Jeffcole1
Goon
Jeffcole1
Goon
Goon

Open 212--Hard Boiled Mafia (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:50 am

Post by Jeffcole1 »

I like my Mafia like I like my eggs...Hard Boiled!

Game Status:
Game Over, Mafia Win

Alive (2/12):
chauchaudotcom, Mafia Goon, Survived
farside22, Mafia Goon, Survived

Dead (10/12):
NickF227
Ythan
Albert B. Rampage
, Hider Tracker, Lynched Day 1
Bio Hazard, Townie, Killed Night 1
McGriddle
ksun482
, Hider, Killed Night 1
evilsnail, Townie, Lynched Day 2
Pittbunny
Deer
GoroHonda
, Psychologist, Killed Night 2

semioldguy, Mafia Goon, Killed Night 2

Pie_is_good
hitogoroshi
RayFrost
, Townie, Lynched Day 3
Mysterious Mystery Man, Townie, Killed Night 3
Confucius
ortolan
, Vigilante, Killed Night 3
havingfitz
Mindgamer
, Townie, Killed in Endgame

Modkilled:

No one was modkilled.
Last edited by Jeffcole1 on Thu May 27, 2010 10:35 am, edited 20 times in total.
Current Games:
--Munchkin Quest Tournament (Game A: Jeffcole1 vs. RedPanda vs. Ravel vs. animorpherv1 vs. Kcdaspot)
--Shadow Hunters
--Haunted Mansion
Jeffcole1
Jeffcole1
Goon
Jeffcole1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:00 am

Post by Jeffcole1 »

Jeffcole1's Mafia Contract

As your moderator, I will:

1. Treat this game as a commitment, both to myself and to you, the players.
2. Resolve any and all disputes in a timely and unbiased manner. In any situation not covered by these rules, my word is final.
3. Post an updated vote count no less than once per real-life day, and as often as once per page if possible.
4. Prod anyone who fails to post in the thread for 72 consecutive hours (not counting weekends or U.S.-recognized holidays), or upon request by either at least three (3) living players or at least half of all living players, whichever is less; players so prodded must respond in thread within 48 hours of receiving said prod or be replaced. If three (3) prods are issued to a single player in a single game day, or if five (5) prods are issued to a single player over the course of the game, that player will be automatically replaced.
5. Be open to having any mistakes on my part pointed out in a civil manner, and correct such mistakes at the first opportunity.
6. Replace or, failing that, modkill any player found to be in violation of the rules listed below. Modkills will automatically end the day, and any player who is modkilled will be turned into a Neutral Survivor, and thus automatically lose, regardless of whether their original faction wins.
7. Inform all players if I anticipate losing access to the game for a period of time which would prevent me from carrying out the above obligations.

As players in this game, you are expected to:

1. Treat this game as a commitment to yourself, to your fellow players, and to me.
2. Confirm receipt of your role PM by return PM as soon as possible after receiving it, and include your role name in your confirmation PM as proof that you have read and understand your role. Any player who fails to confirm within 48 hours of receiving their role PM is at risk of replacement.
3. Be civil to your fellow players and to me; no one likes a jackass.
4. Be active; at least one post per 24 hours is recommended. Also see the above rule regarding prods and replacement.
5. Refrain from using
purple text
in your posts, as this is my mod color. Anyone using purple text without intent to impersonate me will have said text edited to black and be given a warning. Anyone caught impersonating me for any reason will be forcibly replaced or, failing that, modkilled.
6. Refrain from attempting to hide text via invisible or small text tags. Any such text found will be made visible or simply deleted, and the offender will be given a warning.
7. Refrain from editing or deleting posts, should you have the ability to do so.
8. Refrain from communicating with other players outside of this thread, except where explicitly permitted by your role PM.
9. Refrain from discussing other games which have not ended, including those outside of this forum. A first breach of this rule will result in the offender receiving a warning; a second offense will result in forced replacement or modkill.
10. Refrain from further posting once your death scene has been posted. You are permitted one "Bah!"-type post, as long as said post does not contain any game-related information.
11. Refrain from quoting, or pretending to quote, any personal communications with me or with other players, including, but not limited to, role PMs, quicktopic/PM communications, and investigation results; doing so is grounds for an immediate modkill. Paraphrasing private information is allowed, but if your paraphrase is deemed too close to the actual content of the PM in question, you may be at risk of a modkill. If you're not sure, PM me first and I'll decide if it's acceptable.
12. PM me with any questions regarding your role or other private information; do not post such questions in the thread.
Bold
any requests made toward me in thread for ease of detection.
14. Post a notice in the thread if you anticipate being absent for longer than 48 hours. If you will be absent for a particularly long time, I may deem it necessary to replace you.
15. Have fun and enjoy the game.

