Newbie 1710 - Kittens (Post-Game)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (isolation #0) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:05 pm

Post by Zyf »

Hello, just got back.

So yeah, hi. I'm your friendly neighborhood second-game newbie replacement.

I'm going to be frank here, I read most of the thread, but I eventually started to skim during the Thor V Titus and House V Murdercat wall wars. I almost missed titus' claim, too.

I'm not going to quote specific instances because that's an obnoxious hassle to go back and find and I already lost it once when my computer died (it has a 30 minute battery life ahpeghaowg e.e)

Just posting this here while I get my bigger "catch-up" post started.

Also, hi nahdia
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

this account is ded now kthxbai
Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:19 pm

Post by Zyf »

1) Me/Mizzy/Ness-I agree on the dislike towards ness' posts that seem contradictory; Mizzy I don't know what to say as they never really ended up getting much done (didn't even get through the whole thread), but the complaint about having to "think really hard on reads" came to me as kinda scummy. Nope. I'm just your average VT. Again. {TOWN}
As a separate note, is it just me or am I the only /actual newbie/ here?

2) Percifrax-The initial whole discussion about second-vote meta seems to be coming from a concerned newbtown perspective; he ends up repeating himself multiple times, but the pressure to reiterate is there and he is at least consistent. The tone doesn't really sound like a scummy sort of porcupine defense as much as it sounds like an "I'm sorry please trust me, it comes from past other-site experience that doesn't apply here." His later posts contain reads that don't seem like carbon copies, and he seems to have a keen eye for patterns. He also seems to be giving people the benefit of the doubt, which I would hope is a sign of a townie since scum are (as far as I've seen) aggressive in their pushes and don't soften their ideas/back down. {TOWN}
Unfortunately apparently they're getting replaced, too.

3) Titus-Dead, conftown PR (Jailkeeper). RIP. They seemed to dislike thor throughout the entire rest of the match, so while I personally see thor as a slight townlean I'm definitely going to be more hesitant on trusting them. In my last game I trusted pretty much entirely the dead cop's reads (assuming someone was the peek when they weren't) and that got us the loss in 5p lylo, however, so I wouldn't immediately jump thor as guaranteed scum. Their other scumread was me, too, so while I'm not going to say that my previous selves looked townie (they really offered little to no content valuable to discussion), I further hesitate to immediately tunnel thor as scum. The vote on me seems like a town move, anyway, but that's getting too far into thor.

4) Performer-Dead, conftown VT. RIP. A bit confused and disappointed about how they ended up getting lynched; Algae was just a total mafia newbie in general and performer seems like they would have been fun to play with, really friendly and energized. I don't like how they started out /only/ scumread/scumleaned on people who voted them even though I agree with their thoughts on algae just being a newb, though. That being said they're confirmed town (who also think I'm scum, wonderful, so glad you guys don't want help D:), so there isn't much more to say here other than they seem to have ended up at the same conclusion as titus-thor and I are scum together.
I'd just like to reiterate that I'm VT. No CC to nahdia to be found here.

5) House-This guy. I don't like him.
When I read is entrance posts, it really seemed like he was a VT. He made a silly mistake with thinking 3 people were scum, honestly admitted it. Clean.
Then I got to them complaining about the wall wars. They put Titus "accidentally" at L-1, then blamed it on the walls. Considering their later expectations towards certain people to diligently read through the stuff they posted (see Nahdia and murdercat), that's off. Either off, or really hypocritical. Either way, one scum point to them for that.
Next, they several times threaten people with the fact that they'll make long posts/semantic stuff. Point is, they're urging people to back off without using evidence. That bothers me.
After that (or maybe before, I don't even know anymore 34 pages is a lot of shit to get through), he starts pushing a thor/nahdia scum team. When he treats titus as confirmed JK. He's all like "yeah I don't believe you because I've fakeclaimed PR as scum and won therefore you're doing the same thing," while saying "you probably won't get CC'ed." The funny thing is, for the most part, House sort of orders Titus (logically, but still, he's doing the ordering there–easy way to predict JK movement if you're scum) to play in case of a RB. Also, if he push Nahdia as lying scum, and he get nahdia lynched, like titus said: he's killed the BP in one shot.
House, do you still think the team is Thor/Nahdia?

