Newbie 2053 | Primroses | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:17 pm

Post by Enchant »

Dew is also dead, because i hammered him. You probably should read game before thoughs.
Foxxi
Foxxi
Townie
Foxxi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:10 am

Post by Foxxi »

UNVOTE: Enchant
VOTE: Cook

I would like a claim from you Cook.

E-1
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:32 am

Post by Cook »

VT.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:13 am

Post by Nahdia »

Vote Count 2.04

Cook (3):
Battle Mage, endlessdark, Foxxi
endlessdark (1):
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster (1):
Cook

Battle Mage (0):
Amélie

Enchant (0):
Cook
Foxxi

Not Voting (2):
Enchant,
endlessdark
, Amélie

Deadline is in
(expired on 2021-02-19 19:45:00)
, at which point we will default to no elimination.

With seven players alive, it takes
four
to reach majority.

Note:
noooooooooooothing
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
endlessdark
endlessdark
Goon
endlessdark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:43 am

Post by endlessdark »

In post 224, Enchant wrote:
In post 222, Amélie wrote:
In post 217, endlessdark wrote:WhemeStar was lynched, silly.
I wasn't aware of this but I've just noted this.
Star died at night. What lynch?
In post 218, endlessdark wrote:Sorry, killed*
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:15 am

Post by Battle Mage »

UNVOTE:

to give me a chance to catch up
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:21 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 207, Cook wrote:BM, who do you think is best candidates for a town block right now, and, if so, who should you want to block on to?
the first part of that (maybe unintentionally) reads as "hey BM, who do you think is the other mason?" So, no comment. :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 208, Cookie Monster wrote: I would prefer to eliminate endless as I scum read them the most
In post 209, endlessdark wrote:Enchant, Cook, and BM are the players who have 2 or more foses on them, I suggest sticking to those players when voting.
this pinged me. 'Anyone but me' mindset from endlessdark.
In post 209, endlessdark wrote: On another topic -- is it normal for so many players to be replaced? It's hard to follow the game when half of the players have been replaced and you need to restart to the context in which you read them.
it's pretty unusual in a game of this pace, and yeah I agree it's not ideal.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:39 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 210, Amélie wrote:Good morning! This game caught my attention a couple days ago and I'm happy to get a chance to be in it. I'm not caught up but before I get into my normal post by post analysis, I would like to say that I support this Cook wagon and I believe Cook is scum. I won't vote yet for the sake of not ending the day too early but that is where my reads lie currently. I'll be back with more content heavy posts after work.
hi! sorry for mistakenly elimming you in our last game - won't happen again! :lol:
In post 213, Cook wrote:VOTE:
Cook
ie Monster

There can only be one.
In post 214, Foxxi wrote:I took a peek at the suggested game, and I can see what you are getting at BM. Are you suspecting Cook is trying to play off not caring about an elimination to buy town points then?

And Cook, what do you have to say about the argument BM is making regarding how quiet you have been in comparison to your previous game?
I don't know - it feels more like he's just given up, which doesn't really make sense from a game standpoint (scum in a good position). In my last newbie game scum did similar though and basically threw when they were the top 2 suspects, so maybe it's like Cook-Enchant or Cook-Endless? Or maybe that's what he wants us to think...
In post 215, Cook wrote:
In post 214, Foxxi wrote:I took a peek at the suggested game, and I can see what you are getting at BM. Are you suspecting Cook is trying to play off not caring about an elimination to buy town points then?