Voting, Deadlines, and Lynches:

1. A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down). Once said simple majority is reached, unvotes will not stop the lynch.
2. Please submit votes as:
Vote: <name>
. Votes will NOT be counted otherwise! Abbreviations are accepted, as long as it is clear who is being voted for.
3. Please submit vote revocations as either
Unvote: <name>
or
Unvote
. Unvotes are not required before changing votes, but they are appreciated.
4. You may
Vote: No Lynch
- a simple majority of votes of this type are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
5. Once a simple majority is reached (for either a lynch or No Lynch), the game immediately enters Twilight. This lasts until I post an End of Day scene and lock the thread. All players may continue to post during Twilight, including the player to be lynched (if any).
6. In this game, each Day phase will have a fixed, non-negotiable deadline of 3 weeks (21 days). This deadline may be shortened at my discretion if I feel discussion is lagging. If a simple majority is not reached by the deadline, No Lynch will occur. Each Night phase will have a non-negotiable deadline of 3 days. Any Night actions not submitted by the deadline will be forfeit, unless the owner's role PM says otherwise.
Last edited by Jeffcole1 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Games:
--Munchkin Quest Tournament (Game A: Jeffcole1 vs. RedPanda vs. Ravel vs. animorpherv1 vs. Kcdaspot)
--Shadow Hunters
--Haunted Mansion
Jeffcole1
Jeffcole1
Goon
Jeffcole1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:10 am

Post by Jeffcole1 »

The Setup

This game will use the Hard Boiled setup, created by Albert B. Rampage in this thread. This setup consists of the following roles (quoted from ABR's post):
Hard Boiled
Mafia

3 Mafia Goons

Town

5 Vanilla

1 Tracker OR Vigilante (On N1 the player decides which he wants to be and is stuck with it for the rest of the game)
1 Hider (dies if he hides with mafia or vigilante, or if the person he is hiding with dies)
1 Hider Tracker (the person the hider was hiding with is revealed to the HT. Cannot track anyone else and doesn't know who the hider is)

The last power role has a random chance of being either
:

Detective (targets a player and finds out if that player has killed another player or not)
OR
Psychologist (targets a player and finds out if that player has the potential to kill, but if the player has already killed, the psychologist will get a negative result)

Day start.

Here are all of the role PMs which may appear in this game:
Welcome to Hard Boiled Mafia, <name>. You are a
Mafia Goon
, along with <name 1> and <name 2>, who are also Goons. Each night, the three of you may communicate via a Quicktopic and decide on someone to kill via PM to the mod. You win when the Mafia equals or outnumbers the town (or nothing can prevent the same).

Please confirm via return PM. You will not be allowed to access the Mafia quicktopic until you have confirmed.
Vanilla Townie
. You have no special abilities except your mind and your vote. Use them wisely! You win when the Mafia has been eliminated.

Please confirm via return PM.
Welcome to Hard Boiled Mafia, <name>. You begin the game as a
Vanilla Townie
, but on Night 1, you must choose whether to become a
Tracker
or a
Vigilante
. As a Tracker, you may spy on one person each night, starting on Night 2; you will be told who, if anyone, that player targeted with a night action. As a Vigilante, you may choose to kill one player each night, starting on Night 2. Choose wisely; once you've decided on a role, you're stuck with it for the rest of the game. You win when the Mafia has been eliminated.

Hider
. Each night, you may choose someone to hide behind via PM to the mod. This makes you immune to any kills directed at you; however, if the person you are hiding behind is killed, you will die with them. You will also die if you try to hide behind a Mafia member or the Vigilante. You win when the Mafia has been eliminated.

Hider Tracker
. Each night, you will be told who, if anyone, the Hider chose to hide behind that night. You will not be told who the Hider is, and you cannot track anyone else. You win when the Mafia has been eliminated.

