TM 2023 | Masterchef MafiaScum (Game over)

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

TM 2023 | Masterchef MafiaScum (Game over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:56 am

Post by lilith2013 »

M
ASTERCHEF
M
AFIA
S
CUM

A TEAM MAFIA MICRO THEME BROUGHT TO YOU BY LILITH
Reviewed by SirCakez and Something_Smart

P
LAYER
L
IST:
  1. Morning Tweet
    Aristeia
    (Frog Friends)
  2. Aureal (Good in Plaid)
  3. biancospino (Pork Eaters)
  4. Dessew (Ghosts of NKs)
  5. furtiveglance (Shadow Syndicate)
  6. Doctor Drew
    KawaiiKame
    (Whimsical Activities)
  7. Korina (Studies Show)
  8. McMenno (We Don’t Mafia)
  9. NorwegianboyEE (Perfectly Balanced)
* prodded. ; separation of day phases.

A
LIVE AND
W
ELL

Spoiler:
Morning Tweet
Aureal
Dessew
furtiveglance
Doctor Drew
McMenno

D
EAD AND
G
ONE

E
VENTS:

Surprise delivery! | Day 1 begins | Doctor Drew replaces KawaiiKame | Morning Tweet replaces Aristeia | Day 1 ends | Day 2 begins | Day 2 ends | Game over
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:01 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Game Rules

adapted from Micc/northsidegal/Plotinus

General Rules/Game Etiquette
  1. Obey all site-wide rules as well as the Team Mafia rules below.
  2. As per the updated rule on private communications, you may not quote private communication of any kind into game threads, including from one game-related thread to another, or otherwise attempt to prove that a private communication exists. This includes moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. You may paraphrase content as long as you do not attempt to prove that the original communication is real.
    You may not copy & paste from your team PT/Discord.

3. There is to be NO personal communication outside of game-related threads and your team PT/Discord. You may not discuss this game outside of game-related threads created by me, the official PT created for your team for this event, or the Discord server you shared with the mod team for this event. You may not discuss any other ongoing games in this thread.
  4. Do not post in any game threads following your death.
  5. Abusive or toxic behavior will not be tolerated. Personal attacks are not allowed. I have a lower tolerance than most and may give warnings or force replace players for abusive/toxic behavior at my discretion.
  6. Breaking rules or pretending to break rules will result in moderator action.
Deadlines
  1. Deadlines are 10 days for Day phases and 2 days for Night phases.
  2. Deadline extensions are given only in extreme circumstances.
Voting
  1. This game uses
    simple majority eliminations
  2. If at any time before the Day deadline, a simple majority of all living players are voting the same player slot, an elimination will occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down).
  3. If at any time before the Day deadline, at least 50% of all living players are voting for No Elimination, the Day will end with no elimination.
  4. If no one has reached a simple majority of votes by the deadline, the Day will end with no elimination.
  5. Once an elimination has been reached, votes and unvotes will no longer be counted. Players may still post in the game thread until the thread is locked.
  6. Votes must be bolded or use the [ vote] tags to be counted (e.g.
    Vote: Player
    or VOTE: Player). Vote tags are highly preferred.
  7. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
  8. Spelling does not count; votes made using nicknames or abbreviations will be counted at my discretion. Fake vote gambits should be executed at your own peril. If I think it's a vote, then it's a vote.
  9. Votes in spoilers will not be counted.
Activity
  1. Prods of missing players will be issued after 48 hours of Day inactivity.
  2. A prodded player has 24 hours of Day phase to respond to the prod, after which time they will be force replaced.
  3. Teams are responsible for finding their own replacements.
Moderator Information
  1. My color is
    #551A8B
    . Please do not use these colors or similar purples.
  2. I will not respond to questions in-thread. You may contact me privately if you have questions about the game or setup, and if I deem necessary I may make a public post about it.
  3. If you have concerns about another player breaking rules, you should not discuss this publicly. You may contact me privately.
  4. Any situation not explicitly covered by these rules is subject to moderator discretion and will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:01 am

Post by lilith2013 »

TEAM MAFIA 2023 GAMEPLAY RULESET

ALL SITE RULES, INCLUDING THOSE PROHIBITING TALKING ABOUT NON TEAM MAFIA GAMES, STILL APPLY.

