CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:50 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

ortolan wrote:It would be nice if the people voting/FoSing him actually gave some reasons as to why self-voting in the *random* stage of the game suggests one is scum?
I don't think he's scum for self-voting. Remind me to give my reasons for voting later (i.e., after the random stage).
urielzyx
urielzyx
Townie
urielzyx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:04 am

Post by urielzyx »

CarnCarn wrote:
ortolan wrote:It would be nice if the people voting/FoSing him actually gave some reasons as to why self-voting in the *random* stage of the game suggests one is scum?
I don't think he's scum for self-voting. Remind me to give my reasons for voting later (i.e., after the random stage).

The whole point of RV is to create discussion, why don't you want to discuss right now?
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:46 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day One: Vote Count #2

2 Caboose (Mizzy, Battousai)
2 Ramus (Ramus, CarnCarn)
1 Battousai (Caboose)
1 ClockworkRuse (urielzyx)
1 Machiavellian-Mafia (MiteyMouse)
1 MiteyMouse (Machiavellian-Mafia)
1 Puta Puta (ThAdmiral)
1 ThAdmiral (ortolan)
1 urielzyx (ClockworkRuse)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch, and
to lynch at deadline. Deadline hits on December 1 at 9:59 pm CDT.

Not Voting – 1 – Puta Puta

Mod Note: I will be away from Nov. 12 – Nov. 14. During that time, MafiaSSK will be assuming mod duties. If there is a lynch, however, I have asked him to simply lock the thread and wait until I return to give the lynch scene. If you have questions about the game, you may ask him those but be forewarned that only my rulings will be authoritative.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:19 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

ortolan wrote:
## Vote: ThAdmiral
because I voted him in another game also and I like to be consistent

There was just an extremely lengthy theory discussion in another game I am playing based on self-voting. It was agreed, as Ramus said, that it's subjective and there's nothing inherently scummy about self-voting. It would be nice if the people voting/FoSing him actually gave some reasons as to why self-voting in the *random* stage of the game suggests one is scum?
Why do you use the ## too?
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:55 am

Post by Mizzy »

Ramus wrote:
Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:...and your answer to the first question is?
Is subjective.
Unvote. Vote: Ramus.

That was not an answer that, in my opinion, is pro-town. Subjective, or not, it was a valid and useful question that deserved a valid and useful answer, which it did not receive. While I don't think self-voting is a scumtell or scummy at all, I do feel that being intentionally vague IS scummy.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:56 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

ortolan wrote:
## Vote: ThAdmiral
because I voted him in another game also and I like to be consistent

There was just an extremely lengthy theory discussion in another game I am playing based on self-voting. It was agreed, as Ramus said, that it's subjective and there's nothing inherently scummy about self-voting. It would be nice if the people voting/FoSing him actually gave some reasons as to why self-voting in the *random* stage of the game suggests one is scum?
I never suggested self-voting to be scummy. I'm just inquiring about it since I rarely see this ploy. It also generates discussion.
The end justifies the means.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:04 am

Post by Mizzy »

Oh, and by the way, I took the original question to be "Why did you self-vote?" The answer to that is not "It's subjective." I want an answer to why he decided to self-vote.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:22 am

Post by Ramus »

Mizzy wrote:Oh, and by the way, I took the original question to be "Why did you self-vote?" The answer to that is not "It's subjective." I want an answer to why he decided to self-vote.
Because I felt like doing it.
[size=150][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1338652#1338652]Join the Paranoia Game![/url][/size]
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:36 am

Post by Mizzy »

Ramus wrote:
Mizzy wrote:Oh, and by the way, I took the original question to be "Why did you self-vote?" The answer to that is not "It's subjective." I want an answer to why he decided to self-vote.
So why, exactly, couldn't you have just answered that in the first place? Why did you have to be purposely vague and unhelpful?

Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by Caboose »

Mizzy wrote:
Ramus wrote:
So why, exactly, couldn't you have just answered that in the first place? Why did you have to be purposely vague and unhelpful?
This.