Detective
. Each night, you may target a player. You will be told whether that player has killed anyone on any previous night. You win when the Mafia has been eliminated.

Psychologist
. Each night, you may target a player. You will be told whether that player has the potential to kill someone; however, if that player has already killed someone on any previous night, you will get a negative result. You win when the Mafia has been eliminated.

Current Games:
--Shadow Hunters
--Haunted Mansion
Jeffcole1
Jeffcole1
Goon
Jeffcole1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:12 am

Post by Jeffcole1 »

Role PMs are being sent. Once at least 10 players have confirmed, the game will begin.
Current Games:
--Shadow Hunters
--Haunted Mansion
Jeffcole1
Jeffcole1
Goon
Jeffcole1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:58 am

Post by Jeffcole1 »

Still waiting on one player, but everyone else has confirmed, so the game begins now!

It is now Day 1. With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch. Deadline is set for March 30, 2010, at 9:00 PM EST.
Current Games:
--Shadow Hunters
--Haunted Mansion
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:15 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Vote: Semioldguy

Darkwing Duck is awesome.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:15 am

Post by farside22 »

Vote: ABR

You sir are an very erractic player. What ABR will show up to this game? Quiet/lurky, awesome and aggressive, laid back?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:31 am

Post by chauchaudotcom »

Vote: RayFrost
for always being scum.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:51 am

Post by Mysterious Mystery Man »

Vote: Mindgamer

We're together two games in a row? Conspiracy!
Also known as: cheater_1
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:07 am

Post by evilsnail »

Bio Hazard
Bio Hazard
Goon
Bio Hazard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:35 am

Post by Bio Hazard »

Mysterious Mystery Man wrote:
Vote: Mindgamer

We're together two games in a row? Conspiracy!
Scumfail

Vote: Mysteriuos Mystery Man
ksun482
ksun482
Townie
ksun482
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by ksun482 »

Vote: semioldguy
I am always scum. Always. Including in this game.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:57 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I can be a child sometimes.

In this game, I will be mature and cultured.

Vote: Ksun

BTW, someone ask Vel to run background checks on the new players in this game.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by RayFrost »

chauchaudotcom wrote:
for always being scum.
You are just bitter that I am awesome as scum and you can't catch me. :wink:

No random vote from me. [/METABREAKER + COMBOBREAKER]
don't you feel silly now?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by farside22 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote: BTW, someone ask Vel to run background checks on the new players in this game.
All I can say is that ksun isn't an alt if that is what your asking and doesn't share an IP with anyone in the game but seems to have 2 very similar names running around this place
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:04 pm

Post by ortolan »

gogo ABR wagon

Vote: ksun
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:55 am

Post by chauchaudotcom »

Frost wrote:You are just bitter that I am awesome as scum and you can't catch me. Wink
It's hard to catch scum from the grave. But I've already devised a plan for the future. Initiate zombie mode.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:06 am

So... prod GoroHonda and semioldguy?
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:58 am

Post by semioldguy »

Vote: Mysterious Mystery Man

I didn't notice the thread was opened, thanks for the prod request.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:29 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Evilsnail and Ksun482, why did you not give a silly reason for your random vote?
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:03 am

A lot of people didn't give silly reasons.
ksun482
ksun482
Townie
ksun482
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:42 am

Post by ksun482 »

I used random.org, btw and Tracker OR Vigilante choose tracker!
I am always scum. Always. Including in this game.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by semioldguy »

@ksun
That choice should be left up to the Tracker/Vig to decide.

What experience do you have in playing mafia outside of this site?
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Bio Hazard
Bio Hazard
Goon
Bio Hazard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by Bio Hazard »

Mindgamer wrote:Evilsnail and Ksun482, why did you not give a silly reason for your random vote?
MMM wrote:A lot of people didn't give silly reasons.
Why the preemptive defense?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by farside22 »

This games seems to be stalling with very little going on.
Question time

What is your belief on policy lynching?

Do you think scum or town lurk more and why?

How active would you say you are in a typical mafia game?

1) I think scum use it more then town. There are some games I can see why a policy lynch is neccessary but they are in larger games.

2) I would say actively lurking is a scum trait. If a person is lurking it could be for many reasons and I see both alignments lurker.

3) I'm so active it hurts. Weekends I dont' post as much but during the work week you will see me here lots.

Return to “Completed Open Games”