Newbie 2085 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:09 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 797, fferyllt wrote:
In post 794, WINfried wrote:I was talking about the game...
So was I.

Is there a reason for me to talk to you? I have my read of you, and short of you tattooing "I'm Scum" on your forehead suddenly that read isn't likely to change in the next 24 hours.

You are reading a nonexistent tattoo on my forehead and that read is also not likely to change in the next 24 hours.

I'm generally not unreasonable player, but I see very little benefit to town in throwing a lot of posts at you atm.
But, if you have questions for me, or want to discuss other players with me I'm happy to do that.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
WINfried
WINfried
Goon
WINfried
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:12 pm

Post by WINfried »

In post 788, fferyllt wrote:
So you read three more pages?

What's your plan for catching up?
that's a pretty town post btw.
WINfried
WINfried
Goon
WINfried
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:13 pm

Post by WINfried »

In post 765, frogsfrogs wrote:
WINfried, Laplacian : Solid Townreads

Fferyllt, Tejate : Feeling good about them

T3 : Feeling ok about, but they're not caught up yet

Save The Dragons : Do not even know anymore. Scum I GUESS.

Not Known 15 : Scum. Still not super confident about it

MegAzumarill : PR claim, intentionally not ranked
In post 786, frogsfrogs wrote:VOTE: Save The Dragons

I'll definitely check back in tomorrow and think about moving my vote. A fresh day start in this game will be so nice lol, can't wait.

I wonder how this makes you feel.
WINfried
WINfried
Goon
WINfried
Goon
Goon

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:14 pm

Post by WINfried »

I wonder more how it makes t3 feel but if he ain't there I'll take your opinion too.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:18 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Regretful.

This day didn't have to turn out like it has, but this slot is pretty damn tattered at this point.

I expect there's probably a 1-on, 1-off situation with my wagon, but I cannot think in teamsolve mode without more data.

How do you think scum would be positioning around town-me today?

Idic
WINfried
WINfried
Goon
WINfried
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:22 pm

Post by WINfried »

I don't think they have a reason to care what happens to town you. either you are gone, then town loses an active and experienced player, or you stay, then we'd have this tomorrow:
WINfried
WINfried
Goon
WINfried
Goon
Goon

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:23 pm

Post by WINfried »

So they'd probably spread out.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:29 pm

Post by fferyllt »

That's part of what I'm wondering, but I also wonder about scum concerns regarding getting splashed by a last will and testament. Which is something that experienced scum would worry more about, probably. Particularly scum who know me by either experience or reputation.

Most of the new players in this game look like they have a fair bit of transferable mafia experience, but that doesn't translate to experience with/about me, unless they're in a PT with a scum player who does have that experience.

The murk is pretty thick and I don't always develop great reads under existential pressure. But, I do have a reputation.

Idic
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:30 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

I am here and watching
won't commit to a wagon yet
Imprefection is the spice of life.
WINfried
WINfried
Goon
WINfried
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:33 pm

Post by WINfried »

I didn't really wanna talk about this but basically since my townread on him all frogs is giving me is creepy vibes and the feeling of being pocketed. But as I'm buying for now that meg is town i kinda had to give their pitch a serious consideration.
WINfried
WINfried
Goon
WINfried
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:34 pm

Post by WINfried »

And his mood seemed to be eerily lightening up since we discovered a cop too.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:39 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Are you implying you have some suspicions about frogs being a possible scum?
WINfried
WINfried
Goon
WINfried
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:40 pm

Post by WINfried »

I am currently entertaining the idea as frogs as scum and prism/nk15 being his potential buddy yes.
WINfried
WINfried
Goon
WINfried
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:42 pm

Post by WINfried »

both prism and frogs generated early game towntells by going into minute details about binatogs prior games. could have been a case of shared info in PT
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:44 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Well, this might be the last time any of us currently in the thread have a chance to discuss it before we have to hammer and one of us possibly dies at night, so I say we continue this avenue while we wait for the others to think about their vote.

I did mention I was suspicious of their voting pattern, but that might be me seeing shadows where there aren't any. I've seen plenty of town with scuffed voting patterns. This is interesting, though.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:46 pm

Post by fferyllt »

WINfried wrote:I didn't really wanna talk about this but basically since my townread on him all frogs is giving me is creepy vibes and the feeling of being pocketed. But as I'm buying for now that meg is town i kinda had to give their pitch a serious consideration.
Tejate's pulled his slot out of the muck from my perspective.

I still feel like frogs immediately dropping his scumread of my slot is more likely to come from town than scum. I think scum would have wanted to see how town reacted first.

Laplacian hasn't moved and I don't think he can move up in my list. Just lots of odd little ishy reactions, but when he's challenged his responses always feel decent.

If he's scum, he's extremely calculated scum who has his approach and defense lined up before he makes a move. And he does that while reacting fairly quickly to changes in the game zeitgeist

Meg's a special case who I won't go after today but I do not trust at all.

The ones I haven't mentioned, are below the line.

I literally just forgot that Not Known is in the game. I counted 8 players and was like, who am I leaving out?

