Newbie 2126: Art [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:02 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1342, Eiralox wrote:
In post 1338, DragonEater70 wrote: their ISO of my slot was very easy to fake as scum.
I don't think I've even reached past the halfpoint of day one on holdsteady alone yet but I might continue the saga if I have time.
Feel free to do so.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:15 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 1350, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 1342, Eiralox wrote:
In post 1338, DragonEater70 wrote: their ISO of my slot was very easy to fake as scum.
I don't think I've even reached past the halfpoint of day one on holdsteady alone yet but I might continue the saga if I have time.
Feel free to do so.
i mean i'm not under pressure here so i'll do it as i get time if i get time
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:43 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Sure.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:15 am

Post by Aisa »

Votecount 5.02

Eiralox (1):
DragonEater70
DragonEater70 (1):
Alianna

Not Voting (2):
skitter30, Eiralox

With 4 players alive, it takes 3 to eliminate someone. It takes 2 to end the day with no elimination.

Day 5 ends in (expired on 2023-08-06 22:30:00).
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:00 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Hi, I won't be very available today so I'll probably only post here tomorrow.

@Mod V/LA for the next 24 hours.

Noted. -A
Last edited by Aisa on Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:08 am

Post by Alianna »

In post 1349, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 1346, Alianna wrote:
In post 1340, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 1335, Alianna wrote: I do think there's some chance it's Eira, but like you said, it's those little things that look town. Fingers crossed.

VOTE: DragonEater70
Can you please tell me in what world does scum!me open the day by voting for Eiralox? Or no kills, for that matter? It doesn't take a genius to realize that Skitter's death would lead to your elimination.
I'm not sure about the vote, maybe so you can make this exact statement, but I don't see how skitter's death leads to my elimination. You even said earlier that it would make my wagon lose momentum, and I see no reason that would be different for you and Eiralox.
I tried to explain it now in
I guess I can see the distinction there.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 25
Mini Normal 2337 is in signups with 8/13 slots remaining!
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:26 am

Post by Alianna »

In post 1348, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 1345, Alianna wrote:
In post 1336, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 1323, Alianna wrote:
In post 1305, DragonEater70 wrote: Okay so upon some thinking, I believe the no kill means the scum is actually Eiralox. Let me explain:

Alianna explained why scum!her would shoot Eiralox, and I believe her (even though I actually expected scum!Ali to shoot Skitter and then she'd have 2 people to reason with).

Scum!me would shoot Eiralox after seeing that Skitter was willing to lim Alianna. Or I might've shot Skitter and explained why it would make sense for scum!Alianna to do it. I don't think I am good enough yet at playing scum to do it but I might have tried if I were scum.

Scum!Skitter (which is very unlikely) would have shot Eiralox, knowing that both scum!me and scum!Alianna would do it and guaranteeing a 1v1 between us.

But Eiralox on the other hand - shooting Skitter meant that the wagon on Alianna lost momentum, and shooting either me or Alianna would be a weird WIFOM move that would force everyone to reevaluate their reads - which is not something scum!Eiralox wants because they are generally being TR'd right now. Also, They have the perfect motivation to no kill so they can just continue the push on Alianna.

VOTE: Eiralox
This doesn't really feel like a scum vote, I would expect scum!you to play it straight and vote me because it looked yesterday like there would be support for it. I can see it if you want to create WIFOM, though, or if you're worried about suspicion shifting off me and you want to make sure there's another viable target. Hmm.
I didn't understand the part about WIFOM? Like how is voting Eiralox WIFOM in any way?
Because I'm paranoid and I can get into a WIFOM spiral over anything. I forget the thought progression for that one.
I see. Did you check out my completed scum game? Or better yet, did you compare my play this game with my play as traitor lover in WDM?
WDM is the reason I held off on commenting, actually. I did check it out, and we were talking about tone so that's what I was reading for. In that game you do seem more...prickly? I don't know if that's the word I'm looking for but it's the one that popped into my head. What gave me pause is that I didn't notice that from you in WDM, so I figured your tone in Newbie 2125 might have had more to do with outside factors rather than just being how you are as scum. That game is also a flawed comparison because it's the start of D1 in a game you repped out of pretty early on, and this is a game you repped into in F4.
There could very well be other meta things that I missed because I wasn't looking out for them, and you are free to point them out to me, but I haven't been able to gather much from reading your meta. I also want to make it clear that just because I've played with you doesn't mean I'll be able to meta-read you well. I didn't actually have to read you in either of the games we're discussing, so your posting didn't really "imprint" in my mind all that much or help me establish a model of how your play looks as town vs. as scum. I can read back, yes, but I will not be able to compare as effectively as if I'd actually had to analyze your posting in the game in question.
I townread Alianna.

DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:41 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Okay fair enough. I don't want you to base your entire read around meta, the point was that you said you didn't TR my tone. The difference in tone that I see was that in 2125 I was "prickly" I guess, and in WDM I was trying very hard NOT to be prickly so I felt I came off as much more reserved than usual. Which I don't think I'm doing here but idk.

@Skitter: Why do you say it might be me after all?
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:05 am

Post by Eiralox »

if either Alianna or Skitter scum I'm sorry
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:20 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1347, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 1343, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1340, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 1335, Alianna wrote: I do think there's some chance it's Eira, but like you said, it's those little things that look town. Fingers crossed.

