Newbie 2123: Synthwave | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:36 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 1523, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 1521, The Bulge wrote: ok i've done a little rereading and one scenario makes a whole lot more sense than the other
And yet you do nothing with this post?
sorry i didnt realize there was a maximum number of posts allowed, gotta make each one count! :roll:

not about to give away my thoughts for free without the two of you posting first. there is always info to be gleaned from leaving something out and seeing who asks about it.

for instance, now ive learned you have come into f3 still tunneled on me. really need you to step back and not assume bad faith from everything i post.
In post 1524, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 1508, The Bulge wrote:
In post 1482, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 1478, Malakittens wrote: So we lim between {Guerilla & Bluge} the game is over
I'ma be honest, just re-read a decent chunk of D2, and i think it has a lot of Bulge/Bat Equity, I can't really see Guerilla/Bat, do you have anything that makes it look like Guerilla/Bat over Bulge/Bat?
why would i come into d3 gunning for jason and stirring the pot instead of just laying low and bussing my partner who just hammered a cop w no claim? esp when i had hardly posted this game
And bulge, can i get you to explain to me why you think scum you wouldn't come into D3 trying to gun onto not your partner?

This just seems like a really dumb premise and sounds like it's really short sighted.
mafiabat was obviously a lost cause lmao what could any scumpartner do to save that slot? why stick their neck out in that situation? plus mafiabat was doing nothing to save his own slot, you dont think if his scumpartner was trying to defend him they would have coached him to pull his own weight as well, not lurk the day out and ignore questions? bussing is so obviously the play there and the fact you cant see that concerns me, your version of events makes no sense
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:46 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 1525, The Bulge wrote: for instance, now ive learned you have come into f3 still tunneled on me.
Tunneled on you?

I asked you a question, if anything this actually makes me more concerned about you again, considering your taking it as tunneling.

As a note, I just don't think there is much I can ask Mala that would actually give me information as to whether they are scum or not, so I'm pressing you for information instead.
In post 1525, The Bulge wrote: mafiabat was obviously a lost cause lmao what could any scumpartner do to save that slot? why stick their neck out in that situation? plus mafiabat was doing nothing to save his own slot, you dont think if his scumpartner was trying to defend him they would have coached him to pull his own weight as well, not lurk the day out and ignore questions? bussing is so obviously the play there and the fact you cant see that concerns me, your version of events makes no sense
So the scum partner knew from the outset of the day that Bat was going to do nothing?

Again, I was trying to get you to explain to me why a scum partner wouldn't potentially come into a ELO day gunning at someone that isn't their scum partner, like you did, and why you think this would be a bad play to make as scum.

But apparently your answer is just precognition.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:53 pm

Post by The Bulge »

read mala and mafiabat in iso together. from the beginning this was set up to be a bus. just about everyone was pinged by bat's entrance to the game. mala comes in already informed of his alignment and sees it as even worse.
In post 208, Malakittens wrote: Bazuf feels townie~
In post 95, Mafiabat wrote: Oop, I almost forgot that this was going on...been days.

Now who to vote.
Ugh this feel really bad.
In post 96, Mafiabat wrote: Wait.

Invisibility, did you just vote me for just being idle?
This even feels worse. Almost like if mafiabat does flip scum then the partner is very active and basically told them they need to post more.

This would give more town points to blue squirrel though
In post 97, Black wrote:
In post 96, Mafiabat wrote: Wait.

Invisibility, did you just vote me for just being idle?
Being idle is a common scum tactic

I've been busy this weekend but I'll be able to catch up later today
This.
In post 99, Mafiabat wrote: Seriously? If I told you that I just forgot this was going on until an hour ago would you believe me?

Anyways, time for some reading.
Quite defensive.

VOTE: mafiabat
if you dont know a player's alignment theres a question of is it scum or is it awkward townie. its always easier to see scumposting when you know for a fact the posts are coming from scum. especially in a SE/newbie duo, there could be a panic, like "ahh shit he's gonna blow it for both of us". i think that's what's happening here. mala caught up, saw her partner floundering, saw townies noticing, and immediately tried to distance herself from the slot. i'd bet there's something in the pt along the lines of "sorry but theres no way i wouldnt push those posts as town, play it cool and defend yourself as usual".
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:03 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 1526, JasonWazza wrote: So the scum partner knew from the outset of the day that Bat was going to do nothing?
what do you think a scum pt is for? i believe mafiabat was specifically told not to answer any questions so as to not give up any info. you think the scumpartner would try to push a lim elsewhere without getting bat on the same page? at that point there's even less of an incentive to try to save the already doomed slot. it makes no sense.

feel like i should point out that i never tried to move the lim away from bat, despite my answer to guerilla's question, it was always going to be mafiabat yesterday but i wanted to focus on next steps.
Again, I was trying to get you to explain to me why a scum partner wouldn't potentially come into a ELO day gunning at someone that isn't their scum partner, like you did, and why you think this would be a bad play to make as scum.

But apparently your answer is just precognition.
because it would be idiotic not to bus mafiabat in that situation
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:11 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 1527, The Bulge wrote: read mala and mafiabat in iso together.
I mean i'll agree that this ISO looks disgusting, but i did a dive on Mala, and Mala auto-tunneling a partner wasn't really a play for Mala, and while Bat's early game wasn't great, people were writing it off as Newb Town enough that this as a bus doesn't look right.
In post 1525, The Bulge wrote: you dont think if his scumpartner was trying to defend him they would have coached him to pull his own weight as well
In post 1528, The Bulge wrote: what do you think a scum pt is for? i believe mafiabat was specifically told not to answer any questions so as to not give up any info
These 2 lines together really rub me the wrong way.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:15 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 1528, The Bulge wrote: because it would be idiotic not to bus mafiabat in that situation
Also just to be clear, Guerilla was trying to pull us towards Mala/Bulge, so my issue is that it's honestly not that idiotic.

