he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:49 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 187, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 178, MURDERCAT wrote:VOTE: RandomCanadian

I am going to very blatantly hop on this wagon because [reasons to be revealed later]
mmmmm, the longer you wait the more impressive the reasoning will have to be.
The idea was that there is likely scum on the wagon, just because it's easier to get 5 votes from 13 players than 10. If you remember from Noir, you had an early wagon on you that involved a vote from PP. I think that scum often takes the opportunity to distance with an early wagon, so I had a theory that Random Canadian might be scum getting hit by that distance vote (also I saw that Random Canadian had logged on but not posted in this thread, which seemed a little off to me considering how early into the game we were). Either way I was curious how votes would react as the wagon accelerated. It's probably not super useful right now but I think it will be nice to look back on after we get some flips. I did hate Isis's vote to leave the wagon but she did the exact same thing in Noir (and I hated it there too :lol:). I'm not sure what to make of your unvote and revote.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:01 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 315, egotisi wrote:and talk about your tonal read on isis?
I would have to do a real meta read to say anything meaningful about this. But on D1 of our game together Isis seemed much more casual with her posts. This game she reads as more calculated to me, like we are getting her second or third thought/rephrasing instead of her first if you know what I mean? I don't know if this is scum indicative, or maybe she is just taking this game more seriously, or maybe she just hasn't been drunk since this game started but I have noticed it and I will probably meta read on it sometime on D1. Of course I did feel that her posting style was off that game too so maybe I'm being unfair :lol:
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:07 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

VOTE: xofelf

The fact that so many people are throwing shade here when I am totally null on them makes me suspicious. Sorry tayl0r, come vote here now let's see what happens.
GTKAMURDERCAT

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:44 am

Post by brassherald »

Votecount 1.01
xofelf (3):
, ,
Random Canadian (2):
Tayl0r Swift (1):
Battle Mage (1):

MURDERCAT (1):

Not Voting (4):
Jewel Barons, Noraa, Cobra Kai, xofelf

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to eliminate.
Day 1 will end in (expired on 2020-10-23 13:00:00)

Quick note on VCs, I'm EST, so they are not coming at 4AM my time.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:36 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 279, Noraa wrote:
In post 271, PlusJOYED wrote:i have gamblers fallacy with noraa being scum rn
is that the thing where I've rolled scum too many times to be scum? bleh that thing is kinda dumb ngl cuz rolling scum isnt something I choose for myself to begin with and each game is a separate thing that has nothing to do with the last so the probability of rolling scum is always 50%
In post 273, Tayl0r Swift wrote:noraa *should* be easy to sort before long.
why is that?
its less than 50% cause informed minority
but yeah its a fallacy for a reason, im just admitting it
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:38 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 293, Isis wrote:VOTE: xofelf
Let's pick on xof, Plus makes some sense.
I want to get them deeper into this game too
yay
wanna townblock again isis :3
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:39 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 295, Isis wrote: and read town to me. I think I've already mentioned to you I don't need my vote to feel people out, I can do it with my voice. My vote is more a symbol of who seems scummiest.

Seeing how you would respond is part of that.

"I think Isis will be at a scum lean" sounds like justifying a scumread rather than explaining one, speaking of, why aren't you voting me?
those posts are without a doubt within noraas scumrange
agree with taylor, noraa is one of those slots that just gets solved over time.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:42 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 315, egotisi wrote:@plus i was going somewhere with bottom of 183, can you pls answer
i will someday
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:49 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

votes on rc:

egotisi

exorcists

taylor

isis

murdercat

of these, I think I like murdercats vote the least. I dislike the swapping, we're out of RVS at this point. they'd be my guess for scum on the wagon but i still wanna pursue xoxelf atm
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:55 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 305, Random Canadian wrote:Isis and Noraa, have you 2 played together before?
no
In post 311, Exorcists wrote:.
d̡͈͙́̍̓̍̅͢͢ͅ a̧͕̻̭̦̯̟͔͎̤͂̾̍̈̐͘ r̸̘͇̹̪̺̺̔̓̿̾͐̅̀̐̆ͅ ḵ̶̼̦͙͇̫̟͔̔͒͊̅̂̚͢͠ n̪̺̪̝̥̣̩̯̲̆̌̓͛̒͋̍͡ ȩ̷̧̱͕͈̫̠̠̹̅͆̃̌͑̿̚͜ ṣ̢̨̧̾̄̌̌̌͢ s̷̡̼̯͉͔̙̊͆̋̽͟͡

Spoiler:
Does the spoilers make my posts unappealing to read? If so, I'll stop. Anyway, I'm caught up now. I quite like Battle Mage even though a lot of people don't feel the same way. He reads genuine, and I agree Taylor is suspicious for advocating setup spec -- specifically, advocating for others to setup spec while not doing any herself. If it is so easy, why do we have to openly discuss it?
In post 72, Tayl0r Swift wrote:itll take 2 seconds to go through and look at the possible options for town with 8 points, and then to look at which ones dont make sense given the scum roles.
(Thanks to egotisi for the highlighting tip. It's very convenient.) Also, guessing PRs isn't even helpful to town. There is only scum motivation in this for gauging reactions.