Then murdercat and performer arrive, and House promptly puts them at the bottom of his list. Note that they haven't even really gotten a chance to interact with people yet. Why would House do that? Because lynching them is easier as they have nothing to defend themselves with other than a claim-except both possible PRs already ARE claimed. So they can only claim VT. House then proceeds to vote Performer without even interacting with them seriously and with no reasoning, pushes a rushed lynch, and gets them killed. Vanilla townie flip.
Great.
Finally, I'd just like to note that throughout their posts house has very little interest in finding townreads–so that they can prepare to "prove" anyone as scum whenever they need to.
They even do this while in their pre-titus claim posts scumreading titus for not having townreads.
Furthermore, the posts towards towards their scumreads have a hostile sort of tone that sounds to an outsider like me similar to "You HAVE to trust me because this person is a horrible player." I'm not saying that's their intention, but that's very much so how it comes out to me.
So, house:
Who are your current townreads and why?

{SCUM}
Will post more later, got to go do other stuff.

PEDit: OK I'm already at L-2 please at least wait a few more hours before you decide to hammer me.
That's depriving town of precious discussion time in general to consolidate reads.

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:25 pm

Post by Zyf »

A lot of votes got shifted onto performer with no reasoning.

Also MURDERCAT you pretty much ended up shifting it to Performer. that being said there probably would have been no lynch otherwise which is pretty bad considering the PR(s) are all claimed already. still you sound kinda scummy for implying it wasn't you.

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:13 pm

Post by Zyf »

In post 833, Zyf wrote:1) Me/Mizzy/Ness-I agree on the dislike towards ness' posts that seem contradictory; Mizzy I don't know what to say as they never really ended up getting much done (didn't even get through the whole thread), but the complaint about having to "think really hard on reads" came to me as kinda scummy. Nope. I'm just your average VT. Again. {TOWN}

2) Percifrax-The initial whole discussion about second-vote meta seems to be coming from a concerned newbtown perspective; he ends up repeating himself multiple times, but the pressure to reiterate is there and he is at least consistent. The tone doesn't really sound like a scummy sort of porcupine defense as much as it sounds like an "I'm sorry please trust me, it comes from past other-site experience that doesn't apply here." His later posts contain reads that don't seem like carbon copies, and he seems to have a keen eye for patterns. He also seems to be giving people the benefit of the doubt, which I would hope is a sign of a townie since scum are (as far as I've seen) aggressive in their pushes and don't soften their ideas/back down. {TOWN}

3) Titus-Dead, conftown PR (Jailkeeper). RIP. They seemed to dislike thor throughout the entire rest of the match, so while I personally see thor as a slight townlean I'm definitely going to be more hesitant on trusting them. In my last game I trusted pretty much entirely the dead cop's reads (assuming someone was the peek when they weren't) and that got us the loss in 5p lylo, however, so I wouldn't immediately jump thor as guaranteed scum. Their other scumread was me, too, so while I'm not going to say that my previous selves looked townie (they really offered little to no content valuable to discussion), I further hesitate to immediately tunnel thor as scum. The vote on me seems like a town move, anyway, but that's getting too far into thor.

4) Performer-Dead, conftown VT. RIP. A bit confused and disappointed about how they ended up getting lynched; Algae was just a total mafia newbie in general and performer seems like they would have been fun to play with, really friendly and energized. I don't like how they started out /only/ scumread/scumleaned on people who voted them even though I agree with their thoughts on algae just being a newb, though. That being said they're confirmed town (who also think I'm scum, wonderful, so glad you guys don't want help D:), so there isn't much more to say here other than they seem to have ended up at the same conclusion as titus-thor and I are scum together.

