Newbie 2053 | Primroses | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
endlessdark
endlessdark
Goon
endlessdark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:14 am

Post by endlessdark »

I’ve quoted a few of Battle Mage’s posts and the ones I’ve quoted I see them as trying to solve so I’m not really sure what you are talking about with Battle Mage not trying to find mafia.
Battle Mage appearing as he's trying to find mafia is not the same as him genuinely doing it. Obviously mafia will try to appear as if they're scumhunting.
In post 173, Cookie Monster wrote:
In post 163, endlessdark wrote:I think Cook is a much better vote. There doesn't seem to be any motivation in Cook's posts to find mafia.
In post 164, endlessdark wrote:
In post 161, Cookie Monster wrote:Wait why are we voting Battle Mage?
My last 2 posts sort of lay out the reasoning, the summary being my perception of Battle Mage not genuinely trying to find mafia.
These contradict each other especially as you are voting Battle Mage
They don't. I scumread both Battle Mage and Cook. In my statement "I think Cook is a much better vote" is in comparison to Enchant, which is who Battle Mage voted.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:41 am

Post by Nahdia »

Vote Count 2.02

Battle Mage (2):
endlessdark, Lunar Martian
Enchant (1):
Battle Mage
, Cook
Cook (1):
Battle Mage
endlessdark (1):
Cookie Monster

Not Voting (2):
Foxxi,
Cookie Monster
, Enchant

Deadline is in
(expired on 2021-02-19 19:45:00)
, at which point we will default to no elimination.

With seven players alive, it takes
four
to reach majority.

Note:
Sent some prods. Keep posting!!!!!!!
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:49 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 175, endlessdark wrote:
I’ve quoted a few of Battle Mage’s posts and the ones I’ve quoted I see them as trying to solve so I’m not really sure what you are talking about with Battle Mage not trying to find mafia.
Battle Mage appearing as he's trying to find mafia is not the same as him genuinely doing it. Obviously mafia will try to appear as if they're scumhunting.
In post 173, Cookie Monster wrote:
In post 163, endlessdark wrote:I think Cook is a much better vote. There doesn't seem to be any motivation in Cook's posts to find mafia.
In post 164, endlessdark wrote:
In post 161, Cookie Monster wrote:Wait why are we voting Battle Mage?
My last 2 posts sort of lay out the reasoning, the summary being my perception of Battle Mage not genuinely trying to find mafia.
These contradict each other especially as you are voting Battle Mage
They don't. I scumread both Battle Mage and Cook. In my statement "I think Cook is a much better vote" is in comparison to Enchant, which is who Battle Mage voted.
...is this all you're going to say? disappointed dude... if you want to run me up today for 'not genuinely trying to find mafia', at least engage with me and answer my questions, or give some reads on other players. :igmeou:
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
endlessdark
endlessdark
Goon
endlessdark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by endlessdark »

Sorry, I will. I didn't get to address all the points yet.
endlessdark
endlessdark
Goon
endlessdark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by endlessdark »

In post 167, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 163, endlessdark wrote:
In post 158, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 150, endlessdark wrote:
In post 148, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 146, endlessdark wrote:VOTE: Battle Mage

Given your experience, Battle Mage, you should've known Dew wasn't the optimal vote. Your responses to her didn't at all seem to consider that the fact she was new affected her actions.
is this a bit disingenuous? We discussed this yesterday and you didn't level that criticism at me then.
In my conversation with Lunar I was criticizing voting Dew. I didn't get to address your specific reasoning before she got hammered, but I laid out that foses on her were shallow in that sense that they were based on her making a newbie mistake.
Can you set out the aspects of my reasoning you didn't address? Looking back, I can't see there was anything from me which you didn't comment on at the time, so the above isn't accurate. Your opposition to the Dew-wagon was fairly low-key and relaxed, and the difference with your aggressive approach today is stark.
Before Dew got eliminated, I didn't respond to your commentary on Dew.
You did - I literally quoted it in my previous post. :facepalm:
You're correct, I mistook my comments as replies to Lunar Martian.
I don't think much of your read on me tbh - maybe fine in isolation, but you're just tunnelling me and ignoring other players, and the wider context of the game. You still haven't given any deep assessment of anybody else this dayphase, despite me asking twice - so I'm not taking your "shallow reads" dig to heart. I'd like to actually know more about what you think about Enchant for instance. I've been open and honest with my takes, so essentially your vote on me still boils down to "we mis-elimmed, BM was on the wagon and is experienced, so he must be scum". Which as I've said - happy to be held to account for being wrong, but there isn't really much I can say in response, other than it's pretty surface-level and I do think you can do better.

