fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 271, Bell wrote:@fire, I dunno why agreeing with a take is townie. Well, it might be a good sign. In this case but I’ll wait.
i think seeing the game from roughly the same angle as someone else is usually a good sign yea

idk, i think i usually tend to be more likely to trust people when i agree with their reads. is doing so correct? maybe, idk

i keep forgetting about the postcap, 200 is p generous tho
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:55 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 261, Alisae wrote:He asks Norwee if he feels that he is on the same page I am and here I am going ??? because like what kind of question is that???
Trying to get out in front of it, I see.

I find the timing of Alisae soliciting opinions on my ISO more than a touch suspicious. I did ask Norwee if he agreed he was on the same page as Alisae, given that was the justification Alisea gave for townreading Norwee, indicating that I might be suspicious about that read, and almost immediately Alisea is here in main thread trying to advance a case on me.

For reference, since my clan affiliation has now been disclosed:
In post 226, Alisae wrote:I mean it's mostly just me trying to get him to spew himself to me. I asked him about FA, Charloux, and Datisi and we seemed to reach similar conclusions.
If anything our only disagreement seemed to be on Charloux whom Norwee (understandably) fos' charloux.
Alisea didn't appear to give much of their own opinions, but I take from this that Alisae agreed with Norwee's takes on FA, and Datisi, but not Charloux, and that was enough to give Norwee a townread.

Those takes? That FA seemed pretty townie for calling out Charloux (while Alisea thinks Charloux is townie, since they are disagreeing with Norwees fos there), and Datisi was null.

Those takes were given after Alisea asked Norwee, and only Norwee, very leading questions that amounted to "What is your read on X player based on posts Y and Z", which as you can see from the conclusion given by themselves, focused on a very narrow subset of the player base; and I was very surprised to see Alisea give Norwee a townread on that basis, and I asked Norwee if he thought he was in agreement with Alisea. To be fair, the answer Norwee gave was 'yes', but I made no secret of the fact I had my suspicions there, and to see that quickly manifest in main thread as a case against me is :shifty: to say the least.

VOTE: Alisea
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:06 pm

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

ONLY
YOU
CAN PREVENT WILDFIRES
In post 241, Marashu wrote:
In post 237, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:
In post 235, Marashu wrote:
In post 228, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:THUNDER CLAN WOULD LIKE TO ALLY WITH WIND CLAN. CAN YOU TWO TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF MARASHU AND ANSWER ?
What does this even mean? Like, all the clans have the same goal and are working together?
YOU CAN SEE WHAT I AM SUGGESTING IN OUR THUNDERCLAN PT
Yes, but I'm asking you here.
In post 242, Marashu wrote:Because I don't actually understand it
I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS A REAL QUESTION OR TO FEIGN ACTIVITY. JUST BECAUSE WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME SIDE DOESN'T MEAN THERE WON'T BE AN ODD GROUP OUT WHICH HAS LESS INFLUENCE THAN THE OTHERS. WITH WIND CLAN AND THUNDER CLAN SUPPORTING EACH OTHER WE CAN RUN THIS FOREST.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:11 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I think that’s a slight misrep of the actual situation Val.
Alisae came with leading questions after asking me if i had reads and i was very vocal about the fact that i was struggling to get into the game.
So i don’t believe this was malicious or unwarranted from Alisae.
The point about Alisae giving me a townread is fair in that i’m not sure i understand their actual reasoning, but that doesn’t mean it’s not there. Merwly that it might have been left unexplained.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:19 pm

Post by Alisae »

Advance a case??? ok lmfao VOTE: Val
Rookie scum mistake to overreact to me expression my feelings on a fos.
Like do you self-consciously believe that a case was like coming onto you??? That's what I think is going on in the head of scum!you.
I did not vote you, and I asked Ceph "is this actually scum, or am I just reading everything as scummy"
But I am
advancing a case
on you???

Like, this is a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Newer player rands wolf.
Newer player starts to feel like they are being suspected
Newer player overeacts and attacks the person in response to suspecting them
The person in return attacks them harder because the newer player is acting unnatural and unreasonably to the attacker.

I will humor you and your concerns though.
In post 276, Val89 wrote:I find the timing of Alisae soliciting opinions on my ISO more than a touch suspicious. I did ask Norwee if he agreed he was on the same page as Alisae, given that was the justification Alisea gave for townreading Norwee, indicating that I might be suspicious about that read, and almost immediately Alisea is here in main thread trying to advance a case on me.
Ur question doesn't do anything. You just don't know what's going on because you haven't worked with Norwee to the extent I have. HE LITERALLY ANSWERED YOU YES.
If we're town we just see the same things. The best part is Norwee saw what I saw in FA's play without even knowing who the person is. That is TOWNIE.

