Newbie 2050 | The End

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Herro Folks.

VOTE: AliceK
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Image.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:54 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 13, RayFrost wrote:VOTE: Malakittens

I'm voting you, as you're the only person here who could possibly remember who I am.

That won't do. I need to maintain my air of mystery. The 2009 should be
ominous
Hey! It’s been a
long
time

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:03 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 22, Harumi Ayasato wrote:
AliceK wrote:
In post 16, LoneMarkhor wrote:Why?
Scums more often give reasons to meaningful actions. Even if the reason is no reason.
I don’t really think that’s a scum tell; their reasoning isn’t any better than, say, mine.
I disagree with this. At this point we are in RVS so I don’t really think there is major thought in the voting process. There used to be a tell that newer scum players would vote their partner in RVS, but that may have changed over the course of the years.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:57 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Statue to be fair it’s still pretty early in the game. I think having a few posts that are fluff isn’t exactly a scumable offense.
(Did you see what I did there guys? I made a funny. Jk)

I do kinda like Statue tho on a gut read. He does make up some good points.

I’m not really liking the sub out from lone with a small bit of pressure, but I’ll see what the replacement does.

UNVOTE: .

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Actually on second thought.

VOTE: Lunar

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:04 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 31, RayFrost wrote:In reverse, I don't think what Alice said is particularly suspect. It's not the greatest reasoning because other people gave reasons (myself included), but people get feelings all the time. Having a dislike of a specific type of reason for this part of the game is fair.

I find Crab going "oh yeah I can totally see that" when Alice's reasoning is far from sound is more suspect to me.

UNVOTE: Malakittens

VOTE: Exquisite Crab

Harumi, is there a reason that you're suspicious of Alice, but you have no suspicion of crab who just sat on Alice's reasons without any of his own? I'd say it's flimsier to back up someone's flimsy reasons than to have flimsy reasons themselves.

Also, Alice: you said you dislike random voting but decided to go along with it anyway. Why do you dislike random voting, and why did you go along with it if you're not a fan of it to begin with?
IDK. I get where you are coming from, but I always personally feel that its harder to get into the game early on especially when you are new. I can see where it’s scummy for him to latch onto Alice’s vote w/o really having a good basis. I do have to say though him not posting after that is more suspicious.
In post 76, RayFrost wrote:
Mod: If we could get a votecount at your earliest convenience, that would be most appreciated. I'm having trouble keeping track at this point.

Hey Malakittens,

I dislike suspecting people based on replacing out. Replacement is not a directly game-related mechanic. It should be ignored with regards to reading people, as there's any number of reasons that replacement can be requested by someone (and going too deep down that rabbit hole has unhealthy consequences). I'm somewhat disappointed that your primary suspect comes from that.

Unless you had something deeper??
I agree, but it was the timing of it. He started to get votes placed on him also the wording he used right before he placed out. Something “I play bad as town” kinda settled wrong with me as a gut feel, but I also sometimes see that as a smokescreen when they go under pressure as scum they say that and then replace out. I also was back and forth to vote because I agree with you I don’t usually vote on a player based on replacement, but this one stuck out on me and right now I don’t really have bad feelings on anyone right now.

I’m not fully into the game yet because it’s early. Until we have more content with solid posts from all the players even if it’s a minor feel I’m going to chase it.

In post 103, RayFrost wrote:Quick note: Malakittens is female. Please be mindful of people's pronouns.

I'm working right now, but this game's momentum is somewhat hurt by lack of activity / need for replacements / etc. I'm limiting my posting right now specifically because I don't feel I have much to add that isn't repeating myself, and I'm not trying to clog the thread with more redundant posts that a potential replacement for crab + replacement for charles would have to deal with reading.

If you have specific questions or things you want me to comment on, bring it up. I am reading.
Yeah he’s right be mindful of this. Personally I don’t care if you misgender me, but I actually do rather be called Mala or MK. I don’t really like “kittens/kitty”. That’s just a personal preference.