I reserve the right to append these rules should it become necessary. If this happens, all players will be notified
If you have any doubt about whether something is against the rules or not, pm me, and ask.

Team Communication

1. Each team will be provided a Private Topic (PT).
2. Each team will be provided a Discord Channel (DC).
3. Players may copy and paste whatever they want into their PT/DC.
They may not copy and paste text OUT of their PT/DC into game threads.

4. Players may continue to communicate with their team after in-game death in their provided PT/DC.
5. There are no restrictions for what players can post in their PT/DC's outside of not breaking site rules.

6. Team PT/DC's will only be made public after the game if all players on the team consent to their release.
7. All Game PT's including all scum PT's will automatically be released after Team Mafia.

8. There will not be Spectator/Dead PT's.
9. You will convey your role and alignment to your teammates.
9a. You will be aware of the roles and alignments of your teammates.
10. You will convey all moderator-given information to your teammates (ex. cop results)

Talking About Other Games

1. There are no restrictions for what players can post in their PT/DC's outside of not breaking site rules. The rules for this section refer to what players can talk about in their ongoing games and ongoing game PT's.
2. Players are only allowed to talk about mod-confirmed things from other ongoing Team Mafia games.

Examples of things that ARE allowed
  • Stating who is on what team.
  • Stating what Day or Night another game is in.
  • Stating how many players are left alive on a team.
  • Stating how many town or scum are alive in another game.
  • Stating whether a dead player in another game has flipped town or scum.

3. Any public speculation about other ongoing games is prohibited.
4. Any attempt to publically signal players from other ongoing games, pass messages to players from other games, or otherwise communicate through the use of cryptography is prohibited.
5. Do not try to loophole these rules. If anyone has questions at any point about what is allowed or not allowed please message a Team Mafia Mod.
6. To repeat: If you have any doubt about whether something is against the rules or not, PM me, and ask.

Your Teammates are Always Innocent Until Proven Guilty

1. You may at no time say, indicate, insinuate, etc. in a game or game-related PT that your Team Mafia teammates are or might be anything other than town.
2. Exception: You may talk about your teammates being scum if they have flipped scum in another game (i.e. are dead).
3. If a player is NOT on your team and is still alive in another game, you must follow the rules in the Talking About Other Games thread.

Replacements

1. It is your job to replace team members who are not active. You are allowed to ask anyone who has not previously been involved in this event. We have a list of people in this thread who have already signaled a willingness to replace in, if you cannot find someone. If you (the team) do not find a replacement in either of these two ways and I have to do it for you, there will be a tiebreak penalty.
2. To replace a team member, you must PM Untrod Tripod AND the moderator of your game. We have a list of replacements that you will be able to choose from.
3. You may replace with anyone who is not currently on a Team Mafia team, has not previously been on a different Team Mafia team, is and has not been part of the Team Mafia Organizing team (Moderators, Balance-checkers, players in tiebreak game), and is eligible to play in mafia games. However, only 4 people may be involved in the PT at any time. A replaced team member may not participate in any way unless they are replaced back in.
4. The mod will force replace any player who has not posted within 3 days (Prodded after 48 hours, no response for 24 more) of their last post (not including Night). This will come at a penalty to the team.
5. If a player must be replaced due to mod errors or another outside influence (such as gaining information that they should not be able to have), the mods may assist in finding a replacement without assessing a penalty.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:59 am

Post by lilith2013 »

SetupEach player starts with a dish name (their flavor name), a simplified recipe for that dish, and some ingredients (which may or may not overlap with the recipe, but will never be the entire recipe). Nightkills are replaced by "redistribution," which moves around ingredients to/from players. Players are removed from the game if, at the end of a Night phase, they have completed their recipe and can make their dish using the ingredients in their possession. The ingredients that fulfilled their recipe are removed from the game, while any extra ingredients in their possession are put into the Shelf. Players can also be removed from the game by normal elimination process during Day phases. Ingredients of eliminated players will end up in the Shelf.