--

In post 276, Val89 wrote:Alisea didn't appear to give much of their own opinions, but I take from this that Alisae agreed with Norwee's takes on FA, and Datisi, but not Charloux, and that was enough to give Norwee a townread.

Those takes? That FA seemed pretty townie for calling out Charloux (while Alisea thinks Charloux is townie, since they are disagreeing with Norwees fos there), and Datisi was null.

Those takes were given after Alisea asked Norwee, and only Norwee, very leading questions that amounted to "What is your read on X player based on posts Y and Z", which as you can see from the conclusion given by themselves, focused on a very narrow subset of the player base; and I was very surprised to see Alisea give Norwee a townread on that basis, and I asked Norwee if he thought he was in agreement with Alisea. To be fair, the answer Norwee gave was 'yes', but I made no secret of the fact I had my suspicions there, and to see that quickly manifest in main thread as a case against me is to say the least.
Why would I give Norwee my own opinions if I am trying to sort his alignment?
I am trying to form a read on Norwee and encourage him to do the work. He expressed he was lost, so I guided him.
The goal was for me to see what conclusions he reaches and how he reaches him.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:23 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 278, NorwegianboyEE wrote:So i don’t believe this was malicious or unwarranted from Alisae.
I don't believe it was malicious either, but having asked those leading questions, for whatever reason, about a very narrow subset of players, and getting some (as I am sure you admit yourself) fairly weak and non-committal stances on 3 players; on which they admit to having disagree with you on 33% of that tiny sample, to say
In post 222, Alisae wrote:Yes he is playing the game and I feel like we are on the same page when it comes to the topics we discussed
is reasoning 'left unexplained' is more generous that I think its deserving. Reasoning is given. It's just obvious crap - and I say again, the timing of Alisea's soliciting opinions on my own ISO in Main thread, directly after I had given an indication I wasn't buying what they were selling in clan chat, is suspicious.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:41 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 279, Alisae wrote:Rookie scum mistake to overreact to me expression my feelings on a fos.
Like do you self-consciously believe that a case was like coming onto you??? That's what I think is going on in the head of scum!you.
I did not vote you, and I asked Ceph "is this actually scum, or am I just reading everything as scummy"
But I am advancing a case on you???

Like, this is a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Newer player rands wolf.
Newer player starts to feel like they are being suspected
Newer player overeacts and attacks the person in response to suspecting them
The person in return attacks them harder because the newer player is acting unnatural and unreasonably to the attacker.
i don't really understand what about this makes val scum tbh

like this narrative is one that could have happened if he was scum, but what makes you think that's most likely? what about it is not believable as coming from town?
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

IF ALISAE TRUSTS NORWEGIANBOY AND VAL AND ALISAE ARE BOTH STARCLAN DUE TO THEIR IMPULSIVITY AND CONVICTION, WHO IS LEFT IN WIND CLAN? WINDCLAN SEEMS EASY TO TRUST OVERALL AND IS THE GROUP I FEEL SECOND-MOST-COMFORTABLE HUNTING DARK ONES IN.
In post 279, Alisae wrote:question doesn't do anything. You just don't know what's going on because you haven't worked with Norwee to the extent I have. HE LITERALLY ANSWERED YOU YES.
If we're town we just see the same things. The best part is Norwee saw what I saw in FA's play without even knowing who the person is. That is TOWNIE.
THAT EXPERIENCE ALSO COULD MEAN NORWEGIANBOY KNOWS HOW TO MANIPULATE YOU FASTER THAN YOU ARE USED TO FROM OTHER PLAYERS. DID YOU TAKE THIS INTO ACCOUNT?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:47 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

There’s just 1 more in Windclan that we know of.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:51 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I don’t want to believe Alisae is scum becauve they’ve been so helpful to me and seemed genuinely trying to solve me.

- Bunno
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:53 pm

Post by Alisae »

I would actually like to add to the fact prior to his vote I felt like I saw all of these things and thought “I am scumreading this player for so many things is this guy actually scum?” Because even the list of concerns I told ceph was a bit too much for my tastes

Pedit: because he said he thought I was going to advance a case on him bro. If he is a villager why is he thinking about stuff like that and shouldn’t he just wait until I do form a case on him? If he was villager that seems like that would be the play here but instead he is just coming out of the gate panicked, saying I am going to advance a case on him. It’s fucking weird.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 284, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I don’t want to believe Alisae is scum becauve they’ve been so helpful to me and seemed genuinely trying to solve me.
I am town and u came out of your way to play with me. We have a hood together and its exciting though I won’t say that I wouldn’t buddy u as scum it’s totally within possibility just like how I could just not help you and that would be equally viable. Keep your eyes open, ya?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:02 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

It might be a bit bias just out of pure desire to want to believe you are town yeah.
But like you said, you could of just not gone out of your way.

