Food Fight Mafia - WHO OWNS THE SCHOOL???

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1672 (isolation #200) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Yamahako wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: Im merely pointing out to you that choosing to vote me BASED ON the confirmed innocent is a totally illogical argument. You pushing this as a reason to lynch is scummy. End of.

BM
Would you like to point out where I said my choosing to vote for you was based on the confirmed innocent? I said you had holes in your story, and that lynching you would give a lot of information for the town.
Yes, holes in my story. One of which was the lie that i had claimed not to have a character name, which i have, and the other was me claiming that BB notes arent a role, which you have failed to refute.
Yama wrote: You trying to claim that having BB notes is a vanilla role is scummy.
Ffs, are you a
total
moron?! :shock:
I have no idea what my BB notes DO. They are hardly a frickin power roles are they! Ive yet to see a role in mafia which entails an unknown ability that another player shares, and you never find out wtf it does. And if i did encounter such a role, i'd hardly call it 'powerful'.
Have you noticed that i havent actually used my BB notes in a while? Thats because i still have no clue what they do. For all i know they could be a detriment rather than a help, if i give them to the wrong player.
So far only Skruffs and I have claimed BB notes. He's dead, and guess what- his role didnt come up as 'BB note deliverer' or something similar! :roll:
He was as vanilla as i am.

But, i'll humour you, despite you making a ridiculous assessment. How do you suppose that me claiming Vanilla with BB notes could be scummy?
I see absolutely no incentive for scum to claim vanilla and a subsequent additional aspect to their role. If you can put forth just ONE SINGLE REASON why scum would behave in that way, then i might take you a little more seriously, and be less inclined to think you are just opportunistic scum trying to pounce on easy targets.
Yama wrote: Your continued insistance at Skruffs being mafia while using copious amounts of craplogic is scummy.
Yeh i was waiting for this to come up. I promised Skruffs was scum, and he wasn't. Fair enough, i was wrong. I cant really defend my logic on this either, seeing as it was obviously flawed to some degree. But yeh, i can totally accept this as a point against me.
Yama wrote: Someone having an innocent on you is a non-tell given the source of the investigation and the proven existance of godfather's in the game.
Wrong again i'm afraid. The godfather argument is not adding up, because mathematically, assuming that Tar is a sane cop, as you are when making this point, i am statistically less likely to be scum than ANY other player, given that we almost certainly have several goons remaining aswell. Granted, Tar is by no means confirmed town, and i can see a strong case for lynching him today. But get ideas of insanity out of your head. A game with GODFATHERS does not feature cops of varying sanities. I cant think of why any mod would fuck with the game to THAT extent.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1675 (isolation #201) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Yamahako wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: Wrong again i'm afraid. The godfather argument is not adding up, because mathematically, assuming that Tar is a sane cop, as you are when making this point, i am statistically less likely to be scum than ANY other player, given that we almost certainly have several goons remaining aswell.
I am
NOT
assuming Tar is a sane cop. I have pointed out that its questionable wether or not he is town or scum - given the nature of the cop mason group, as well as expressed doubt of the entire mason group's sanity. In
addition
to that, I have mentioned that the possibility of another mafia godfather exists. These are not exclusive, but concurrent sets of chance that you could be scum.
You've hit the nail on the head here. These ARE exclusive, because the argument of me being godfather is made on the assumption that the innocent investigation on me is accurate. There is little point you accusing me of being a GF should the cops both be proven to be insane, as that would be nothing short of overkill. I've already explained that insane cops is a virtual impossibility so i'll brush swiftly over that comment. Godfather is of course a possibility, but then it doesnt validate a lynch of me, as we want to hit goons as much as a GF and i am statistically less likely to be scum if the cops are genuine. The final argument for lynching me based on the claim is that the cops are in fact both scum, which EVEN THEN doesnt mean that i am scum. And if you really believed this to be true, you would be throwing your food at Tar and/or Korlash right about now.

Yama wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Granted, Tar is by no means confirmed town, and i can see a strong case for lynching him today. But get ideas of insanity out of your head. A game with GODFATHERS does not feature cops of varying sanities. I cant think of why any mod would fuck with the game to THAT extent.

BM
Insane cops =/= naive cops which is what I think we have.
it still renders godfathers obsolete. this is not Bastard Mod.
Yama wrote: In addition to a potential mafia member in the mason/cop group. Godfathers could be balancing out a mafia cop (might be two of these) role, and we could have 2 of the mason group as mafia members, though I think that's less likely.
these are not examples of cops with different sanities.

Yama wrote:When we have a minimum total of 5 cops and 1/2 cops I think that the mod isn't so likely to need to be sparing with different cop roles.
wtf?
Yama wrote: And all I really wanted was some discussion on you and Tar - what is the strong case you see on him? We need to get some discussion started and you two are the most likely to generate that discussion.
I'll respond to this later. Meantime, prods on lurkers are probably a good idea.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1677 (isolation #202) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Gorgon, Flameaxe, Hermit and Blackberry please.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1683 (isolation #203) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:10 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Yamahako wrote:
Gorgon wrote: Yama, what info exactly will it give the town if BM is lynched?

Also, how is BM claiming that BB notes =/= power role scummy?
He claimed vanilla before he claimed BB notes. That in itself is scummy.
Lol so are you saying that i DON'T have BB notes? Because i think giving me a chance to prove that would be a good idea. :roll:
In the case that i didnt have BB notes, what would be my incentive for claiming them, in the knowledge that they were (as far as we knew at the time) neither inherently scummy nor protown?
Otherwise, i dont really see what you're getting at here. Yama you are very good at making points, but seem to fall short when it comes to actually backing them up!
Yama wrote:
The fact that he has an adult name is a non-tell I supposed, but it makes me suspicious none-the-less.
Here is something i thought i should emphasise, as it highlights my view of you nicely. You see something which when you think about it, you know isnt a scumtell, yet you are tunnel-visioned to the extent that you MAKE IT INTO A SCUMTELL. I suppose its pretty much what i did with Skruffs (and vice versa), so i cant criticise you for it. Just be objective when you analyse things k?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1685 (isolation #204) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:21 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Yamahako wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Yamahako wrote:
Gorgon wrote: Yama, what info exactly will it give the town if BM is lynched?

