Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:27 am

Post by Vi »

Rhinox wrote:Vi, I don't see how you think your mafia team was screwed all game... you had all goons, but you also had that UNK godfather thing... And with Tar also UNK, that seems like a pretty good way to balance out the vig. On top of that, all the rest of the town "Power" roles got taken out pretty early. The tracker/2 grave diggers combo could have really messed with the town had all those roles survived longer. Town had no cop, and the doc got unlukily taken out N0...
Meh, I suppose you're right there.

Now consider that one of my Goonies got hit N0, and the other two were replaced for the worse while Town got replacements like armlx, Huntress, you, and Tarhalindur.
Juls wrote:I don't know what Darox did or said but I was surprised that he came in and got lynched so quickly.
Nothing. Which was the point.

It occurs to me that me thinking Rhinox was SK was what got Town to win, because I didn't target Rhinox under the premise that he was NK-immune. If he was taken out of D5, we would have had a four-person Kingmaker with three people against Jazzmyn. Tom Mason dies overnight, I win the tie with Tarhalindur.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:56 am

Post by Rhinox »

Vi wrote: Meh, I suppose you're right there.

Now consider that one of my Goonies got hit N0, and the other two were replaced for the worse while Town got replacements like armlx, Huntress, you, and Tarhalindur.
You did kinda get a bit screwed with the replacements... especially puta puta. Darox would have got by if I wouldn't have replaced in, I think. You and Tar, although on different teams, had the skill advantage I think over Jazz and Huntress, and you both wanted to lynch jazz. Tom was agreeing with Tar, so jazz would have been lynched. How that would have affected the outcome, I have no idea.
Vi wrote: It occurs to me that me thinking Rhinox was SK was what got Town to win, because I didn't target Rhinox under the premise that he was NK-immune. If he was taken out of D5, we would have had a four-person Kingmaker with three people against Jazzmyn. Tom Mason dies overnight, I win the tie with Tarhalindur.
^This. One of my secret plays from this game was that although either a vig or a killable SK should have been taken out first night after my claim in that situation as a major threat to the mafia, I knew that would be bad for the town. I wanted the town to believe I was a vig so I didn't get lynched, but I wanted the mafia to leave me alive on the basis that they would try to get me lynched as SK. I did that by insisting that I should and probably would be the nk... I guess that probably made you think even more that I was UNK. (kind of like when a player asks to be investigated, it makes you think they're a GF)

And the more I think about Tar's play, the more I either think it was completely brilliant or incredibly lucky. Things could have gone completely different with all the kill choices in the game that would have made it so the JoaT claim wouldn't be possible... such as not being able to claim a 1-shot if there wasn't an unexplained kill 1 night, but not any other night. Either brilliant or lucky, if he wouldn't have had to claim sk, he would be the first sk winner I've seen since signing up.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

NIGHT ZERO

farside22 tracks imausername (Vi)
iamausername tracks Vi (no target)
curiouskarmadog does not act
ZazieR kills Xtoxm
DoomCow kills curiouskarmadog
Juls kills farside22 on behalf of the mafia

NIGHT ONE

iamausername tracks TAX (no target)
ZazieR kills strife220
DoomCow kills Percy
Vi kills strife220 on behalf of the mafia

NIGHT TWO

iamausername tracks armlx (no target)
ZazieR kills Percy II
DoomCow kills Scheherezade
Vi kills armlx on behalf of the mafia

NIGHT THREE

iamausername tracks ZazieR (iamausername)
ZazieR kills iamausername
Tarhalindur does not kill
Caboose kills iamausername on behalf of the mafia

NIGHT FOUR

Rhinox kills Vi (kill fails)
Tarhalindur kills Huntress
Vi kills Tarhalindur (kill fails)

NIGHT FIVE

Rhinox kills Tarhalindur (kill fails)
Tarhalindur kills Jazzmyn
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by Caboose »

Sorry I flaked, Vi. RL is a b*tch.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Caboose »

It's funny that the vigilante's only good shot came on N0. :lol:
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Rhinox wrote:If I can ask for a quick straw poll, how many reading the thread actually thought I was going to be a sk until my role was revealed at the end? How many thought I was truly a vig?
I believed your vig claim and did not think you were a SK. I also thought your gambit was brilliant. Very nicely done, indeed.

Regards,
Jazz
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:05 am

Post by Rhinox »

Jazz wrote: I believed your vig claim and did not think you were a SK. I also thought your gambit was brilliant. Very nicely done, indeed.
Caboose wrote: It's funny that the vigilante's only good shot came on N0.
I know... after I replaced in and saw how zaz played, the first thing I thought was "OMG, how am I ever going to get people to believe I'm actually a vig if I have to claim..." I would have had Vi and Tar before their lynches, though, if they weren't UNK. :)
Der Hammer
Der Hammer
Goon
Der Hammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:12 am

Post by Der Hammer »

I would like to think my contribution was the swinger
You used to be alright
What happened?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:30 am

Post by Vi »

Der Hammer wrote:I would like to think my contribution was the swinger
Go jump in a lake.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Last posts are an impossibility in an impossible universe.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”