TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:10 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

Ha, seriously?

I find a weak vote with a consistent refusal to explain why you're doing so anti-town. Its not helpful, its useless.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:56 am

Post by JDodge »

Crub, why are you refusing to answer the comments I have directed at you?
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:19 pm

Post by Crub »

Because you've just made statements, not questions. What do you want me to answer specifically?
Moo?
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:19 pm

Post by Crub »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Ha, seriously?

I find a weak vote with a consistent refusal to explain why you're doing so anti-town. Its not helpful, its useless.
And how does that make me scum?
Moo?
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:53 pm

Doing anti-town things is a problem whether or not you're scum, and makes it more likely that you are.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:53 pm

As you know very well. Who are you kidding?
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:26 am

Post by Thesp »

Official Vote Count

klebian
: 1 (Crub)
JDodge
: 1 (killa seven)
killa seven
: 1 (RossWilliam)
Crub
: 3 (Korlash, JDodge, TheSweatpantsNinja)

Not voting
: 5 (skitzer, neko2086, Shanba, Justin Playfair, klebian)

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch before deadline.

Fixed deadline: This day will end not later than apr 4th, CET 10.00 am.

Prodding all players who haven't posted in the last 72 hours (except for skitzer because he asked), replacing non-responders.
Last edited by Thesp on Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:27 am

Post by skitzer »

wiat, don't prod me!

I'm going to reread through the past stuff.
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:36 am

Post by klebian »

kinda waiting for k7
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by killa seven »

klebian wrote:kinda waiting for k7
what can i help you with sir?
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by Korlash »

Yeah yeah I'm here... Gimmie until sunday to catch up.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by Justin Playfair »

Vote: TheSweatpantsNinja

You’re the Ninja I would have preferred to lynch yesterday, TSpN, and in a lesser key I’m seeing the same kind of opportunistic behavior from you today. At the end of day one you switched your vote from MelodyMan to JDodge while calling out for others to vote MelodyMan so you could switch your vote back. You then came into today renewing a vote on JDodge for no real reason at all. Now, with Crub under fire, you make the jump onto his wagon.

Too opportunistic, too many times, and it’s the same song as yesterday. You’re not playing like somebody looking for scum. You’re playing like someone looking for people to lynch.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:05 pm

Which of those actions, precisely, do you have a problem with?

I hate the "opportunistic" scumtell. It means, generally, whatever the accuser wants it to mean.
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:30 pm

TheSweatpantsNinja,

No problem. I mean day one first wanting to lynch Disciple Slayer on principle when he was acting badly, but only “sort of”, in a way that signaled it would be easy for your vote to move that way while striving to expose yourself as little as possible.

Disciple Slayer, a seemingly easy, not convincingly scummy target. And as we saw later, when MelodyMan was lynched, not actually scum.

Ross Williams. A better suspect here, but once again one who seemed unable to mount a proper defense on his behalf and who you rode in a fashion that looked to me (you can check my previous post from day one on this) more like running down the sick antelope than trying to tackle a wolf.

Moving back to MelodyMan when it was clear the Ross Williams wagon had stalled. Finding a newbie getting easily spooked somehow more sinister than all of Ross Williams activities combined. That makes it seem very clear the Ross Williams vote was not one of conviction but just an easy target to aim at. You found an easier target and with flimsy reasoning moved your vote.

Moving your vote to JDodge, the wagon on whom you had earlier questioned. Some justification here in that you said you were doing so to save yourself, but even as you move your vote you make a call for others to vote MelodyMan so you can move your vote back.

Day Two, you wake up and vote JDodge, even after being confronted with the results of a lurker lynch, even after questioning the wagon on JDodge on day one before joining it to save yourself.

You change from voting JDodge saying:
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:I don't have such a strong case on jdodge that I'm not willing to switch.
You had, precisely, no case at all, but on the other hand quite a few people had voted JDodge at the end of yesterday. Now there were people voting Crub.

That’s what I mean by opportunistic. It’s pretty much always what I mean when I call someone that. You know, that their votes and actions seem to be more about seizing opportunities to push a wagon to the hanging tree than finding actual scum. Once, twice, it could just be suspicions following those of others, but you’ve been just a little too consistent.
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:33 pm

Crub,

I've ask you about a zillion questions you haven't answered at this point, but I would really like one on this subject. How sure were you that Klebian was scum on day one? And how sure are you that Klebian is scum today? I would really like this answered in a way that let's me know how full the bottle is for you on each of these two days.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by neko2086 »

FOS:
Killa Seven
Are you ignoring me?
I wrote: RW, K7, still waiting to hear from both of you.
I was actually going to address k7, but I'm waiting to hear whether he's keeping his vote where it's at or changing it. His decision may affect what I have to say about him.
I think I made it clear I've been waiting to hear from you as well, though you choose to respond to Klebian instead (though it's not much of a response).

Please answer--Are you keeping your vote where it's at or are you changing it?
In Tartiflette We Trust
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

Sorry, I've been really busy. Will reread tomorrow, and catch up. Always embaressing to get prodded.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:29 am

justin wrote: No problem. I mean day one first wanting to lynch Disciple Slayer on principle when he was acting badly, but only “sort of”, in a way that signaled it would be easy for your vote to move that way while striving to expose yourself as little as possible.

Disciple Slayer, a seemingly easy, not convincingly scummy target. And as we saw later, when MelodyMan was lynched, not actually scum.

