Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #205 (isolation #0) » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:39 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Hey all.

I have not been following very closely but I will get on it yeah?

FOS: Zindaras
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #207 (isolation #1) » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:45 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Yeah I know how you work. My guy has like two posts.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #210 (isolation #2) » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:25 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

I'm still (re)reading and sorting out the more minor players here. If I had to vote Nai vs. Coron I'd vote Coron, just because I have a (weird but) town impression from Nai and Coron doesn't seem to.

But these two seem to be the most active players. Just that makes me reluctant to want to lynch either today.

I don't know what I think yet. More soon.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #212 (isolation #3) » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:39 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

What I find strange in that quote is the "I find that Fritz is often wrong" part with the implication left out. What do we conclude from Fritz often being wrong then? That Coron is
probably
not right about Nai's scum partner? You'd think Nai could make a stronger statement than this.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #238 (isolation #4) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:02 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

vote: HackerHuck
as the scummiest Coron cheerleader.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #240 (isolation #5) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:15 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Do you agree he's one of your cheerleaders?
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #246 (isolation #6) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:21 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

HackerHuck: Off the top of my head you're scummier than Jules and Zindaras. Though I would love to know what is "unsettling" for Zindaras that I voted you. You'd think I voted someone not in the game or something...

Coron: I didn't get it. I take it that's meant to be a non-answer.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #249 (isolation #7) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:04 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Yep.

Was this obvious? I find it weird that Coron's response is that I shouldn't restrict myself to his cheerleaders, and nobody wants to argue that HackerHuck isn't a Coron cheerleader.

Jules, no, I am not sold on Coron being scum.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #250 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:06 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Most of the above post is addressed to HH, not Jules.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #259 (isolation #9) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:53 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

HackerHuck goes out of his way to bat for Coron, but here and there makes sure we know he thinks Coron is scummy, he disagrees with Coron, he wouldn't say Coron is town. It doesn't look very natural to me.

I didn't like HH's exchange with Nai, where HH seemed to push the idea that Nai implies that Coron has special info. I didn't get that at all; it seemed clear to me that it was a rhetorical possibility: "If you don't know someone's town, don't defend them," not, "If you're defending them then you must know something." I find HH's page 6 posts absurd, the way this is twisted.
HH wrote:I still have doubts that Coron is town and that's why it's just an FOS, not a vote.
Huh? Does the scumminess of whatever Nai says depend on whether you think Coron is town or not?

Side note... Another reason not to defend other people is that it may keep them from needing to defend themselves.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #262 (isolation #10) » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:48 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Zindaras... Wth. Haven't you heard of newbs? How could you possibly get a read on perfect?
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #271 (isolation #11) » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:57 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

I give Coron's answer a
B-
. HackerHuck's answer is ok.

My question was about scumminess, not likelihood of being scum. Whether or not that's what the question should have been.

Zindaras: I don't think perfect was saying the first vote was a joke.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #273 (isolation #12) » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:52 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

also
unvote, vote: Jules
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #276 (isolation #13) » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:31 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Coron wrote:You don't disagree with what I said? then how do you explain you comment?
I do disagree with what you said. But I think you know what I meant, so I don't see any point in having a fight about it.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #300 (isolation #14) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:12 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Jules wrote:You made this bit up aswell. I've never voted for anyone apart from you and Coron. Worrying how you claim to be townie and yet you use phrases like "if I remember correctly", when if this is the case, you obviously have the memory of a goldfish. Looks more like a contortion of facts however
Scummy, with that last line.

The withdrawal in 292 seems off or premature to me.

Nice contribution to that exchange Coron.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #339 (isolation #15) » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:13 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

I'm still content voting Jules.

