Newbie 2036 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:49 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

really i dont care much between hessian and donki, because we have a game-clinching PoE here. but i think its donki.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:50 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

im already voting donki, i encourage the rest of you to join me.
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:00 am

Post by Satisfaction »

In post 291, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:I don't think donkihott would be putting in so much effort searching for scum if he is scum.
At this point it's the only way scum!donkihott could win. He has to find a scapegoat. The whole list was ready to kill him over D1.
To be a rock and not to roll
donkihott
donkihott
Goon
donkihott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:05 am

Post by donkihott »

In post 326, Tayl0r Swift wrote:im already voting donki,
i encourage the rest of you to join me.
sOuNdS fAkE
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:06 am

Post by Satisfaction »

In post 323, Tayl0r Swift wrote:im pretty sure we cleared fred yesterday right? based on interactions.
Yes, but I'm getting paranoid.
donkihott
donkihott
Goon
donkihott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:10 am

Post by donkihott »

Can you remind me which interactions exactly. Just asking.
hessian
hessian
Townie
hessian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:20 am

Post by hessian »

In post 275, hessian wrote: I have tried to think about my biggest suspect in the case of town!donkihott. If donkihott is town, then I think that at the beginning of D2, scum should have either A) joined and stayed on the donkihott wagon, or B) held back on voting, while intending to hammer closer to the D2 deadline. In that case, I would townread Satisfaction and Tayl0r for joining and then leaving the wagon. That would leave Fredrick, Gawr/ wiyvern, and Olivia/ ORAM.
If I assume town!donkihott, then I believe Fredrick is the second mafia. Right now my preference for elimination is donkihott > Fredrick >> Tayl0r.
In post 325, Tayl0r Swift wrote:really i dont care much between hessian and donki, because we have a game-clinching PoE here. but i think its donki.
PoE?
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:21 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

process of elimination. its either hessian or donki
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:24 am

Post by Satisfaction »

In post 330, donkihott wrote:Can you remind me which interactions exactly. Just asking.
It's a short game. I would prefer if you could find those yourself and report back.
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:28 am

Post by Satisfaction »

In post 320, donkihott wrote:I cold-bloodedly hanged Mark. And how good of an actor a newbie do you think can be? Its just not relevant anymore to suspect me I'm clear as a water drop.
It's distressing to me that you picked the one thing that we pretty much all scum read you for as evidence that you are town.
donkihott
donkihott
Goon
donkihott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:59 am

Post by donkihott »

In post 77, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 75, Marky Mark wrote:As alluded to immediately above, I will post my current reads in more detail later and will make a meaningful (non-RVS) vote at the same time but for now:

UNVOTE: Satisfaction

While your logic for voting me seems a little thin, I like the fact that you are analyzing other player's motives for posting and trying to be proactive. Again, this could be scum trying to build a case against me out of nothing, but that is a WIFOM rabbit hole that I am not going to go down right now so I will take this on face value as townish and remove my earlier RVS vote, which has outlived its purpose.
Even then, why unvote?
VOTE: Marky Mark
In post 100, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 87, Marky Mark wrote:Now to get to voting and also respond in doing so to Taylors point in #80 that me calling her out for not engaging with the game is artificial.

What I am basically really scared of is letting people fly under the radar - it's been a long long time since I have played, but the most insidious type of scum to deal with in my previous experiences is the type that just lurks and doesn't post a lot as it is hard to differentiate between this and someone who just generally isn't engaged with the game. What I really don't want to happen is that we end up on D2 or even further and we have no meaningful info to go off on certain players as they haven't said anything of substance in previous days. As such, I am trying to be clear in my thoughts and my intentions and I want to see others do the same - it is in the interests of the town.

Of the players in this game, the ones I am currently finding the most suspicious (with the noteable exception of donki) also happen to be ones that are sitting back and not giving us much to go off.

FOS Taylor

I've covered this already but her general disinterest and lack of explanations is starting to feel anti-town. #80 is a flail and #81 is opportunistic. There is absolutely zero reason not to state E-2 in #81 - it is to the town's benefit to know when someone is within 2 votes of a lynch.