Xofelf is kind of scummy. I will also be okay going there. In particular, , , and have no substance, yet appear to be contributing. Random was a null (not sure why everyone piled on) but I liked his latest posts.

I also have a secret scumread I'm going to hold close to my chest for now.

VOTE: Tayl0r Swift

—Alice
Update: I no longer like hydras. I'm not even gonna solve this slot. their dang opinions change around every two minutes. too difficult. someone else do it.
In post 318, Jewel Barons wrote:Immediately paranoid of Noraa.

- Norwee
Im an adorable potato what's there to be paranoid about? *blinks innocently*
In post 320, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 270, Isis wrote:I usually tend to believe in keeping my vote on the things that seem scummiest instead of voting in clumps for pressure.

Noraa keeps treating Battle Mage like she knows he's town and seems like she's trying hard to look protown.
He can easily play this way as town or scum (BM)

I don't think it's bad for Noraa to be assuming BM is town
Ok FTR I do not assume BM is town. I'm trying to persuade him with a fat marshmallow to cooperate with me. It makes it easier for town no matter what his alignment is.
In post 323, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 315, egotisi wrote:is there history between you/isis/noraa? and talk about your tonal read on isis?
Isis and I are basically best friends, we played together in open 795. I can't talk about my game history with Noraa due to site rules.
Murder and I are amigos bc of stuff. that's all ya need to know :3
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:58 am

Post by Noraa »

Spoiler:
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:59 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 332, PlusJOYED wrote:
In post 295, Isis wrote: and read town to me. I think I've already mentioned to you I don't need my vote to feel people out, I can do it with my voice. My vote is more a symbol of who seems scummiest.

Seeing how you would respond is part of that.

"I think Isis will be at a scum lean" sounds like justifying a scumread rather than explaining one, speaking of, why aren't you voting me?
those posts are without a doubt within noraas scumrange
agree with taylor, noraa is one of those slots that just gets solved over time.
do I tho? I feel like people just give up on solving me at one point :/
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:57 am

Post by xofelf »

If you're gonna vote me, you mind spelling my name right? Sorry, yesterday my computer was exploding and I hate typing via mobile. I get it, I tend to look like I'm barely contributing and only posting for the sake of it. That's kind of my thing though. I watch and I wait, I ask questions to see if the reactions to them feel a weird type of way or not, and I observe. That's just how I play, which does usually mean people tend to feel a type of way about that but y'all do you. Not a super readslist kind of person, not that great at mechanically solving. But sometimes I notice when people feel off from how they normally do. Yes I joined in 2008, but I play incredibly rarely. I did play a bunch of games this past year, but it had been a good two or three before that, and the one I played was an invitational. My luck is that I roll roles I dislike playing more often than I roll the ones that I find entertaining and fun. I'm not scum but I don't expect y'all to believe me anyways.

Thoughts I have as I've been reading but hadn't had a chance to share at all. PlusJOYED feels opportunistic, and like they'll go for whatever vote they can get enough traction on, and I'm always a real easy target. Tayl0r I don't feel so weird about but they didn't start off great. I still like BM, he feels reasonable. Isis I've played both a scum and town game with this past year, and I know she hates scum and gives off an air of indecision and stress when she's not town that I don't think I'm seeing here. Murdercat I'm getting some town vibes from, feels like someone who uses votes as reaction testing rather than questions or statements, which is fair. Noraa is a ball of exerberance but that's just her as a person, and I can't get any sort of read on her one way or another cuz the excitability is pretty NAI. egotisi I like, but I may just be fond cuz it's Datisi and George Bailey, not that they're doing anything particularly standout at the moment. Jewel Barons I want to see more from, but this feels like town!Gamma posting, what I expect to see from him. Random Canadian, who? No really, who, I have nothing about them and I'm sure they've posted to, but they register at all. Same goes for Exorcists, but them I have a slight favourbility towards. I may have to actually effort and iso for anything there. Cobrakai is fine? Pretty null though, but replacement vibes. Dunnstral sure is a man who exists. But not in a bad way, just a quieter way.

