Newbie 2126: Art [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:25 am

Post by Alianna »

In post 1265, Alianna wrote: Also, Dragon, what do you think of the fact that Alisae said they would jail me in the event that Smiley flipped red and then they died?
I think it's interesting that Dragon still hasn't answered this despite having come online again before EoD yesterday, and that I also had to poke Wayward into talking about it despite the fact that he was in the game when it happened and he had been talking about other mech stuff.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 24
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:15 am

Post by Aisa »

Votecount 5.01

Not Voting (4):
skitter30, Eiralox, Alianna, DragonEater70

With 4 players alive, it takes 3 to eliminate someone. It takes 2 to end the day with no elimination.

Day 5 ends in (expired on 2023-08-06 22:30:00).
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:46 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1317, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 1315, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1304, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 1300, skitter30 wrote: i don't know why i'm not dead ..
My immediate reaction is someone thought that if they killed you, they would be the automatic lim? Ummm give me a bit, I wanna think this through.
i'm worried that it's you/eiralox leaving me alive to misflip alianna for you
I do believe I might do that if I were scum, I mean it would make sense.
But it's also exactly why I suspected Eiralox, because they have the same motivationto do it.

Honestly though the more I think about it the more it feels like a WIFOM situation so I think it's best to try and get reads based on content rather than NK analysis.
And I'll ashamedly admit I haven't than that Eoralox ISO yet. I think I have a few minutes now so let me at least start.
i think nobody dying is a v key and important piece of information, i can't just ignore that
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:47 am

Post by skitter30 »

yeah i'm a little confused why dragon is going for eiralax here, like if he's scum who does he think the other two voters are
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:47 am

Post by skitter30 »

but also like ... i feel like i'm alive to mislim alianna >.>
Show
Hiatus once more.

Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:53 am

Post by Alianna »

In post 1329, skitter30 wrote: but also like ... i feel like i'm alive to mislim alianna >.>
You probably are from my POV (though Eiralox wanted to vote me as well, you've just been the main proponent of the wagon), which then raises the question of why they didn't kill someone else instead. I have not yet come to a conclusion on that.
I townread Alianna.

Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:33 pm

Post by Eiralox »

Skitter: Alianna might convince Eira but was probably the best move

Eira: Alianna might convince skitter

No Kill: I was going to reread i hope but still fullsteam scumread Ali i think before Dragon barreled into me so this strat had merit

Alianna: I mean c'mon. Only makes this kill for chaos element

Idk i think this is where my mind drifted to in regards to the no kill. Eira votes Ali and says Ali is gonna no kill so sure why not?
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:10 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 1331, Eiralox wrote: Skitter: Alianna might convince Eira but was probably the best move

Eira: Alianna might convince skitter

No Kill: I was going to reread i hope but still fullsteam scumread Ali i think before Dragon barreled into me so this strat had merit

Alianna: I mean c'mon. Only makes this kill for chaos element

Idk i think this is where my mind drifted to in regards to the no kill. Eira votes Ali and says Ali is gonna no kill so sure why not?
This is from Dragon's POV?
I townread Alianna.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:12 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i'm getting kinda close to just going with the jk clear and voting dragon tbh
Show
Hiatus once more.

Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:16 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 1333, skitter30 wrote: i'm getting kinda close to just going with the jk clear and voting dragon tbh
And that's why I left you alive!
I townread Alianna.

Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:32 pm

Post by Alianna »

I do think there's some chance it's Eira, but like you said, it's those little things that look town. Fingers crossed.

VOTE: DragonEater70
I townread Alianna.

DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:51 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1323, Alianna wrote:
In post 1305, DragonEater70 wrote: Okay so upon some thinking, I believe the no kill means the scum is actually Eiralox. Let me explain:

Alianna explained why scum!her would shoot Eiralox, and I believe her (even though I actually expected scum!Ali to shoot Skitter and then she'd have 2 people to reason with).

Scum!me would shoot Eiralox after seeing that Skitter was willing to lim Alianna. Or I might've shot Skitter and explained why it would make sense for scum!Alianna to do it. I don't think I am good enough yet at playing scum to do it but I might have tried if I were scum.

Scum!Skitter (which is very unlikely) would have shot Eiralox, knowing that both scum!me and scum!Alianna would do it and guaranteeing a 1v1 between us.

But Eiralox on the other hand - shooting Skitter meant that the wagon on Alianna lost momentum, and shooting either me or Alianna would be a weird WIFOM move that would force everyone to reevaluate their reads - which is not something scum!Eiralox wants because they are generally being TR'd right now. Also, They have the perfect motivation to no kill so they can just continue the push on Alianna.

VOTE: Eiralox
This doesn't really feel like a scum vote, I would expect scum!you to play it straight and vote me because it looked yesterday like there would be support for it. I can see it if you want to create WIFOM, though, or if you're worried about suspicion shifting off me and you want to make sure there's another viable target. Hmm.
I didn't understand the part about WIFOM? Like how is voting Eiralox WIFOM in any way?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:53 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1324, Alianna wrote:
In post 1306, Eiralox wrote: Please tell me why I come into the thread like a mad professor with twelve minutes on the clock to make a futile vote on Alianna and announce to everyone that I am in fact not going to kill anyone tonight after all. When I have everything to gain from killing either you or skitter as scum.

