Shell Game (Day 3)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:39 pm

Post by Sunflower »

In post 1223, Brian Skies wrote: Is there anything noteworthy in the neighborhood that doesn't have to do with neighborhood mechanics or roles?
not really i think. marci's mindset generally tracks with outside the thread, and STD shows what feels like a towny one to me

marci put me and klick and herself in the mean girls car which made me laugh. pretty noteworthy

:blossom:
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:51 pm

Post by Sunflower »

as for main thread, crab and oblivion probably the biggest winners from this for me. both feel solidly town

dunnstral also i think felt pretty towny to me in his reactions to all this

pooky feels pretty on his own and i think the frustration over wasting thread space feels towny. a lot of the stuff with oblivion i think is pretty nai although i think sitting down and trying to sort things out was pro-town

spiffeh i think has been scummy

morph im not really at all sold on but if they're right on spiffeh then they're probably town i guess idk

luke i don't think has been exceptionally towny but i think it feels like he is trying to figure things out and approaching with curiosity rather than wanting to control things and that's enough for a townlean

firebringer posts have made very little effect on me and im not sure what that means for his alignment

morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:55 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1226, Sunflower wrote: as for main thread, crab and oblivion probably the biggest winners from this for me. both feel solidly town

dunnstral also i think felt pretty towny to me in his reactions to all this

pooky feels pretty on his own and i think the frustration over wasting thread space feels towny. a lot of the stuff with oblivion i think is pretty nai although i think sitting down and trying to sort things out was pro-town

spiffeh i think has been scummy

morph im not really at all sold on but if they're right on spiffeh then they're probably town i guess idk

luke i don't think has been exceptionally towny but i think it feels like he is trying to figure things out and approaching with curiosity rather than wanting to control things and that's enough for a townlean

firebringer posts have made very little effect on me and im not sure what that means for his alignment

Tell us more.
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:56 pm

Post by Sunflower »

i also would just like to state for the record that given the theme of this game i do not trust that we can predict how things are going to play out mechanically and i also think feels like a very forced read on things and potentially an agenda'd push to downplay concerns about the shell game aspect

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:58 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 1215, Sunflower wrote: AD i am like a little wary that his signaling to me/townreading to me was strange given his apparent mindset that scum would also be informed.
I'd be interested in hearing from Dan about this but from everything else you've described, I'm not sure scum would be the first one to propose that everyone has the same role
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:59 pm

Post by Sunflower »

In post 1227, morph the cat wrote: Tell us more.
i had the same read on the cred trade AD post which like mildly annoyed me lol

i think in general it felt like he was trying to insert himself into the conversation and have reactions to the things that were happening but it didn't feel like a natural town approach

i do not think i have more detailed analysis at this time it's kind of a vibe thing

morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:02 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1226, Sunflower wrote:morph im not really at all sold on but if they're right on spiffeh then they're probably town i guess idk
So you mind meld with our spiffeh take, but we're town only if it's a correct take? Nothing else coming from our slot has been indicative one direction or the other?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:05 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

morph you know what would really annoy me

is if this game wasnt a dethy and it was just 5 random sanity town cops thrown in a hood and you just decided it was a dethy and the real shell game was the scum conning us into thinking this is a dethy and its not really a dethy

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=84557

cuz like im looking back at fakegod's dethy and its pretty explicitly stated that its a dethy but here we don't actually have an explicit statement that we're playing dethy.

and if the entire scum team is laughing at you doing this and we're going down this rabbit hole I'm gonna be so annoyed.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:06 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 984, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 982, Klick wrote: What makes you think that I have any scumreads aside from Sunflower?
In post you agree that strikethroughs are your townreads and bolded names are your scumreads/concerns.

You also clearly split up your list.
Additional context that readers might want to know:
In post 371, Klick wrote:I find value in it being ambiguous. I like to experiment with different methods of expressing my thoughts on the game. I also enjoy extracting information out of how people engage with different levels of ambiguity vs straightforwardness. I often find that some people's assumptions about things like that are pretty closely attached to alignment.

I'll occasionally shift how willing I am to highlight someone in one direction or another just to try it out and see what will happen
And it's that way in part to avoid people trying to get little gotchas by interpreting things however suits their agenda, instead of trying to understand.
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:06 pm

Post by Sunflower »

In post 1231, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1226, Sunflower wrote:morph im not really at all sold on but if they're right on spiffeh then they're probably town i guess idk
So you mind meld with our spiffeh take, but we're town only if it's a correct take? Nothing else coming from our slot has been indicative one direction or the other?
the first of those statements is accurate

you're somewhat more likely to be town if spiffeh is scum. you're very likely to be town if spiffeh and AD are both scum

you have over 200 posts. many of them have been indicative in one direction or the other

morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:06 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1232, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: morph you know what would really annoy me

is if this game wasnt a dethy and it was just 5 random sanity town cops thrown in a hood and you just decided it was a dethy and the real shell game was the scum conning us into thinking this is a dethy and its not really a dethy

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=84557

cuz like im looking back at fakegod's dethy and its pretty explicitly stated that its a dethy but here we don't actually have an explicit statement that we're playing dethy.

and if the entire scum team is laughing at you doing this and we're going down this rabbit hole I'm gonna be so annoyed.
Based upon summary of the hood by sunflower, they've all declared it as such.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:08 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

just because they all decided its dethy doesnt mean it has to be dethy

there is no explicit moderator statement in that hood that its a dethy
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:08 pm

Post by Sunflower »

we don't know anything, we're not authorities on whether or not it's a dethy, why make that appeal?