Also, how is BM claiming that BB notes =/= power role scummy?
He claimed vanilla before he claimed BB notes. That in itself is scummy.
Lol so are you saying that i DON'T have BB notes? Because i think giving me a chance to prove that would be a good idea. :roll:
In the case that i didnt have BB notes, what would be my incentive for claiming them, in the knowledge that they were (as far as we knew at the time) neither inherently scummy nor protown?
Otherwise, i dont really see what you're getting at here. Yama you are very good at making points, but seem to fall short when it comes to actually backing them up!
I'm not saying you don't have BB notes. I'm saying that claiming vanilla - then claiming to have an ability is scummy. It's a lie at worst, a backtrack at best. It's basically a scum move. I guess I don't back up my points well in your opinion because the things I say just seem obvious enough (to me) for a 10 year old to pick up intuitively. Maybe that's the wrong approach - I'll try to be more blunt:

You said one thing, then you said something that was in direct contradiction to it. That's scummy. Your defense to that contradiction was invalid and unconvincing to me, which was additionally scummy. The fact that you do or don't have BB notes is irrelevant to this argument.
I still dont think you are quite getting it. If i was scum, why would i claim vanilla then claim an additional role?
Its alright saying 'you lied, you must be scum' but wheres the motive!?
Yama wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Yama wrote:
The fact that he has an adult name is a non-tell I supposed, but it makes me suspicious none-the-less.
Here is something i thought i should emphasise, as it highlights my view of you nicely. You see something which when you think about it, you know isnt a scumtell, yet you are tunnel-visioned to the extent that you MAKE IT INTO A SCUMTELL. I suppose its pretty much what i did with Skruffs (and vice versa), so i cant criticise you for it. Just be objective when you analyse things k?

BM
Pointing out that you're doing it > refusing to acknowledge it (as you were doing before). But that one minor point doesn't invalidate my others. And it may be relevant regardless. The blunt version:

I'm pointing out a potential flaw in my case because I recognize it as a potential flaw. It may turn out to be a valid point, which is why I mention it. I mention the fact it is a flaw because I don't want people using that reasoning as a way to invalidate my case.
so in other words, you are completely indecisive, and want to cover all your bases? :lol:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1689 (isolation #205) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:49 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

I have to second yamahakos post.

Throw all Knackwursts, prunes, and all other food stuffs which i own at Tarhalindur.

I'm a bit sick of this guy claiming cop and then killing off his confirmed innocents. Its time we take out the obv scumbag.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1690 (isolation #206) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:51 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

also in case u need specifics,
i also have Sauerkraut, which i Lob over Tarhalindur

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1696 (isolation #207) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

rofl. i guess we ARE dealing with lurker-scum :P
Surprising about Tar, but i think it clears up alot of unanswered questions. Korlash and Yama are almost certainly town.

Good night too. It looks like we were dealing with an SK as the culprit of the 'bash in the head' kills. Seems that he was killed by the soup scum, whilst he managed to kill an Admin goon aswell.

At this point, i think its wise to suspect we only have 1 scum left - a soup godfather. Its possible that we have an additional goon for each side, but i'd rather not consider this a possibility atm lol!

Anyway, i'm going to get round to a reread of the more quiet players at some point soon.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1699 (isolation #208) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:00 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Yamahako wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:rofl. i guess we ARE dealing with lurker-scum :P
Surprising about Tar, but i think it clears up alot of unanswered questions. Korlash and Yama are almost certainly town.

Good night too. It looks like we were dealing with an SK as the culprit of the 'bash in the head' kills. Seems that he was killed by the soup scum, whilst he managed to kill an Admin goon aswell.

At this point, i think its wise to suspect we only have 1 scum left - a soup godfather. Its possible that we have an additional goon for each side, but i'd rather not consider this a possibility atm lol!

Anyway, i'm going to get round to a reread of the more quiet players at some point soon.

BM
I agree with almost all of this.

We have 2 soup scum left most likely. One of whom may be a godfather. With Tar's investigations less questionable I'd like to hear from the last surviving mason. I also think we should have a mass claim at this point - we aren't out of the woods yet.
Why would we have 3 soup scum and only 2 admin scum?

It does seem like now would be the time for a mass claim, if ever.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1700 (isolation #209) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Battle Mage »

mneme wrote:Ohayou!

A very good night!

I can see how Tar's innocence quasi clears Korlash (symetry), but
I'm not sure how it clears Yama.

Korlash, are you ready to give us results yet? It seems like we could use them.
yeah i see your point. I mean, with a GF out there for sure, and the likelyhood of no more goons, the innocent investigations on Yama AND MYSELF may not be conclusive. Equally it is theoretically possible that Korlash is a scum mason, but i dont really want to consider that possibility atm. lol

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1702 (isolation #210) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:43 am

Post by Battle Mage »

mneme wrote:Re mass claim: Hai. I agree, now's the time.

If battlemage, Korlash, and Yama are all town, it's clear to me that Jordan, TheHermit, and Gorgon are our three scum.