It just seems weird that your only considering Mala today, and only really focused on me yesterday (since I unintentionally setup a hammer), like you thought maybe you could get away with the push on me yesterday, but when that didn't work, Guerilla had to go, and your prepping a change to Mala because F3 and you have to be open for both options.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:18 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 1529, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 1525, The Bulge wrote: you dont think if his scumpartner was trying to defend him they would have coached him to pull his own weight as well
In post 1528, The Bulge wrote: what do you think a scum pt is for? i believe mafiabat was specifically told not to answer any questions so as to not give up any info
huh???? read em again.
if partner defending, then tell mafiabat to defend self as well.
if partner bussing, then tell mafiabat to lurk.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:22 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 1530, JasonWazza wrote: It just seems weird that your only considering Mala today, and only really focused on me yesterday (since I unintentionally setup a hammer), like you thought maybe you could get away with the push on me yesterday, but when that didn't work, Guerilla had to go, and your prepping a change to Mala because F3 and you have to be open for both options.
why tf would i do all that as scum

yesterday i thought you were scum. i hadnt looked at mala at all. then you explained your eod2 charade with the jk and tracker and i understood (tho the logic doesnt track bc scum knows what column we're in from the start, but that's an easy logical slip to make as town esp in an intense situation) and it made me reconsider my read. overnight i looked into mala like i said i would.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:24 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 1530, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 1528, The Bulge wrote: because it would be idiotic not to bus mafiabat in that situation
Also just to be clear, Guerilla was trying to pull us towards Mala/Bulge, so my issue is that it's honestly not that idiotic.
i dont get what youre saying here? guerilla flipped town
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:26 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 1531, The Bulge wrote:
In post 1529, JasonWazza wrote:
huh???? read em again.
if partner defending, then tell mafiabat to defend self as well.
if partner bussing, then tell mafiabat to lurk.
Yeah and your trying to line this up like it's not possible that you did coach, Bat was unreceptive, and you were stuck in a bad spot.

Again a lot of your stuff basically assumes that you could predict how Bat was going to play it out, and you couldn't predict that from the start of day.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:28 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 1533, The Bulge wrote:
In post 1530, JasonWazza wrote:
i dont get what youre saying here? guerilla flipped town
My point for that is that if you had tried to push Mala instead of me, you could have potentially gotten a wagon through yesterday not on Bat.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:29 am

Post by The Bulge »

ok but i didnt??? wtf are you even talking about. get your head out of your ass, you're talking nonsense hypotheticals to support your tunnel and its gonna lose us the game
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:30 am

Post by The Bulge »

seriously take a step back and reset. its f3, you cant be assuming bad faith in everything i post. come back after a day or two.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:32 am

Post by JasonWazza »

The irony of what your saying is i'm fairly close to actually voting Mala.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:33 am

Post by The Bulge »

then stop antagonizing me?
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:34 am

Post by JasonWazza »

I'm trying to just ask questions not antagonize, I just tend to come off in a dickish way.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:35 am

Post by JasonWazza »

Why did you not consider Mala at all yesterday?

You had your read on me sure, but as you said, that was also ELO, seems weird to have not considered either Guerilla or Mala the day before now.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:40 am

Post by The Bulge »

ok maybe its me who needs to step away from the thread for a bit then. ill check back in once mala has posted

pedit i was busy, took me a long time to catch up on the game and i was frustrated that in that time two of my townreads had bullshit lims pushed thru on them. guerilla was a solid tr from his exchange with black, it read absolutely genuine to me and i couldnt see scum playing it that way. mala i had basically nothing on, but i had something on your slot so that's what i went with. i probably should have revisited sooner but i thought i was already onto something.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:40 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 1417, The Bulge wrote:
why did you hammer bazuf without intent or a claim?

what is your read of jason?

answer both in your next post.
And can i ask, this post feels weird if you were deadset on Bat for D3, is there a reason you'd ask for their read on anyone when it basically amounts to WIFOM from a confirmed slot?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:43 am

Post by The Bulge »

content is content, people slip up. either i'd get something from the answer or I'd get nothing, but not to ask is to guarantee nothing.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:50 am

Post by JasonWazza »

I'm gonna sleep on this, I'm honestly more flip floppy on my vote then I'd like, and that ain't good for an ELO.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:08 am

Post by Malakittens »

ngl
jason posturing to vote me actually irriates the ever living fuck out of me

this is legit gonna be two games in a row that i had the scum pegged d1, but i wasnt aggressive enough to get them eliminated
this just pisses me off even more because i had a scum read on mafia bat from the get go and yet people think im fuckign scum
i get it my activity sucks
but what the fuck man

now i'm just trying to figure out if jason is posturing to vote me because hes scum and he doesnt care who gets voted for the win
or he actually believes i'm scum

i will say now that mafiabat flipped scum i didnt like his rolefishing about me being the doctor either
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:10 am

Post by Malakittens »

it also really annoys me
that because i pegged mafiabat being scum and i'm being fucked gaslighted as i was being "informed"

bulge you played enough with me that i'm experienced enough to know some tells
and mafia bat had all of the tells
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:15 am

Post by Malakittens »

My gut is telling me it’s Jason rn

JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:25 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 1546, Malakittens wrote: i will say now that mafiabat flipped scum i didnt like his rolefishing about me being the doctor either
Rolefishing?

The fuck do you mean, everyone had claimed, and Bulge was making it a point of debate.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”