VOTE: Fred

Weaker read than Taylor but potentially more scummy. The lurking combined with the 0 context vote on me as soon as I voice my suspicions of you is fishy. I also feel like my vote will do more on Fred than it will on Taylor as hopefully we will actually get some substance/explanation out of him but they are both looking shady to me right now.
In post 77, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 75, Marky Mark wrote:As alluded to immediately above, I will post my current reads in more detail later and will make a meaningful (non-RVS) vote at the same time but for now:

UNVOTE: Satisfaction

While your logic for voting me seems a little thin, I like the fact that you are analyzing other player's motives for posting and trying to be proactive. Again, this could be scum trying to build a case against me out of nothing, but that is a WIFOM rabbit hole that I am not going to go down right now so I will take this on face value as townish and remove my earlier RVS vote, which has outlived its purpose.
Even then, why unvote?
VOTE: Marky Mark
That's a 0 context vote?
In post 101, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 92, Trendall wrote:
In post 85, Marky Mark wrote:so would be good to hear from him more.
I'm just continuing to vote for Gawr, I dunno if they're gonna come back and say more, and then if they do I'll decide what to do. Lynch on Marky Mark is fine I have no objection to it. Marky Mark's votes just flail around between whoever is 'offering less content' or whatever, and his whole entire posts are just about how people should be generating content and explaining themselves and so on - there was no indication that people weren't going to sorta do this anyway so I don't know if it needed to be said once. So I've read so much about how it's important to generate content, and him signposting exactly what he's doing and how towny it is that I just think 'yeah I don't need to read this any more we can lynch him it's fine'.

Otherwise I think everyone else seems like town other than hessian who piggybacked Marky Mark's sketchy 'generating content' and 'look how town I am' stuff. Plus they both made some rough arguments (Marky Mark in post 27, hessian in post 34). Actually yeah I think one of those two will be the mafia and then yeah maybe Gawr for the other one.
In my opinion, post 27 is a lot stranger than post 34.

That is everything between Mark and Fred. I crossed him out of my sus list because Mark put him so high on the scum scale. I take those words back and vote for him, the rest is up to you. VOTE: Fredrick A Campbell
donkihott
donkihott
Goon
donkihott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:42 am

Post by donkihott »

Btw Satisfaction you won't survive the night, you know that right? :D
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:59 pm

Post by Satisfaction »

In post 292, donkihott wrote:VOTE: Satisfaction E-1 Works for me
Proud you made that happen, eh?
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 336, donkihott wrote:Btw Satisfaction you won't survive the night, you know that right? :D
youre voting for someone youre saying scum is gonna nightkill. donki is scum here. we could have ended this game in 7 pages.
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by Satisfaction »

He's on Fred now.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:35 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

ok but he voted you earlier today and his current vote is on another almost guaranteed townie.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

VOTE: donkihott

L-1
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

In post 321, Satisfaction wrote:
In post 320, donkihott wrote:Do you mean me by that?
No, I was speaking generally about anybody who he clashed with. I was trying to figure out how much weight we should give to analysis based on Mark's "reads."
My take on this is that it is impossible to know what Mark was thinking and thus, we shouldn't be using any of his reads to draw conclusions.
donkihott
donkihott
Goon
donkihott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:08 pm

Post by donkihott »

I'm voting for Fred and saying that Satisfaction is going to die? :D Feel free to kill me I want to see how is it in the private thread of the dead as well.
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:02 am

Post by Satisfaction »

In post 343, donkihott wrote:Feel free to kill me
:yawn:
donkihott
donkihott
Goon
donkihott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:17 am

Post by donkihott »

Watch your back :lol: :lol:
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:32 am

Post by Satisfaction »

You understand the point of the game for townies isn't to stay alive, right? It's not a Battle Royale.
hessian
hessian
Townie
hessian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:03 am

Post by hessian »

I intend to hammer donkihott in 24 hours' time, does anyone object to this/ have any final thoughts to share in case of a mis-elim?
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:06 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

final thought: if it is a mislim and im dead tomorrow, please go for hessian.
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:58 am

Post by Satisfaction »

No objection. Nothing new to add.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”