- Bunno
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:02 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 285, Alisae wrote:Pedit: because he said he thought I was going to advance a case on him bro. If he is a villager why is he thinking about stuff like that and shouldn’t he just wait until I do form a case on him? If he was villager that seems like that would be the play here but instead he is just coming out of the gate panicked, saying I am going to advance a case on him. It’s fucking weird.
Like, I don't believe the guy is a villager.
I don't think he is trying to form reads on people.
If he was trying to form reads, why is he attacking me? If he does nothing, he can see how the read develops and if he genuinely thinks "Scum!Alisae is going to try to develop this into a case" he SHOULD WAIT TILL THE CASE HAPPENS!
Ceph even said that he miselimmed it before so he is proceeding with caution. He could have waited to see how I reacted to that post if this was a townie that was trying to form reads.

Like idunno I don't get it, if he is town and genuinely thinks I am going to build a case on him, why doesn't he just wait to see how the read develops, or even wait for me to respond to Ceph. It just doesn't add up.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:03 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Scarrdbear who is in your group that you know of?

- Bunno
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:03 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 285, Alisae wrote:I would actually like to add to the fact prior to his vote I felt like I saw all of these things and thought “I am scumreading this player for so many things is this guy actually scum?” Because even the list of concerns I told ceph was a bit too much for my tastes

Pedit: because he said he thought I was going to advance a case on him bro. If he is a villager why is he thinking about stuff like that and shouldn’t he just wait until I do form a case on him? If he was villager that seems like that would be the play here but instead he is just coming out of the gate panicked, saying I am going to advance a case on him. It’s fucking weird.
i don't really get it. he said that he believed that you picked up on the fact that he was suspicious of you, and that you started pushing him in main thread to get out in front of his suspicion so it looked like yours came first

in invictus i remember thinking that val (as town) kinda had a view of the game where things revolved around him in a way that was a little bit of a warped perspective. it seemed like something that would be kinda difficult to replicate as scum

and i kinda feel that here as well so my instinct is to find it towny. i don't really understand what the issue you have is, it seems like a believable trajectory from town to me
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

I feel like that is already obvious from this thread.
<(") | (")>
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:06 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

actually i do kind of see what you're saying now

like the post is sort of aimed more at scoring points than at solving the game

i can see that i guess, i still think he's more towny than not but i think i get where you're coming from at least
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:07 pm

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 289, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Scarrdbear who is in your group that you know of?
MARASHU, PENGUIN, CHARLOUX AND MYSELF. YOURS?
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:11 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 288, Alisae wrote:Like idunno I don't get it, if he is town and genuinely thinks I am going to build a case on him, why doesn't he just wait to see how the read develops, or even wait for me to respond to Ceph. It just doesn't add up.
And give up the ability to prosecute someone who is, to me, pretty obvious scum? No thanks.

You seem to be labouring under a misapprehension here. I have you in my sights now.

The beauty or rolling town is that, even if I fail to convince enough of the others that I am the one that goes down today, sheer numbers means my faction can afford my mislim much more than your faction can afford yours. I don't think it'll come to that, but that knowledge is all I need to throw myself in to the crossfire and bring attention to the two of us. You will rue the day you crossed me, she-cat.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:12 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 293, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:
In post 289, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Scarrdbear who is in your group that you know of?
MARASHU, PENGUIN, CHARLOUX AND MYSELF. YOURS?
4 total? We also have 4, or at least i think we do. No idea if there’s more that haven’t checked in yet.
The 4th player hasn’t posted much so idk if we should reveal yet? Maybe give it some time to think about it.

Me / Alisae / Val / ??

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:15 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Ok nvm it’s unanimous.
Our 4th member is Shiro.

- Bunno
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/xe

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:16 pm

Post by Mistyx »

we have 5 so i think yours are just missing people so far

(me / bell / penguin / fire / ceph)
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:17 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 297, Mistyx wrote:we have 5 so i think yours are just missing people so far

(me / bell / penguin / fire / ceph)
?
<(") | (")>
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:17 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

hmm i wonder if thats meaningful