But we need claim-based info to make an informed judgement on this (and lose nothing at this point by having claims).
wait. what? you know for sure we have 3 scum? if so, todays lynch should be a piece of cake, but the game is gonna be a bit more tricky. lol
I notice also you discounted yourself from that list. lol

Anyway, i dont think i have alot left to claim, except my number of BB notes perhaps. Once everyone has checked in, we can sort out an order for claims. Id like to hear Korlash's result if any, first though.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1704 (isolation #211) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:34 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Korlash wrote:
Mneme wrote:Korlash, are you ready to give us results yet? It seems like we could use them.
WTF are you implying here?
BM wrote:Equally it is theoretically possible that Korlash is a scum mason, but i dont really want to consider that possibility atm. lol
Only way that can be possible would be if I was the sk. Wouldn't that be a weird set up. talk about your safe calims right.

And can one person post without saying something about my reesults? I mean jeeze you people are impatient...

The way this game has been going I would be surprised if people couldn't guess who I investigated. I mean with the lack of Mason comunication and all. Let's jsut say I won't be throwing food at BM or Yam today... <.<
lol thats a good point. Id totally nominate you for a scummy if you pulled that one off! :p

You arent suggesting what i think you are i hope?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1706 (isolation #212) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:39 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Korlash wrote:What do you think I'm suggesting? >.> That we should all go out for ice cream?
lol that comment was made funnier by the avatar. :p
No, i thought you may have been suggesting that you investigated Yama last night. :o

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1708 (isolation #213) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:42 am

Post by Battle Mage »

i dont quite see why you would investigate Yama, in the knowledge that your buddy was protown, and he had an innocent on him...
but i guess we'll make do.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1710 (isolation #214) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:49 am

Post by Battle Mage »

im pretty sure Tar claimed a Yama innocent. Just sayin'
:?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1712 (isolation #215) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mod, please Prod: Gorgon, Holy, The Hermit

also, u might wanna update the OP. I keep expecting Jordan to show up. lol

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1718 (isolation #216) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:22 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

mneme wrote:Korlash: what am I suggesting? Maybe that the time has past for hiding results? Your results, Kudasai.

That said -- I'm happy to roll a bunch of dice to determine full claim order. Re Korlash's results, I think the town would benefit most from those being part of his claim, rather than first -or- last, given whenever the dice say he claims, no?
it worries me that neither you (nor Yamahako apparently) have been reading the last few posts. Korlash has already claimed...

For the record, i dont mind putting my random.org skills to good use, although to that end, i'm not sure whether the claim order will matter much. lol

Ill respond to Gorgons post later.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1720 (isolation #217) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Gorgon wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Why would we have 3 soup scum and only 2 admin scum?
Where did Yama imply that there is only one admin scum left?
not sure what you are getting at here. We have 2 admin scum dead, and only 1 soup scum. Yama said we had 2 more soup scum left, which i felt was a bit odd seeing as it would unbalance the game in favour of them, over the Admins.
Gorgon wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:yeah i see your point. I mean, with a GF out there for sure, and the likelyhood of no more goons, the innocent investigations on Yama AND MYSELF may not be conclusive.
Well, at least we can be sure that you're most likely not both scum. There's one dead GF and only two scum groups, so there's at most one GF left (since there's at most only one GF per scum group, right?).
yes.
Gorgon wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Equally it is theoretically possible that Korlash is a scum mason, but i dont really want to consider that possibility atm.
I agree Korlash is not top priority, but why is the guy still alive? And why did he investigate Yama tonight? Lack of mason communication doesn't really cut it; Tar investigated Yama a while ago, and said so in the thread. I even recall digging up this fact in response to a question from cicero. Korlash's answers regarding this are less than convincing.
if there was a scum mason, im pretty sure it would be Tar. As he came up town, im willing to trust him for now at least. The scum could well be WIFOMing us to reach the conclusion you have.
Gorgon wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: also, u might wanna update the OP. I keep expecting Jordan to show up. lol
Was he dead? Cause I don't remember him dying. Or was this a jest, perhaps?

Btw, a mass claim sounds like a good idea to me.
erm he was replaced by Holy i think.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1728 (isolation #218) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:46 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

sounds fair enough. Yama, you're upto the plate.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1730 (isolation #219) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:37 am

Post by Battle Mage »

are saltines and peas something an anorexic would eat?
i suppose they are small, so it kind of fits flavour wise. Im guessing the peas do nothing in order to balance with the scolding hot coffee.

wait, wasnt 1 of last nights NK's a result of 'scolding'?
The link is tenuous, as past kills have been 'simmering' and ive never seen someone describe a cup of coffee like that before! lol

I think the claim is very believable.

Is The Hermit even here to make a claim?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1734 (isolation #220) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Ok, a few questions for you:

1. Did you start the game with this PR, or did you acquire it later? (you may have to check with the mod, in which case, im happy to wait for you to do so)
2. What happens if you break your PR?
3. do you really have nothing else to say about the game? :o

I'll review the remainder of your claim when i get back home.
At that time, i'll also make my claim, as im next in line, and it wont affect Hermit's anyway.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1736 (isolation #221) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:31 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Korlash wrote:I take it your somewhat short on time or something but I just don't get why your waiting to claim if it has no affect on Hermit's... Just seems the sooner you claim the sooner mneme can, I can, everyone can.. etc...

Jsut thought I'd through that out there...
I wasnt as much short on time as short on patience. Running dial up is a nightmare, and when ur paying by the minute, some things can wait.

Also, i wanted to check out Hermits claim first, so we do things in order and scrutinise each claim so we dont miss stuff.

Claim and research pending.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1737 (isolation #222) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:50 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Ok reading through, Hermits claim seems to add up apart from the following post:
Bamboomancer wrote:I don't understand why people are voting =/

Isn't there... no voting?
Mod
, can you please confirm or deny that it is an error that this post has not been formally marked with a warning?