I don't see how page 12 made Nai look worse though.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #372 (isolation #16) » Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:31 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

HackerHuck wrote:What happened between these two posts? His claim came before the first one.
CrashTextDummie wrote:I see no reason not to lynch this guy.
CrashTextDummie wrote:
Unvote

Have to think his claim over.
You need an answer to this question? He claimed an item between those two posts.
FOS: HackerHuck

Can ShadowLurker confirm what the item does? I have some difficulty imagining that scum would start out with an information object. They wouldn't have incentive to pass it around, I don't think.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #382 (isolation #17) » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:04 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

HackerHuck wrote:Anyway, from the description, this isn't an information item per se. It allows one to ask a question, but doesn't deliver information to the owner.
If it delivers information to anybody, the scum would not want to use it, pass it around, or even admit it exists. It seems there's some potential to use it for misdirection, but then the town would still expect the item to be passed along.

Your question in 368 struck me as an inattentive and/or an attempt to make CTD look suspicious.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #388 (isolation #18) » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:51 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

I do believe he had that artifact. I'm not totally sure I'm right that scum would not have started with that artifact. Does anyone else have comments on that?

As far as mass claim

Usually mass claim works when scum can be expected to have difficulties coming up with a claim, or committing to one early. That doesn't seem like an issue here.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #397 (isolation #19) » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:28 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

unvote
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #431 (isolation #20) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:54 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

vote: Coron

I'll reread things but I'm pretty sure I still don't trust HH. If you look at HH's comments on Coron it's like too easy to say they're scum together.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #458 (isolation #21) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:11 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

GreenLiquid wrote:
I'll reread things but I'm pretty sure I still don't trust HH. If you look at HH's comments on Coron it's like too easy to say they're scum together.
Can you give more detail about why you feel this way? I don't see the connection.
Did you look at HH's posts?
Why is coron at lynch -1? I won't say he's not scum, but I haven't seen anyone make an argument against him. We're still on page two here, so I'm quite concerned about all the haste.

Referring to oneself in the third person almost warrants the final lynch vote though... :roll:

Although he is acting a bit sure of himself, that's not a good enough reason to put someone on the brink.

Unvote: Nightfall, Vote: lunalovegood
I had made or was going to make a bit of a post about my feelings on both Nai and Coron. Coron’s playstyle makes me lean toward him being scum, but by no means to the extent that everyone else believes.
That said, Luna's still scummier in my book and I'd put Nai almost to her level. Even though I don't like his playstyle here, I think the Coron wagon is a little too weak for the amount of pressure he's getting.
Nai sure likes to imply that Coron has inside knowledge of some kind. FoS: Nai
Coron's defence of Jules was just Coron stating his opinion that it seems to be reasonable behaviour to FOS and then Vote without any new information. I don't agree with that opinion, but it certainly doesn't appear that he's trying to indicate that he's got some kind of inside knowledge.

Coron's behaviour is starting to wear thin. His defence of jules has been noted as has his claim to do a reread of Jules back on post 93.
Your force and craplogic is the suggestion that Coron might have inside information because:
-He defended Jules
-Your words "...you should never defend someone unless you are absolutely sure of their role."

According to this "logic", I must now have inside information about Coron and Stewie must have inside information about you, but you fail to mention that.

You have made an assumption that because someone gave you advice on how you should play, everyone else is playing that same way. In your words - "craplogic".
I'm perfectly willing to admit to defending Coron on this point, but don't twist things around and say I agree with him when I've explicitly stated that I don't.
I still have doubts that Coron is town and that's why it's just an FOS, not a vote.
Coron has been pinging my scumdar a bit, but I chalk it up to his annoying playstyle. I'm not going to say I think he's likely town, but I'm not sure he's scum either.
Note the wishy washy distancing mixed in with the defense. I find it unconvincing, like he wants to be sure we notice he suspects Coron somewhat.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #460 (isolation #22) » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:56 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

HackerHuck wrote:I do want you to be sure and notice I somewhat suspect Coron.
I did notice that you want this.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #463 (isolation #23) » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:39 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Jules wrote:BTW what are your views on Nai and Coron?
You didn't ask me, but: Nai is town and Coron is claimed scum.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #470 (isolation #24) » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:52 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Regarding Coron, what I'm talking about is 417's "I of course know I'm scum." That, and the fact that Coron hasn't struck me as so helpful he's more likely to be town.