I have to agree with Ray about the mid post. Hopefully once we get two replacements we can get fully into this game.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:13 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 53, LoneMarkhor wrote:
In post 50, StatueSurfer wrote:
LoneMarkhor wrote:Exquisite crab's vote was scummy (or odd).But as they haven't got a chance to explain (or they are hiding?), I'll wait for them to explain what their reason was?
This reeks of being a parrot? 20+ posts go by, and this is all you can think to say? I guess you don't have any reads on the person who sussed you right off the bat? Also that question mark? lol?
I didn't find much in any posts except crab's. That was a weak sus which is already dead I think. I ain't good at pressuring people as town :igmeou:

This ray the last line just felt like a cop out.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:39 am

Post by Malakittens »

Lunar posting is ok. Right now I’m currently watching how Statue v Lunar plays out. Lunar did bring up some good points regarding Harumi’s posting with the list. that Harumi is trying to get a grip on the game, however, the reasons to be scumreading/null/townreading is kinda skewed.

I’ll probably be moving my vote soon, but right now I’m leaving it for now.

I want to see Charles’ replacement posts and if Crab gets replaced that potential replacement as well.

I hate the early Day 1 + replacement go-around because it legit kills the morale of the game.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:02 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 20, AliceK wrote:
In post 16, LoneMarkhor wrote:Why?
Scums more often give reasons to meaningful actions. Even if the reason is no reason.
This stands out a bit more because she singles out Charles and Lone, but if you look bad other people had a reason to vote where they did.
Ray voted me out of familiarity etc etc.

Idk I feel like AliceK was trying to get us out of RVS so I’m kinda mildly townreading this slot.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (isolation #10) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:05 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 37, RayFrost wrote:
In post 34, AliceK wrote:
In post 31, RayFrost wrote: Also, Alice: you said you dislike random voting but decided to go along with it anyway. Why do you dislike random voting, and why did you go along with it if you're not a fan of it to begin with?
I don't like random voting, because well... it is random, so it doesn't give any value. Often you can't distinguish if a person is still in rvs or started suspecting someone.

Well everyone before me voted someone, each one different person, I just held the pattern. I don't know how people would react if an only person would act differently. That's an easy way to being sus.
While being seen as suspect
is
something that should be avoided, I don't think that's reason enough to feel obligated to follow everyone's lead. Why do you feel it's necessary to do what everyone else does?

I acted differently, voting malakittens, and nobody reacted with particular suspicion. (I mean, surfer mentioned very slight suspicion off that, but that's too minor to be worth mentioning) Do you find me suspicious for doing so?
TBF surfer mentioned sus due to stacking the vote, not for the reason itself.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:06 pm

Post by Malakittens »

I liked volx posting up until this:
In post 118, volxen wrote:I don't want to put Lunar up to E-1 so

I don’t like the willingness to vote someone who’s most likely being replaced vs someone actually in the game.

That has a bad taste in my mouth.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:31 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Well
Hopefully with some active players on the replacement.. we can breathe life into the game

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (isolation #13) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:27 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 130, Exquisite Crab wrote:It's been a little while, so lets spice things up a little. AliceK, who do you think is mafia?
Bad posting is bad posting.

:facepalm:
In post 136, volxen wrote:
In post 125, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 124, Malakittens wrote:I liked volx posting up until this:
In post 118, volxen wrote:I don't want to put Lunar up to E-1 so

I don’t like the willingness to vote someone who’s most likely being replaced vs someone actually in the game.

That has a bad taste in my mouth.
It also feels like it's voting based on an agenda rather than solving.
You’ve been voteparked on Charles for days now, so I wanted to see how you would react to me putting Crab up to two votes, since I think that Crab is someone who would make sense as your partner if you are scum.
Fair. I actually like this if this was in fact a reaction test.
In post 140, RayFrost wrote:Okay, so this is the time I indiscriminately hammer without waiting for anything right? I think that's new site meta. Smile

I do think everyone is reading a
little
too hard into trying to make connections between players at this stage of the game. I'd rather focus on individual tells than try to make connection-based reasoning with no flips and no confirmed information to work with.

Putting too much focus on "A could be connected to B and C" and sharing that in thread can actually hurt the town, as it shares information with mafia that could help them decide who to nightkill based on the "connections" people are seeing. I would like to request that we hold back on our "I think x and y are connected, but y and z may also be connected, so my primary focus is y" type of reasoning if possible. You can think it, but please refrain from sharing it for this game day.

----

RE: Disliking volxen's vote. I don't think it's bad. In light of crab's "exquisite" return of the game, I actually like it. (Obviously volxen voted first, but still)

I think it's strange that Lunar's vote parking on someone literally replacing out of the game (charles) while harping on Volxen's vote (which has more value just by its nature in voting someone that isn't guaranteed to leave the game).