Other than that, his claim is wholly believable.

Me next. I'm Gertrude Pullitzer, the school librarian. I have 3 BB notes.
In my lunchbox i have some knackwursts, a bowl of sauerkraut, and a few prunes.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1739 (isolation #223) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:02 am

Post by Battle Mage »

another good catch. When DGB shows up, she can answer that too :P

Also Holy, if you could answer my earlier questions about anorexics, thatd be good :)

Hermit, you have plenty of questions to answer. please get over here!

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1741 (isolation #224) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:40 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Mod
, can you please confirm or deny that it is an error that this post has not been formally marked with a warning?
I'm just the janitor. No confirming, no denying.
well in that case, if the janitor has made a mistake i hope that he will correct it now it has been drawn to his attention, yes?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1744 (isolation #225) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:44 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

we dont want an in depth reread. We just want u to answer a couple questions.
Kapish?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1746 (isolation #226) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:14 am

Post by Battle Mage »

are saltines and peanuts something an anorexic would be expected to eat?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1759 (isolation #227) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:39 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Rudolph Creamer?
Sweetheart student?

I dont get it. 0.o
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1762 (isolation #228) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:50 am

Post by Battle Mage »

yeh but normally the names mean something. Or have something in conjunction with the flavour at least. I dont understand what you mean by 'sweetheart student'??

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1766 (isolation #229) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:41 am

Post by Battle Mage »

TheHermit wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Ok, a few questions for you:

1. Did you start the game with this PR, or did you acquire it later? (you may have to check with the mod, in which case, im happy to wait for you to do so)
I assume I have always had this post restriction.
C'est idiot
to imagine I only
sentence fragment? lol
Please check with the Mod via pm then, if u arent sure.
There is no punishment explained or even hinted at within the role PM itself.
Can anyone else with a PR confirm or deny this?
3. do you really have nothing else to say about the game? :o
As I've said, I've been a little busy. If I go into exactly what's been happening you would label it an appeal to emotion, so let's just leave it at that. And yes, I'm still busy. I'm kind of curious why you seem to not want to hear my thoughts on the game a little later....
lol i dont see how posting content is appeal to Emotion. You're holding out on us here, and your excuse is shocking. -.-
:shock:
we dont want an in depth reread. We just want u to answer a couple questions.
Kapish?
This sounds to me like you're trying to dissuade investigation. Either you already think I'm guilty, or you don't want me to look back in the thread and find something incriminating. Since you're not an investigator and have little to no reason to suspect me the first is scummy; the second would be scummy no matter what your claimed role was.
[/quote]

lol I wanted us to move along with the claims. Your lurking was holding everyone up, so rather than wait for a miracle (that would be, you doing a full reread). You can read through the game whenever. But we dont have all day to waste waiting for you to do so. Important setup based questions concerning your role take priority im afraid.
If you hadnt noticed, im asking everyone questions based on inconsistencies in their claims. What makes you think i have no reason to suspect you, ooi?

This post has an air of over-defensiveness and OMGUS about it to me.

FoS: Hermit

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1769 (isolation #230) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:24 am

Post by Battle Mage »

TheHermit wrote:Should have read, "
C'est idiot
to imagine why it was included in the main part of my role PM if I did not always have it."

And yes, if I told you that in the past two weeks I have lost my job, nearly broken up with my fiance, and discovered I can no longer afford the rent for where I am living and am currently scrambling to find a new apartment before my finances run dry, you would consider it an appeal to emotion. And apparently, wanting a little bit of privacy and not posting details of my personal life online are considered "holding out".

Please, don't set up questions where no matter what I answer you can reply, "That's scummy". It doesn't get us anywhere.
Thats not Appeal to Emotion. Its not even especially game related. -.-
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1771 (isolation #231) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

TheHermit wrote:Also, Korlash, what possible reason could you have to withhold your investigation results?
this post also was not PR warned.

I'm pretty much ready to alpha-strike Hermit now, unless we have any other pressing business?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1773 (isolation #232) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:53 am

Post by Battle Mage »

they cant ALL be safeclaims, otherwise they arent especially safe. lol
but it is fair to say that some could be.

i dont understand why DGB would only warn SOME posts. :$

Even when this was pointed out, she hasnt fixed them. If Hermit isnt scum, i'm calling Bastard Mod. :x

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1778 (isolation #233) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:46 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

mneme wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Hermit wrote:
There is no punishment explained or even hinted at within the role PM itself.
Can anyone else with a PR confirm or deny this?
Hai. I did so in my claim.

Hermit's play is very bad. At least today.

That said, I don't buy the idea of safe claims in this game. Doesn't fit the flavor, and PRs are easy enough to fake that a "safe claim" is unnecessary.

Also, the claim about "I don't know why DGB would warn on some posts" seems unfounded -- DGB has -never- warned on a PR post AFAIK.
Eh?
Please read the posts of those who have claimed PR's.
-.-
An analysis of when the PRs appeared (in which order) is in order.

Also, note that my PR is proven by my food...is anyone going to claim that I've faked being Nipponese?

Hmm. Pulsewidth was first.
Bamboo (Hermit) was second.

Bamboo's food matches his role (croissant, a tartine au Nutella, and a drink: apricot nectar). Though it's odd that he has 3 pieces of food and I have 8.

Now re Blackberry...

Blackberry replaced Foolinc. He never bothered faking a post restriction. (presumably, with a safe claim, he would have).

Now, re Foolinc:

Hmm. Post 13, he's making with the PR/Mexican food, before "I" and before Bamboo posted.

That said...one interesting aspect: his food was fake. The pepper didnt' do any damage.

He then...didn't throw any food at all.

So as it is, we have evidence that Foolinc managed an early fake PR, but none that his food matched his PR (and, in fact, some that it didn't -- with no real food thrown...).

