Newbie 939 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Newbie 939 - Game Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

The Players

Lagerdog (replacing dandman999)
theperson (replacing Pmac)
gandalf5166
Sotty7^ (replacing Sucrose^ (replacing Pulindar^))
Locke Lamora* (replacing imkingdavid*)
razorback^ (replacing Slaine Hayes^)
nopointinactingup
jelly jiggler (replacing danny135)
ycz6 (replacing FC Groningen)

Spoiler: Role Reveal
razorback^ (replacing Slaine Hayes^)
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 1.
nopointinactingup,
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 1.
jelly jiggler (replacing danny135),
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 2.
ycz6 (replacing FC Groningen),
Cop
, was killed Night 2.
theperson (replacing Pmac),
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 3.
Lagerdog (replacing dandman999),
Vanilla Townie
, was killed in the endgame.
Locke Lamora* (replacing imkingdavid*),
Vanilla Townie
, was killed in the endgame.
Sotty7^ (replacing Sucrose^ (replacing Pulindar^)),
Mafia Goon
, won.
gandalf5166,
Mafia Goon
, won.

*Denotes an IC player.
^Denotes an SE player.

Game Status: Game Over
Last edited by Alduskkel on Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 29 times in total.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

The Rules

1. Rules may be added, removed, or changed at my discretion.

2. If you do not post after 72 hours you will be prodded. You then have 48 hours to pick up the prod. If you do not pick it up after that time I will begin looking for a replacement. Weekends and holidays are counted as normal days.

3. Deadlines for Days will be 3 weeks. Replacements may extend this deadline, although not by much. Other circumstances may warrant an extension too.

4. Short version: Vote in the form
Vote: example
. As long as a vote isn't ambiguous, I'll count it. If it is ambiguous it won't ever count, even if clarified. You'll have to redo the vote. Also, unvoting is not necessary.

Long version: Voting must be made in the format
Vote: example
. The colon is optional, as is the space between the colon and the player's name. Capital letters are also optional. Unvoting is not necessary but appreciated. Votes using abbreviations for player names, misspellings of player names, and even misspellings of abbreviations of player names will all be accepted as long as they meet the above conditions. Abbreviations of misspellings of player names will be treated as mere abbreviations. In the event that a vote is ambiguous however, it will not be counted, not even retroactively. You can vote to not lynch anyone, and the rules for that are the same as regular voting. Trick votes aren't allowed.

5. No invisible or small text (defined as "text I have to copy and paste or quote to read"). Also, don't encrypt your text.

6. a) To lynch in the Day rounds you need a simple majority of votes, or 50% rounded down +1. Example: half of 9 rounded down is 4, add 1 and you get 5.

b) Night rounds will last for 72 hours. During this time the thread will be locked, and all roles with night actions should send me a message telling me what they're going to do. Nights may be extended, just like Days.

7. Discussing this game anywhere outside of the game thread itself is forbidden, unless you are specifically told otherwise in your role PM. Discussing other ongoing games in this thread is also forbidden.

8. If you die you get one contentless "bah" post. Note that if you reach the required majority needed for a lynch then you are immediately dead (i.e., claiming that your death scene hadn't yet been posted so you were allowed to keep posting content won't work). During Twilight (after lynch majority is reached/after deadline hits, before round ending scene) anyone who is alive may post content (but the lynchee doesn't count as alive).

9. Lynch majority will not be reduced at deadline. If a lynch majority is not reached at deadline, No Lynch will occur.

10. Don't quote PMs you get from me. Paraphrasing is your friend.

11. If you are going to be gone for 72 or more hours, say so in the thread, or PM me. This will put your inactivity clock on hold. Do not count on me checking the V/LA thread.

12. Don't intentionally lie about out of game circumstances to gain an advantage in the game.

13. Flavor is flavor, no story clues or anything.

14. My color for this game will be
dark blue
, so don't use it.

15. In the event that you are modkilled you will automatically lose, regardless of who wins.

16. Do not lie to me about things related to the game.

17. Vote counts will hopefully be done close to the top of each page. If a full page goes by without a vote count then one will be edited in at the top of it.

18. If I make a mistake, tell me.

19. If you have a question about the rules, just ask.

20. Be considerate towards your fellow player. Excessive personal attacks will result in a warning, then forced replacement or modkill.

Note: If you're being insulted, say so in thread or PM me. I'm not you, so I have no idea if you don't care or if you're upset or whatever. Therefore, I will tend not to intervene.

21. Hopefully you've visited the wiki and the flash tutorial. If not, I'd suggest checking both out.

22. If you think something you're about to do might break the rules, assume it will and message me asking if it's okay to do.