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:09 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1221, Sunflower wrote: klick has just felt kinda positional play in response to all of this and is just not approaching things in the way i tend to expect him to solve. i think he tends to feel really pretty measured and reasonable and confident in his ability to read people and here he feels put on the back foot and the reads don't feel like they're coming naturally

1. I am always positional
2. I am almost never confident
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:10 pm

Post by Sunflower »

also we didn't decide it's a dethy we were like "hey this is kinda like dethy". which. it isn't dethy. can we stop pretending it's dethy im so tired

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:12 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 535, Sunflower wrote:
In post 524, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 485, Sunflower wrote: people keep being overly eager to paint meta reads off incomplete/inaccurate data with no shame or concern whatsoever and the fact that some of them are doing it as town is annoying

Who are you sub tweeting here?
spiffeh and morph mostly

i think there was a third that made it feel like a pattern but idr who

@Sunflower I asked this earlier but didn't see a response, who were you referring to when you said that some of them are doing it as town?
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:13 pm

Post by Sunflower »

In post 1238, Klick wrote:
In post 1221, Sunflower wrote: klick has just felt kinda positional play in response to all of this and is just not approaching things in the way i tend to expect him to solve. i think he tends to feel really pretty measured and reasonable and confident in his ability to read people and here he feels put on the back foot and the reads don't feel like they're coming naturally

1. I am always positional
2. I am almost never confident
1. i don't agree at all, at least in the way i was using the term. i used it to mena that your reads felt like they were being made in order to put yourself in the place you needed to be rather than coming naturally from posts

2. confident isn't the right word exactly, i think self-assured is better? not that you are sure your reads are correct, but that you tend to seem unbothered by outside forces and content to solve in your own way

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:13 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1077, morph the cat wrote:I'm concerned about Sunflower too. Would very much like to conclude at least one of Klick, Sunflower are town before much longer.
Hello, it's me

I don't understand the scumreads on me further than 'these are things that are surface-level scummy that I also do frequently as town, and people have to tie themselves to what they recognise regardless of context'

Sunflower is actually scum but posts in a less scumread-able way
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:15 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Lol @ how controversial my ActionDan post was when I am ISO'ing myself during my high era and think it's my most coherent post during that time

I also stand behind it 100%
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:15 pm

In post 1239, Sunflower wrote: also we didn't decide it's a dethy we were like "hey this is kinda like dethy". which. it isn't dethy. can we stop pretending it's dethy im so tired

I'm kind of confused. do you not think there's 1 scum in the hood anymore?
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:16 pm

Post by Sunflower »

In post 1240, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 535, Sunflower wrote:
In post 524, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 485, Sunflower wrote: people keep being overly eager to paint meta reads off incomplete/inaccurate data with no shame or concern whatsoever and the fact that some of them are doing it as town is annoying

Who are you sub tweeting here?
spiffeh and morph mostly

i think there was a third that made it feel like a pattern but idr who

@Sunflower I asked this earlier but didn't see a response, who were you referring to when you said that some of them are doing it as town?
it felt in the moment like a lot of people were doing it (too many for all of them to believably be scum) and i don't remember who else was if any and i don't really care

Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:17 pm

Post by Sunflower »

In post 1244, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1239, Sunflower wrote: also we didn't decide it's a dethy we were like "hey this is kinda like dethy". which. it isn't dethy. can we stop pretending it's dethy im so tired

i didn't ever think it was a for sure thing. i said it was the most elegant. but i am not particularly willing to take it for granted that we can make assumptions here

Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:18 pm

Post by Sunflower »

In post 1242, Klick wrote:
In post 1077, morph the cat wrote:I'm concerned about Sunflower too. Would very much like to conclude at least one of Klick, Sunflower are town before much longer.
Hello, it's me

I don't understand the scumreads on me further than 'these are things that are surface-level scummy that I also do frequently as town, and people have to tie themselves to what they recognise regardless of context'

Sunflower is actually scum but posts in a less scumread-able way
if you're actually saying that you are confident that im scum here that's fairly outing. are you committing to that read?

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:21 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1080, Shello and Goodbye wrote: - spiffeh whose recent posts after interacting with me were strange to me he felt defensive over being questioned about how he engaged with me
Can you elaborate on this? Which posts specifically make you feel this way?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:22 pm

In post 1246, Sunflower wrote:
In post 1244, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:

i didn't ever think it was a for sure thing. i said it was the most elegant. but i am not particularly willing to take it for granted that we can make assumptions here

What do you think Klick?

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”