Additionally:
  • Players will be notified of their current ingredient inventory at the start of each Day phase.
  • Daytalk is enabled in all threads.
  • Mafia factional abilities are multi-tasking.
Sample role pmWelcome to Masterchef MafiaScum! Today's challenge works a little differently than our usual Team Challenges on Masterchef - your challenge is to be the last team standing, which requires you to be the last team to complete your recipes.

You will be removed from the game if your recipe is complete at the end of a Night phase. Your recipe is complete when you have in your possession all of the ingredients needed in your recipe.

Your recipe is
Ice Water
and you are
Town.

Recipe: Water

You start with the following ingredients in your inventory: None

During Day phases, you have the power of your vote. Majority votes from the challenge participants can remove a contestant from the challenge regardless of whether their recipe has been completed.

You have no additional abilities.

You win when your team is the only team remaining in the challenge.

The game thread is here.

Good luck to all our contestants today!

Please confirm you have read this role PM and the rules by PMing me your current inventory and rule #3 from the Team Mafia gameplay ruleset.

list of ingredients in the game Beef
Butter
Cheese
Egg
Fish
Flour
Milk
Onion
Pork
Shrimp
Stock
Tomato
Water
Wine
Yeast

FAQ
Is it possible to have more than one of the same ingredient? Do they count as separate ingredients?

Yes and yes.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:00 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Role PMs have been distributed. Game will start once all players have confirmed.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:11 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Note: It is not necessary to read flavor text
(formatted in plain text)
as flavor will not impact the game. You only need to read what is in my mod color (this purple).

Please also note that I will not answer questions publicly. If you have a question about the rules or a setup clarification, please send it to me privately. I may publicly answer the question if I deem necessary to clear up confusion.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:12 am

Post by lilith2013 »

On this special episode of Masterchef MafiaScum, our very own MafiaScum members will participate in a challenge none of them expected - to be the
last team
to complete their dishes. A twist on the classic format which will test their mettle like nothing we've seen before in the Masterchef kitchen. Teams will be given ingredients to start off and must try their hardest
not
to complete their recipes. It's no holds barred in the kitchen today, so we're expecting sabotage from every angle. Contestants can also vote each other out of the challenge! We might see some
Big Brother
-esque alliances today as contestants work together to vote others out.. only to turn around and vote out their previous allies!

Here's Masterchef judge and world-famous chef Borden Tansy, with a special guest judge, Calvin Song. Borden and Calvin are known for their harsh critique, often to the point of bringing contestants to tears, and that's exactly why they're the perfect judges for this challenge. These two judges will be walking around the kitchen today, observing and critiquing the contestants' cooking techniques and skills throughout the challenge. Contestants might be tempted to finish their recipes if they can't handle the heat!

What's more, every contestant will be receiving a random recipe and random inventory of ingredients in the Mystery Box in front of them! That's right, it's also a
Mystery Box Challenge
!

Let's take a look at the MafiaScum contestants who have just taken their first look at their Mystery Boxes..

Aristeia, from the town of Frog Friends! She's wearing her trademark enamel frog pin..

Aureal, from the town of We Look Good in Plaid! As expected, wearing plaid..

biancospino, from the town of Pork Eaters! Bianco's specialty is anything related to pork, so he's probably hoping his recipe involves bacon!

Dessew, from Ghosts of NKs Past! Their cooking might be a little rusty..

furtiveglance, of Shadow Syndicate! Sounds like one of those types who likes to only use food of one color, black..