I agree with your last comment on Jules' vote.

I can easily see luna as scum, although her posts
after
she voted Coron strike me as ok, as do ShadowLurker's posts. Also, assuming Coron is scum, luna as his scum partner seems unlikely.

I'm not sure what I can say about perfect. He was probably skimming, but he might've also been confused by the jokey page 1 voting. I couldn't really blame a newb for assuming something substantial was being discussed.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #474 (isolation #25) » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:49 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Sorry, try inserting "that" between the words "helpful" and "he's". Coron is a reasonable guess at scum even without him accidentally claiming it.

That said, I'm not sure anyone has been so helpful that I wouldn't find a scum claim slip from them very alarming.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #496 (isolation #26) » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:58 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Attacking someone's attack of someone else could be a defense of the latter. I don't see any way around that. If it can serve to defend somebody then it's a defense, deliberate or not.

Jules does stink. But what I'm thinking is, what if he started with around half of our investigative capabilities? If so, I really don't think he's scum. And whether this is the case, that we have so little investigative power, should become clearer in time.

I feel that Nai's posts are taken very uncharitably.
Whoever told you, Nai, told you wrong. Think about it. That means that the only time townspeople should ever defend someone is if that person is their mason partner. So any defense, even the most basic, is a scumtell. Riiiight.
Not a scum tell, but bad play. Yes, that's a sweeping generalization.

Some of this is damn basic. If X is interrogating Y then let Y answer the questions. Z should not rush to Y's defense just because he thinks he knows the answers.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #500 (isolation #27) » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:23 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

GreenLiquid wrote:Kelly, replacing perfect, posts this:
Hey all.

I have not been following very closely but I will get on it yeah?

FOS: Zindaras
Not liking the FOS without reason.
Tough crowd. I just saw that he said he was eager to hear from me.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #523 (isolation #28) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:16 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

GreenLiquid wrote:Kelly has a nasty habit of not explaining her votes or FoS's unless explicitly told to,
I don't think this is a nasty habit, or even particularly true. If I vote without comment this is probably just a response to whatever is going on. Your inability to make any sense of my Zindaras FOS baffles me, especially if you're actually going through the thread and not simply viewing all posts by X.
First, he starts off with 'I'm a townie with no powers,' then later it becomes that he had an artifact. Over the course of a lot of prodding, we finally get all the details. When a person claims, they need to outline the important details. And maybe it's just me, but I think having an artifact is classified as an important detail.
Assuming you don't doubt he had that artifact, is there a point to this or are you just scolding Jules?
Quite. Which is probably the one good thing about his claim, and is probably big enough to redeem most of my suspicion about the claim (though I could still easily see what he was doing as an attempt to not have to bother claiming an artifact).
How would that be advantageous at all to scum?
So, in conclusion, I think that Jules is our best lynch for today.
Somewhat suspicious.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #538 (isolation #29) » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:04 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Assuming Jules as scum, and that Jules and luna weren't scum partners, I don't see how Jules could have the impression that he would be better off leaving unstated that he'd had the item.

If Jules and luna were scum together then I could see it as a possible blunder that he revealed the Ear's existence, since now we all know about it. But I'm not sure why he would've passed it around at all then. Or even used it.

I still think that starting with the Ear is evidence of being protown. Have you not considered this GL?
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #544 (isolation #30) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:02 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Nightfall wrote:Beyond that, Coron was the only one that struck me as being pretty scummy, and he too has actually started to act more townlike imo in recent days. This could all be an attempt by a scum coron to link himself up with a town jules, but I dont have any real evidence of that yet.
What kind of evidence would you be looking for?
FOS: Nightfall

Coron seems more townlike lately because he's just arguing and defending himself against GL, and that looks on-topic and meaty. I doubt it's any challenge.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #551 (isolation #31) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:43 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

!@#$

:cry:
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #553 (isolation #32) » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:54 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

There's an almost accurate one on the previous page.