Idic
WINfried
WINfried
Goon
WINfried
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:53 pm

Post by WINfried »

Do you think meg would really use their leverage as claimed cop to tell us to go after frogs? That feels like a really wasted opportunity to impact the game state if your days are already counted as scum. Why not make us go after you? And I am still biased by my read on meg that made me unvote them in the first place I guess.
WINfried
WINfried
Goon
WINfried
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:56 pm

Post by WINfried »

Tejate was town for me because I think bina would still be at the helm if the slot was scum and because tejate has been giving me a few micro pings that made me townread them.
WINfried
WINfried
Goon
WINfried
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:59 pm

Post by WINfried »

First here:
In post 438, Tejate Raichu wrote:Hello, I go by Tejate and this is my first game of forum mafia although I've played the game in real life and in online circles for many years.
I actually already did a full readthrough of this thread as soon as I signed up for replacement and have started preparing my notes and thoughts on the current gamestate
, but before that I have an important question I need to ask to WINfried.
Admitting that seems unnecessary as scum and I probably wouldnt have done that,
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:01 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Speaking of things we didn't really want to speak about with others around, does anyone else feel a little bothered by the wording of this post?
In post 778, Laplacian wrote:Okay, Meg's frogs vote was a bad wagon, but cop claim has no cc sooo town they are for now. That reveal was a mess though.

I think this makes the bin/Tejate slot even more scummy. Two game layouts (A1 and A3) have a cop. A1 is cop + doc, A3 has an extra VT. Going back to my post , this means option #1 is even less likely as there's only a 50/50 chance of a 2nd townie role existing.
I'm not concerned by the consideration of role slots here, that is natural as we have a cop claim. I am not concerned by the consideration of me being scum, I think that suspicion of me is natural and expected, especially since I have no games on record here and I doubt I've played with anyone ITT elsewhere.

What does bother me here is that this wording. It feels like they're assuming that I am either VT or scum, but doesn't that seem off to you guys? We have not yet confirmed if the cop is even real. In fact it seems like Meg still has suspicion even if they're essentially untouchable for today's vote. So why, I ask, did they make this assumption? Is that really an assumption from a town mindset?
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:03 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

I want to add that this is not a claim. But this post strikes me as something not entirely in earnest.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:04 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 816, WINfried wrote:Do you think meg would really use their leverage as claimed cop to tell us to go after frogs? That feels like a really wasted opportunity to impact the game state if your days are already counted as scum. Why not make us go after you? And I am still biased by my read on meg that made me unvote them in the first place I guess.
That's where my thoughts about scum positioning are spinning.

An experienced player who ~just finished~ a game where we were both scum, though anonymous to each other until after the game who comes into
this game
, sees my play and scumreads me is in the splash zone. What I see in their reactions to me are a flash of paranoia when I reminded them of that game, and an opaque townread a day later.

STD is also in the splash zone but he can point at his long history of erroneously tunneling town players into the ground and say "oops".

They don't have to be scum together, though.

p-edit. I'm seeing considerably more than micro town pings from Tejate.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:07 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 819, Tejate Raichu wrote:Speaking of things we didn't really want to speak about with others around, does anyone else feel a little bothered by the wording of this post?
In post 778, Laplacian wrote:Okay, Meg's frogs vote was a bad wagon, but cop claim has no cc sooo town they are for now. That reveal was a mess though.

I think this makes the bin/Tejate slot even more scummy. Two game layouts (A1 and A3) have a cop. A1 is cop + doc, A3 has an extra VT. Going back to my post , this means option #1 is even less likely as there's only a 50/50 chance of a 2nd townie role existing.
I'm not concerned by the consideration of role slots here, that is natural as we have a cop claim. I am not concerned by the consideration of me being scum, I think that suspicion of me is natural and expected, especially since I have no games on record here and I doubt I've played with anyone ITT elsewhere.

What does bother me here is that this wording. It feels like they're assuming that I am either VT or scum, but doesn't that seem off to you guys? We have not yet confirmed if the cop is even real. In fact it seems like Meg still has suspicion even if they're essentially untouchable for today's vote. So why, I ask, did they make this assumption? Is that really an assumption from a town mindset?
That's a good point. Not only have we not confirmed if the cop is real, Laplacian has Megs as "untouchable today".

Idic
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:15 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

I think there are 3 possible angles to consider here.

1) Laplacian is scum and MegAzumarill is cop. In this case, if he knew that scum is Mafia Goon + Mafia Goon, that would both hard confirm Meg as the real cop and by process of elimination confirm the role list as having no other special town roles. Therefor, by proxy, I would be vanilla town. They could then use this information against me with that earlier post.

2) Laplacian is scum and Meg is his partner. Meg claimed as they thought they were E-1 with intent to hammer (again sorry for misreading the votes) to buy themselves an extra day. In this case, depending on the role list he would want to throw suspicion on me to push me for claim later as depending on which scum there are, the roles for town could potentially be powerful and with my activity he possibly suspects I am one of them. Therefor it is desirable to "read meg as town" for now to push this on day 2.

3) Laplacian is actually town. In which case I think he is making a grave error in judgement by automatically trusting Meg's claim.
WINfried
WINfried
Goon
WINfried
Goon
Goon

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:18 pm

Post by WINfried »

In post 821, fferyllt wrote:scumreads me is in the splash zone.
scumreads me is in the splash zone.

Do you think anyone would believe you in this game if someone claims cop and says they scumread you and you call them scum? I mean they could at least not try to explicitly save you by saying they townread you :lol:.

(and that being said, assuming Meg is scum we're in a pretty good shape so I'm not seeing how that'd even concern me a lot at the moment.)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”