professotic
professotic
Goon
professotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:47 am

Post by professotic »

In post 1284, professotic wrote:so i think what is happening here is people are using kinda meta-level reasoning, that says that since scum-mastina is capable of looking town, people who see her as obvious scum here are either mistaken, or exaggerating.
so they aren't really looking at what she is writing.
only it's not actually wise to think one knows better than reality.

and sure, one could say it's silly to do obviously scummy things when one is capable of better.
but really, this is mastina, who self-identifies as 'cheeky scumfuck'. of course she would.

also, of course she knows exactly how towny she is not being.
i fully agree that people who misread her here (thinking she could be town) are not demonstrating awesome reading comprehension skills.
just go read again.

agree that the game feels stale.
we should yeet mastina already.

^
TicTac wrote this not me so everyone is clear.
professotic
professotic
Goon
professotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:50 am

Post by professotic »

In post 1293, furtiveglance wrote:I'm officially announcing that Scarfmanship is the counter wagon to Mastina.

This is not a mod announcement.
In post 1297, furtiveglance wrote:VOTE: Enchant
I liked furtive’s posts up to this point.
This is the first post of theirs I find a bit wolfy.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:10 am

Post by Klick »

VOTE: Enchant
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:12 am

Post by Dingle Dangle Scarecrow »

In post 1302, Klick wrote:VOTE: Enchant
VOTE: Enchant
professotic
professotic
Goon
professotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:15 am

Post by professotic »

Lol.
No Enchant is Town.
They aren’t like the wolf game.
They push a bit more as a wolf, more aggressive.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:21 am

Post by Enchant »

Afterwards these players will say "WHY ENCHANT SO SILENTIVE AS TOWN"

Duhufuduhduhduhuh
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:32 am

Post by Dingle Dangle Scarecrow »

In post 1304, professotic wrote:Lol.
No Enchant is Town.
They aren’t like the wolf game.
They push a bit more as a wolf, more aggressive.
This isn't my experience with Enchant scum
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:37 am

Post by Enchant »

Who the hell are you
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:47 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

Listen Enchant's posts are bad but they're like, consistently bad.
So not voting there tbh
Why are you... the only one causing me so much confusion?

aka beeboy and MariaR
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:49 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 1281, MathBlade wrote:TBone says the emotions are fake. You say they aren’t. Do you have criteria to establish the fakeness?

I try to stay away from emotion based judging but the ate seems strategic so if I have to pick I pick TBone saying fake.
That's not what I said. I said Mastina knows what town!Mastina is supposed to look like and is overcompensating to play that part. I didn't comment on her emotions, I can't pretend to know what they are, and frustration is NAI.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:50 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 1282, Past Present Future wrote:I had some doubts and went back and forth but I feel she’s being genuine. I have proven to be good at tonereading Mastina before. Can T-Bone say the same?
There's a first time for everything but I've yet to misread Mastina in any game I've played with her over the years. Granted it's a small sample size but if you want to hang your hat on accuracy...

Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:53 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

How can anyone scumread T-bone he's so cool

aka beeboy and MariaR
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:54 am

Post by T-Bone »

I'll be honest getting concerned by Mathblade. It may be recency bias, but last time I ignored red flags he ended up being scum. I keep having to correct him and point what I feel is obvious. I also can't believe I'm saying this but in his effort to meet Yume with the flow chart he's purposely reading it wrong. To be clear the flow chart is garbage, but that he's doing it wrong anyway...

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:54 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 1311, Maid Cafe wrote:How can anyone scumread T-bone he's so cool
Budding me is the way to my heart yes Maid Cafe is confirmed town until I decide otherwise

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:56 am

Post by T-Bone »

Look at me scum claim Furitive, you know you want to push me more.

Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:57 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

In post 1312, T-Bone wrote:I'll be honest getting concerned by Mathblade. It may be recency bias, but last time I ignored red flags he ended up being scum. I keep having to correct him and point what I feel is obvious. I also can't believe I'm saying this but in his effort to meet Yume with the flow chart he's purposely reading it wrong. To be clear the flow chart is garbage, but that he's doing it wrong anyway...
I think, when you're in as deep as Math is in a tunnel I'm okay with a bit of not ignorance but obvious things they're missing? The important thing to me is I think Math believes what they're posting. Of course Math could be on wolf team A and think Mastina is on Wolf team B but details details
In post 1313, T-Bone wrote:
In post 1311, Maid Cafe wrote:How can anyone scumread T-bone he's so cool
Budding me is the way to my heart yes Maid Cafe is confirmed town until I decide otherwise
You can be my buddy until my hydra partner gets back here.

aka beeboy and MariaR
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:19 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1309, T-Bone wrote:
In post 1281, MathBlade wrote:TBone says the emotions are fake. You say they aren’t. Do you have criteria to establish the fakeness?

I try to stay away from emotion based judging but the ate seems strategic so if I have to pick I pick TBone saying fake.
That's not what I said. I said Mastina knows what town!Mastina is supposed to look like and is overcompensating to play that part. I didn't comment on her emotions, I can't pretend to know what they are, and frustration is NAI.
So it’s fake when she’s playing a part?

You didn’t use the word fake but same difference no?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:24 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

In post 1316, MathBlade wrote:

As the self-proclaimed master of ate:

AtE can be used by both villager's and wolves it's emotion. Sure, Mastina could be a wolf and feeling every emotion she is feeling, but you can fluff it up a little to make it look better in the eyes of the village, or leave some parts out. Now, the context is somewhat important in a "does the way they're reacting make sense or is it just fully overblown and out of control?" That's where you can start drawing the town/scum line. I think fully just calling AtE fake is almost always incorrect though.

Now, where does yours truly stand? Don't care.

aka beeboy and MariaR
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:32 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1317, Maid Cafe wrote:

AtE can be used by both villager's and wolves it's emotion. Sure, Mastina could be a wolf and feeling every emotion she is feeling, but you can fluff it up a little to make it look better in the eyes of the village, or leave some parts out. Now, the context is somewhat important in a "does the way they're reacting make sense or is it just fully overblown and out of control?" That's where you can start drawing the town/scum line. I think fully just calling AtE fake is almost always incorrect though.

I agree with this that ate itself is NAI. It has to make sense. I am not saying ate itself is fake and that’s not been my point. As I said earlier I struggle with emotions. When TBone said Mastina was overcompensating/playing a part that read to me as “faked” like post 1127. I judge Ate based on strategicness instead. Does it look to have a plan? In this case it does as she’s been given ample opportunity to come and townfirm herself? She’s sat on e-2 for how long now? It looks designed to get her OFF versus a scumread ON
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:34 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1299, Enchant wrote:
In post 1015, MathBlade wrote:I mean you might as well have told scum.

I'm either a Day 2 or Dusk 2 day vig.

I wanted to sit and get reads and fucking listen to people.

FFS I'm literally confirmable.
Just noticed it, why
Because Mastina outed all my crumbs to the whole thread. There was no point in not claiming at that point.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:36 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

In post 1318, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1317, Maid Cafe wrote:

I agree with this that ate itself is NAI. It has to make sense. I am not saying ate itself is fake and that’s not been my point. As I said earlier I struggle with emotions. When TBone said Mastina was overcompensating/playing a part that read to me as “faked” like post 1127. I judge Ate based on strategicness instead. Does it look to have a plan? In this case it does as she’s been given ample opportunity to come and townfirm herself? She’s sat on e-2 for how long now? It looks designed to get her OFF versus a scumread ON

mmmmm

if mastina is a wolf I doubt she came in and posted the emotion sprinkled post with the idea of "this is gonna get people to not vote me" if she's a wolf probably just trying to make her teammates look good at this point. Le shrug, I'm ready for the phase to be done with. It feels like the main topic point has dragged on long enough. I think the vote on Enchant by Dumb over there is bad.