Current state should be:
Nai- 2 (Coron, Jules)
Coron- 2 (Nai, Kelly Chen)
ShadowLurker- 1 (Zindaras)
HackerHuck- 1 (ShadowLurker)

Not voting (5): CrashTextDummie, GreenLiquid, Nightfall, Stewie, HackerHuck
Enjoy.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #569 (isolation #33) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:59 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Nai wrote:Continuing with Green Liquid: Yes, I continue to assume that Coron has outside information. But, if I remember correctly, he's the only one I have accused of that. No one else. The reason I think that is because that's the only explanation that can possibly justify his playstyle this game. It may be true that what I was taught is wrong. I'll give you that. But it's better than working off of nothing. If someone acts beyond all possible thought, then I'll assume they know something I don't.
Outside Info Revisited: You keep on having this complete and utter vehemence against anyone thinking Coron has outside information. Why is that? Every time someone brings up the point, you attack it. Is there some reason you find someone being a cop, or scum, completely impossible?
I am surprised to read this... I was under the impression that you criticized Coron's behavior because it should only make sense if he had outside information. But you really think he has some?

Because if he does, I don't see how his use of this information looks scummy at all. If he has outside information to suggest that you're scum, then it's pro-town to expose it. If he has outside information to defend Jules as town, defending him helps town no matter Coron's alignment. On the contrary it seems anti-town to draw attention to Coron having the info. And it's strange to suspect him for seeming to have it.
Artifact Roleclaim: Coron, I'd consider what artifacts you've had, and when, to be a big point of this game. When someone roleclaims, I think that powers they have had (which artifacts fall under) would be part of it. If you are a one shot vig, who used his shot, you are not suddenly a towny with no powers. You are a one shot vig that used it. One is VERY different from the other.
As such, Jules' claim is way too out there.
I find this position incredible. We basically know Jules had the Ear. The only issue is that he didn't mention it immediately. On top of that, this is an item that scum probably would not start with in my estimation.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #574 (isolation #34) » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:56 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

I'm not convinced that Nai's explanation in 570 (wrt whether he does or does not actually think Coron has info) jives well with the quotes in the preceding post.

Zindaras wrote:While I'd know who I'd pick if I'd have to pick one of them as scum, their argument comes off as an argument between two townies. It's the people 'wagoning right onto it that have to be looked out for, so luna and perfect.
luna and perfect have both been replaced. So I take it you are still talking about their Coron votes on page 1-2. It strikes me as though nothing of interest has happened for you since then.

My main thought on reading CTD's analysis is that it's mostly compatible with my feelings, with the exception of Stewie, who I don't suspect much. In 297 he is obviously trying to cast suspicion on Jules, but he
was
voting him at the time, so this doesn't seem too out of line, or like he was trying to get people to start a bandwagon for him. 351 and 445 seem to fish, but they're pretty blatant about it. If there was anything sneaky here I might feel different. I don't think I understand what CTD means by Stewie hedging his bets wrt Coron vs Nai though.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #592 (isolation #35) » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:41 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Coron wrote:Zindaras and CTD both look more suspicious to me due to recent posts.
Was there something specific you didn't like about CTD's big post? Surely not just that he put both you and Nai as "neutral"?
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #605 (isolation #36) » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:49 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Zindaras wrote:While I feel that "If X isn't scum, we should lynch Y" sentiments are usually flawed and don't really like planning multiple lynches ahead, I'd accept your offer if we wouldn't lynch either of them if I didn't.

Regardless, I really need to reread this game.
Is your memory of pages 1-2 getting shaky?

Usually when players use the "overstate certainty" tactic they don't undermine themselves by saying they need a reread. It's dishonest/unhelpful of you to be willing to gamble on a "lynch them, then lynch me" proposition when you don't have the certainty you're talking about.