And Cook, what do you have to say about the argument BM is making regarding how quiet you have been in comparison to your previous game?
I believe it's entirely a justified argument, however, I'd like to point out I was a Doc in that previous game, and therefore was informed slightly of the setup, had a use in actively fighting the scum team besides dayplay (which, I'd argue, is much more powerful of a motivator to play a game – having something that the other players don't), which is definitely not my strong suit, and also consequentially had a reason to play much more.
that is true.
In post 216, Amélie wrote:
In post 12, Qspaces wrote:VOTE: endlessdark
Endlessdark seem intimidating.
Out of all of the RVS posts, this one stuck out because the vote came with reasoning that just doesn't make sense to me but it could just be some joke that I didn't understand.
In post 36, WhemeStar wrote:Anyone else on prism bandwagon?? Only need 2 more to depart!
This is quite rushed. It is page 2 and you are rushing an elimination and I find that to be a big problem.
In post 56, Wu Wei wrote:
In post 55, Battle Mage wrote:there wasn't a legitimate alignment-indicative reason for lurking in the first place.
You should perhaps consider this option a bit more heavily.
In post 46, Prism wrote:You know exactly why I am avoiding the thread and why I take issue with it, but I cannot explain beyond what I just said via the ruleset, and you know this and are exploiting it.
I think this is probably true. What I'm not sure of yet is whether this is alignment indicative or simply highlight's overaggression in BM's playstyle.
In post 40, Prism wrote:not moving my random vote atm even though you're tempting.
I agree with BM that this is interesting though. Care to elaborate on the reluctance to move your vote Prism?
I don't like going too far into my predecessor and their posts' analysis but I think Wuwei and Battle Mage both have very townie responses to her. Battle Mage is quite confident she is scum over some fairly small reasons which I find comes from town more because scum are more likely to try to find stronger reasons. Wuwei has a very natural town thought process that flows with his thoughts.
In post 70, WhemeStar wrote:VOTE: qspaces

i like this
I think I see a pattern in the posts that I am finding scummy. WhemeStar is catching my attention a lot.

Town: Battle Mage,
Wu Wei
Null: Qspaces
Scum: Whemestar
this is brilliant :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

endlessdark
endlessdark
Goon
endlessdark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:46 am

Post by endlessdark »

In post 232, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 208, Cookie Monster wrote: I would prefer to eliminate endless as I scum read them the most
In post 209, endlessdark wrote:Enchant, Cook, and BM are the players who have 2 or more foses on them, I suggest sticking to those players when voting.
I'd certainly prefer not to die.
endlessdark
endlessdark
Goon
endlessdark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:48 am

Post by endlessdark »

On a more serious note, do you think there's substantial suspicion of me at this point to warrant discussing my elimination? It's in the best interest of town not too diffuse attention too much, and especially now that we have 1 day left. At this point, I wouldn't say you're a candidate either, BM, and it's between Enchant and Cook.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:49 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 220, endlessdark wrote:
In post 215, Cook wrote:

I believe it's entirely a justified argument, however, I'd like to point out I was a Doc in that previous game, and therefore was informed slightly of the setup, had a use in actively fighting the scum team besides dayplay (which, I'd argue, is much more powerful of a motivator to play a game – having something that the other players don't), which is definitely not my strong suit, and also consequentially had a reason to play much more.
Not buying this. Doc might help motivate you, but the difference between the two games is too much. There was no effort this game at all from you to help town. Hell, your last vote was completely random.
eh, that's a valid argument too. Yeah I still think it's probably Cook on balance, partly because I don't want to lose to Cook-scum who didn't even try.

In other news, Amelie's analysis of endlessdark was V good and seemed to come from a town mindset.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:52 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 234, endlessdark wrote:
In post 232, Battle Mage wrote:
I'd certainly prefer not to die.
There's a difference between normal wanting to stay alive and a mindset of not really caring who gets elimmed, as long as it isn't you. Scum are generally more survival-focussed (it's literally their wincon) than town.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:54 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 235, endlessdark wrote:On a more serious note, do you think there's substantial suspicion of me at this point to warrant discussing my elimination? It's in the best interest of town not too diffuse attention too much, and especially now that we have 1 day left. At this point, I wouldn't say you're a candidate either, BM, and it's between Enchant and Cook.
Slow down Mr Defensive...I wasn't discussing your elimination, I was just giving my thoughts as I catch up. :eek: I said you scumpinged me once and I thought Amelie's observations on you had some merit - neither of which amounts to seriously considering you for an elim.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:57 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 225, Enchant wrote:Dew is also dead, because i hammered him. You probably should read game before thoughs.
lol this is town. :lol: enchant-scum is significantly more measured and cautious. And I don't think scum ever posts something as antagonistic as this when they are potentially on the chopping block.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 227, Cook wrote:VT.
not much else you could claim really :lol:

ok fine I think we do Cook today, and look at likely partners tomorrow based on their approach to him (as there isn't much to go on from Cook to others).

Show

Nightkilled - 10

Amélie
Amélie
Goon
Amélie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:12 am

Post by Amélie »

I request that no one votes Cook until I am caught up because if the thread is locked, quoting posts is much more difficult and I have to click the pm button and copy paste it.