aka beeboy and MariaR
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:38 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1287, Yume wrote:
In post 1264, MathBlade wrote:Mastina's flowchart
(Skipped prequel as I'm obviously not those people)
Question #AnswerNotes (if any)
1 -> Is it D1?YesGuide says to stop but Mastina has been elimmed as scum on D1, Source game from her wiki I know there's another more recent game, but I don't want to try to find it when I have 30+ questions to go.
2 -> Does she seem town?NoGuide says to stop but this is misleading. She looks scum to me but town to others. I think there's enough town reads from others for a yes here to continue. Eg if we went with Yume's opinion we'd continue.
3 -> Trust her what does she do?Did nothing / Milktown read and bullySeveral players have trusted her to elaborate on her FA meta. She has dodge this question multiple times in favor of cherry picking my ISO and outing crumbs. Guide says probably town but proceed as a caution. I will note that one of the options is bully you which she is doing rather heavily here soon as I sussed her.
4 -> Pressure herFreak outShe's really done all three, but mostly freak out. Guide says she's town however here's a recent scum freak out which is really similar to her freakout here. She complained about obligations but didn't provide much. Here she screamed I'm scum then gave nothing.
5 -> Is she posting up a storm?No, but yesNo, she's not posting up a storm in general compared to town games I know her from. But some posts have been rapid. This again matches the multiball game. Guide says proceed (or if you view as yes proceed with caution).
6 -> Is she gloating about scum game?NoNo
Definite proceed
7 -> Does Mastina have delusions of grandeur?No?Far as I can tell she's never thought she's a celebrity? I am pretty sure this means something else but I'm not sure how to respond to it. Either way it says proceed. A lot of these questions are proceed anyway and seem kind of meaningless.
8 -> Is she wafflingNoHer reads have been extremely static
Definite proceed
9 -> Does she look like she's wanting to leave a legacyMaybe? Leaning noShe's screamed more that people suck than townreading her or recent reads. She seems way more focused on stopping the wagon versus a legacy. However before she went entirely 8 hour ISO there were hints? I put maybe for benefit of doubt.
10 -> Is she antagonizing everyoneNoShe's antagonizing me, but not everyone.
11 -> Did she ramble about MD theory?NoNo
Definite proceed
12 -> Has Mastina gone on long rambles in thread?Not sureShe's done walls but I don't see any particular things like town rambles (like I cited earlier). However some of her screaming could be rambles? This is too subjective and when combined with trying to figure out day chat I don't know how to answer this question.
13 -> Has Mastina made a case for why she could be scum?NoShe hasn't scumcased herself.
Definite proceed
14 -> Has Mastina gave strong reasons for why she's town?YesShe given threats as well as many LAMISTy posts
Definite proceed
15 -> If applicable did she crumb her role and claim it immediately?Maybe/No*Going with maybe/no. She said she was crumbing, but I don't find any evidence of so and considering she didn't attempt any counter claim of my day vig, this implies she's not a vig. The fact she said our roles are similar boggles my mind she didn't do a sort of counter claim. I'm not really sure what she was alluding to (and it's not an invitation to ask) but she's welcome to explain when she gets to E-1. The maybe is more benefit of the doubt but that conflict is a logical bridge too far. Seems just rolefishing. Proceed maybe town/definite proceed.
16 -> Do the circumstances make her look town?Hell noAgain this is a subjective question but this to me is an absolutely not. Seems a repeat of question 1. This says proceed but question 1 seems to continue. Continuing.
17 -> Is she irrational?YesGuide says she's town. This is the first question that I agree with so far that's gotten a definitive town besides the contradictory one. However, as a counter example she was rather irrational in the scum game I linked. This question seems out of date. I also find things irrational that other people claim to be and vice versa. Not sure this question is meant for people like me.
18 -> Has she lost her temperYes/Looks fakeShe's definitely lost her temper, but she's done that in town and scum games. I don't judge emotions as true/fake but Tbone said it looked fake. This therefore is unreadable.
19 -> Is she spewing random, illogical theories?NoWhile this question is similar to 17, I'm going with no here. She's had one illogical, seemingly strategic theory and stuck with it. I'd go with a maybe but either way it's a proceed so proceeding.
20 -> Is Mastina's posting wildly inconsistent?No.Her posting has a consistent narrative. Therefore it cannot be wildly inconsistent.
definite proceed
21 -> Does her posting look intentional?YesLooks like she had an agenda to get me miselimmed. Guide says
proceed.
22 -> Does she show interest in finding scuml?NoShe looks like she has her world come hell or high water. And I know it's wrong.
Definite proceed
23 -> Do her points have a town point of view?No?I'm not sure what this means. I don't see a town person writing these posts. If I pretend she's town I don't see why town outs town crumbs. But it's a light no since I don't understand the question. I'm not really able to answer the second half of this question through Mastina's eyes as I'm not her.
24 -> Is she spontaneous/whimsical?NoShe seems deliberate and tunneled and goal focused.
Definite proceed
25 -> Does she explain her reads with crystal clarity?NoShe's explained neither me nor FA nor a majority of reads with clarity. It's clear who she thinks is scum but not why. This is a proceed anyway.
26 --> Doesn't exist
27 -> Does she explain her reads with crystal clarity?NoShe's explained neither me nor FA nor a majority of reads with clarity. It's clear who she thinks is scum but not why. This is a proceed anyway.
28 -> If behind...?UnsureI'm unsure. Some things she seems to cherry pick behind others seem caught up.
29 -> Is she doing anything????This question is filler as proceed either way. I do not scumread her for having a life. I scumread her for her hyperfocus, which even if I was scum (which I'm not) she's not trying to figure out my "scum plan" (it's in quotes as I don't have a scum plan as I'm not scum)
30 -> Is she scumhunting?Imho noThe guide says she's town but I find she scum hunts when town and not when scum. Again she the prior games I linked.
31 -> Is there minimal resistance to elimming her?No
SHE'S PROBABLY SCUM, run through the guide again