23. And of course all basic game mechanics of a standard Mafia game apply, such as roles and alignment being revealed on death etc...
Last edited by Alduskkel on Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

The Setup

F11
Each of the following setups has a 25% chance of being used for this game:

1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Vanilla Townies
1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Mafia Goon, 7 Vanilla Townies
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Vanilla Townies

If one of the first two is being used and the Mafia Goon dies first, then the Mafia Roleblocker can both roleblock and kill in the same Night.

The game will start with a Day round.

The Role PMs:
Vanilla Townie PM wrote:You are a
Vanilla Townie
, and have nothing but your word and your vote. You win when all the Mafia have been eliminated and at least 1 Pro-Town player is still alive.

The Game Thread is here. Please confirm in thread.
Cop PM wrote:You are a
Cop
, and have the ability to investigate a person at Night. Then I'll tell you that person's alignment, unless you are roleblocked. Aside from that, all you have is your word and your vote.

You win when all the Mafia have been eliminated and at least 1 Pro-Town player is still alive.

Doctor PM wrote:You are a
Doctor
, and have the ability to protect a person at Night. If the Mafia try to kill them then they will survive. You cannot target yourself. If you are roleblocked then your protection will be ineffective; you will not be told if this happens. Aside from that, all you have is your word and your vote.

You win when all the Mafia have been eliminated and at least 1 Pro-Town player is still alive.

Mafia Goon PM wrote:You are a
Mafia Goon
, and are a member of the Mafia with X, a [Mafia Goon/Mafia Roleblocker]. You can talk to X at Night and also kill someone each Night. Aside from that, all you have is your word and your vote.

You win when all Pro-Town players have been eliminated (or nothing can prevent this) and at least one Pro-Mafia player is still alive.

Mafia Roleblocker PM wrote:You are a
Mafia Roleblocker
, and are a member of the Mafia with Y, a Mafia Goon. You can talk to Y at Night, kill someone each Night, and also prevent someone from using a Night action at Night (i.e., roleblock them). Aside from that, all you have is your word and your vote.

You win when all Pro-Town players have been eliminated (or nothing can prevent this) and at least one Pro-Mafia player is still alive.

Last edited by Alduskkel on Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

All roles have been randomized and sent out. Once everyone has confirmed Day 1 will begin. Mafia may talk until the start of Day 1.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

I have received my role PM. I'M PUMPED!
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:19 pm

Post by Pulindar »

/confirm
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
Slaine Hayes
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by Slaine Hayes »

/confirm
Pmac
Pmac
Goon
Pmac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:49 pm

Post by Pmac »

/confirm
http://www.last.fm/user/CrashRHCP
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:16 pm

Post by FC Groningen »

/confirm
an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Ghandi
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:13 am

Post by imkingdavid »

/confirm.

Hey, Ald. Good to see you again.

BTW everyone, I'm your IC for the game. That just means I've played a bunch of games around here and have some more experience. It does NOT mean that I am any better at the game than anyone else, or that my idea of what should happen in any given situation is correct. Remember that whether I am scum or town, I will be playing toward my win condition, and if I am scum, some things I say may not be in the best interest of the town as a whole, so they should be taken with a grain of salt.

I'm here to help, but, like I said, I'm also here to play. If you have any questions, you're welcome to ask away and I will try to answer to the best of my ability. However, I'm not here to hold anyone's hand.

Some tips:
  • If you have not already, get an avatar (little picture under your name). It helps a great deal when reading back through the thread and trying to quickly see who said something. And don't change your avatar too often or it just confuses things.
  • Please check out the wiki. It has a wealth of information to help you out.
  • Be committed. By signing up for the game, you committed to stick with. If you cannot meet that requirement, please do the right thing and replace out.
  • If you will be gone for any period of time longer than two days, let us know by stating that you will be V/LA (vacation/limited access).
  • You cannot edit posts in game. So watch what you say (it's a good idea to read back over your post). If you do need to clarify or change something, say "EBWOP" which means Edit By Way of Post, in a new reply and then make your change there. The mod has edit ability, but will normally not edit your posts even to fix tags.
  • Use the "Preview" button when posting to check your bbcode tags and to use the Topic Review section under the posting box. It shows the latest replies starting with the soonest. It refreshes when you click Preview so you can see new replies made after you started replying
  • Finally, remember that this is a game, nothing more. DO NOT take anything anyone says personally, and try not to get too worked up over things. If you don't win this time, there's always next game.
Anyway,
I will be V/LA starting on Wednesday, April 14. I will return sometime on Sunday, but I might not post until Monday.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:49 am

Post by nopointinactingup »

/confirm

Hi everyone, hope to see a good game coming.
Justice will prevail
\m/
dandman999
dandman999
Townie
dandman999
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:16 am

Post by dandman999 »

/confirm
likes everything mafia related. except that, that, that, that, that, that, that and possibly that and that.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

danny needs to get it together and confirm.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:59 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In the interest of delaying the game no longer, we will start now with 8/9 confirms. danny135 has approximately 24 hours to pick up his role PM before I decide to replace him.