I also don't understand why malakittens is okay with the above. I would enjoy an explanation.

I would like to explicitly state that I currently still do not suspect Lunar of being mafia greater than I suspect crab.

I took it off since I assumed crab would be leaving the game. This is quite clearly not the case.

Can we please not let crab literally skate by sitting his vote from random voting stage parked onto Lunar's slot and keeping Lunar at a closer-than-necessary level of lynchable?

This is ridiculous.
Well originally I wasn’t a fan of it, but in light of the most recent events it’s not a bad vote. It just felt like he was pushing someone who was most likely going to be replaced due to inactivity, but apparently it now looks like he is just avoiding the thread, but posting enough to stay in the game. Which is really, really fishy.

I am pretty sure I already made it clear I wasn’t a fan of Lunar’s posting for that exact reason, but also the fact I didn’t like Lone’s posting as well.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (isolation #14) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:30 am

Post by Malakittens »

Wanna see something:

@crab:

How much online mafia exp do you have? Have you/DO you play on other sites?

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (isolation #15) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:25 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 178, Lunar Martian wrote:For clarity, I'm currently at E-2 and Crab is at E-1. Please don't end the day.

UNVOTE: Lunar

Posting is better as of late.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (isolation #16) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:27 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 179, Malakittens wrote:
In post 178, Lunar Martian wrote:For clarity, I'm currently at E-2 and Crab is at E-1. Please don't end the day.

UNVOTE: Lunar

Posting is better as of late.
Just elaborating the last set of posts (this page) was decent. I’m at work the next three days straight so my posting will be limited, but I’ll be reading / attempting to post at break and then when I get home I’ll post before bed.

I also don’t really want him to be at L-2 while we are waiting for a replacement to post /catch up & a possible replacement for Charles

I’m dead set ok with Lynching Charles as he seems to be active lurking rather than replacing out if he doesn’t actually feel like playing. Regardless of his alignment it’s shitty. But I don’t think that slot will be town in the end with a gut read if his behavior

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (isolation #17) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:29 am

Post by Malakittens »

Not Charles I meant crab

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (isolation #18) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:30 am

Post by Malakittens »

Volx hari statue Alice and ray are prob town

The rest I need to sort

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (isolation #19) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:46 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 188, RayFrost wrote:Paopao promising thoughts "soon" and then not providing them at all is annoying, but nothing I've seen in the recent posts changes my mind about thinking that crab is the best lynch.
So I think ray volx statue and possibly Alice are town

The rest I need to sort

More to come on D2.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (isolation #20) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by Malakittens »

I’m ok with hammering him.
Lmk if anyone objects

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (isolation #21) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by Malakittens »

I don’t remember if I played with Krazy, but I know he’s modded a game or two with me in it. I got a terrible memory.

Tbh Lunar’s post. Gut reaction pings terrible for me.

Want to see others post first tho

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (isolation #22) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:57 pm

Post by Malakittens »

I have to agree right now with Ray.as much as I adore Krazy (I know I don’t know if I played a game with you), but that slot was basically null to me so I feel like that was a no information type kill. But I don’t really get the purpose right now on trying to logic behind it.

If you wanted to try to link someone to the kill by asking for reactions and then explaining your reasoning for the reaction test kinda defeats the purpose.

:igmeou:

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (isolation #23) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:36 am

Post by Malakittens »

First things first. VOTE: Luna
In post 261, RayFrost wrote:Malakittens - Can you reword your post? I am really struggling with comprehending the final sentence, specifically.
In post 260, volxen wrote:
In post 255, Lunar Martian wrote:An SE is Mafia. Maybe both. My guess would be Mala, but I'm not sure. SEs: what is your relation to Krazy, and would you kill him?
I played some games with Krazy and in some games that he modded back in 2019. I would nightkill a townread player from day one over Krazy.

Why do you think that the Krazy nightkill points to Mala being scum?
I'm not a fan of self-meta posts like this. Why did you feel the need to defend yourself in this way?
I feel like he was trying to do some weird reaction test with the NK Analysis, but obv it seems clearly like a reaction test.

Either way he seemed to be going the route of voting me regardless of what people said.