When I read is entrance posts, it really seemed like he was a VT. He made a silly mistake with thinking 3 people were scum, honestly admitted it. Clean.
Then I got to them complaining about the wall wars. They put Titus "accidentally" at L-1, then blamed it on the walls. Considering their later expectations towards certain people to diligently read through the stuff they posted (see Nahdia and murdercat), that's off. Either off, or really hypocritical. Either way, one scum point to them for that.
Next, they several times threaten people with the fact that they'll make long posts/semantic stuff. Point is, they're urging people to back off without using evidence. That bothers me.
After that (or maybe before, I don't even know anymore 34 pages is a lot of shit to get through), he starts pushing a thor/nahdia scum team. When he treats titus as confirmed JK. He's all like "yeah I don't believe you because I've fakeclaimed PR as scum and won therefore you're doing the same thing," while saying "you probably won't get CC'ed." The funny thing is, for the most part, House sort of orders Titus (logically, but still, he's doing the ordering there–easy way to predict JK movement if you're scum) to play in case of a RB. Also, if he push Nahdia as lying scum, and he get nahdia lynched, like titus said: he's killed the BP in one shot.

Then murdercat and performer arrive, and House promptly puts them at the bottom of his list. Note that they haven't even really gotten a chance to interact with people yet. Why would House do that? Because lynching them is easier as they have nothing to defend themselves with other than a claim-except both possible PRs already ARE claimed. So they can only claim VT. House then proceeds to vote Performer without even interacting with them seriously and with no reasoning, pushes a rushed lynch, and gets them killed. Vanilla townie flip.
Great.
Finally, I'd just like to note that throughout their posts house has very little interest in finding townreads–so that they can prepare to "prove" anyone as scum whenever they need to.
They even do this while in their pre-titus claim posts scumreading titus for not having townreads.
Furthermore, the posts towards towards their scumreads have a hostile sort of tone that sounds to an outsider like me similar to "You HAVE to trust me because this person is a horrible player." I'm not saying that's their intention, but that's very much so how it comes out to me.
So, house:

{SCUM}

PEDit: OK I'm already at L-2 please at least wait a few more hours before you decide to hammer me.
That's depriving town of precious discussion time in general to consolidate reads.
So that they're together.
6) Nahdia-Claimed BP. I mostly believe this claim because, as others have pointed out, Nahdia claimed BP without pressure from anyone other than house. Scum would have no reason to claim BP at that point. Also I think House is scummy, so them not believing Nahdia/selling nahdia as scum makes me believe Nahdia a bit more.
However, I don't like the bragging Nahdia set up as that look like she's trying to shield herself. Also, the snark is rather irking.
OTOH, Nahdia sounds more like a saltstorm that really doesn't give a s*** about the match much.
This seems perfectly aligned with a BP role. You're guaranteed to live two days unless you get lynched (which you shouldn't as long as people believe your claim), but there's no special power that's going to make you interested in playing the game that little extra bit.
Seriously though, I need some more info.
Nahdia, what are your current reads and why?

{NULLTOWN}

7) MURDERCAT-Hasn't really posted with people other than House. Considering House is scummy, I'm very aware of the possibility of a distancing ploy. They make an active effort to make the missing people/replacements to talk. Also would like to note that they appear to be less prone to tunneling someone. Not sure whether that's NAI, protown, or antitown. Overall, I'm not getting much. Gonna have to wait a bit on this one.
{NULL}

8) Copper-Reminds me of Perci for some reason. Gives people the benefit of the doubt, tries to prevent tunneling early on. Seems to be balanced between posting their own thoughts and getting thoughts from others. Similarly appear to have a sharp eye for patterns (the MURDERCAT read list catch). Overall seem to be trying to get the whole town talking, which is a pretty good sign imo.
This is my strongest townread, especially since copper doesn't have anything that rings particularly scummy to me.
That being said,
would like an updated read list. Preferably with reasons.

{TOWN}

Aaaaand my computer's about to die, so gimme a sec for thor.

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:43 pm

Post by Zyf »

In post 837, Zyf wrote:
In post 833, Zyf wrote:1) Me/Mizzy/Ness-I agree on the dislike towards ness' posts that seem contradictory; Mizzy I don't know what to say as they never really ended up getting much done (didn't even get through the whole thread), but the complaint about having to "think really hard on reads" came to me as kinda scummy. Nope. I'm just your average VT. Again. {TOWN}

Great.
So, house:

{SCUM}

So that they're together.
6) Nahdia-Claimed BP. I mostly believe this claim because, as others have pointed out, Nahdia claimed BP without pressure from anyone other than house. Scum would have no reason to claim BP at that point. Also I think House is scummy, so them not believing Nahdia/selling nahdia as scum makes me believe Nahdia a bit more.
However, I don't like the bragging Nahdia set up as that look like she's trying to shield herself. Also, the snark is rather irking.
OTOH, Nahdia sounds more like a saltstorm that really doesn't give a s*** about the match much.
This seems perfectly aligned with a BP role. You're guaranteed to live two days unless you get lynched (which you shouldn't as long as people believe your claim), but there's no special power that's going to make you interested in playing the game that little extra bit.
Seriously though, I need some more info.
Nahdia, what are your current reads and why?