VOTE: Cook

It feels like there's a consensus for this, so let's give it a shot.
VOTE: Cook
I am good with Cook vote, as his is another of my prime suspects. My posts have indeed focused too much on you and right now Cook might be the more optimal vote.

To answer your question about Enchant, I have no idea. My guess is that they're town based on their tone. I kinda liked their energy here:
Also. If you didn't learn, don't put anyone on E-1 unless you want them dead. Yes, i even bolded it.
What thing that confuses me right now is this:
In post 125, Lunar Martian wrote:I think perhaps endless dark is the person I most suspect right now.
I find it surprising that you suspected me the most yesterday followed by joining my wagon on BM today. Do you mind elaborating why you fos BM?
endlessdark
endlessdark
Goon
endlessdark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:55 pm

Post by endlessdark »

Jeez I fucked up the grammar in my last post.
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:27 pm

Post by Cook »

prodded.

I don't trust BM entirely but go ahead with eliminating me if you need someone at deadline.
Foxxi
Foxxi
Townie
Foxxi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:39 pm

Post by Foxxi »

Alright. First of all, hello! I'm going to admit it's a bit strange to be filling the body of another player - something I have never done before. I am not new to mafia as a game, but I am new to playing here on these forums. With that in mind - I have figured out most of the changes in terminology except I am uncertain on "townblock". Is this the same thing as "towncore" - a group of accepted and considered "confirmed" town?

I am compiling my own reads on everyone - but it is almost 1am and I have to be in bed; so I will return tomorrow with them.
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:40 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

In post 182, Foxxi wrote:Alright. First of all, hello! I'm going to admit it's a bit strange to be filling the body of another player - something I have never done before. I am not new to mafia as a game, but I am new to playing here on these forums. With that in mind - I have figured out most of the changes in terminology except I am uncertain on "townblock". Is this the same thing as "towncore" - a group of accepted and considered "confirmed" town?

I am compiling my own reads on everyone - but it is almost 1am and I have to be in bed; so I will return tomorrow with them.
Yes it is the same.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:55 am

Post by Enchant »

I start from Cook, as he is most likely get executed. It's hard to look with replacements so if i miss something, tell me.

Cook:
He is one of most silentive persons here. He said i acting weird, which is happens with me often. But, i asked reasons why he think so and he kinda ignored it. He also promised post reads, but instead just voted me and ignores even if he got voted. I suspect either passive townie or bussing.

I'm not even sure, if he is not interested in game at all or just lurking on intent. I expected lurkers to answer in some way, even "I don't know" or so. Atleast he place "E-2" remark now, which is good.

BM:
Battle Mage is hard one. After reading, i caught myself on thoughs i think he is mafia, just because he is Battle Mage. That's it. He look like townie, and i see reasoning in punching lurkers, and i'm also highly suspected Dew is mafia. But simple, i will clear him as town only after he die, he simply too experienced.

About Townblock, it's obvious joke of course, otherwise would he invite Prism in this, and then instantly agree vote her for lurking?
Also, about Prism and all replacements. I don't actually got, why you townread them. Can you explain again, what you mean by "High-Risk, Low-Reward" play?

You right, i hate hammers. This is dirty way to win. But this is still way to win, so when i see some trying to make me shapegoat, i have zero reasons to not hammer main suspect, before i become suspect myself, as it have more chances to kill mafia (Well you know, 0% against...). I will do this again, if necessary. If you displeased, well, you have way to avoid that.

You also pushing me, which look like you see easy target in me.

enlessdark:

... I dunno. It depends how many expireince he have in mafia at all. Atleast, assuming first votes like "not partner" is actually not good and expected only from someone, who playing first time or so.

I think he is newbie-town, but he actually knows termins very good, while i still learning them, but. Pushing BM after this hammer is really indicative he is Townie. Why? Well, i would scream "Enchant+Endlessdark" if i would't be Enchant self. I see no motivation for him as Mafia to go fight with BM (Expirenced player), instead of supporting push on me, which is certanly easy. Of course, this is possible BM and him is just mafia members, and this push is just to confirm like they are not partners. BM would coach him in private, and this could explain his knowledge in termins, but low knowledge about game. I find this unlikely though, as this is too risky. I need think about it more.