Noting how these suggestions are "usually" flawed is some transparent BSing. You're the one who should be able to decide that the proposition is good and harmless in this case. If I'm scum then what's the holdup? Why let a mafia "rule of thumb" stop you?

unvote
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #610 (isolation #37) » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:45 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

I wouldn't be so quick to do that. If the deadline were now I would vote HH. I don't trust the judgment of the three people who've voted you.

I want to get some kind of reread in yet. I have like 5 suspects (HH, Coron, Zindaras, Nightfall, GL, maybe you) at the moment.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #612 (isolation #38) » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:20 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

vote: HackerHuck
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #619 (isolation #39) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:11 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

A one-shot block everybody?

Huh.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #629 (isolation #40) » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:47 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

I've had that role as town in a scumchat UPick game (Moses, one-shot lead Jews out of Egypt).

I doubt Nai would make that item up, and it's confirmable anyway. It's weird that he can't pass it though.

If he's town then passing it would only be bad if he gave it to scum, which would be his own stupidity and would only cost the town one night of actions.

If this is supposed to obviously be a scum power (in which case why would Nai claim it, wifom, etc.) it seems dumb from a design perspective to prevent passing it, since scum would never pass it to town unless passing it would help convince the town that it's not inherently a scum power.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #631 (isolation #41) » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:56 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Coron wrote:The point is that he claimed an artifact that couldn't be passed, it seems if scum had artifacts that is exactly what they would want to claim,
"I have a scum-assisting artifact that can't even be given to anyone else"? That kind of stinks doesn't it? If it means avoiding a lynch I think it would be much better to leave the possibility of handing the item off.
With the uncertainty of who it blocks it makes it even less believable.
You don't think he has that item at all? What's his plan when we ask him to use the item and nothing happens? It clearly should have some effect on
somebody
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #639 (isolation #42) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:43 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Nai wrote:I also don't see why you'd think a mass-role-block would be passable. If it was, either scum or town could put the other side into a complete standstill over and over, if the passes were done right.
Surely it could be passable without being multi-use.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #642 (isolation #43) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

??? You figure Nai was only talking to you?
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #651 (isolation #44) » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:59 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

What I'd find scummy isn't that it isn't passable, but that Nai seemed to argue that it shouldn't be passable.

That's not to say I see myself voting Nai today. I'm just nervous. But if he is scum, I think we're way ahead of the game in having him claim that item, since he can hardly use it against us without us knowing who probably did it.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #654 (isolation #45) » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:06 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Nai wrote:It SHOULDN'T be passable, from a design perspective, because it's a powerful ability. It's a global, yet selective, role-block. Can you see that ability being used more than once in a game that wouldn't unbalance it?
OP wrote:If it starts with "Once in the game, you may", that's once for the
artifact
for the entire game; once it's been used, the artifact either becomes useless or disappears.
It could easily be one one this type of artifact, and still be passable.

Man didn't I say this?

Ok, this is what I should be replying to
Nai wrote:I don't think there'd be any point of an artifact that, once used, can't ever be used again, but can be passed around.
Because you could pass it WITHOUT using it.

The point would just be a wider range of choices. Scum could say "hey, if you don't trust me with this thing, take it." Somebody who thinks they're going to die could pass it on first.
Coron wrote:I'd argue that it IS scummy that he claims that it isnt passable because:
A) scum with it and it is unpassable will want to claim it's unpassable
B) scum with it and it is passable will want to claim it's unpassable so they don't have to pass it off.
B isn't obvious at all. If scum have been driven to claim then they need to be thinking about what will save their ass, not how they can hang on to their artifact.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #667 (isolation #46) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:46 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

I think you're at 2. Apeiron was already on you when he voted, and now he's unvoted.

I am not sure I want Nai to use the item tonight. I am fairly confident he does have it, and even if he does have it, it doesn't comment much on his alignment.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #673 (isolation #47) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:13 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

HH wrote:Why would you not want him to use the item tonight? Now that the scum know he has it, he's a target and would lose it upon his death. I say better to use than not.
Hm, I kind of doubt scum will NK Nai over this item. Even if it stops kills, it doesn't incriminate anyone like a normal block would.