{NULLTOWN}

7) MURDERCAT-Hasn't really posted with people other than House. Considering House is scummy, I'm very aware of the possibility of a distancing ploy. They make an active effort to make the missing people/replacements to talk. Also would like to note that they appear to be less prone to tunneling someone. Not sure whether that's NAI, protown, or antitown. Overall, I'm not getting much. Gonna have to wait a bit on this one.
{NULL}
Charloux didn't really give anything, just kinda huffed out. e.e
As for root, they sounded interested in getting into the game, and similar to copper tried to get people in, but they just kinda disappeared. >.<'

8) Copper-Reminds me of Perci for some reason. Gives people the benefit of the doubt, tries to prevent tunneling early on. Seems to be balanced between posting their own thoughts and getting thoughts from others. Similarly appear to have a sharp eye for patterns (the MURDERCAT read list catch). Overall seem to be trying to get the whole town talking, which is a pretty good sign imo.
This is my strongest townread, especially since copper doesn't have anything that rings particularly scummy to me.
That being said,
would like an updated read list. Preferably with reasons.

{TOWN}

Aaaaand my computer's about to die, so gimme a sec for thor.
Note: added charloux/root thoughts because I forgot they existed.
9) Thor-the initial interaction with titus actually feels to me like two townies strangling each other with different mindsets (and double tunneling) which prevent them from coming to accept each other as town. More gut than anything else. Then they go into murdercat's case which still feels the same. Overall, Thor doesn't seem to like anyone's cases and in general it looks to me like they have decided to stick to their own reads only. Reads to me as town as scum's goal is to blend in and merge with the crowd. However, WIFOM is a thing and titus didn't like them either so I'm going to be a little less comfortable entirely trusting Thor.
{NULLTOWN}

10) but let's be honest guys....
Drixx-CLEAR SCUM ZOMG
MURDERED 6 PPL IN BROAD DAYLIGHT
{CONFSCUM}

Anyway here are my reads from town to scum
Titus/performer

Me
Copper
Perci
Thor
Nahdia
MURDERCAT
House
-
-
-
Drixx

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:44 pm

Post by Zyf »

Catch-up complete
Please ask me some questions before you unconditionally scumtunnel me.

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:22 pm

Post by Zyf »

I...did?
No defense, no response except for a tone of "lol u suck"
Ok.
VOTE: house

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:24 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 843, copper223 wrote:Skimming here as it's 6.30 and I have to go to work, the catch-up from Zyf seems reasonable at first glance and is making me think about things twice, the problem I have is that what Murder said is true, we tried to shift the lynch to your slot and there weren't many buyers.
That wasn't me, so...
I dunno what I can say about that.

Tbf I'm not sure what made the slot scummy aside from a lack of activity.

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:50 am

Post by Zyf »

Performer, apparently.
Which is a given considering they wouldn't self lynch as a normal fm player.

MC and Copper also both voted the slot but they gave up after a lack of agreement from other players.

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:22 am

Post by Zyf »

You also don't like me or nahdia.
So who exactly do you like?

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:43 am

Post by Zyf »

Your whole attitude is just...so hostile.
You're completely unwilling to work with us which really doesn't help the town. At all.

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:52 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 854, House wrote:
In post 853, Zyf wrote:Your whole attitude is just...so hostile.
You're completely unwilling to work with us which really doesn't help the town. At all.
I've actually been rather apathetic about the game in general due to the above posts.

What can House do for you?
Townreads are what I really want/need from you right now. You've made your scumreads pretty clear.

Also, an explanation for why you decided to get a performer wagon/lynch without any reasons behind it.

