newbie 2060: creatures, game ofer

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ivyeo
Ivyeo
Goon
Ivyeo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:25 am

Post by Ivyeo »

In post 790, Lukewarm wrote:alone
Fun Fact, I didn't get a single reply in mafia chat from Saudade T.T
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:27 am

Post by fferyllt »

Luke, its a natural tendency to think that being scumread has to come from scum. my advice is to find ways to detect that you are tunneling
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:27 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 464, Ivyeo wrote:
In post 418, fferyllt wrote: ^^ I townread this when I did my first readthrough, especially where she was talking about her reads. I felt like she was showing her analysis, and although it's not really deep analysis, there's definitely some thinking-through that seems efforty for newbscum.

but video mafia for a few weeks, depending on frequency could be a fair bit of game experience even though video/in person is fast and pretty different from text based/forum mafia with long game days.
Played maybe 4 or 5 games a week for a month or two, but each gaame was also a "mini mafia" game which was fast even for video mafia, I just couldn't really keep up with it and felt more like I was just bringing my team down. So I do have experience, but I don't think it really relates here.

As for the consistency, it's consistent in that something about it just sorta felt off
I come in and go from a null read to a POE scumread within a page and the comment it elicited was something about if I was going to put her at E-1.
(idk how to do the qoute thing where you break it into multiple statements so ig I'll just use quote blocks)
I can assure you there is a reason I was asking about e-1, I wanted to know if I should claim sooner rather than later so town knows if I'm VT or PR
In post 434, Demainer wrote: Ivy's inactivity could be fatalism, or deliberate.
Mostly like, a fuckton of things all coming up these past few days and aaaaaaaa. Still trying to keep up and read though.

As for my vote, Demainer still appears the most likely scum for me. Most of the points I made earlier still being my opinion. FF has shown at times to being pushing for a handful of people at once, but they still seem to be looking for the scummiest of them all.
In post 845, fferyllt wrote:
In post 844, unwnd wrote:I took a deep sigh and I think I might just wait for Egix too, because I actually had an adversely negative reaction to that post
Luke's post?

The emotion in that post is so close to how I feel about this game.

I'm going to keep working through the data from your slot. Bell next, and then your posts.
This is the moment where I finally softened to the idea that you were town. You feeling the same way, while unwnd didn't. Made me think "Maybe unwnd has a partner, but ffery doesnt."

Like I started thinking that, but then Clasko came in and said that I was his number one scum read, and that broke me
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:27 am

Post by Lukewarm »

opps mis-quoted somehow?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:28 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Meant to have these two
In post 843, fferyllt wrote: I love this post.

I don't want to love it.

But I do.
In post 845, fferyllt wrote:
In post 844, unwnd wrote:I took a deep sigh and I think I might just wait for Egix too, because I actually had an adversely negative reaction to that post
Luke's post?

The emotion in that post is so close to how I feel about this game.

I'm going to keep working through the data from your slot. Bell next, and then your posts.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:29 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 925, Ivyeo wrote:
In post 790, Lukewarm wrote:alone
Fun Fact, I didn't get a single reply in mafia chat from Saudade T.T
ewww
I'm sorry. And coming from a SE mafia partner in a newbie game too :(
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:31 am

Post by fferyllt »

that's awful. good on you not letting it bring you down, Ivy.

Idic
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:31 am

Post by unwnd »

I think your tunnel was righteous for all the wrong reasons. Even if I'm the one who technically secured victory, I genuinely think you played well in terms of being comprehensible. You made some posts that I just looked at thought 'fuck me, there's no way I can break that down' so I would just turn it around and ask a loaded question.

Ffery is right though, but I still have empathy for you. It's so frustrating when you think you have the right idea and it's just yourself telling you so. FFery was the only person who was really entertaining your tunnel and it's easy to think 'oh well, they're just responding because I have them cornered'.
Stop
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:32 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 926, fferyllt wrote:Luke, its a natural tendency to think that being scumread has to come from scum. my advice is to find ways to detect that you are tunneling
That is not quite what I meant. It wasn't, you scum read me, so you are scum. It was "I can think of a path to victory if I have a pool of 4 suspects but not 5." Once you started to convince others that I was possibly scum, I did not think I could leave myself out of the pool of suspects anymore, so I moved Ivy out
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:35 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 927, Lukewarm wrote:This is the moment where I finally softened to the idea that you were town. You feeling the same way, while unwnd didn't. Made me think "Maybe unwnd has a partner, but ffery doesnt."

Like I started thinking that, but then Clasko came in and said that I was his number one scum read, and that broke me
I think that if Egix had not fingered me as his scum read, I would have come around to a vote on Unwnd. Unwnd was really convincing me that they had to be scum for keeping the "maybe it could be luke+ivy" theory afloat. like I could not imagine town unwnd not assuming fferry was scum.

But then Egix said his top scum read was me, and my brain really did break at that point lol
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:38 am

Post by fferyllt »

I should have been more adamant on bell, but the strength and weakness of my play is that I look for reasons to think players are either alignment. I really needed to stand firm on that read and I didn't.

