:13 am

Post by patchwork »

hi malakirrwna
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:13 am

Post by patchwork »

did nto type that right
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:11 am

Post by patchwork »

ill be so fucked up if its bewo/dragon like goddamn
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:37 am

Post by Elpis »

In post 1791, Kanna wrote: misunderstanding sorry -- i meant do you think you've towntold enough that you can't be scum? because i don't think so. although tbf i don't think everyone does that in every towngame they play.

i see, thanks for that. i'll think bout things and let you know if i need more from you. please can you actually vote patch though
Wait...now? Are you saying you want to vote patch currently?

- Griffin Mcelroy
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:59 am

Post by Kanna »

In post 1796, Elpis wrote:
In post 1791, Kanna wrote: misunderstanding sorry -- i meant do you think you've towntold enough that you can't be scum? because i don't think so. although tbf i don't think everyone does that in every towngame they play.

Wait...now? Are you saying you want to vote patch currently?
no, i won't vote. i just want bewo to vote patch. doesn't hurt, right?

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:03 am

Post by Kanna »

elpis, i will also not vote unless we've discussed things! and i will always declare "intent" if i ever want to vote

hi mala! 70 pages is a lot to catch up on... how will we do this?

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:32 am

Post by Malakittens »

Hi

I just want to say I’m town

I’m also kinda Mia today as it’s my day off and I’m taking it easy

I’ll be catching up tmrw tho!!
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:28 am

Post by Elpis »

In post 1798, Kanna wrote: elpis, i will also not vote unless we've discussed things! and i will always declare "intent" if i ever want to vote

hi mala! 70 pages is a lot to catch up on... how will we do this?
Okay, sounds good

- Griffin Mcelroy

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”