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (isolation #12) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:39 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 859, House wrote:
In post 855, Zyf wrote:Townreads are what I really want/need from you right now. You've made your scumreads pretty clear.
Not really interested in providing scum with a hit list, or deterring them from making suboptimal kills.
Problem is, iirc, you specifically called out titus for not posting townreads, noting that it allows titus to scumread anyone without having to fight against their previous logic. And you're doing the same thing.
If everyone decided, "eh, I'm not posting townreads because it makes it easier for scum" then we would have just a fingerpointing session.

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (isolation #13) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:27 am

Post by Zyf »

Ok, so if I say I'm paranoid about you and will continue to scumread yo without your townreads, will you give me what I need?

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (isolation #14) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:26 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 866, Thor665 wrote:
Unvote: Zyf
Vote: House
?
I mean I appreciate the support but why exactly is this vote here?

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (isolation #15) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:24 am

Post by Zyf »

What is it with you people and not giving my questions valid answers?

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (isolation #16) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:38 am

Post by Zyf »

Iunno
Just feels spaced out so I don't know if you had some sort of new revelation that inspired you to go from FOS to vote

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (isolation #17) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:46 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 876, Thor665 wrote:So when you asked "why is this vote here" you actually meant "understanding that you suspect House for some clearly stated reasons, and seeing how he has ducked a question from you twice in a row in the past few hours, why did our vote move?"

Seems pretty self explanatory, really.
oh
ok

yeah it was a "Why are you voting him only now if you had issues with him before?"

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (isolation #18) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:18 am

Post by Zyf »

Hence the oh, ok

In other words, I understand your vote now. At this point, we're just clogging the thread.
That being said thor, I have no clue who house's scumbuddy could possibly be. Any ideas?

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (isolation #19) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:23 am

Post by Zyf »

Lol @ me being house's buddy
Why would 2 mafia plan for one mafia attack another one and have the other one be completely apathetic?
There's virtually no benefit in it.

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (isolation #20) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:43 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 882, Thor665 wrote:Other than the potential benefit of using it as an argument that you're not scumbuddies - I agree.
Of course, bussing and distancing *are* popular scum tactics for that very reason.
I suppose.
But if it's bussing it's the most blatant bus ever, and if it's distancing, usually the two scum fight to make it "clearer," no?

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (isolation #21) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:57 am

Post by Zyf »

And I'm pretty sure that I'll never convince you, either. XD

Why perci in particular though?

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (isolation #22) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:48 pm

Post by Zyf »

Ah. Fair enough.
But doesn't your distancing/bussing logic apply to nahdia too?

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (isolation #23) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:32 pm

Post by Zyf »

In post 889, Nahdia wrote:bwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
..?
wtf i can't even tell if that's annoyance or sadness

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (isolation #24) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:58 pm

Post by Zyf »

In post 897, House wrote:VOTE: House

Let's do it.
:O
!!!!!
WTF
That's hammer!
What the actual heck house
:( Sorry if I did something to upset you...

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (isolation #25) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:01 pm

Post by Zyf »

Your play looks like a distancing strategy, MC.
Honestly this game is so dead...it makes me so sad :(

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (isolation #26) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:08 pm

Post by Zyf »

In post 907, House wrote:
In post 906, MURDERCAT wrote:I've seen frustrated town self-hammer, it doesn't look like that.
I've seen scum gloat. It looks like you.
+1

But if you aren't scum why would you self hammer? Even if you don't care self hammering deprives town of info and ends their day early.

At this point I'm praying that this game even finishes...

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (isolation #27) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:15 pm

Post by Zyf »

I'm upset that this game is pretty much dead.
I mean look at this:
In post 889, Nahdia wrote:bwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
QUALITY content right there

It doesn't even matter if I think you're scum with house and you think I'm scum with house, because WE CAN'T GET A LYNCH IN 5P LYLO
literally one of us has to self-hammer to advance the game. like wtf happened

PEdit-Ok house, whatever you say, scumboi.
And if some f***ing how you're actually town sure. I'll try to, you know, coax them to self lynch like you did.