In conclusion? I'm not planning on throwing any food at Hermit today. His play is far more like mine than like Blackberry's, so as far as I'm concerned, he's likely town.

I think Holy's scum, though -- her claim just doesn't make much sense.
Holy replaced Foolinc?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1783 (isolation #234) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:39 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Yamahako wrote:I could have sworn I'd seen a post warning someone with a post restriction this game - but I just went back and couldn't find it. Am I crazy?
No, there are plenty of PR warnings. Just not everywhere there ought to be.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1784 (isolation #235) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:48 am

Post by Battle Mage »

TheHermit wrote:Yamahako's been giving me a bad feeling for the whole game, so I decided to look into him. Here's what I found:

Post 26 is interesting in that Tar is obviously role-playing an anorexic valley girl. Yama says nothing about this despite later claiming pretty much the exact same role.

In Post 118, he loudly advocates support for throwing food at whoever you find suspicious. Ignoring for a moment the questionable wisdom of this advice, he changes his mind without explanation by 365.
Yamahako, waaaaay back in post 203 wrote:EBWADP - scratch that, I just re-read my role name, maybe there is a reason.
Yamahako wrote:I claimed before - but here it is again

I am Karina A. Carpenteria, an anorexic. I am with the students.

My lunchbox contains 100 peas, 2 saltines, and a cup of hot coffe.
What is it about your
name
that makes you think you would be more susceptible to damage than others?
Interesting point.
Throughout Day 1, he notes that his peas are useless because they do no damage. The question in MY mind right now is, are they doing no damage because they're weak? Or are they doing no damage because he doesn't actually have peas?
This is a very good point. I'll have to look into it, although it is fairly easy to test. :p
Post 510, he again notices BM acting scummy and lets him off easy. Forgive me for making these observations, but I think if Yamahako is scum there is a very good chance BM is scum as well.
Why are you apologising? Because you are claiming that the 2 confirmed town players are both scum? that would give us 3 godfathers, 2 of whom are apparently affiliated to the same scumgroup?
This is too ridiculous for response.
On page 26, there are two "food counts". Yamahako throws a saltine at skitzer between them, and there is NO change in his damage level. To me, this says that Yamahako's food is all fake. He has not thrown a single piece of real food throughout the game. This strongly suggests that his claim is fake as well.

I'll continue my analysis in a bit, but I think it's fair to allow everyone some time to comment on what I have so far.
I look forward to your next installment!

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1787 (isolation #236) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Holy wrote: I can't get off the fact that BM's food are so German, but he didn't claim any PR about German.
Tomorrow I'll try to read more and faster >.>
Maybe the reason i didnt claim a PR is coz i dont have 1. This is supported by the lack of warning messages accompanying my posts. lol
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1789 (isolation #237) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:12 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Are prunes inherently german? lol
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1800 (isolation #238) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:25 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Yamahako wrote: The case is full of holes. It more looks like a desparate attack of a mafia member who's been found out.
Wait, you're accusing Korlash of being scum? 0.o

FoS: Yama
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1812 (isolation #239) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:40 am

Post by Battle Mage »

erm what?
Im not seeing the great logic for killing Yama here. Yeh hes got a town investigation on him. So have i. And assuming we are just looking for a GF now, so has everyone. I cant see anything wrong with his comments about Korlash in a scummy sense. Yes admittedly his logic is poor, but i dont think that makes him a decent lynch choice for today.
I need to have a look to see where my food is going.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1818 (isolation #240) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:41 am

Post by Battle Mage »

I'm not liking the look of this... -.-
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1820 (isolation #241) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:55 am

Post by Battle Mage »

I'd like to see if that does anything before throwing any of my food.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1822 (isolation #242) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:09 am

Post by Battle Mage »

ill prod DGB. question is, which alt? lol
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1829 (isolation #243) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:09 am

Post by Battle Mage »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Image
erm may i politely ask, what the hell is going on?
Yama apparently does have food that does something, so why is he being pelted? 0.o

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1834 (isolation #244) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:45 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Korlash wrote:... Ok speculation about some specail ability the gym teacher had aside, why is BM still alive?
rofl. I loved this quote. A sensible response would be, Why are YOU still alive?? :shock:

Korlash wrote:We are looking for a soup scum GF who bashes people on the head... and the claim of "lunch lady" gets past us?!?!?! O.o I blame myself for being dumb...
Yeh you are being dumb. Check the kills for Night 4, dummy. The head bashing kill is separate to the scolding kill. Also, Skruffs was town ftr. -.-
Korlash wrote: Still... My investigation of Holy is moot now so... Eh...
You wasted your investigation again? Why am i not surprised...
Korlash wrote: I shall now go cry over the possibility of two remaining scum... T_T
Yeh you do that. Let the big boys deal with the scumhunting.
Yesterday was ridiculous. Not only did we mislynch, but you all did it in such a scummy way, that its not making it easy to differentiate between you. I think we must have 2 scum left at the very least. In fact, its possible that all 3 of you are scum. We know we have at least 1 more soup scum (due to the title 'goon'), 1 more admin scum (the expelled kill), and the mysterious head-bashing kill.
If we think we have 3 scum, the best plan is to lynch 1 today, and hope that the other 2 kill each other. Of course, this plan works on the assumption that all of you are scum. If, on the other hand, we have 2 scum out of our 4 remaining players (im not sure how, but i refuse to believe we are in so much trouble at this time), we should No-Lynch, because if we lynch scum today, we would lose automatically.