I don't think egix was saying that, though I could be wrong. he switched to scumreading you, but I'm not sure who he was planning to vote.

Idic
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:38 am

Post by Lukewarm »

This does mean that literally all of my reads all game were incorrect.
Day 1, my top team was Clasko+Where
Day 2 before cop claim, Demainer Clasko
Day 2 after top claim, fferyllt + demainer
Day 3 "I am only sure on fferylly"

Hahaha
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:40 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 793, Egix96 wrote:Progress update: I have made notes on the first 15 pages so far.
I was feeling tempted to just spoiler them all and say "No Peeking" but nah, people would just be cheeky and look anyway.
What I will say, though, is that there's a certain person I've talked myself into thinking is scum. It's figuring out who's the other one that's the harder part.
In post 854, Egix96 wrote: Tl;dr that person was Luke.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:44 am

Post by Lukewarm »

@Ivy Did you and Bell discuss that fferylly vote in the mafia chat? Would love to know the reasoning behind that one.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:49 am

Post by fferyllt »

luke and ivy, I hope you both are planning to more at MS! you're both challenging to play with!

I'm curious about why Ahri was the N1 kill. I thought it pointed to Saudade.

peedit. it's a scum read, not an intent. you had time and opportunity to change his mind.

you put it on yourself to solve/save the game. understandable.

it's a team game even though as town we don't know for sure who our team is. you knew egix was a teammate, even if that was the only certainty.

for myself I put trust in him doing his best to figure things out, and didn't give up until you voted me.

Idic
Ivyeo
Ivyeo
Goon
Ivyeo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by Ivyeo »

In post 938, Lukewarm wrote:@Ivy Did you and Bell discuss that fferylly vote in the mafia chat? Would love to know the reasoning behind that one.
Vaguely,
To Quote Bell:
"All we can do is out voice FF and Lukewarm and Push for Demainer, Lukewarm and FF."
They were pretty sure FF would be the one to do us in, so we just wanted to push for her, "clearly in a way that appeals to Egix and Clasko."
Ivyeo
Ivyeo
Goon
Ivyeo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:07 pm

Post by Ivyeo »

In post 939, fferyllt wrote: I'm curious about why Ahri was the N1 kill. I thought it pointed to Saudade.
Sadude said "Ahri is Pr, Kill her" and that was it
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:27 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 941, Ivyeo wrote:
In post 939, fferyllt wrote: I'm curious about why Ahri was the N1 kill. I thought it pointed to Saudade.
Sadude said "Ahri is Pr, Kill her" and that was it
That was my guess. because of Ahri's post
In post 270, Ahri wrote:hey newer players i'll probably post a full death message upon 5 hours but if you're planning on hammering me b4 then just type smth like

INTENT TO HAMMER

or smth so I can post it b4 then

not a pr soft don't read into it
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:45 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 939, fferyllt wrote:it's a team game even though as town we don't know for sure who our team is
Yeah, on the last day it just really felt like I did not have a team. It got in my head
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:09 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 943, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 939, fferyllt wrote:it's a team game even though as town we don't know for sure who our team is
Yeah, on the last day it just really felt like I did not have a team. It got in my head
I get that. I mean, egix's spoilered wall worried me too, because he was partnering my slot with Saudade -- both endless's posts and mine. I didn't feel like his townread of me was holding up. But, I still held fast to the fact that we had a confirmed town who could look at the game from outside the fray. It's not an easy situation to be in, as confirmed town with nobody you're really willing to completely townbin.

Anyway, this is advice to myself as much as you. Sometimes you gotta trust the process, and trust that the other town in the game will be able to figure you out if you just wear your heart on your sleeve and keep trying to figure things out. Sometimes, that's enough to pin the game on.

It's a strange sort of sliding scale. The first day of the game, town has a lot of combined control over the way day goes, but individually not so much, except for the occasional charismatic player. As the game progresses, town's combined control decreases, and individual town players start to have a bigger impact, simply because the field has shrunk.

Today, scum coasted and waited for a town error, which was soooo likely to happen given all our mutual (mis)reads.

Idic
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 944, fferyllt wrote:Today, scum coasted and waited for a town error, which was soooo likely to happen given all our mutual (mis)reads
It is oddly comforting that the other town players also all had misreads.

Wheme went down with a "Scum are in luke ivy demainer endless"
Demainer had Ivy/ff
Clasko said his prefered vote was fferyllt
Egix has me on his scum team
You had me+unwnd
I had you+unwnd

So there was no one that I can look back to and be like "why didn't I just listen to them?"
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:56 pm

Post by Bell »

Hi. Good job everybody.

Sorry about repping in only to rep out schadd, that was thoughtless of me.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:01 pm

Post by Bell »

Oh, I voted FF at the end because I thought it would fit for me as town, due to ego to vote scum on the way out. Giving a leg up to my replacement.

It did not work out that way. :( it was a misplay.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:06 pm

Post by Bell »

Oh, unwnd got it. It was totally an anti-hero vote.
Except actually it was clumsy and dumb. Teehee.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:09 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I'm just really glad you weren't town. I was going to have to burn my town-Bell model to the ground, and start over if you were.

Idic

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”