Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:07 am

Post by Alianna »

Open 876 - Fire Mafia PT

Welcome, furtiveglance (
Fire Mafia Goon
) and Oclaxian Empire (
Fire Mafia Goon
)!

You may talk here at any time. Night actions are to be submitted here as well.
You may quote posts from the game thread into this PT, but you may not quote posts from this PT into the game thread. Drafting posts to copy-paste is fine though.
This PT will be released unredacted after the game ends.

Access List

- Alianna (moderator)
- Something_Smart (Open Queue listmod)
- furtiveglance
- Oclaxian Empire
Last edited by Alianna on Mon May 01, 2023 11:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 25
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:08 am

Post by Alianna »

Now, prepare to
watch
make the world burn...
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 25
On hiatus from playing mafia.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:13 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Sup!

Confirmation received. ඞ
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them | it/its

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:32 pm

Post by Oclaxian Empire »

Hello!

Confirmation received.
Last edited by Alianna on Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
System of ~24. Main account is Korina. Assume pronouns are they/them unless someone specifies otherwise. Unsigned posts are from (maybe) Kori.

People who will post under this account include: Kori (they/them), Grim (it/its), Drel (they/fae/it), Alpha (they/them), Chy (they/he/it), Soluna (he/she/they)
#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:32 pm

I just checked, will post in main thread in a moment. Anything unsigned is me, Kori.
System of ~24. Main account is Korina. Assume pronouns are they/them unless someone specifies otherwise. Unsigned posts are from (maybe) Kori.

People who will post under this account include: Kori (they/them), Grim (it/its), Drel (they/fae/it), Alpha (they/them), Chy (they/he/it), Soluna (he/she/they)
#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:36 pm

I want to leave Drew alive tbh

#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:38 am

grim: i would like to kill python at some point

#CultsArentBastard
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:54 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Ok interesting, why?
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:16 am

grim: i think python flips scum at some stage, or would be sufficient enough limbait for us to get away with that elim. i think nk itself is poor and we shouldnt unless one ice goon left and we win off that

#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:17 am

i think python becomes a better kill later in the game

#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:17 am

i also want to push u a little for ur vote but i want ur opinion on plays like that first.

#CultsArentBastard
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:42 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Go for it!
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:49 pm

So, here’s the thought with our kills. We want to aim for townies the first night and most likely the second night, because no matter what, we need the other team to help thin the herd of townies a little bit.

I think we should keep scumreads in mind, and actively try to kill them at day, but tonight at a minimum we should be trying to kill the doctor/vt.

The later the game goes without one of them flipping, the worse it’ll be for both of us.

#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:50 pm

Also tmrw and Thursday I’ll be checking the thread and reading the game, but I won’t be actively posting. I do intend on not being around tomorrow and Thursday for work stuff, but I don’t want you to have to figure out things for two days without me.

#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:00 pm

In post 140, Black wrote:
In post 139, Doctor Drew wrote: But in multiball like this, and if you are scum there is always a chance that the lim-bait is scum. Personally I wouldn't overthink things on D1 and just try to find the easiest path and just hope for the best.
I think I agree with this. Everyone is trying to lim scum D1, even scum
ive been sitting on this post for a while trying to think about it, but i still think it comes from town more often than not. i'm basing this off town of salem coven which while i know is not the most accurate thing to base forum mafia plays off of, i do think its generally a
good
thing to look at since some mechanics do come into play here.

mainly, i think today is the only day scum killing scum is bad, and i think tomorrow its still maybe bad to do so? like sure, both factions can be crosskilled by the other, which is bad for them, and if they target the same person, neither of them kill someone, which is also bad. but the other faction has extra killpower which both sides desperately need for right now bc the sooner the game gets to one side achieving parity, the better for that faction. leaving alive the other people in the game who can kill ppl
for
you and get you to your wincon sooner is beneficial.

assuming a townie is killed today, and both kills are successful, it's a 6v2v2 which is a so much better position for both factions than say a 7v2v1 bc now if the one of the two goons is killed today its rlly bad for both mafia factions. (if it goes into a 7v2 on n2 with one faction being elim'd entirely, that's better for that one faction ofc, but its unlikely that one side finds and kills both of the other goons at this point.)

theres another point i think is inherent to multiball that makes scum trying to actively kill the other scum bad today too: if you kill both of the other scum today, u have to act like ur solving the game, which, depends on the player on whether this is good or not. multiball is inherently difficult if u roll town, and getting rid of ur easy way to look townie, (trying to scumhunt the other team), its gonna be rougher for u to win, especially if its smth like 9v2 where both the goons of the same faction are killed at the start, or even a 9v1v1.

tl;dr - scum are not going to want to kill scum today, but will act like they're actively trying to find scum. any other day? fuck if i know. its probably advantageous to scumhunt for all sides starting tmrw.

#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:00 pm

what do u think about this hypothetical post

#CultsArentBastard
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:07 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

I say no effort should be wasted
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:38 am

Bianco scares me a little bit by calling out exactly what I plan on trying to do.

#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:35 am

I need to look at the stats specifically for EV if we want to try to kill ice mafia asap, but I’m willing to trust Bianco on it

#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:17 pm

i am trying not to post in thread, but the drew tr is a thing that i feel like i can safely defend, or just claim "i was high lol what do you expect"

#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:16 am

Do you think I should switch wagons, this day is really boring

#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:19 am

I just really want python dead tbh but I think wasting a nk on them is not good

#CultsArentBastard
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:27 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Not sure, I want this day over though
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:32 am

grim: i dont think i want the day to end either tbh. but the day is dragging on a bit

#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:43 am

im done posting fwiw

#CultsArentBastard

Return to “Completed Game Topics”