Day 1 deadline is set for the end of May 3rd, PST.

I might write some flavor text tomorrow. I'm thinking a medieval setting.
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:43 pm

Post by Pulindar »

Vote Slaine Hayes

For being the other SE :)

I love RVS.

So, what's the extent of everyone here's experience in Mafia?

I myself have finished about 6 games, and am currently in 5 more. I've never been lynched, and was only once night killed, that by a Vig, I was the last mafia out of four to die in that game. Of my finished games I've been scum twice, and was town four times.
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:07 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

Vote nopointinactingup
- Acting up is fun.

BTW for those who are completely new, this is the RVS, or Random Vote Stage. Votes during this first bit of the game count, but they are normally made for random reasons. This is basically just an introductory phase of the game, and hopefully we'll move out of it pretty quickly and get into actual scum hunting. The reason it's here is because there isn't much scum hunting to do when there aren't many posts to look at.

Voting behaviors can be a very big scum tell so keep an eye on who votes who throughout the game, how many times they vote, etc.

@Pulindar: I have played... I think this is my 13th game if I counted correctly. This is my 3rd of 4th time ICing, although I can't remember which. I also have played countless times offline with friends. I don't have time to figure out any statistics about how many times I've been lynched or NKed or anything. Also, for the record, my wiki page is definitely not up to date.

Anyway... time for school.
Naughty little fly, why does it cry? Caught in a web, Soon you'll be...
eaten!
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:24 pm

Post by FC Groningen »

I've played many WW/mafia games on another site (Nukezone) but its played way different.

vote gandalf5166
for acting overly eager to start.
an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Ghandi
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:10 am

Post by nopointinactingup »

A minor
FoS
kingdavid for saying this.
imkingdavid wrote: Remember that whether I am scum or town, I will be playing toward my win condition, and if I am scum, some things I say may not be in the best interest of the town as a whole, so they should be taken with a grain of salt..[/b]
Your motive for saying that might be that you are a scum who is trying to fulfill the responsibility of an IC by clarifying the situation.
Pulindar wrote: So, what's the extent of everyone here's experience in Mafia?
I've only played a game here, and was NK1 T_T.
Justice will prevail
\m/
dandman999
dandman999
Townie
dandman999
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:53 am

Post by dandman999 »

vote: Pulindar

for voting first.

its my first game of mafia! EVER!
likes everything mafia related. except that, that, that, that, that, that, that and possibly that and that.
Pmac
Pmac
Goon
Pmac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:41 am

Post by Pmac »

Vote:gandalf5166
- because he says that he's Gandalf, but by the avatar he looks like a orc, or something. Very suspect.

I've played other game on this site, and two theme based games on an anime site. So, 4th game overall.
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:19 am

Post by Pulindar »

Just a note, that puts Gandalf at L-3 which means three more votes to lynch. It's not a dire thing, but it's good to keep track of such stuff.
Pmac
Pmac
Goon
Pmac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:27 am

Post by Pmac »

True, but i think that two votes on random mode its not something to worry about.
But, yeah, if he gets more votes on random mode i'll take mine.

PS: My spacebar is a little screwd up, so if you see some words attached to each other, please bear with it.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:12 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

I'm with kingdavid.
Vote = nopointinactingup

And plus, how could I resist the orc avatar? The art is just beautiful.[/b]
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:13 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

I don't know how the /b appeared. I didn't put it there.
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:10 am

Post by imkingdavid »

nopointinactingup wrote:A minor
FoS
kingdavid for saying this.
imkingdavid wrote: Remember that whether I am scum or town, I will be playing toward my win condition, and if I am scum, some things I say may not be in the best interest of the town as a whole, so they should be taken with a grain of salt..[/b]
Your motive for saying that might be that you are a scum who is trying to fulfill the responsibility of an IC by clarifying the situation.
You are correct, that might be my motive. Although my motive might just as easily be a townie who is trying to fulfill the responsibility of an IC by clarifying the situation.
nopointinactingup wrote:I've only played a game here, and was NK1 T_T.
Usually that means that you were playing well enough to scare the scum. Scum often kill the most protown players off first so that they don't have to deal with them in the end game.
dandman999 wrote:its my first game of mafia! EVER!
Cool. I hope you have fun then.
pmac wrote:True, but i think that two votes on random mode its not something to worry about.
^this.
gandalf5166 wrote:I'm with kingdavid.
Why are you "with" me? What if I'm scum?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”