I'm going to look and see of the 3 of you, who looked worst yesterday.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1838 (isolation #245) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:15 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Korlash wrote:
BM wrote:rofl. I loved this quote. A sensible response would be, Why are YOU still alive??
Probably because you were planning on making me the mislynch today... too bad for you your possibly not the only scum left... lol...
Lol yeh, because ive thrown all my food at you already, and come out of the gates firing. [/sarcasm] Get a grip kid. I havent even thrown anything at you, despite making 2 incredibly scummy posts. Also, was that last comment a claim? :P
Korlash wrote:
BM wrote:Yeh you are being dumb. Check the kills for Night 4, dummy. The head bashing kill is separate to the scolding kill. Also, Skruffs was town ftr. -.-
Seeing as how the scoulding kill didnt happen last night but the bashing did, and the proof that a soup scum member is still in the game means that it is very likely that that is a flavor of their kill. Scolding could be anything, coffee for instance which would fit perfectly in a school.
Ok, thats better. Who claimed to have coffee? If we have a Vig, that seriously increases our chances here.
Korlash wrote: Lastly... who the hell was talking abotu Skruffs... What a bad strawman... I thought you were better then this.. man... you phail...
YOU TALKED ABOUT SKRUFFS. He's dead, and you appear to be trying to push a lynch on him. He was town, and you just slipped up BIG STYLE with that 'lunch lady' comment.
Korlash wrote:
BM wrote:You wasted your investigation again? Why am i not surprised...
I didn't waste crap. I stupidly followed the advice of a proven town that coriladed with my own suspicions without thinking that the scum would do the same. Nice try scumz...
Proven town? this wouldnt be Yama would it? The guy you encouraged everyone to pile on yesterday? :roll:

Oh and 1 more thing. Why do you keep referring to me as scum, yet you havent thrown any food at me? lol
I hope you arent looking for a repeat of yesterday-you setting up a confirmed innocent to be lynched using propaganda?
You protest too much, my friend. :lol:
Korlash wrote:
BM wrote:Let the big boys deal with the scumhunting.
Oh look who thinks he's a big boy... ohhh... so cute!... Whydon't you go play in the corner with your legs...
lolwut? :lol:

Mod, please
Prod Mneme and Gorgon

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1841 (isolation #246) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:54 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Korlash wrote:
BM wrote:Lol yeh, because ive thrown all my food at you already, and come out of the gates firing. [/sarcasm] Get a grip kid. I havent even thrown anything at you, despite making 2 incredibly scummy posts. Also, was that last comment a claim?
yeah because I totally said you threw food at me... Honestly... why all the hostility? :P
well, you were the one accusing me of being scum who is trying to make a mislynch outta you. Tbh, if you are town, you are doing a pretty good job of that yourself. ;)
Korlash wrote:
BM wrote:Ok, thats better. Who claimed to have coffee? If we have a Vig, that seriously increases our chances here.
I think Yama calimed to have coffee... but that doesn't help us... I'd rather not talk about vigs thank you very much least you get a chance to NK them or something like that.
ROFL. Did you not read my comments about propaganda? The only coffee that im concerned about, is the coffee i keep spilling on myself when i read your comments. :D
Why would you not want to talk about a Vig. If we can get a confirmed innocent, why is that a bad thing?
Stop chasing shadows and be serious. You said we have a Vig, so where is he, Sherlock? :roll:
You are stinking of Soup-Scum atm. What better power for them to have in a 2 man scumgroup, than a mafia mason?
Korlash wrote:
BM wrote:YOU TALKED ABOUT SKRUFFS. He's dead, and you appear to be trying to push a lynch on him. He was town, and you just slipped up BIG STYLE with that 'lunch lady' comment.
Totally forgot your the librarian... *rolls eyes* well I'm back to the drawing board... *throws clipboard over shoulder*
At least you can admit your mistakes. Still doesnt mean im going to forget how quickly you were going to follow the weakest of reasonings though. :o
Korlash wrote:
BM wrote:Proven town? this wouldnt be Yama would it? The guy you encouraged everyone to pile on yesterday?
Who is now proven town... what part of this don't you understand... wheres that clipboard... <.<
My my, you sure adapt quickly dontcha? Just because Yama is proven town, doesnt mean he is right. Just like your mason buddy was confirmed town, and you didnt listen to everything he said. Oh but wait, you werent confirmed town were you? The mason affiliation was unconfirmed. So, you arent really confirmed atall, are you? :)
Korlash wrote:
BM wrote:Oh and 1 more thing. Why do you keep referring to me as scum, yet you havent thrown any food at me? lol
I hope you arent looking for a repeat of yesterday-you setting up a confirmed innocent to be lynched using propaganda?
You protest too much, my friend.
Now now scum... Yesterday was in part due to a deadline set, hardly anything to do with me.
You're doing it again! Is it a Post Restriction or Tourettes? :roll:
I'll hook out your comment in a sec, just for the benefit of the other 2.

Korlash wrote: I mean should you have pushed another person perhaps the situation would be different. And who's a confirmed innocent? You? me? Gorgon? Honestly man... are you trying to say Mneme is the only possible lynch simply cause he is the only non-confirmed innocent? :P
Thats a good point. Your claim cannot POSSIBLY be accurate, as if it was, Mneme would be the only possible scum left, and we know we have at LEAST 2 scum remaining.
HoS: Korlash

BM wrote:lolwut?
Totally meant "legos"... that sounds cute and innocent... the way it came out sounds.. um... weird...[/quote]

yup. sure does. rofl!
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1843 (isolation #247) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:04 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Korlash wrote:
BM wrote:You said we have a Vig, so where is he, Sherlock?
If I remember correctly... You were the first one to mentiont he term, word, phrase, or anythign similar to "vig"... Of course im almsot always wrong but I don't remember saying we have a vig...
You said that the scolding kill wasnt the soup scumbags. It couldnt have been anyone else other than a vig, can it?
Korlash wrote:
BM wrote:You are stinking of Soup-Scum atm. What better power for them to have in a 2 man scumgroup, than a mafia mason?
A GF? :P
i havent eliminated that as a possibility either, dont worry.
Korlash wrote:
BM wrote:So, you arent really confirmed atall, are you?
More confirmed then you.... I had two other people "confrim my role"
by admiting they were my mafia partner
with the same ability I had and came up town. And I am one of the people "confirming" your innocents. So in all manner of speaking... Yeah... I think I am the most confirmed.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