I was mainly saying I don't think there is any need to prove whether he
has
the item. I don't have a problem with him using it tonight, to make sure he has the chance.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #678 (isolation #48) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:44 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

HackerHuck wrote:
Kelly Chen wrote:
HH wrote:Why would you not want him to use the item tonight? Now that the scum know he has it, he's a target and would lose it upon his death. I say better to use than not.
Hm, I kind of doubt scum will NK Nai over this item. Even if it stops kills, it doesn't incriminate anyone like a normal block would.
That doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't scum want to eliminate an item that would prevent them from killing?
All things being equal they would.
I can see scum not wanting to kill on any given night from a strategic perspective, but not when the timing is out of their control.
Hm?
Anyway, it's Nai's decision when to use it and I don't see it benefitting the town to tell us when he plans to use it.
If he uses it unexpectedly, the town could conceivably waste other one-shots.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #680 (isolation #49) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:01 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

HackerHuck wrote:
Kelly Chen wrote:
HackerHuck wrote:
Kelly Chen wrote:
That doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't scum want to eliminate an item that would prevent them from killing?
All things being equal they would.
Are you implying that all things are not equal in this case?
Yeah. I can think of a number of other factors that could go into a nightkill decision in this game at this time.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #693 (isolation #50) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:25 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Wow, thanks for that :evil:
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #696 (isolation #51) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:05 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Zindaras wrote:Anyway, time to opinionate:

CrashTextDummie (Replacing conflux): conflux didn't do a whole lot. CTD, well, he made that big analysis post. He put Hucky and me as scum, SL as Town and Kelly as, I believe, probable town. I do not find myself agreeing with his opinions at all.
I do. Except for the Stewie thing iirc.
Coron: Has, in general, been playing Coronish. I don't suspect him for this. I think he's town.
Great analysis
GreenLiquid: Town. Made a really good analysis, and I find myself agreeing with that.
You agree with making a good analysis, or you agree with GL's analysis? If the latter, what did you like about it?

I would actually be ok with deadline lynching GL instead of HH.
HackerHuck: Town. Deserves a Scummy if he isn't.
omfg
Jules: I'm undecided. I'd like to see what Apeiron does before deciding.
He voted Nai and unvoted. Let's talk about Jules' item here.
ShadowLurker (Replacing lunalovegood): luna made a pretty large scumtell in the beginning, and SL hasn't really been doing a lot to alleviate my suspicions.
ok
Nai: Scummy. Claim's in the middle, and I do not like at all the way he's been attacking Coron throughout the way. His lynch is by far preferable over a Hucky lynch.
ok, what about the way Coron has gone after Nai?
Nightfall: Lurker, as usual. I don't like the way he reacted to me calling him out for lurking (by saying I think he's scum in every game). That's a scumtell, though not a big one.
ok
Kelly Chen (Replacing perfect62834): Perfect's early vote on Coron is a huge newb scumtell. Again, Kelly's not really giving off any townie vibes at all. I'm still convinced she's scum.
asdfawefasd
Machiavellian-Mafia (Replacing Stewie): Posted a very meh-ish analysis. That's the only thing we've seen from MaMa so far. Stewie gave off some scumvibes, but nothing really bad.
ok
If I had to decide on a scumteam right now, it'd be CTD/SL/Kelly.
LOL.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #722 (isolation #52) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:45 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Nightfall wrote:I have something to say, but first I need three questions answered.

The person that had the ear - What did you ask it?

