Newbie 2053 | Primroses | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:27 am

Post by Lunar Martian »

VOTE: Dew
Both this and the Qspaces wagons are at E-2 now.
Dew
Dew
Townie
Dew
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:30 am

Post by Dew »

I think im gonna vote Qspaces for now just to get the ball rolling as Im the only one that hasn't voted yet and some other people are going with this too. Im going to bed now so I may look more into it later but wanted to this before going to bed.
I think im gonna vote Qspaces for now just to get the ball rolling as Im the only one that hasn't voted yet and some other people are going with this too. Im going to bed now so I may look more into it later but wanted to this before going to bed.

VOTE: Qspaces
Dew
Dew
Townie
Dew
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:35 am

Post by Dew »

Woops did my message twice. Also lunar do you have a reason for voting me except for the wagon?
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:40 am

Post by Lunar Martian »

In post 102, Dew wrote:Woops did my message twice. Also lunar do you have a reason for voting me except for the wagon?
At the time I didn't have a very strong reason, just wanted to see what would happen when I tied the wagons up. Now it got very interesting and I'm very happy with my vote.

E-1 btw.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:44 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 102, Dew wrote:Woops did my message twice. Also lunar do you have a reason for voting me except for the wagon?
Just how. Did you copypaste it?

Don't put people on E-1, unless you want them dead.
Wu Wei
Wu Wei
Townie
Wu Wei
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:56 am

Post by Wu Wei »

I'm going to stick with my vote on Dew for now. They haven't done anything really but talk about how they don't know what to do, and they appeared 3 minutes after getting a 3rd vote on to push the competing wagon to E-1. We need more substantive contributions if we want to win as they game goes on.
Wu Wei
Wu Wei
Townie
Wu Wei
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:57 am

Post by Wu Wei »

In post 104, Enchant wrote:
Just how. Did you copypaste it?

Don't put people on E-1, unless you want them dead.
Also, I'm a bit interested in the bolded. I'm not really sure how
part
of a post can duplicate without simply the
entire
post simply double-posting. Looks a lot like a C&P.
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:13 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

Wu Wei what do you think the implications of copy paste are? Like: so what if it is?
Wu Wei
Wu Wei
Townie
Wu Wei
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by Wu Wei »

If it's a C&P, then it was copied from somewhere. Dew doesn't strike me as the type to keep a notes PT or to take notes in their role PM. The one thing keeping me from being dead-set on it being copied from a mafia PT is that I feel the vote itself would be included in the C&P and that wasn't posted twice. It's not that big a deal for me, not nearly as much as the inactivity and reappearing the moment her wagon reached E-2 to push the competing wagon to E-1.
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

Wu Wei have you played on another site prior to this?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:37 pm

Post by Enchant »

When doublepost, you get two posts with same message. This is one post with two messages. So, how? Did you write it twice or just copied?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 101, Dew wrote:I think im gonna vote Qspaces for now just to get the ball rolling as Im the only one that hasn't voted yet and some other people are going with this too. Im going to bed now so I may look more into it later but wanted to this before going to bed.

VOTE: Qspaces
I'm skeptical of the casual tone here - you're really putting them at -1 "just to get the ball rolling"? Nothing to do with them being the biggest alternative wagon?
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:19 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 103, Lunar Martian wrote:
At the time I didn't have a very strong reason, just wanted to see what would happen when I tied the wagons up. Now it got very interesting and I'm very happy with my vote.

E-1 btw.
Do you have any reads?
Im a dog that quacks
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

In post 112, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 103, Lunar Martian wrote:

E-1 btw.
Do you have any reads?
You are quoting a post where I'm stating a read, but I have others, too.
endlessdark
endlessdark
Goon
endlessdark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:16 pm

Post by endlessdark »

Dew and Qspaces are unlikely partners, given Dew's vote there, bringing Qspaces to E-1.
endlessdark
endlessdark
Goon
endlessdark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:25 pm

Post by endlessdark »

In post 114, endlessdark wrote:Dew and Qspaces are unlikely partners, given Dew's vote there, bringing Qspaces to E-1.
Especially given that they're both approaching elimination. I feel like it'd be extremely unlikely that if you're (Dew in this case) approaching elimination you'd start bussing your partner (Qspaces) who is also getting votes.
endlessdark
endlessdark
Goon
endlessdark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:53 pm

Post by endlessdark »

In post 105, Wu Wei wrote:I'm going to stick with my vote on Dew for now. They haven't done anything really but talk about how they don't know what to do, and they appeared 3 minutes after getting a 3rd vote on to push the competing wagon to E-1. We need more substantive contributions if we want to win as they game goes on.
Dew is new and I think in her situation it sounds right not to know what to do on day 1. This combined with your nitpicking of the double text in her post makes me suspect you're trying to push an easy elimination on her. I can't see double text being relevant and can easily be explained by her copying message in case she edits but then changes her mind and pastes back (or anything similar).
endlessdark
endlessdark
Goon
endlessdark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:55 pm

Post by endlessdark »