KawaiiKame, of Whimsical Activities, who has shown up to today's taping on a unicycle..

Korina, from Studies Show.... And our studies show that they're in it to win it!

McMenno, from We Don't Mafia, but let's hope they do cook!

NorwegianboyEE, from the town of Perfectly Balanced Team with no exploits, known for his perfectly balanced knife!

Good luck to each of our contestants today as they battle it out in the kitchen to be the last team standing.

And the clock starts...
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:12 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Wait a minute! Our judge Borden Tansy has paused the countdown. There's
another twist!

"We've just received a surprise delivery of ingredients, and we can't let this food go to waste. Please check your Mystery Boxes again to see if you've ended up with one of these extra ingredients."

"Okay, the clock is starting in three.. two.. one.. Go!"
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:15 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Day 1 starts now, and ends in (expired on 2023-04-25 18:20:00).
V
OTECOUNT
S
HELF:
E
LIMINATION
V
OTES
P
LAYER
N
AME
C
URRENT
V
OTES
Aristeia (0)
None
Aureal (0)
None
biancospino (0)
None
Dessew (0)
None
furtiveglance (0)
None
KawaiiKame (0)
None
Korina (0)
None
McMenno (0)
None
NorwegianboyEE (0)
None
NOT VOTING:
Aristeia, Aureal, biancospino, Dessew, furtiveglance, KawaiiKame, Korina, McMenno, NorwegianboyEE
With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.
Deadline: (expired on 2023-04-25 18:20:00)
Notes:
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:22 am

Post by lilith2013 »

I have added an FAQ section to the setup post where I will compile my public clarifications, and added the following:

Is it possible to have more than one of the same ingredient? Do they count as separate ingredients?
Yes and yes.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:26 am

Post by biancospino »

VOTE: Norwe

Hey, is bringing equipment from home even allowed? Production, sequester his knife!
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:28 am

Post by Aureal »

This game both confuses me and makes me hungry. Can't I just eat my ingredients? VOTE: lilith2013 until she lets me eat my ingredients. :(
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:38 am

Post by Korina »

VOTE: Dessew

Can’t be nk’d if your dead
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:42 am

Post by Aristeia »

Hi Bianco Hi Aureal Hi Korina!

I hope this game will be fun :)

VOTE: Korina

Spoiler: Random Anime Song
You are always gonna be my love
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:22 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Hi everyone. I hope Borden's in a good mood today
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:16 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 10, biancospino wrote: VOTE: Norwe

Hey, is bringing equipment from home even allowed? Production, sequester his knife!
All the better to stab you with my dear~

My knife is purely for culinary purposes. Have you seen me chop onions? CHOP CHOP CHOP! Off they go the tray right into the family recipe spaghetti! Scum? CHOP CHOP CHOP, off their heads go into the bin of crushed dreams!
There will be no half-measures, no badly done meals y’all present to your stoner friends at dinner parties.
THIS IS MASTER CHEF!
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:12 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Scanning for alignments...no AI content detected.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:24 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

VOTE: Furtiveglance
Is this alignment indicative enough for you.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:26 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 17, NorwegianboyEE wrote: VOTE: Furtiveglance
Better yeah
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:13 am

Post by Aureal »

Lively bunch we've got here. Is the fish and shrimp still alive? Maybe throwing live seafood around would help generate some activity?
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:37 am

Post by biancospino »

:fish: :shrimp:
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:33 am

Post by Aristeia »

:yawn:
You are always gonna be my love
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:54 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Y'all are being boring, who wants to wagon a random slot with me, the most trustworthy of players in existence.

- Bunno
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:55 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 16, furtiveglance wrote: Scanning for alignments...no AI content detected.
In post 18, furtiveglance wrote:
Better yeah
Dunno, let's feebly fling some spaghetti at the wall, maybe that'll help.
What about these posts? The did come in very quick succession which is a bit odd given the rhytm of the game
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:56 am

Post by biancospino »

Lol, I got sniped while posting