Overall I still think the condensed case summarizes my case nicely. I think the flowchart says Mastina is scum. Yume I'm sorry I don't see what you do going through this. Unless she towns it up I don't see your offer as a good one. I spent probably way too long on this but I think this from the wiki really summarizes Mastina's game perfectly right now.

Scumastina always has this laser-like focus. Losing focus has done nothing but screw me over. People like focus. They like confidence. They love to see assurance in a read. They want to have a figure be charismatic and to follow. It's an inherent part of people's nature. That's why tunneling is so prevalent, because it works DAMN good and well to get a elimination. People hate doubt. When someone is calling everyone town/scum in rapid circles, AKA circlejerking, people think it's scum trying to miselim anyone. They see desperation and attribute it to being scum. They don't see a town player desperately trying to figure out the game. They see a scum player that is trying to find options. As scum I'd push a elimination through; as town, here I am without a clue.

She has had a laser focus incorrect on me.

Edit: Removed L-Word
There is a minimal resistance to her wagon, for one. Only Past Present and Future are actively resisting, while the others not on the wagon are lurking. That counts as 'minimal resistance' imho.

For two, Mathblade is trying to fit his own viewpoints into the chart, rather than looking at it objectively. And no matter what Titus hydra say, I never saw that kinda thinking as town. In fact, I think mastina is right. Mathblade is trying to lim her because he has to. Because allowing her to live would ensure she destroys him and his partners.
PPF is, you are, furtive is, like almost everyone not on the Mastina wagon has said a naked “but she’s town” and refused to elaborate further.

It seems like very strong resistance to me. This feels like denial of the facts.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:39 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

If I was being optimal I'd call beeboy because he's really good at calling out Mastina BS and I'm sitting here tv static wondering why MMR/Bunny/Dumb get free rides sob
pedit: for the love that all is holy please spoil that

aka beeboy and MariaR
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:42 am

Post by MathBlade »

Sorry on mobile. Will spoil in the future.

We can only elim one person.

MMR seems town
Bunny I could be sold on but I waffle
And D feels very scummy as I said earlier

None are getting “free rides” we just have one elim. If we could have two elims a day I would join a D wagon
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:43 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

To be fair, it feels like everyone that isn't exactly mastina/Radja have got free rides this dayphase and is like 80% of the reason I am voting mastina.

aka beeboy and MariaR

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”