Enchant, that's quite rude. I am commenting as I read the thread.
Why is it so easy to kill our happiness but so hard to kill our sadness?
Amélie
Amélie
Goon
Amélie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:24 am

Post by Amélie »

In post 127, endlessdark wrote:
In post 123, Battle Mage wrote: maybe but you'd be surprised how often stuff like that happens when copy-pasting from scum chats. I know one player who did the same mistake 3 times in 1 game as scum. :lol:
Lol, I have no experience with such situations, didn't know that was a thing. I find it weird that somebody would copy paste from another chat.
In post 123, Battle Mage wrote: Hmm I'd have said they sounded pretty disingenuous when claiming that the vote was "just getting the ball rolling" etc.
In post 123, Battle Mage wrote: In recognition of all of this...no unvote?
Maybe I'm naive but Dew's behavior is still to me an indicator of newbieness more than alignment, I don't think they're an optimal elimination.

Cook, I'd like to hear more from you. At this point it's antitown to be lurking as much as you are. Even if your reads are weak, it'd be helpful to share whatever thoughts you have or what intuition tells you.
I continue to think there is something very unnatural about endless darkness. Knowing what we know and assuming that cook is scum, this post feels like tmi.
In post 129, endlessdark wrote:
In post 128, Lunar Martian wrote: Why do you think Dew is newbie rather than scummy? Do you think Cook is scummy for lurking or just anti-town?
Because Dew's behavior looks more clumsy than calculated to me.

Cook's lurking is anti town, but currently not indicative of alignment. His early posts were leaning a bit scummy, though, as they were filler.
This makes endlessdark look extremely self conscious of his scum buddy, presumably Cook.
In post 133, Cook wrote:My attention is divided right now and I haven't been able to get into this game so far.

Default to hammering me if there's no other good eliminations.

That C+V is a bit strange, I'll be honest, but it's forgivable.
I'm pretty certain this is not town because I don't think town ever says things like or similar to this. I can understand town being upset, desperate, or mad but just doing nothing to help the game move forward and repeating that they are willing tot be the default hammer is not something I think town would do.
In post 146, endlessdark wrote:VOTE: Battle Mage

Given your experience, Battle Mage, you should've known Dew wasn't the optimal vote. Your responses to her didn't at all seem to consider that the fact she was new affected her actions.
This is just a bad vote with even worse reasoning behind it. I am inclined to say the scum team is endless dark and Cook at this point.
In post 149, Battle Mage wrote:VOTE: Enchant

my hero solve is Enchant-Cook - Enchant for the weird hammer and Cook for seeming a bit subdued.
I do not agree with this solve but I can understand where it comes from.
In post 174, Cookie Monster wrote:This is where I’m going to vote
VOTE: endlessdark
I had problems with Qspaces a while ago but this vote is definitely a good look for that slot.
In post 181, Cook wrote:prodded.

I don't trust BM entirely but go ahead with eliminating me if you need someone at deadline.
Another one of these posts is very alarming and confirms Cook as scum in my opinion.
In post 182, Foxxi wrote:Alright. First of all, hello! I'm going to admit it's a bit strange to be filling the body of another player - something I have never done before. I am not new to mafia as a game, but I am new to playing here on these forums. With that in mind - I have figured out most of the changes in terminology except I am uncertain on "townblock". Is this the same thing as "towncore" - a group of accepted and considered "confirmed" town?

I am compiling my own reads on everyone - but it is almost 1am and I have to be in bed; so I will return tomorrow with them.
In post 189, Foxxi wrote:oops. Please disregard that quote. I was trying to figure out what the coding for the vote tag was and did not realize it hadn't been deleted since I hit the back button
I am getting lost with replacements but I'll comment more on foxxi after I figure out who they replaced. But seeing that Foxxi is fairly new and one of their first posts is a reads list very similar to enchants formatting wise, I think they are town that is trying to learn how to make reads lists and be organized.