You DID just claim scum!!!! :P
And ftr, your mason team claimed you were an unconfirmed mason. Not necessarily town. In fact, with an UNCONFIRMED AFFILIATION mason trio, it seems unlikely that all are town.
Korlash wrote:
BM wrote:Thats a good point. Your claim cannot POSSIBLY be accurate, as if it was, Mneme would be the only possible scum left, and we know we have at LEAST 2 scum remaining. HoS: Korlash
I'm hoping this is a joke... cause you cannot be as stupid as me... the law of symetry and balance means that it is very likely a GF remains. So how can my claim not be accurate?
Good point. But still, assuming we only have 1 GF maximum, why have you not thrown your food at Mneme yet. After all, in your eyes, she is confirmed scum, no?
Korlash wrote: Secondly: What happened to vig? No proof of two scum left, so all in all this statement can only be descirbed as something I would say...
Umm, in addition to the expulsion, we have the dubious identity kills of 'headbashing' and 'scolding'. Thats 3 kills unaccounted for. assuming 1 of them is a Vig, we have 2 scum left still.
Korlash wrote: I'm rubbing off on you aren't I? <3

^^ Korlash out...
I know i'm sexy, but thats a ridiculous thing to say.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1847 (isolation #248) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:25 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Korlash wrote:
BM wrote:You said that the scolding kill wasnt the soup scumbags. It couldnt have been anyone else other than a vig, can it?
I said it is possible the bashing is from the soup scum and that the scouldign "could be anything" In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the flavor of the kill was linked to the person that did the kill and not the group itself. Such as it's scoulding if the goon kills but bashing if the gf kills. (Example of course)
What about the night when both Scolding and Headbashing occurred? :roll:
Korlash wrote:
BM wrote:You DID just claim scum!!!!
And ftr, your mason team claimed you were an unconfirmed mason. Not necessarily town. In fact, with an UNCONFIRMED AFFILIATION mason trio, it seems unlikely that all are town.
*sigh* I meant mason... I really need to preview my dang posts...

and as far as confirmed go I still have two people that admited they were told I was their partner. They both came up the thing they (and myself) claimed. So I would hope that at least gives little doubt about my role. All that is in doubt is my affiliation. That same goes for you. I mean the GF thing does make most investigations moot. Plus if you hoestly don't believe me then my investigation on you is worthless. ehh I think endgame no one is totally confirmed...
I agree with this.
Korlash wrote:
BM wrote:Good point. But still, assuming we only have 1 GF maximum, why have you not thrown your food at Mneme yet. After all, in your eyes, she is confirmed scum, no?
While I am totally stupid and an idiot, I'm not stupid or an idiot!!! I would never toss food at a time like this without a lot of disscussion, plus I have already told you the law of symetry/balance is in effect here. So I cannot possible assume on GF maximum.

Again, as of right now, I don't see anyone as confired except myself...
Well theres a surprise! :lol:
Korlash wrote:
BM wrote:Umm, in addition to the expulsion, we have the dubious identity kills of 'headbashing' and 'scolding'. Thats 3 kills unaccounted for. assuming 1 of them is a Vig, we have 2 scum left still.
first off we have a total of 3 scum groups revealed, so we could assign all the kills to the groups which would eliminate the whole vig possibility. Then again after Night 2 I'm more tempted to believe the flavor changes every night whether the scum can pick what they do or it is random. But i want to go over the kills again soon and work out this theory of mine into something I can defend... <.< *grab new clipboard*
I dont think this is true. But ill wait to see your notes before i jump on it.

Korlash wrote:
BM wrote:I know i'm sexy, but thats a ridiculous thing to say.
Rowl... :wink:
rofl

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1850 (isolation #249) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:11 am

Post by Battle Mage »

2 remaining admin scum?
plus 1 soup scum, and 1 headbashing scum, gives us 4 scum out of 4 players.

HoS: Mneme

If we do have 2 admin scum left, i can easily see this as a slip.

Also,
Nominate Gorgon-Modkill

We cant get a lynch today with him lurking, and as the odds are that he is scum anyway, he's worth modkilling, allowing us to get an additional lynch aswell.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1853 (isolation #250) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Korlash wrote:Ok first off... Someone smack Mneme.. We have 2 soup scum not admin. Secondly I have cleared both Goron AND BM with investigations. So your "theory" is null-in-void as far as me and a partner goes.

That slip up makes me feel Mneme is either town or soup scum. Either way, that means there isn't 3 scum left. First off him as town + me as town = 2 scum max. Him as soup scum means he has no partner and thus only 2 soup and only 2 admin. The only other option here is "another" Sk, which I find unlikely, or a possible "gym scum pairing" which flavorwise and Mod note seems unlikely.
Thats odd-my feeling was that if scum, Mneme was more likely to be Admin scum, due to the setup misrepresentation.
Korlash wrote: As for thsi nominated modkill, when did mod killings become player's choice? I believe the furthest we can go is to ask for prods. To ask for a modkill, especially in what I would term endgame, very not-so-town-like in my book!
Bearing in mind the odds against us here, im sure you can understand that an extra designated kill is not something to complain about.
Korlash wrote: Lastly, Gorgon said he would be gone until Monday at the latest, so to ask for a mod kill for a player based ont he term lurking after that player said he would be gone is very VERY NSTL.
ah, i didnt see that. Lets hope he posts today then.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1856 (isolation #251) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Gorgon wrote:I'm back.