Prism and Lunar:

As you remember, i know reason why Prism lurking. Game ended, so i can just say, that's because she was Mafia in other game and win actually mattered from how she act. So yes, i find this good reason.

Before i say about my mind, i want get some answers first.

Lunar allready assume BM is mafia. Well, not without reason, but i really want know exactly why and after this i will think. So.

Why exactly you think BM is mafia and what you think about others overall? Do you think Cook is optimal vote? Is this possible for Cook+BM pair? Why you like when people vote you? Yes, that's reason why i voted you as well.

Cookie Monster:

Well, interesting. Points actually legit and i missed that. Probably my theory about Endless+BM may be truth. But in this case, i would more like to vote BM.

On other hand, i have nothing to add. This slot is not very active.

Foxxi:

He replaced Wu Wei and kinda not said anything. So let's see.

Many questions and trying to find, is BM is hyperactive or just mafia, which makes sense. He is either trying question BM authority, or simple townie who have same thoughs about BM expireince.

Overall, i want kill BM, but i see mostly this is my paranoia. Something is off with Cook, because i don't think BM-Mafia would push Cook-Mafia then, unless it blatant bussing. Maybe this is reason why Cook not so active defend self?

So if Cook killed and flips Mafia, i ask really to look after BM and still don't trust him.

P.S. Yes, i remembered about avatar. Placing it now.
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:27 am

Post by Lunar Martian »

In post 184, Enchant wrote:Why exactly you think BM is mafia and what you think about others overall? Do you think Cook is optimal vote? Is this possible for Cook+BM pair? Why you like when people vote you? Yes, that's reason why i voted you as well.
I think BM is Mafia based on his voting patterns and how he positions himself on wagons. I'm not assuming he's Mafia though. I also don't really think its worth it to look for partners before we have a flip. If I thought Cook was the optimal vote I'd be voting for Cook. I'm OK with people voting me because it helps me to sort them.
endlessdark
endlessdark
Goon
endlessdark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:40 am

Post by endlessdark »

UNVOTE: Cook
I need to think about this some more. I am torn between Cook and BM.
In post 184, Enchant wrote: enlessdark:

... I dunno. It depends how many expireince he have in mafia at all. Atleast, assuming first votes like "not partner" is actually not good and expected only from someone, who playing first time or so.

I think he is newbie-town, but he actually knows termins very good, while i still learning them, but. Pushing BM after this hammer is really indicative he is Townie. Why? Well, i would scream "Enchant+Endlessdark" if i would't be Enchant self. I see no motivation for him as Mafia to go fight with BM (Expirenced player), instead of supporting push on me, which is certanly easy. Of course, this is possible BM and him is just mafia members, and this push is just to confirm like they are not partners. BM would coach him in private, and this could explain his knowledge in termins, but low knowledge about game. I find this unlikely though, as this is too risky. I need think about it more.
I know the terminology because I've played a lot of mafia in real life and on chats. I am new to forum mafia, though.
endlessdark
endlessdark
Goon
endlessdark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:41 am

Post by endlessdark »

I've also gone over the newbie introduction and wiki of mafiascum to learn the terms specific to the site.
Foxxi
Foxxi
Townie
Foxxi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:47 pm

Post by Foxxi »

In post 186, endlessdark wrote:UNVOTE: Cook
I need to think about this some more. I am torn between Cook and BM.
In post 184, Enchant wrote: enlessdark:

I know the terminology because I've played a lot of mafia in real life and on chats. I am new to forum mafia, though.
Now onto my reads. Take with a grain of salt - I know none of your metas

Cook:

Analysis: If I understand correctly Cook is a new player; and simply may not understand the weight of importance a town member holds, leading to him not considering that just accepting an elimination as town is bad for us. I currently suspect he is town and will not vote for him.

Result: Lean-town

Endlessdark:

Analysis: I feel his attempt to confront BM about his actions was genuine, although perhaps a bit pointed in it’s focus. I did find it a bit strange that he dropped all suspicion on Prism when the player changed. Is this normal? I’m not used to playing games where players get subbed out - so I don’t have much basis for the etiquette of such instances.

Result: Neutral

CookieMonster(Qspaces):

Analysis: There’s not much to go on here, and I think Cookie is also a newer player? I question her immediate defense of BM and vote on Endless though, followed by nothing else. No attempt being made to look at any other players.