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (isolation #28) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:25 pm

Post by Zyf »

In post 919, House wrote:
In post 918, Zyf wrote:PEdit-Ok house, whatever you say, scumboi.
And if some f***ing how you're actually town sure. I'll try to, you know, coax them to self lynch like you did.
It takes three to lynch in five person lylo.

Wtf are you on about?
Thor, mc, and I are the only active players
If you're for some reason just a lazy town player who's a d*** that wants to see us lose, then if even one of them is scum then they have to self-vote to get the majority.

@nahdia-I'm gonna go ahead and steal your quote here
Sage.
Fukin sage.

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (isolation #29) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:37 pm

Post by Zyf »

;-;

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (isolation #30) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:23 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 930, Nahdia wrote:man this sure is a great NEWBIE GAME huh guys?
I'm literally the only newbie here
what the actual fuck how is this fair

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (isolation #31) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:24 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 941, copper223 wrote:
In post 898, Zyf wrote:
In post 897, House wrote:VOTE: House

Let's do it.
:O
!!!!!
WTF
That's hammer!
What the actual heck house
:( Sorry if I did something to upset you...
This is scummy.
Because fake tone exaggeration?

Regardless of alignment, I felt like house was pissed at us and the way rather than some strategic ingame move
kinda like the charloux replacement...

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (isolation #32) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:25 am

Post by Zyf »

Can you guys, like, announce when I'm L-2 and stuff?

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (isolation #33) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:30 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 933, Drixx wrote:
The only thing I can say is that any newbie who makes it through this game is only going to have better experiences going forward. This has been brutal. I mean ... it's a lot of little errors that crept in because I was ill and sleeping a lot and then in this last case just didn't change one single number. But sometimes that stuff happens, so at least I hope that everyone sees I'm trying to impact the game as little as possible with how I resolve them. I am, seriously, quite embarrassed. I've also got a really nice set of template documents and checklists to avoid making the same mistakes again :)
>Newbie
>"Makes it through this game"
Because I'm totally not at L-2 or anything.

That aside, drixx, relax, it's fine. it's not your fault that there have been so many replacements.
:) :)

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (isolation #34) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:33 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 947, House wrote:
In post 934, MURDERCAT wrote:I've never seen town self hammer 2 pages into a day when he thinks scum is pushing him. It doesn't make any sense to me. If he is town I think it's objectively playing against win con.
Look at my vote. It's obvious I didn't know it was a hammer.
But there's still absolutely no reason to self vote.
The Being A Good IC page wrote:Self-Voting/Hammering:
Most of us know that there are very, very few circumstances when self-voting and/or hammering (as Town) is actually helpful to the town. This type of behavior should be kept out of Newbie games, because it does not teach the new players how to play the game correctly. You are not playing to fulfill your win condition as a Town player when you self-vote or self-hammer - a better example to set would be to show the new players how to talk your way out of that situation. Failing that, let the other players lynch you, as you're supposed to do. Remember that voting is the primary method we use to judge people's alignments, and by taking away someone's vote by self-voting, you are denying the town needed information.
Of course, if you're scum then feel free to self-vote/self-hammer. Self-voting/self-hammering as scum denies the town information and IS playing toward your win condition by confusing the remaining townies and allowing your partner to hide in the confusion.
i mean, this is hardly a newbie game anymore but y'know, still

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (isolation #35) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:40 am

Post by Zyf »

Copper, I'm sorry if my natural personality makes you feel like I'm scum.

I just figured that transparency is usually better than hiding things from town
in a /newbie/, anyway
hahahaha oh the irony

PEdit-House
1) How does that help you?
2) Point is it's considered playing against wincon if you're town. Meaning if the mod is being really strict, you technically can only pull this as scum to avoid modkill. Granted, drixx messed up so they may just be letting you go.

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (isolation #36) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:44 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 953, Thor665 wrote:
In post 944, Zyf wrote:
I'm literally the only newbie here
what the actual Smurf how is this fair
The counter question would be 'how is it unfair'?
At the end of the day the purpose of this game is to provide Newbie's a setup wherein there are players (myself and the SE slots) who accept an additional responsibility of answering questions and offering game theory on request.
That's the beginning and the end of the Newbie aspect of the Newbie game - it's a game where we accept Newbie slots are learning, but the game was always intended to have experienced players in it alongside new players - a shifting of the ratios really changes nothing that I can see.

