Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:29 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Evilsnail and Ksun482, why did you not give a silly reason for your random vote?
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:40 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Farside22
What is your belief on policy lynching?

Do you think scum or town lurk more and why?

How active would you say you are in a typical mafia game?
1. I'm not really a fan of policy lynching.

2. Depends on the player.

3. I usually post once a day in every game I play in. Sometimes I post twice, sometimes I skip a day.
Ksun482
active lurking isn't that bad, because what if you don't have anything to say? So then what?
An experienced player should always know something to say. Even if you don't see something to respond to, you can take an initative like Farside22 did.
RayFrost
Everybody should explain why they are voting who they are voting.
I like the RVS. I like Darkwing Duck. 1 + 1 = 2.

----------

This game isn't going anywhere. Needs more drama.
Unvote. Vote: RayFrost
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:56 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Farside22
mindgammer where have you been? If you can post at least once a day why haven't you?
I didn't say I can post at least once a day. I said I usually post once a day.
RayFrost
reeeeeaaaaaaaaaasooooooooooooniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssss

teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeecccccccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Mindgamer wrote:
EdFrost wrote:ell oh ell, reasoning is tech, mindgamer.
Excuse me, what does tech mean?
I'm still waiting for the answer. :)
Mysterious Mystery Man
Okay, this set-up doesn't have a jester, but otherwise I'd swear that's your role. You sincerely believe I am scum? Based on what? That I didn't have good reasoning for my RVS vote?
Why the big fuss about a few simple votes? Frustration is more likely to come from scum than from town, you know.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Most of us are chatting, talking about past games, but these two are trying to get a bandwagon on me.
So chatting and talking about past games is a good thing?
Chouchoudotcom
Personally, I don't find a case solely built off meta useful.
Agreed.

----------

I don't like how the Mysterious Mystery Man wagon is growing so quickly. Already three votes, and Evilsnail outing suspicions towards Mysterious Mystery Man. I'd say there's a good chance on of those last three is scum (Semioldguy's vote was a random vote).

@ Moderator
My vote is currently on RayFrost, not Semioldguy.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:40 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Mysterious Mystery Man
I'm not saying that chatting is good or bad, but it's what everyone seems to be doing. The fact that BH and RF are not is suspicious.
So a good townie should conform to what everyone is doing?
Semioldguy
Making a case against a player even partially based upon another ongoing game is poor play as RayFrost wouldn't even be able to defend himself without discussing that game. You apparent insistence to continue using this line of thought even after your warning is scummy to me because it is a dead end as people can't really comment on it. Look elsewhere or come up with a case based upon this game.
I agree that Ythan's case is unfair. However, I'm not sure why you would call it scummy. No one is going to follow Ythan based on secret information in an ongoing game. What advantage would scum have in persisting a chanceless case? It looks more like poor play to me.
Ythan
Your whole basis is that he would be unable to defend himself and you don't even address the content once.
Discussing the content of an ongoing game will result in a modkill. Are you trying to pull a 'SIR CYANIDE'? :P
Ythan
I am looking, actually. I know my reputation precedes me but don't expect me to find every scum in five pages, k?
Hmm... I call sentences like these a strong scumtell. And I'm willing to vote for it.

Unvote. Vote: Ythan

Chauchaudotcom
How exactly is the bandwagon growing quickly? If semioldguy's vote was random there is only Frost and Bio on MMM. And other then snail (who didn't even vote MMM mind you) I don't see anyone else jumping the gun.
It doesn't matter if Semioldguy's vote was random. Fact is he was on the wagon. I think 3½ votes are enough to say that a wagon is growing rapidly.
Evilsnail
Vote: Ythan
No reason at all? Quite scummy. I'd like to know your reason for voting Ythan, and I'd also like to know why you chose not to include the reason in your post.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:23 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Bio Hazard wrote:
Unvote