I have only one completed game as scum here across alts discounting two where I replaced in and flaked and I'm always amazed at how careless people assume I'll play as scum, not that I really found informed manipulation to my tastes.

If I were scum we wouldn't have reached night phase I feel I'd have agreed with skitter wholly on alianna and slowly and subtly pressured you into joining us by making short but sharp cases to do with tone, by falling back on merlyn's end day one gut call, by spamming posts that I can frame as Alianna being in a pt and being informed due to seemingly not needing that much effort to rezchreads here.

I've done some of it already but as town so....

Your vote is brave, to say the least. I'll still assume you're town.
This does make sense. Scum!you would have had a decent chance of winning it yesterday if you did that, or you could have shifted onto absentee!Wayward and tried to convince skitter, so why didn't you do any of that and hold off on voting until the last minute?
I think I could apply this to Dragon too to some extent. Maybe less though because Wayward wasn't around and Dragon only had a couple of days.
I mean I definitely had time to push a lim on you if I wanted, but I needed to form real reads which is a lot harder.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:56 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Btw I did finally do that ISO, then in the middle of it went into Alianna ISO because of something that interested me there, and my conclusion is that Alianna is ever so slightly closer to her town meta than her scum meta, + she's apparently a JK clear. OTOH Eiralox does have some townie posts but I felt their ISO of my slot was very easy to fake as scum. So I really think it is Eiralox.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:57 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:59 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1335, Alianna wrote: I do think there's some chance it's Eira, but like you said, it's those little things that look town. Fingers crossed.

Can you please tell me in what world does scum!me open the day by voting for Eiralox? Or no kills, for that matter? It doesn't take a genius to realize that Skitter's death would lead to your elimination.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:00 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

EBWOP: From the POV of scum!me.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:27 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 1338, DragonEater70 wrote: their ISO of my slot was very easy to fake as scum.
I don't think I've even reached past the halfpoint of day one on holdsteady alone yet but I might continue the saga if I have time.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:48 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1340, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 1335, Alianna wrote: I do think there's some chance it's Eira, but like you said, it's those little things that look town. Fingers crossed.

Can you please tell me in what world does scum!me open the day by voting for Eiralox? Or no kills, for that matter? It doesn't take a genius to realize that Skitter's death would lead to your elimination.
Why would my death lead to her flip
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:50 am

Post by skitter30 »

I would think the opposite - i'm the only person pushing her so if i'm alive she's an option
Show
Hiatus once more.

Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:23 am

Post by Alianna »

In post 1336, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 1305, DragonEater70 wrote: Okay so upon some thinking, I believe the no kill means the scum is actually Eiralox. Let me explain:

Alianna explained why scum!her would shoot Eiralox, and I believe her (even though I actually expected scum!Ali to shoot Skitter and then she'd have 2 people to reason with).

Scum!me would shoot Eiralox after seeing that Skitter was willing to lim Alianna. Or I might've shot Skitter and explained why it would make sense for scum!Alianna to do it. I don't think I am good enough yet at playing scum to do it but I might have tried if I were scum.

Scum!Skitter (which is very unlikely) would have shot Eiralox, knowing that both scum!me and scum!Alianna would do it and guaranteeing a 1v1 between us.

But Eiralox on the other hand - shooting Skitter meant that the wagon on Alianna lost momentum, and shooting either me or Alianna would be a weird WIFOM move that would force everyone to reevaluate their reads - which is not something scum!Eiralox wants because they are generally being TR'd right now. Also, They have the perfect motivation to no kill so they can just continue the push on Alianna.

This doesn't really feel like a scum vote, I would expect scum!you to play it straight and vote me because it looked yesterday like there would be support for it. I can see it if you want to create WIFOM, though, or if you're worried about suspicion shifting off me and you want to make sure there's another viable target. Hmm.
I didn't understand the part about WIFOM? Like how is voting Eiralox WIFOM in any way?
Because I'm paranoid and I can get into a WIFOM spiral over anything. I forget the thought progression for that one.
I townread Alianna.

Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:36 am

Post by Alianna »

I'm not sure about the vote, maybe so you can make this exact statement, but I don't see how skitter's death leads to my elimination. You even said earlier that it would make my wagon lose momentum, and I see no reason that would be different for you and Eiralox.
I townread Alianna.

DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:00 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1343, skitter30 wrote:

Why would my death lead to her flip
In post 1344, skitter30 wrote: I would think the opposite - i'm the only person pushing her so if i'm alive she's an option

Okay what I meant was, from a scum!Dragon POV your death would lead to her flip. Eiralox voted her yesterday, scum!Dragon would simply say "huh, she killed the person pushing her to get more breathing room so she's scum" and voila.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:01 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1345, Alianna wrote:
In post 1336, DragonEater70 wrote:

Because I'm paranoid and I can get into a WIFOM spiral over anything. I forget the thought progression for that one.
I see. Did you check out my completed scum game? Or better yet, did you compare my play this game with my play as traitor lover in WDM?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:02 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1346, Alianna wrote:

I'm not sure about the vote, maybe so you can make this exact statement, but I don't see how skitter's death leads to my elimination. You even said earlier that it would make my wagon lose momentum, and I see no reason that would be different for you and Eiralox.

I tried to explain it now in

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”