Enchant:

Analysis: The thing that stands out the most to me here is that he asked Dew who she thought was mafia, and never even gave her a chance to reply. He got one vote, and then hammered Dew. Interestingly Qspaces was at E-1 for something like 3 days without Enchant doing to him what he did to Dew with only one day at E-1. I don’t particularly buy the “don’t put people at E-1” advice as a town read myself either. I have done and said similar things as scum many times - it is easy advice to spew for empty town points. Like many of us here, Enchant is also a newer player but this interaction is the scummiest to me.

Result: lean-scum

Battle Mage:

Analysis: By far the most active and participating player and the one I am finding the hardest to settle on an opinion of. On one hand I like the feel of his posts, and the fact he has given opinions and reads - because this helps to create connections that can be reviewed later. On the other I do not like the push on Cook. I don’t know BM but as I understand it he is a veteran player and I find it somewhat odd that he would be voting on Cook.

Result: Neutral / lean-town

Lunar Martian (Prism):

Analysis: I read most of the Prism interactions as vaguely scummy - but I don’t know the player or what was going on behind the scenes. Lunar had an interesting interaction D1 surrounding the Dew and Qspaces wagons which stood out to me. He voted Dew and put him at E-2, and then Dew voted Qspaces putting him at E-1. Lunar stated he wanted to see what would happen and that he was happy with his vote. But looking at the time stamps, Lunar’s vote came in at 5:27pm and Dew’s was 5:30 — and this was the controversial copy-pasted post which he had apparently spent a few minutes putting together. Lunar seems to be a newer player too, so perhaps he just didn’t stop to consider the possibility it was a timing coincidence; but I feel it’s something worth noting regardless.

VOTE: Enchant
Foxxi
Foxxi
Townie
Foxxi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:48 pm

Post by Foxxi »

oops. Please disregard that quote. I was trying to figure out what the coding for the vote tag was and did not realize it hadn't been deleted since I hit the back button
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:23 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 188, Foxxi wrote: Enchant:

Analysis: The thing that stands out the most to me here is that he asked Dew who she thought was mafia, and never even gave her a chance to reply. He got one vote, and then hammered Dew. Interestingly Qspaces was at E-1 for something like 3 days without Enchant doing to him what he did to Dew with only one day at E-1. I don’t particularly buy the “don’t put people at E-1” advice as a town read myself either. I have done and said similar things as scum many times - it is easy advice to spew for empty town points. Like many of us here, Enchant is also a newer player but this interaction is the scummiest to me.
Why not hammering Qspaces surprise you?
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Townie
Cookie Monster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:45 pm

Post by Cookie Monster »

I’m just at work right now will post more and catch up when I’m home
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Townie
Cookie Monster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:14 pm

Post by Cookie Monster »

Alright I’m home now
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Townie
Cookie Monster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:16 pm

Post by Cookie Monster »

Not really much has changed I see
Foxxi
Foxxi
Townie
Foxxi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:25 am

Post by Foxxi »

In post 190, Enchant wrote:
In post 188, Foxxi wrote: Enchant:

Why not hammering Qspaces surprise you?
I didn’t say it surprised me. I said it was interesting. You hammered Dew with no warning, and only one vote on yourself, and let Qspaces sit at E-1. If one of you is scum; it’s possible the other is as well.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:50 am

Post by Enchant »

My intent was not just killing for laughs you know.
Foxxi
Foxxi
Townie
Foxxi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:08 am

Post by Foxxi »

I never even implied you did it for laughs. Are you trying to intentionally misinterpreted my posts?
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:39 am

Post by Nahdia »

Now seeking replacement for Lunar Martian.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:14 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 196, Foxxi wrote:I never even implied you did it for laughs. Are you trying to intentionally misinterpreted my posts?
Because i allready said.

Dew was my main suspect. While i of course question him, i hammered when though he would get away and put me instead. I didn't feel same way for Qspaces.

Which makes me wondering, did you even read or just trying force lynch.
Foxxi
Foxxi
Townie
Foxxi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:25 am

Post by Foxxi »

Oh I read just fine. I simply do not believe your argument. You had one vote. You were no where even close to being eliminated, and it wasn’t even Dew that voted for you — it was Wheme. Who curiously turned up dead last night phase.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”