I also really don’t see how the NK points to me being scum. :igmeou:

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (isolation #24) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 265, AliceK wrote:
In post 256, RayFrost wrote: With that said, I don't think night kill analysis this early serves a purpose. Making assumptions on the mafia's logic in their kills, especially with no flips and so little information, is the type of rabbit hole that distracts from actually figuring anything out and gives mafia a free way to avoid actual, intentional hunting. Please don't do night kill speculation this early.
I disagree completely. Mafia often get away with obvious kills, because no one does analysis. It is distracting from what?
Normally I agree with NK analysis later in the game, but please explain to me what type of information we are going to get out of two slots that were null and another who didn’t post?

I just feel like Lunar tried to set this up to frame people, but ofc it’s against me, but he still hasn’t answered why me instead of the other SEs

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (isolation #25) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:19 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 271, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 267, Malakittens wrote:
In post 265, AliceK wrote:
In post 256, RayFrost wrote: With that said, I don't think night kill analysis this early serves a purpose. Making assumptions on the mafia's logic in their kills, especially with no flips and so little information, is the type of rabbit hole that distracts from actually figuring anything out and gives mafia a free way to avoid actual, intentional hunting. Please don't do night kill speculation this early.
I disagree completely. Mafia often get away with obvious kills, because no one does analysis. It is distracting from what?
Normally I agree with NK analysis later in the game, but please explain to me what type of information we are going to get out of two slots that were null and another who didn’t post?

I just feel like Lunar tried to set this up to frame people, but ofc it’s against me, but he still hasn’t answered why me instead of the other SEs
I do really dislike the second line here. I hadn't posted at all, it's not like I was ignoring you, I just wasn't online. Killing a slot that had done absolutely nothing and was probably going to be a VT implies they were going after Krazy, which suggests a personal connection to Krazy, which implies that an SE wanted Krazy dead, because it's unlikely that a newbie knows Krazy well enough to be concerned.
It was your wording. It already looked like you were going to vote me regardless of “reactions”. IDK asking the thread what is your connection to Krazy felt like an alternative motive. It’s very easy for you to meta people rather than come out the way you did in D2 and ask. Like I said the whole way you have entered D2 is scummy as fuck.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (isolation #26) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:24 am

Post by Malakittens »

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (isolation #27) » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:35 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Will be posting more tmrw. Feeling like crap from the 2nd vaccine.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (isolation #28) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:51 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 310, Lunar Martian wrote:I'm pretty set on a PoE of Volxen, Statue, and Harumi. Everyone else is Town.
The scum read you had on me poofed?

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (isolation #29) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:27 am

Post by Malakittens »

Lunar you never really did answer why I’m a TR but you are voting me

:idk:

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (isolation #30) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:28 am

Post by Malakittens »

What’s really bad is reading these last few pages but I can’t help to think might be a TvT, but idk since Lunar feels like they are spiraling

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (isolation #31) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:17 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Jk

1: ray
2 volx

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (isolation #32) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 375, Lunar Martian wrote:Ok so assuming that no one CCs, Mala is confirmed Town and volxen is likely Town. That or volxen got jailkept, realized we are in C2, and knew to claim tracker to pair with the Jailkeeper.
This.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #401 (isolation #33) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:43 am

Post by Malakittens »

I promise to have better content by wed as I’ll have a huuuge chunk of time, but I don’t think we should no eliminate

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (isolation #34) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Idk I really don’t feel like ray is scum. I read him p town D1 hence why I jailed him to protect him.

There’s a reason why I decided to jail Volx because I really didn’t like D2 from him, but unless he is fake claiming and I don’t think trying to eliminate him is the best play right now.

If volx is in fact town — then lunar is town or just a regular goon.

I could see Alice being scum with Statue.

Idk I hate being confirmed town with no mafia eliminate yet. I’m really good at associative tells once I got a flip

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (isolation #35) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by Malakittens »

VOTE: statue

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (isolation #36) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Idk if anyone else is even around

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (isolation #37) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:35 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 461, Lunar Martian wrote:I was mocked so much for my SE theory, too :(
It would have been a good theory if you didn’t act how you acted coming out of N1. It almost looked like you planted the kill.

Gg ya’ll sorry I was a horrible player this game. I was trying to play cautiously with being a PR as I didn’t want to come out too strong, but the activity level killed me. Part of me was wondering if Volx fake claimed knowing that I jailed him and it turns out I was right, but couldn’t pinpoint the partner. I don’t know if I would have suspected ray until late game tbh.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (isolation #38) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Yes it was correct and made sense, but it was the behavior. I prob would have voted with you as I was hating volx for a bit D1 if you didn’t come out acting very scummy while trying to pry the information

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”