Can you please tell me in what world does scum!me open the day by voting for Eiralox? Or no kills, for that matter? It doesn't take a genius to realize that Skitter's death would lead to your elimination.
Why would my death lead to her flip
In post 1344, skitter30 wrote: I would think the opposite - i'm the only person pushing her so if i'm alive she's an option

Okay what I meant was, from a scum!Dragon POV your death would lead to her flip. Eiralox voted her yesterday, scum!Dragon would simply say "huh, she killed the person pushing her to get more breathing room so she's scum" and voila.
I don't think that's obviously or necessarily the case?
If i'm alive don't i just continue going for alianna?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:21 am

Post by skitter30 »

Oh i guess i'm confed here
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:22 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1357, DragonEater70 wrote: Okay fair enough. I don't want you to base your entire read around meta, the point was that you said you didn't TR my tone. The difference in tone that I see was that in 2125 I was "prickly" I guess, and in WDM I was trying very hard NOT to be prickly so I felt I came off as much more reserved than usual. Which I don't think I'm doing here but idk.

@Skitter: Why do you say it might be me after all?
The holdsteady's iso isnt as good as i remember
Maybe jk clear on alianna
Your logic for eiralox doesnt make sense to me
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:23 am

Post by skitter30 »

sounds like the no kill was an attempt to frame eiralax
Show
Hiatus once more.

DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:38 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1360, skitter30 wrote: Oh i guess i'm confed here
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Sounds like it?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:39 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1359, skitter30 wrote: If i'm alive don't i just continue going for alianna?
Um IDK. Did you just continue going for her?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:42 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1362, skitter30 wrote: sounds like the no kill was an attempt to frame eiralax
I really don't understand how you can think that scum!me would decide to no kill in order to "frame eiralox" rather than do the obvious thing and kill you and then vote for Alianna? Or even do the less obvious thing and kill Eiralox and still vote for Alianna?

Like I just sensen't.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:55 am

Post by skitter30 »

It's still not obvious to me why scum-you kills me, can you explain it again slowly?
Show
Hiatus once more.

DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:09 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Okay first of all I suck at nightkill analysis and at WIFOM-y things. Just saying. So take this with a grain of salt.

But I saw that Eiralox voted Alianna at EOD of D4. To me it seemed like they were willing to lim her. Ergo, leaving them alive would easily wind up in an Alianna lim. Furthermore, if scum!me were to kill you, I don't think it would draw any suspicion to me? But it would definitely draw suspicion to me NOT to kill you. I don't think I need to explain why, since I'm currently at E-1 with possible intent to hammer.
Also, I think scum!me wouldn't bother with wifom-y stuff (like I said, I suck at it), and would just say "oh well skitter pushed Alianna so she killed him I guess?" and vote there. And hope that it would convince Eiralox who was willing to vote there anyway.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:12 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Also dude it could still be Alianna and then we really messed this up. Um. I'm feeling paranoid now.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:25 am

Post by Eiralox »

Hey everyone I'm sorry I'm sort of done with mafia but I'm sticking here and checking in now and again. Dragon felt scummy to me idk but Alianna sort of isn't here casing(neither am I) so all i can say is me and skitter town. If skitter wants a no lim I'm okay with that but poss. no one gets night killed, again.

For instance just by scanning the above in tone from Dragon it can actually come from town so *shrug* honestly I might not be the best player to have survived into mylo I've caused a loss both times I've been here before, both as vanilla.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:56 am

Post by Alianna »

I did my casing a long time ago, not much more I can do with the same content.
I townread Alianna.

Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:59 am

Post by Alianna »

In post 1369, Eiralox wrote: Hey everyone I'm sorry I'm sort of done with mafia but I'm sticking here and checking in now and again. Dragon felt scummy to me idk but Alianna sort of isn't here casing(neither am I) so all i can say is me and skitter town. If skitter wants a no lim I'm okay with that but poss. no one gets night killed, again.

For instance just by scanning the above in tone from Dragon it can actually come from town so *shrug* honestly I might not be the best player to have survived into mylo I've caused a loss both times I've been here before, both as vanilla.
As for this page, I see what you mean about Dragon, but that would mean it's you and I don't really think it's you.
I townread Alianna.

Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:30 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 1371, Alianna wrote:
In post 1369, Eiralox wrote: Hey everyone I'm sorry I'm sort of done with mafia but I'm sticking here and checking in now and again. Dragon felt scummy to me idk but Alianna sort of isn't here casing(neither am I) so all i can say is me and skitter town. If skitter wants a no lim I'm okay with that but poss. no one gets night killed, again.

As for this page, I see what you mean about Dragon, but that would mean it's you and I don't really think it's you.
Probably just Dragon yeah fully read their recent posts and meh. Still I'm vastly more comfortable with skitter calling the shots here whether it's a lim or not, at least don't have to be para on skitter anymore though today haven't really been luckily.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:05 pm

Post by skitter30 »

@dragon so your argument is that if you were scum

You just kill me and vote alianna with eiralox tomorrow?
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:10 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 973, Alianna wrote:
In post 967, Alisae wrote: I'm going to Jail Alianna I just have to clear this person at night when Smiley flips mafia.
What is she going to do, kill me?
*brandishes knife wildly*
In post 974, Alianna wrote: (that was a joke, please don't execute me lol)
In post 976, Alianna wrote: But yeah, jail me if Smiley flips red.
In post 978, Alianna wrote:
In post 975, Alisae wrote:
In post 973, Alianna wrote:
In post 967, Alisae wrote: I'm going to Jail Alianna I just have to clear this person at night when Smiley flips mafia.
What is she going to do, kill me?
*brandishes knife wildly*
i bet that knife is made out of rubber
*charges at Alisae with knife*
In post 979, Alianna wrote: THERE'S ONLY ROOM FOR ONE ALI IN THIS TOWN!
In post 982, Alianna wrote: I want post 1000 before anyone hammers.
Alianna what was motivating these posts? They still look like locatting to me
Show
Hiatus once more.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”