We can all agree House is playing terribly - the question is, is he terrible scum or terrible town? I favor the later at this stage.
I'm pretty sure 3:6->8:1 isn't quite right
*latter
House is terrible=>town, I'm apologetic=>scum.
That's the message I'm getting

PEdit-You certainly do have some sort of clue because you guys continually scumread me based on personality/empathy

GDI post review let me post

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (isolation #37) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:45 am

Post by Zyf »

so if i'm somehow scum, who exactly is my buddy?

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (isolation #38) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:49 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 961, copper223 wrote:As I said, I think the way he differentiated between house and I when we both pushed on him was a decent town-tell, you have to be the kind of scum that can think about it from a townie perspective, decide which of the two cases is more likely to come from town and what the rest of town is likely going to think (and he was right given how fast house's town-reads disappeared), and then sound genuine in your selective OMGUS on one of us, I find it more likely he is just town and that was his natural reaction.
You guys seriously need to use the quote system.
1) Who are you responding to
2) who is the first he?

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (isolation #39) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:51 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 965, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 960, Zyf wrote:so if i'm somehow scum, who exactly is my buddy?
Interestingly enough, I always find this particularly comment to be moderately scummy. It's a useless question, asking for preflip associatives, and it's purely done to discredit whoever is suspicious of you. Rather than pointing to how you're town, you attempt to distract by pointing at how you don't have strong associatives with any scummy slot.

:P Still haven't read.
Except that, you know, I've already explained my real reason for doing it. I mean I could lie but that's a worse decision, isn't it?

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (isolation #40) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:54 am

Post by Zyf »

Watch this s*** guys
VOTE: zyf

At least I got more than 3 people on the thread
glad to be of service, jerks

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (isolation #41) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:55 am

Post by Zyf »

no
by the way
L-1

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (isolation #42) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:00 am

Post by Zyf »

OK. I did this for 1 reason
because i want to make this clear for future games, since I jumped into being immediately thrown under the bus
I'm mafia roleblocker

But the comment I made about house was a LEGITIMATE CONCERN I DID SOMETHING AND WAS A SERIOUS APOLOGY
god
frik you guys, I'm out

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (isolation #43) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:00 am

Post by Zyf »

i'm roleblocker

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (isolation #44) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:03 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 989, Zyf wrote:
i'm roleblocker
*I was

zyf was found in a fire sprinkled with salt
someone thought their steak was weird the next morning

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (isolation #45) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:04 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 991, copper223 wrote:@Zyf
You can't make "genuine" comments from the wrong alignment.
As a matter of fact, I can
it's essentially the inverse of policy lynching someone

good luck, scum buddy
you know who you are, and you're going to need it

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (isolation #46) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:05 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 995, House wrote:
In post 985, Zyf wrote: But the comment I made about house was a LEGITIMATE CONCERN I DID SOMETHING AND WAS A SERIOUS APOLOGY
god
frik you guys, I'm out
Bro, you did nothing to apologize for to my knowledge
ok thanks :]
good to know that

surprise drixx
there was an actual hammer this time

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1000 (isolation #47) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:07 am

Post by Zyf »

oh wait before i go
it's wifom time

one of house and thor is scum

*mic drop*

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (isolation #48) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:12 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 1003, Nahdia wrote:tbf i am extremely uninvested in this game but i consider my towngame to be very weak anyway so
I will be disappointed if you self-vote yourself
that would be a bad example to the NEWBIES in the thread
oh wait
hahahahahahahhaah
THERE ARE NONE

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (isolation #49) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:26 am

Post by Zyf »

W I F O M

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1405 (isolation #50) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:25 am

Post by Zyf »

good shit nahdia
:)

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1407 (isolation #51) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:32 am

Post by Zyf »

town was most likely gonna win this one

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1410 (isolation #52) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:00 am

Post by Zyf »

MC was absolutely my scum friend
Let me tell you that watching House get completely baited for a few days by the WIFOM I did was absolutely hilarious to watch

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1418 (isolation #53) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:42 am

Post by Zyf »

a smaller voice notes that the moderator is correct