Vote: Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:09 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Chauchaudotcom
How in the world is this a strong scum tell?
Statements like 'I know I'm good, but don't expect me to catch all the scum so soon!' are usually made by scum, not town.
Farside22
Mindgamer: Both MMM and rayfrost has the same number of votes why are you commenting just about MMM wagon?
MMM's wagon had 3½ votes, RayFrost's 3 including mine. Obviously I'm not going to critisize my own vote.
Bio Hazard
He criticizes the MMM wagon and calls someone on it scum, while not really saying why.
Because the wagon growed so quickly.
Bio Hazard
It's also hypocritical that you said this and then threw down the third vote in a quickly growing Ythan wagon.
Nope, because I believe I have a good reason for my vote.
Deer
Mindgamer: Scummy read - BH's case on him had merit. Why did you stop thinking there was scum on the MMM wagon?
I did? Not at all, sir. Could you point me to the post where you got this impression?
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #7) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:44 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Bio Hazard
Where's this half vote coming from?
Evilsnail.
Bio Hazard
... and the ythan wagon also happened quickly.
I'm not critisizing the wagon I'm on myself obviously.

This has been told earlier, read better thanks.

----------
Chauchaudotcom
eeing how this was said in a joking manner, I still don't see how it is more attributed to scum then town.
Ythan was joking? I didn't get that impression.
Chauchaudotcom
Do you have examples of when this was used and the player flipped scum?
Yes, offsite, it's why I'm using this tell in the first place. However, unless you can read Dutch you won't be able to see the example so you'll just have to trust me.

What's the big deal about the MMM wagon? It's remarkable, but not THAT important. There's more interesting stuf to look at, like Ythan's statement.

The RayFrost vote was a reaction vote, it had nothing to do with the MMM wagon.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:12 am

Post by Mindgamer »

NickF227
Is it just me, or are we just talking in circles? We aren't getting anywhere. Either we decide we are going to lynch someone, or we no-lynch and wait until we get more information. Bullshitting isn't going to get us anywhere.
This post is useless and an attempt to look town. If you're so annoyed by the current discussions, why don't you take an initiative instead of whine?
Ortolan
His statements also reek of excessive dissection and providing excessive detail, possibly in an attempt to feign contribution while leaving few explicit, clearly stated opinions.
What... the... marshmellow?

Take a look at me in ISO. My paragraphs are almost all one sentence long. How can you possibly think I'm excessively elaborating on things?
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #9) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:58 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Farside22
Mindgamer: Why did you vote for Rayfrost pst 55?
To ignite reactions. This has already been said.
Deer
Mindgamer, you still haven't answered me, by the way.
Your question is hidden in a failed quote tag.

'Ythan is not on said wagon. Do you suspect him/nick over RF? BH? farside? If not, then why are you voting him?'

Obviously I suspect NickF227 (brilliant nickname btw) over anyone on the Mysterious Mystery Man wagon. The growth of the Mysterious Mystery Manw wagon is simply remarkable, whereas Ythan has dropped a true scumtell, although not an universally accepted scumtell. NickF227's newest post is also extremely scummy.
Is it just me, or are we just talking in circles? We aren't getting anywhere. Either we decide we are going to lynch someone, or we no-lynch and wait until we get more information. Bullshitting isn't going to get us anywhere.
Pointing out things like 'we aren't getting anywhere' is more likely to come from scum than town, but it's especially NickF227's call for less discussion which stands out. Like lynches/kills are the only way to get information... Could be just newbie behaviour, but it doesn't look good for him.
Ortolan
That's not really what I meant. You just seem to be dissecting a whole bunch of quotes and going off tangent with your answers. It's kind of like Mastin I suppose (although nowhere near as bad).
Very sorry my style of posting does not amuse you. Who is Mastin?
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:12 am

Post by Mindgamer »

*dodges prod*
NickF227
Well, I'm just SO SORRY I'm impatient, guys, I'm used to playing either in real life or playing a forum game where a night phase takes a day, two days tops. You don't have to get all "GOD THAT IS SO SCUMMY' about it.
If you're so impatient, why did you come here in the first place?
I know this post is gonna lead me to get lynched, but it'll still take 10 days for 3 more people to change their votes.
If you're so confident this post wil get you lynched, then why are you posting it? :? Seriously that makes no sense at all.
Deer
Nick just needs to be a little less dramatic. no need to whine, as bio said. I think there could be better lynch choices for today, though.
Such as?
Chauchaudotcom
The big deal is that you made a bold statement about the MMM wagon yet your actions were inconsistent with the statement. Even more so now your saying your vote for Frost wasn't even because of the MMM wagon, which makes me wonder why you even bothered to point out that someone on the MMM wagon was scum in the first place if you weren't even going to pursue them as suspects.
Voice =/= vote. And I still don't see what the big deal is. Why would I spend a lot of effort on every comment I make? Heck, what can I even do? All the voters on the Mysterious Mystery Man wagon have given a simple but clear reason. All I can do is ask them a few small questions and deliver some FoS's. Yay. Or I could spend my efforts on a scummy person like Ythan/NickF227. Yeah, that sounds much better.
Chauchaudotcom
And I still disagree about Ythan's statement being scummy.
K.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #11) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:44 am