Shadow - Why did you ask about MM (Stewies Replacement?) when Jules already did that night 1?
Good questions.
Everyone - Does anyone else have an artifact with the words "of the Diviner" in it's name?
I'm not sure this is a good question.

vote: GreenLiquid
, explain!
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #729 (isolation #53) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:09 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Take a guess?
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #733 (isolation #54) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:44 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

GreenLiquid wrote:
Take a guess?
If you want to play games, I'm not interested. Either make a valid accusation or don't expect an explaination.
Why did you drop off the planet yesterday? You were going to tell us who you ultimately suspected.
The latter part of Day One was really strange, and I'm not sure I even could follow people's thought processes. I think it would be wise to start the day off with people posting who they find suspicious.
lol.
A few notes:

1) Nai's use of 'artifact' does not make me think he is town. The limitations on it make me want to think that it was a mafia power that Nai wanted to label as an artifact, realized what could happen if he was ordered to pass it, and gave it the no-pass limitation.
How likely (percentage-wise) do you think it is that Nai had this as a role ability rather than an artifact?
2) I don't like how Zindaras made repeated efforts to stop HH's lynch near the end of Day 1.
I'm curious about what in particular you disliked.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #759 (isolation #55) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:46 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Does anyone have a grasp on this SL question or what all has been claimed in terms of item usage?

If I started with an item it did not have "diviner" in the name.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #771 (isolation #56) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:05 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Sorry for my inactivity. I'm really having trouble making myself think about my games. Things will get better once I get home internet, mid next week (I hope).

If anyone wants to ask my thoughts on anything in particular, I'll give at least a half-assed answer on Monday.

also, let's lynch GL.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #777 (isolation #57) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:14 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Well let's just have a look through:

Bogre (Replacing CrashTextDummie (Replacing conflux))
who? istr thinking CTD was town.

Coron
still don't trust

GreenLiquid
really don't trust, let's get him

Apeiron (Replacing Jules)
very likely to be town ime

ShadowLurker (Replacing lunalovegood)
was thinking town, but I haven't thought through this open PM thing and what Nightfall is asking about

Nai
still tend to think town, but I think it is quite obvious that scum could have his artifact; it rings alarm bells for me if Nai can't admit that

Nightfall
thought he was likely scum yesterday, but today I'll say the jury is out...

Machiavellian-Mafia (Replacing Stewie)
always thought Stewie was town. MM seems awol telling me nothing

Zindaras
scum or at least highly useless
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #781 (isolation #58) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:51 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Going after SL for reasons that might have merit. Also suggesting he may have useful information about who's scum/town.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #798 (isolation #59) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:02 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

klajwoefjkl

Who are we still waiting on. Nightfall is going to hand us a scum here, let's get excited about this.

SL got an innocent on MM but MM is his #2 suspect still. MM notices this but categorizes SL as town. Weird.

unvote, vote: Shadowlurker
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #807 (isolation #60) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:07 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Nightfall, are you saying you believe Shadowlurker sent a nightmove about a nonexistent item to the wrong person? In that case it seems even more unlikely to me that the mod would resolve this by revealing the information in the PM; that could easily be exploited exactly in order to fake claim something.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #810 (isolation #61) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:34 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Well, if the town decided to let you go only on that reasoning, you'd (as scum) just refuse to pass it.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #815 (isolation #62) » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:21 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Nai wrote:I have a question, which is rather important. If we have a claimed member (me, Apeiron) who has already claimed what they have done in the past, should we be claiming what artifacts we have recieved since our claim, and what we have done with them?
I think we should, unless you currently have an item that seems like something scum would want to take out. Then wait until you've passed the item on. But obviously don't then reveal who you passed it to.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #821 (isolation #63) » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:51 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

I have the legs of the diviner. Each weighs 12 pounds and can be passed separately. There is a support pole missing in my tent, and every night I can use one of the legs to prop it up. I use this ability by commanding the foot of that leg.

Last night I propped up my tent using the left leg.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #823 (isolation #64) » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:10 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Possibly. Let us discuss the implications.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #825 (isolation #65) » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:34 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Yeah sorry. heheheh

unvote
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #828 (isolation #66) » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:30 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

:?