Also, what's the meta on Ramus. Does he have a history of doing this (like Natirasha) or is this a first time thing?

@Ramus: Please forgive me if I use the incorrect pronoun and feel free to correct me.
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:48 pm

Post by Ramus »

Caboose wrote:
Mizzy wrote:
Ramus wrote:
This.

Also, what's the meta on Ramus. Does he have a history of doing this (like Natirasha) or is this a first time thing?

@Ramus: Please forgive me if I use the incorrect pronoun and feel free to correct me.
It's a first time.
[size=150][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1338652#1338652]Join the Paranoia Game![/url][/size]
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:49 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

It's a first time.
That's what she said.
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:51 pm

Post by Ramus »

Talking about nonexistent people is a sign of insanity.
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

urielzyx wrote:
CarnCarn wrote:

The whole point of RV is to create discussion, why don't you want to discuss right now?
I'm all for discussion, but I think my comments might have a counter-productive effect ATM. That's why I said I'll explain later. I want to see how things start unfolding.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

@Ramus you ignored my questions again:
What benefits do you think self-voting provide? Do you think self-voting is a better option than random voting?
The end justifies the means.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:00 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Hello! Do any of you mind if I use a different format for vote counts then PJ did?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by ortolan »

nah go ahead, you only live once.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
urielzyx
urielzyx
Townie
urielzyx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:50 pm

Post by urielzyx »

I don't mind, about the self voting, why would it be scummy? RV's are for creating discussion and so RVing your self would be just as good as RVing someone else...
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:34 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Self voting at the random stage is not necessarily Scummy to me...self voting later might be.
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:18 am

Post by Mizzy »

Self-voting in the early stage is definitely not indicative of scum, but allow me to toss out my thoughts on the subject. This is going to serve two purposes, the first being to encourage discussion and the second being to share advice.

Self-voting in the random voting stage is not indicative of role or alignment, however, self-voting in the random stage is also lazy on the part of the voter and also tends to hurt the town later (in my opinion.)

The point of random voting is to give the town links and past connections/trends to look at later when the game is farther along, and also to begin discussion rolling. Now, granted, his self-vote did begin discussion, but I don't feel his vote was cast with that thought in mind, meaning that the discussion that was brought on by it was an unintentional side-effect. The first point of random voting, though, he has completely bypassed by self-voting. We have no connection we can draw on this later, nothing we can glean from it because it is a null-tell. So, whether he meant to or not, his small act (while not scummy in and of itself) has possibly helped scum.

His subsequent lack-of-answer and the dodging of questions was more telling than the self-vote, though, so I am glad he did what he did.

Now, keep in mind that this is opinion of mine, but I am going to keep my vote where I am for two reasons. 1) Because I feel that his question-dodging was scummy and 2) I feel that some pressure here might give us far more information than we could get from his random-vote alone.

Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:20 am

Post by Mizzy »

Mizzy wrote:So why, exactly, couldn't you have just answered that in the first place? Why did you have to be purposely vague and unhelpful?
Also, I am still waiting for an answer to this. Stop dodging and start playing, kthx.

urielzyx
urielzyx
Townie
urielzyx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:51 am

Post by urielzyx »

Conections from RV are WIFOM anyway, also, they do not help here because SK has no conections to anyone...
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:52 am

Post by Battousai »

UNVOTE,
Vote: Ramus

Pressure good.

Mizzy: Ramus might have thought those questions were rhetorical, as I did. When you ask someone why they are so stupid, the person usually doesn't tell you he was dropped on his head a lot as a kid. Usually. But Ramus has also not answered questions from Machiavellian-Mafia as well, so Ramus might be intentionally stopped answering certain questions.
urielzyx
urielzyx
Townie
urielzyx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:52 am

Post by urielzyx »

EBWOP: Ignore the second part, I thought for a moment we were in AITH...
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:55 am

Post by Mizzy »

Battousai: One should always pretend, in MS, that a question asked is not rhetorical if one wants to live long enough to see night one.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”