The fact that Dew didn't try to make up a reason for voting Qspaces, but instead simply said she doesn't know what to do and joined the bandwagon is not a maf behavior, I think. That is not to say it is helpful to town what she's doing, but doesn't sound disingenuous.
endlessdark
endlessdark
Goon
endlessdark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by endlessdark »

In post 97, Battle Mage wrote:some thoughts:

On balance, Wu Wei is probably the towniest player. I don't necessarily think he stands his ground as strongly as he did, as scum, especially after Prism repped out. Seems a relatively high-risk, low-reward play as scum anyway (just put them in the spotlight, no chance to buddy someone, not really protecting anyone).
Endlessdark is basically in the same place as me on suspects.
Enchant is quiet but that's more their town meta than scum meta.
Dew feels fairly genuine.
Cook is very quiet here, wouldn't be surprised if he was scum.
I'm very wary of the 2 other SE slots (Wheme and Lunar) - their interaction doesn't make a lot of sense and stands out.

So I'm gonna say 2 scum within: Wheme, Lunar, Cook and Qspaces
Sorry for spamming many posts. I just wanted to say I like this sharing of current thoughts. I am a little bit wary of townreading Battle Mage for the simple reason that he's experienced and I expect that he can fool me, but so far his behavior feels protown.
Dew
Dew
Townie
Dew
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:48 am

Post by Dew »

Looking back to it that wasn't the best idea. First about the double message: yes I did copy my message as I was on mobile, and I didn't want to lose my message. I wanted to look how you could vote and searched the voting prompt, pasted my message and I didn't realize it was already there. I understand that it can be weird, but it is also interesting how easily people jump on that. Also looking back at my post my wording wasn't the best either with "Just getting the ball rolling" I just wanted to vote as well as I didn't do that yet. Qspaces had one of the biggest wagons and I could see why she would be pretty sus, so I thought "why not vote her just for  now" but I didn't realize voting now already has  significantly more impact than before especially with the E-1 so that wasn't the best idea and Isn't helping me or town at all. I also want to say that I didn't see Lunar Martians post before replying. I hope Qspaces comes online again so I can look more into that.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:57 am

Post by Enchant »

Eh? What you mean by jumping, i just wondered how you did that.

Mafia have habit to carefully read what they read, so these mistakes rare.
Dew
Dew
Townie
Dew
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:06 am

Post by Dew »

Again not the right words, but I just thought it was "cool" to see people speculate about what could've happened. So I agree that isn't jumping.
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:43 am

Post by WhemeStar »

Anyone fine with a lunar wagon
Im a dog that quacks
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:50 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 115, endlessdark wrote:
In post 114, endlessdark wrote:Dew and Qspaces are unlikely partners, given Dew's vote there, bringing Qspaces to E-1.
Especially given that they're both approaching elimination. I feel like it'd be extremely unlikely that if you're (Dew in this case) approaching elimination you'd start bussing your partner (Qspaces) who is also getting votes.
Yes I agree, defo not partners.
In post 116, endlessdark wrote:
In post 105, Wu Wei wrote:I'm going to stick with my vote on Dew for now. They haven't done anything really but talk about how they don't know what to do, and they appeared 3 minutes after getting a 3rd vote on to push the competing wagon to E-1. We need more substantive contributions if we want to win as they game goes on.
Dew is new and I think in her situation it sounds right not to know what to do on day 1. This combined with your nitpicking of the double text in her post makes me suspect you're trying to push an easy elimination on her. I can't see double text being relevant and can easily be explained by her copying message in case she edits but then changes her mind and pastes back (or anything similar).
maybe but you'd be surprised how often stuff like that happens when copy-pasting from scum chats. I know one player who did the same mistake 3 times in 1 game as scum. :lol:
In post 117, endlessdark wrote:The fact that Dew didn't try to make up a reason for voting Qspaces, but instead simply said she doesn't know what to do and joined the bandwagon is not a maf behavior, I think. That is not to say it is helpful to town what she's doing, but doesn't sound disingenuous.
Hmm I'd have said they sounded pretty disingenuous when claiming that the vote was "just getting the ball rolling" etc.
In post 119, Dew wrote:Looking back to it that wasn't the best idea. First about the double message: yes I did copy my message as I was on mobile, and I didn't want to lose my message. I wanted to look how you could vote and searched the voting prompt, pasted my message and I didn't realize it was already there. I understand that it can be weird, but it is also interesting how easily people jump on that. Also looking back at my post my wording wasn't the best either with "Just getting the ball rolling" I just wanted to vote as well as I didn't do that yet. Qspaces had one of the biggest wagons and I could see why she would be pretty sus, so I thought "why not vote her just for  now" but I didn't realize voting now already has  significantly more impact than before especially with the E-1 so that wasn't the best idea and Isn't helping me or town at all. I also want to say that I didn't see Lunar Martians post before replying. I hope Qspaces comes online again so I can look more into that.
In recognition of all of this...no unvote?

VOTE: Dew

Not a lock but on balance I prefer this to Qspaces. I think that's E-1.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:47 am

Post by Lunar Martian »

In post 122, WhemeStar wrote:Anyone fine with a lunar wagon
You don't like either of the current wagons? Why not?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”