Micro 1039: The Coalition [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:14 pm

Post by ProHawk »

Why would you not want to be in a coalition with your scum partner?
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:15 pm

Post by ProHawk »

In post 198, mc esther wrote:enchant's reaction wasnt great from a "keeping the thread chill" perspective, but i cant see scum in it. like, do you think theyre feigning their frustrations? t3 thinks youre plainly wrong too, why is he not scum?
Ever see scum caught for the wrong reasons?
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:23 pm

Post by mc esther »

because if people start out eliminating within the coalition, both scum in coalition means scum probably gets eliminated d1. they perhaps benefit a little from the ensuring wifom as people ask "so, where's the second? surely they didnt?", but idk lol you really wanna play 1:6?
~
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:31 pm

Post by ProHawk »

Unless they hit one and go for outside the coalition next? Yes it increases the first chance of getting caught inside the coalition but then what?
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:35 pm

Post by mc esther »

so what, you shoot your way through the rest of the coalition and just hope that town completely rules out the possibility that second scum's hidden in there? or shoot your way through the out-group and hope that town are willing to just keep flipping them? youre more ballsy than i am if these sound like acceptable risks to you. this is actually worse than 1:6, this is "1:6 and also literally any shot you take might just randomly poe yourself out of the game".
~
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:38 pm

Post by mc esther »

and to be clear: i dont want to rule this possibility out because the risk is "unacceptable", scum play wifom in these spaces and we need to be aware of that. literally all i am saying is that scum do occasionally have direct mechanical incentive to not self-vote, where this is not so true of town until the final stages of negotiating for a coalition lock.
~
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:49 pm

Post by mc esther »

have you caught enchant "for the wrong reasons" before? is this how they reacted? i really dont see it.
~
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:56 pm

Post by Enchant »

Alright i repeat it again.

I don't care. I am town, and thus belong in coalition. You can't prove me otherwise.
My self-vote makes sense. Because i am town.

If you accuse me for healing self which makes sense for everyone to do, then i certanly will have questions about which bodypart contains your brain.
Your "I can skip coalition" i see as cheap way to gather sympathy for "SACRIFICES" because only ONLY ONLY FUCK reason to not allow you in coalition is if you are scummy. If you finding self scummy and not worthy of coalition, then you are mafia. Because you supposed to know self as only confirmed townie.

That's all.
Any questions?
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:30 pm

Post by ProHawk »

In post 206, mc esther wrote:have you caught enchant "for the wrong reasons" before? is this how they reacted? i really dont see it.
I haven't played with any of you except MBot before
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:54 pm

Post by T3 »

HEAL: prohawk
i just don't think scum does this
HURT: enchant]
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:52 pm

Post by Datisi »

vote count 1.06

with 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-01-17 00:15:00).

coalition
mc esther [5]:
mc esther, Galron, Enchant, MBot, Looker
---
Umlaut [5]:
Galron, mc esther, Umlaut, Looker, T3
---
ProHawk [5]:
Looker, Andante, Umlaut, MBot, Prohawk
---
Looker [4]:
Galron, Enchant, ProHawk, Umlaut
---
Enchant [4]:
Enchant, T3, Looker, Galron
---
Galron [3]:
mc esther, Enchant, Galron
---
T3 [3]:
mc esther, T3, ProHawk
---
Andante [3]:
Enchant, ProHawk, Umlaut
---
MBot [0]:

yeet
mc esther [2]:
Enchant, T3
Andante [2]:
Umlaut, Looker

not voting [5]:
ProHawk, MBot, mc esther, Andante, Galron

mod notes~ this is the setup where i cannot use my vote counter and must count votes by hand, so let me know if i make any mistakes

flavourImage
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:09 am

Post by mc esther »

t3's enchant unheal doesnt seem sincere to me
~
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:31 am

Post by mc esther »

like, it's been a really consistent townread from him that evaporated because, enchant attacked a weird post?

im not sure exactly what prohawk's doing that scum doesnt do either. argue about theory? scumread enchant?
~
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:50 am

Post by Looker »

sorry got wrapped up. headed home, gonna read, place a final coalition. was waiting til 9 days for half and half phases. brb
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:07 am

Post by Looker »

In post 149, mc esther wrote:there seems a mild discrepancy in "what's the rush [to heal]?" followed quite immediately by two heals
I feel Andante is trying to be openly scummy so that her partner can seem town by targeting her.
In post 185, Enchant wrote:
In post 183, ProHawk wrote:
In post 180, Enchant wrote:I already argued about that
Where was this?
In previous game. I was mafia, but believe me, my anger from this is universally. I hate when something dumb is considered townie.