This was discussed Day 1 too, and while I wasn't being terribly committed about it, the point was that we either needed to decided that ds' play was worth lynching or move on.

Ross Williams. A better suspect here, but once again one who seemed unable to mount a proper defense on his behalf and who you rode in a fashion that looked to me (you can check my previous post from day one on this) more like running down the sick antelope than trying to tackle a wolf.
Moving back to MelodyMan when it was clear the Ross Williams wagon had stalled. Finding a newbie getting easily spooked somehow more sinister than all of Ross Williams activities combined.
Well, he replaced ds. That was a factor, too.

That makes it seem very clear the Ross Williams vote was not one of conviction but just an easy target to aim at. You found an easier target and with flimsy reasoning moved your vote.

Put the rw vote in context. At the time, there were about five players actually playing the game. To some degree, I was just trying to make noise. And srsly, a Day 1 vote without conviction? That's unheard of!

Moving your vote to JDodge, the wagon on whom you had earlier questioned. Some justification here in that you said you were doing so to save yourself, but even as you move your vote you make a call for others to vote MelodyMan so you can move your vote back.

And why would that be scummy? My lynch preference, in order, went MM, jdodge, me. So I arranged my voting in such a way that I would not get lynched, which required moving my vote to jdodge, but when my vote could be better utilized on MM, I moved it back.

Day Two, you wake up and vote JDodge, even after being confronted with the results of a lurker lynch, even after questioning the wagon on JDodge on day one before joining it to save yourself.

We weren't voting mm because he was lurking. He started lurking when we started voting him. And besides, I really have no problem with lurker lynches Day 1.

You change from voting JDodge saying:

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
I don't have such a strong case on jdodge that I'm not willing to switch.

You had, precisely, no case at all, but on the other hand quite a few people had voted JDodge at the end of yesterday. Now there were people voting Crub.
There was one person voting crub. Do you have an issue with crub's play? Do you really find my 'opportunistic' play more anti-town than his?
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:29 am

Post by killa seven »

neko2086 wrote:
FOS:
Killa Seven
Are you ignoring me?
I wrote: RW, K7, still waiting to hear from both of you.
I was actually going to address k7, but I'm waiting to hear whether he's keeping his vote where it's at or changing it. His decision may affect what I have to say about him.
I think I made it clear I've been waiting to hear from you as well, though you choose to respond to Klebian instead (though it's not much of a response).

Please answer--Are you keeping your vote where it's at or are you changing it?
im pretty sure i answered this question, so no im not ignoring you.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 712 -town
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:30 am

Post by killa seven »

anyways, as i said before, i will change my vote when i find someone scummier then jdoge or j steps up, which he hasnt.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 712 -town
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:41 am

Post by neko2086 »

Please elaborate. What is "stepping up" to you? It can't be the number of posts, since JDodge has contributed much more today than D1 (and likely more than you). What, then, is it about his posting that merits your vote?
In Tartiflette We Trust
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:30 pm

TheSweatpantsNinja,
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:And srsly, a Day 1 vote without conviction? That's unheard of!
Are you now agreeing that your day one vote on Ross Williams was without conviction?
If so, in what way was it lacking conviction?
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Do you have an issue with crub's play? Do you really find my 'opportunistic' play more anti-town than his?
Yes, I do have an issue with Crub’s play. But I can also see possible town motives for his play. It is also possible that your voting pattern and behavior toward various lynch candidates is a matter of play style. But at the moment I am still seeing your overall behavior as more likely to be that of scum than Crub’s.

Killa Seven,

Could you please give us your full list of reasons for finding JDodge scummy?

Thank you both for your answers.
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by Crub »

Justin Playfair wrote:Crub,

I've ask you about a zillion questions you haven't answered at this point, but I would really like one on this subject. How sure were you that Klebian was scum on day one? And how sure are you that Klebian is scum today? I would really like this answered in a way that let's me know how full the bottle is for you on each of these two days.
What sort of metric do you want me to measure this against? Obviously I'm not sure, I just think it's probable, and I think it's more probable today, than what I did yesterday.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:There was one person voting crub.
Last time I checked 1+1=2.

Also, I will still change my vote to TSN if no one is willing to get on kleb. 4 days till deadline by my reckoning.
Moo?
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:58 pm

Oops, you're right, there were two people voting you. Sorry about that.
And OMGUS much?
Are you now agreeing that your day one vote on Ross Williams was without conviction?
If so, in what way was it lacking conviction?
I mean it was an early Day 1 vote, so it wasn't as, uh, convicted, as, say, my crub vote is now. I thought rw was the scummiest player when I voted him, but then as time went on, I began to be less convinced of it, and the whole no-lynch thing was (WIFOM, I know) sort of a stupid suggestion for scum to make. So when melodyman came in and bandwagoned him, I thought his play + DS play was a better place for my vote.
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:06 pm

Post by Crub »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Oops, you're right, there were two people voting you. Sorry about that.
And OMGUS much?
Because you've quite obviously already forgotten what happened 1 page ago:
Crub in 587 wrote:Anyway you guys do what you like, I'll keep my vote on kleb, but will move to TSN if that get's more support.
TSN in 590 wrote:
Unvote, vote crub.
If there's any OMGUS there it's from you not me. Again, I'm just sticking to my guns, and being consistent.
Moo?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”