So the tl;dr of that is:
"You, keep talking":
Murdercat
BattleMage
egotisi
Jewel Barons
Isis

People who exist allegedly:
Dunnstral
Random Canadian
Exorcists
Cobrakai

Noraa:
Noraa

Much nose wrinkling in their direction:
Tayl0r
PlusJOYED
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:03 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 338, xofelf wrote:PlusJOYED feels opportunistic, and like they'll go for whatever vote they can get enough traction on, and I'm always a real easy target
Do you think Plus would have know that?
GTKAMURDERCAT

Random Canadian
Random Canadian
Goon
Random Canadian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:13 am

Post by Random Canadian »

In post 310, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 308, Random Canadian wrote:One last thing, can someone explain who the other RC is? I kind of like the RC abbreviation but it sounds like someone already uses it here lol
radiant cowbells is one of the most infamous scummers.
Now that you say that, that name does sound familiar from when I was one here originally. I haven't crossed paths with them since coming back though.
In post 335, Noraa wrote:In post 305, Random Canadian wrote:
Isis and Noraa, have you 2 played together before?

no
Good to know, thanks.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:13 am

Post by xofelf »

MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 338, xofelf wrote:PlusJOYED feels opportunistic, and like they'll go for whatever vote they can get enough traction on, and I'm always a real easy target
Do you think Plus would have know that?
No, I don't think it's meta-reasons or anything of the sort. But rather a downside to the way I think and play these games, I'm a really good and easy vote to push. It happens a lot, and I'm not exactly the best at defending why I do what I do and having that actually believed. So no, I think it's just out of everyone here currently, I'm not the worst target to try early on since statistically most people who are contributing like this, tend to get looked at as scum or at least not pro-town.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Random Canadian
Random Canadian
Goon
Random Canadian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:29 am

Xofelf, I kind of agree you on the Plus read. He seems a little more calculated than my past experiences with him, which gives me some suspicion of them but much like you say about yourself, Plus is an easy target at times because of his play.

What do you think about his opening post in ?
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:31 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

I guess I'm curious how you are telling apart someone who might legitimately think you're scum from someone who is being opportunistic Xofelf.
GTKAMURDERCAT

xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:43 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 342, Random Canadian wrote:Xofelf, I kind of agree you on the Plus read. He seems a little more calculated than my past experiences with him, which gives me some suspicion of them but much like you say about yourself, Plus is an easy target at times because of his play.

What do you think about his opening post in ?
Is that more calculated? That just seems a bit "hold up let me get an RVS in here real quick, and also some thoughts real hurried that aren't gonna mean much, but are definitely here." It does ping weird, but I didn't think anything of it cuz it could mean anything really.
In post 343, MURDERCAT wrote:I guess I'm curious how you are telling apart someone who might legitimately think you're scum from someone who is being opportunistic Xofelf.
I have the feeling you're going to hate my answer tbh. I'm a guts player a lot, so like, I can't exactly fully tell you why it's different, I just know it feels different. Like there's a different tone or feel to someone who is scum doing stuff than someone who is just doing what they think is best in that moment. For me, scum tends to feel more hollow in what they're saying. It's not what they say, but how. Whether it's purposefully getting people to think in a certain way, or almost overcontributing. They give off a different feel of hiding something than anybody else does. I also don't tend to vote much, because I don't want to vote unless I'm at least 90% sure or we need to yeet someone or we lose.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:53 am

Post by Noraa »

No everyone here is definitely right. Plus seems much more well composed this game. And I'm sure its not just me that's noticed this. I think this is either bc he is scum and knows the whole setup so he is pretty relaxed or its just that his game is getting better. Plus is normally somewhat like me .... basically a huge tsunami of confusion and LHF vibes. But this game I see huge improvement and while I want to say its most likely bc he is scum, I also think its very possible that its just his game getting better.
Random Canadian
Random Canadian
Goon
Random Canadian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:54 am

In post 344, xofelf wrote:In post 342, Random Canadian wrote:
Xofelf, I kind of agree you on the Plus read. He seems a little more calculated than my past experiences with him, which gives me some suspicion of them but much like you say about yourself, Plus is an easy target at times because of his play.

What do you think about his opening post in 35?

Is that more calculated? That just seems a bit "hold up let me get an RVS in here real quick, and also some thoughts real hurried that aren't gonna mean much, but are definitely here." It does ping weird, but I didn't think anything of it cuz it could mean anything really.
The opposite really. I feel that post is less likely to come from a calculated scum standpoint. Specifically the speculation on a role because of the strongman doesn't align with the feeling I was getting. I get the calculated feeling from some of his later posts but wanted to hear your opinion on that one since you thought had some thoughts that his play might be opportunistic.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:55 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

I'm fine with that answer xofelf, though I'm not convinced by it.
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:56 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 334, PlusJOYED wrote:of these, I think I like murdercats vote the least. I dislike the swapping, we're out of RVS at this point. they'd be my guess for scum on the wagon but i still wanna pursue xoxelf atm
I want to hear more about this, what do you not like about it? I'm being pretty transparent about what I'm doing.
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:57 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 346, Random Canadian wrote:Specifically the speculation on a role because of the strongman doesn't align with the feeling I was getting.
Can you explain what you mean by this?
GTKAMURDERCAT

Return to “Completed Open Games”