Post by Mindgamer »

McGriddle wrote:Chau Chau - It seems like he is being so sarcastic to make it look lke he really is town. I have a very opposite way of thinking. The more townie someone looks the more scummy they look to me.
:shock:
So... how are you going to play this game? Are you going to look for towntells rather than scumtells? Are you going to build cases based on how town people are? Elaborate.
Mysterious Mystery Man wrote:
farside22 wrote:MMM: Why would you think nick's post is better then ythan? And what post would you call good that nick made?
Mostly that he has longer posts
, hasn't been attacking RayFrost for no reason, it's not that he has good posts so much as a lack of really bad posts.
Quantity is quality now?
McGriddle wrote:
Deer wrote:@McGriddle - WTF? Since when does playing protown count as a scumtell?
The more someone acts like they are pro-town the more likely it is they are scum. Not people who are REALLY playing pro-town.
I just know these things. Call it gut if you will.
What's the difference?
Mysterious Mystery Man wrote:@ farside22:
I don't see Nick's vote as scummy. He said it wasn't entirely serious.
If he turned it into a big deal, then it would be a scumtell, but he just unvoted casually. I could be way off on this, but I call it like I see it.
I disagree with this. A vote without reasoning is always scummy, because there is no reason not to share your reasoning with the town. Scum can get an advantage with this though, because it's easy to come up with a reason that fits the situation perfectly later. Saying it's a joke is one of the worst late reasons. Maybe I would buy it if it included something like :P, but there is no such indication at all.
chauchaudotcom wrote:
mindgamer wrote:Voice =/= vote. And I still don't see what the big deal is. Why would I spend a lot of effort on every comment I make? Heck, what can I even do? All the voters on the Mysterious Mystery Man wagon have given a simple but clear reason. All I can do is ask them a few small questions and deliver some FoS's. Yay. Or I could spend my efforts on a scummy person like Ythan/NickF227. Yeah, that sounds much better.
That's precisely my point. Your VOICE said something pretty damn bold, (there is at least one scum on this wagon) but your VOTE doesn't follow or correlate with that claim. It just seemed like you were trying to stir something up without committing to it.
I use Voice and Vote seperately. Using your Vote only to back up your Voice is a waste of your Vote.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:47 am

Post by Mindgamer »

NickF227 wrote:
I use Voice and Vote seperately. Using your Vote only to back up your Voice is a waste of your Vote.
What ever happened to actions speak louder than words?
Does that mean words are worthless? No.

----------

@ Farside22's Top2 question.

I still stand with my Ythan/NickF227 reasoning. I will do a reread of the game tomorrow to determine my second suspect. I had a really busy week so I don't have a good overview of this game at this moment. I apologize.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #13) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by Mindgamer »

Still haven't read the game, aaaargh.

However, I have to say something at this point. I dislike the Mysterious Mystery Man wagon. It's just another wagon based on little tidbits without real scumtells.

McGriddle's 259 is a lot more interesting to me. Deadline is in four days and you vote Mysterious Mystery Man to make the game more exciting? Now THAT's a crappy vote. Explain how a 4th vote on the wagon will open some debate that isn't already taking place. Your vote stinks. I can totally see scum-McGriddle disappearing until deadline, a town-MMM being lynched and McGriddle getting away because his vote was not serious.

Lynch favourite is still NickF227. I'm also supporting a deadline extension with Ortolan and probably Deer/Bio Hazard needing replacements.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:32 am

Post by Mindgamer »

I'm verry sorry, but I will have to replace out. Real life has taken a very, very awful turn so I have too much on my mind. This game is only at Day 1 so a replacement won't damage the game too much. I hope you can understand.

I wish you all good luck in the rest of the game.

Return to “Completed Open Games”