Cease.
Heated vitriol is even more difficult to understand when you're multilingual.
In post 187, mc esther wrote:
In post 175, ProHawk wrote:I am concerned with the post implying that Looker may not be town because he isn't self-healing.
no, i had galron's thought too; it makes some sense, though i ended up dismissing it as theory disagreement. it looks hella scummy if you view it in terms of "what town motivation is there for a widely townread player to not self-heal when asked" (like, he knows he's town, shouldnt he want to be locked in?), compared to scum (who should imo also self-heal, but might reasonably be worried about looking too eager). but the flipside to me — which caused me to dismiss the read — is "looker and i clearly just dont agree on how self-healing 'works'", like, we established that earlier in the game.
Explanation: I know I'm town - it doesn't benefit me to self-heal myself before I'm ready to lock in a coalition (this is why, for the most part, I kept one empty seat in my coalition). It makes more sense for me (to me) to use the coalition to keep track of (and publicize) town reads until I'm ready. I also didn't want to run the risk of being wrong and having my coalition quickhammered in my absence, but that's another thing.

Coalition incoming...
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:37 am

Post by mc esther »

i completely misread mbot's townread on me as a scumread, uvfgh why is reading so hard. idk lol, im still weak town on mbot but everything that's made me dead sure is gone now, so it might just be confbias.
~
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:24 am

Post by Looker »

I feel you consistently push "No content" as a preference. As expressed, I think you're the propped up dragon for your scum partner to pose as the knight and slay.

I have no reason to believe you're town. You made an interesting remark to mc esther, but that could be easily faked. I'm pretty sure I coalition'd you because I was comfortable with you as a player.

I think your attention to T3 and trying to figure out how the votes/coalitions work show a level of investment that I feel would be directed elsewhere if you were scum. I admittedly coalition'd you because I'd been stalking you.

Hi.

First post is favorite post. I'm most comfortable with being wrong on you. Immediately noting MBot's contradiction could be accomplished as town or scum, but it makes me comfortable knowing you're paying attention. I don't agree with the entirety of your coalition, but I'm comfortable enough to have you in mine.

Majority of your posts have been attacks on MBot. Also...
In post 142, Looker wrote:
In post 130, T3 wrote:MBot is still scum. I have nothing else to contribute.
If MBot is scum, why are you voting mc esther. If you're voting mc esther, why have you coalition'd mc esther.
I like the analysis in Post 102 moreso than the HEAL, which is ironic because you thought I was sheeping you on Andante so you probably feel some type of way about blind faith as well. You're another player I'm comfortable being wrong about. I'd rather be wrong about a scum that put in the effort (like Ame in Purgatory), than one who coasts with no content and wins with no effort. Hoping you're not scum, though.

You don't have that many posts, and the posts you have make me distrust you. You could be scum bummed out about the format, trying to prevent progression of a coalition by lurking, or town that's not that confident. Either way, I'm not comfortable coalitioning you.

Wild card. High activity, several interactions. I feel town are typically isolated and cautious D1 and that scum, having information, are more invested in motivating others to action because they can see the social landscape and are aware of the predominant agenda (as in players are more likely to listen to you because they have no private topics with other members to tell them otherwise - everything they see is in the main thread that you also see). This is personal game theory, though, and perhaps a paranoia, so I don't consider it damning. This is why I didn't put you in my coalition, though.

Spoiler: I'm thinking this is the squad?
ImageImageImageImageImage

HEAL: Looker
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:25 am

Post by Looker »

Shit I was supposed to break that up with spoilers. My bad, phone posters
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:27 am

Post by Enchant »

Looker basically doesh't think i am town but thinks i am cute
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:29 am

Post by Looker »

Yes
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:31 am

Post by Looker »

And the alternatives were sketch. We'll see how it goes.

Also, @ProHawk & Umlaut - I feel we would make a kick-ass scumteam.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:31 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 219, Looker wrote:Yes
I am not cute
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:32 am

Post by T3 »

VOTE: mbot
oh that right okay
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:35 am

Post by Enchant »

The more game going, the more i think mafia pushing me in coalition for memes.
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:38 am

Post by mc esther »

i was curious why i wasnt obviously town to you, looker; that makes sense! dont get me wrong, im heartbroken, but i see it.

im not sure on umlaut, but i think i can be talked around on it. prohawk is a lot spicier imo.

the andante theory seems super weird to me, im assuming it's based on a gambit youve seen before?
~

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”