Town: Battle Mage, Wu Wei, Enchant
Null: Cookie monster
Scum: endlessdark, Cook
Amélie
Amélie
Goon
Amélie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:35 am

Post by Amélie »

In post 194, Foxxi wrote:
In post 190, Enchant wrote:
In post 188, Foxxi wrote: Enchant:

Analysis: The thing that stands out the most to me here is that he asked Dew who she thought was mafia, and never even gave her a chance to reply. He got one vote, and then hammered Dew. Interestingly Qspaces was at E-1 for something like 3 days without Enchant doing to him what he did to Dew with only one day at E-1. I don’t particularly buy the “don’t put people at E-1” advice as a town read myself either. I have done and said similar things as scum many times - it is easy advice to spew for empty town points. Like many of us here, Enchant is also a newer player but this interaction is the scummiest to me.
Why not hammering Qspaces surprise you?
I didn’t say it surprised me. I said it was interesting. You hammered Dew with no warning, and only one vote on yourself, and let Qspaces sit at E-1. If one of you is scum; it’s possible the other is as well.
Ok I just realized that Foxxi replaced Wu Wei so that is already a very good look. About this post, I liked it a lot and I think this is a possibility that we must go over if Cook flips town here which I don't think he will but if he really does, this is something we need to consider as a possibility.
In post 206, Battle Mage wrote:I am on board with Enchant's play being scummy, BUT having played a couple games with them, this does feel much more reminiscent of their town-game than their scum-game. Unnecessarily salty and defensive. Head says scum, heart says town.
Listen to your heart. I believe Enchant is town here because I feel no agenda behind his posts and no strong purpose.
In post 213, Cook wrote:VOTE:
Cook
ie Monster

There can only be one.
If Cook is town, I will be very surprised given these very scummy posts that belong in RVS more than anywhere else.
In post 215, Cook wrote:

I do not believe this is an argument in your favor. Town prs like to talk a little less to avoid getting seen by scum.
In post 220, endlessdark wrote:
In post 215, Cook wrote:

Not buying this. Doc might help motivate you, but the difference between the two games is too much. There was no effort this game at all from you to help town. Hell, your last vote was completely random.
I really like this post from endless dark which is making me reconsider whether or not I was too quick to call him scum. I'll lift him to null for now.
In post 239, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 225, Enchant wrote:Dew is also dead, because i hammered him. You probably should read game before thoughs.
lol this is town. :lol: enchant-scum is significantly more measured and cautious. And I don't think scum ever posts something as antagonistic as this when they are potentially on the chopping block.
I definitely agree with this.

Town: Foxxi, Enchant, Battle Mage
Null: Cookie monster, endlessdark
Scum: Cook
Amélie
Amélie
Goon
Amélie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:38 am

Post by Amélie »

After a little bit more thought, I will be dropping Battle Mage because I feel his recent posting has been a little worrisome.
Town: Foxxi, Enchant
Null: Cookie monster, endlessdark, Battle Mage
Scum: Cook

I feel like I am ready to end the day. I believe Cook is scum and maybe this game will have more energy after a scum flip.
That is the hammer.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:49 am

Post by Battle Mage »

what about my posting is worrisome?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Amélie
Amélie
Goon
Amélie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:08 am

Post by Amélie »

It has felt like you wanted to stop the Cook wagon.
Amélie
Amélie
Goon
Amélie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:10 am

Post by Amélie »

That might be an exaggeration but it feels like you have some hesitancy towards Cook and I do not understand why.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:44 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 241, Amélie wrote:I request that no one votes Cook until I am caught up because if the thread is locked, quoting posts is much more difficult and I have to click the pm button and copy paste it.

Enchant, that's quite rude. I am commenting as I read the thread.
Sorry, but you say you noticed this game before replacement and already jumped with reasons to call Cook mafia. So, you pointed you read game even before.

Which is really looking strange, because you also didn't notice two obvious things happened. Which really point you didn't properly read even first post, where moderator posts who died. It's understandable, but again, you already agreed with Cook being mafia, for which you need evidence.

I don't want being rude, just point that.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:55 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 247, Amélie wrote:That might be an exaggeration but it feels like you have some hesitancy towards Cook and I do not understand why.
Yeah I think a little hesitancy is fair - I guess I didn't really get a scummy vibe from the way he just sort of, gave up and didn't fight at all. Like I said, it's explainable by either resignation (because him and his partner don't fancy their chances) or, less likely, complacency (he thinks his partner is so good they will win without him). Which I guess is the contrast I pointed out with Endlessdark. Endlessdark is extremely concerned with his own survival, Cook couldn't care less. Initially I also bought his point about being less motivated because he didn't have a PR, but Endlessdark was right to highlight the significant contrast between his play here and in newbie 2052 which suggest that isn't a strong enough explanation.

Nothing wrong with being prudent and taking more time to consider everything anyway. :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”