Backtracking? Serious?
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #837 (isolation #67) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:02 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:Kelly was there any purpose to the false legs claim besides confusing the town?
Confusing the town wasn't the purpose. Pretty obviously a joke claim I thought. Unless someone wants to tell me what significance it would have if I truly did use the twelve-pound left leg of the diviner to prop up my tent last night.

omgus vote: Zindaras

I think it's weird too that of all things he would vote me for "backtracking" when he already guessed it was a joke.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #844 (isolation #68) » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:45 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Zindaras wrote:I do not believe it was a joke. I think that you didn't intend for it to be a joke.
I want more explanation than this, as this conclusion seems unlikely to me.

Omgus aside I suggest you be lynched currently.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #849 (isolation #69) » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:52 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Well, I said I didn't start with a "diviner" artifact. That statement would not rule out me possessing one last night.

Coron, you haven't expressed suspicion of anyone but Nai this game day. Who else would you put on the table.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #857 (isolation #70) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:49 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

As much as I agree with you, this lecturing is a joke. You've said hardly anything of interest since you posted this exact same thing March 1st.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #859 (isolation #71) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:42 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Yeah he did, but he rescinded it because he misread what artifact the SL PM was about.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #876 (isolation #72) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Alright, I flipped through this game again, and it sucked.

Let's kill somebody this time who is NOT a serial killer.

I say lynch Zindaras. His play is fairly scummy I believe.

I could see voting Apeiron, but somebody's got to make the argument why it doesn't matter that he started with an investigative item. I am way too lazy to remember what it was beyond that I thought it was scummy.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #882 (isolation #73) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:09 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Coron wrote:
unvote vote:GL
Either scum or a very poor player. More likely imho to be scum.
oy that is tempting. But this is a slight change of opinion isn't it?
Coron Jan 3 wrote:I honestly don't think you're scum that much GreenLiquid I think you're just playing very poorly in your suspicions, suspecting both me(who I know to be protown) and jules(who I feel maybe 90% sure is protown).
Hmm, I didn't remember that the words "that much" were in there.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #908 (isolation #74) » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:42 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Coron trying to defend Zindaras. FOS: Nai though.

Zindaras promises he truly believes the scum suspects he provides.

Zindaras, why is it so obvious that you'll pass your msg artifact to ShadowLurker when you believe he's scum?
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #909 (isolation #75) » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:44 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Actually I'm not sure what Coron is doing.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #927 (isolation #76) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:39 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Bogre will probably be unreadable. I don't know if that's a good enough reason to lynch him. I didn't particularly think CTD was scum back in the day.

Glancing over GL's posts again, I'd still lynch him. Up to you.

I am thinking HH's artifact could be pretty useful if we manage to confirm somebody. If Zindaras doesn't get lynched, I believe he should definitely pass it.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #929 (isolation #77) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:55 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

To the point that you would vote for him?
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #934 (isolation #78) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:04 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

He's a better lynch than Bogre I believe.

I was thinking Zindaras had the option of using HH's artifact indefinitely. I don't know how I missed that it doesn't work passively.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #935 (isolation #79) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:13 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

If you're asking about 929, I looked back and saw Zindaras was not voting Bogre (it didn't seem like he ever had an opportunity). I think maybe he mixed up Bogre and Apeiron. That would fit it with my belief that Zindaras doesn't have any genuine suspicions.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #944 (isolation #80) » Tue May 01, 2007 9:33 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

a;wehfakjhefah;w

go scum
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #1129 (isolation #81) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:30 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Wow. I never thought this win was possible. I thought Zindaras was going to get lynched D2ish, and then we scum would be hopelessly tied together due to the odd way he gunned for both of his partners early game.

Impressive job scum partners.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #1132 (isolation #82) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:02 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

I think the thing is, you're not likely to get people lynched who need to be replaced unless the game is dying or something.

I'm a bit confused about Nightfall's death since I think our official move was ultimately to kill Coron. (I don't think Zindaras was in on that change.) Some plan about Nightfall being able to implicate Apeiron.

Thanks for modding, Norinel.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #1137 (isolation #83) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:52 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

How did you feel vindicated by my death :?

Just because I was scum doesn't mean I went after you for no reason.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”