Strange kills last night. I thought the basher was dead. However, this somewhat coincides with the strange kills N2, where there were two bashings, but no boiling. Perhaps the soup scum occasionally bash people instead of boiling them?

Anyhow, this weirdness aside, two kills means we have at least two scum alive, right? Problem is, I'm having a hard time putting everything together. I've been assuming that the scum have pretty equal powers, which would mean, for instance, that either both The Hermit and mneme were scum, or both were town. Now The Hermit has been killed and confirmed as town, I'm having a hard time seeing mneme as scum. Why would one scum group get a PR'd guy, and the other one not?
In order to keep the game from being breakable. Also, it could be an issue of balance aswell.
Gorgon wrote: Also, Korlash is a mason. Again, why would one scum group get a mason, and the other one not?
Same as above.
Gorgon wrote: One way in which this could make sense is if there's one from each scum group left alive. The admin scum would thus have three guys in all, and the soup scum would have two guys. In order to balance things, the soup scum would then have a PR'd guy or a mason. Could work I guess.
This is currently where im leaning aswell.
Gorgon wrote: BM suggested a no lynch. Although it looks pretty damn likely that he is scum at this point, I think this may not be a bad idea. If there's two scum left alive and we lynch one of them, the other can just kill a townie tonight and win. Right?
exactly. But we run the risk of getting slaughtered if we have 3 scum remaining. I say 'we' but for that to be true, you'd all have to be scum from different groups, with me as the only townie remaining. :shock:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1857 (isolation #252) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

NB: Not hammering. This needs some more thought.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1875 (isolation #253) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

umm theoretically you have a point, but in practice, scum win condition usually comprises 'you must have 50% or more of the remaining players. That means that a 2-man scumgroup would have probably won already.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1876 (isolation #254) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:11 am

Post by Battle Mage »

mneme wrote:Korlash-san: I left an entire round of posts between my initial analysis (which concluded that you or BM had to die) and my alpha. (that said, yes, 2 deaths. 2 scumgroups = 2 deaths. We haven't had -three- deaths since out lone "scum" died).
Does the word 'flavour' mean nothing to you??
Mneme wrote: Of -course- BM is scum. Of -course- holy is scum. But I don't think they're scum together. (actually, the lack of a hammer starts to prove my judgement there).
I'm a bit tired of this. Several people now have said 'BM is obviously scum', but words like that are very easy. Its the failure of ANYONE to back them up which i find irritating.
And Holy is dead in case you didnt notice. Was that a slip of someone who's mind was still on last nights NK? :roll:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1877 (isolation #255) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:13 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Gorgon wrote:Um - I came up with a theory that there were two scum as well. Of course, there could be three ... One scum group has a mason, and the other has a PR'd player. Point is there's at LEAST two scum left alive. Otherwise, how does one explain two deaths last night?
this is a valid scenario.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1878 (isolation #256) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:22 am

Post by Battle Mage »

The Cake wrote:Ok, turns out 'later today' is a lot sooner than I thought. Yay!

Mneme- 60% town. Haven't seen any real problems except alpha-striking Korlash, don't think PR is faked, but see below.
You dont think the ridiculous BW of Yama yesterday was scummy?
I'd be interested to hear your thoughts to the contrary.
The Cake wrote: Korlash- 80% town. While there IS a possibility of one of the gossiping Masons being scum, I think a variety of sanities is more likely. What kind of cheerleader gossips with scum?
An unintelligent one. A rebellious one. What sort of cheerleader DOESNT gossip with scum? And dont you think such an ability would be perfect for balancing the game, and also explain why Korlash was so eager to eliminate both of his buddies?
The Cake wrote: Battle Mage- I've read. I've reread. I've reread AGAIN. All signs point to scum scum. I said it before, I'll say it again. The amount of friction between him and Skruffs (town), if nothing else, is amazingly anti-town.
In case you hadnt noticed, the friction between us was far less when i got clarification on my role pm... -.-

The Cake wrote: He was probably expecting Skruffs to be soup scum, and was going to use that leverage to his advantage as admin scum.
A fair scenario, but a nulltell nonetheless. Odd though, considering how you felt so strongly Skruffs was town. :o
The Cake wrote:
His claim? Highly indicative of admin scum. The only thing that stops me from alpha-striking is that odds are much more in favor of there being Soup Scum.
I'm no longer sure that admin scum exists, as it seems to really skew the game against the soup scum, who as of yet have only 1 member revealed.
The Cake wrote: This would, by process of emilination, leave Mneme.

On that note, there's a strong possibility that Mneme's PR ISN'T faked. Japanese chefs, anyone? Mneme's probably Benny Hannah or something. Those knives are frikkin' LETHAL.
Actually thats a good point. Except we havent had knife kills for Soup Scum. But i agree that the flavour seems to fit better than anyone elses.

I'm currently of the opinion that we probably have only 2 scum.
Mneme and Korlash are both almost certainly scum, but i can definitely see The Cake as town atm. I'm just not sure which 1 fits the role of soup scum better....

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1880 (isolation #257) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:02 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Korlash wrote:
BM wrote:And dont you think such an ability would be perfect for balancing the game, and also explain why Korlash was so eager to eliminate both of his buddies?
RED FLIPPIN FLAG!

I WAS AGINST BOTH MY PARTNER'S DEATHS!

And yes i hate caps too but that crap just set me off.
I argued against Tar's lynch at least as much, if not more, as I theorised him as scum
Wow, inconsistency much?
I'll highlight it in orange and indigo for those who love colours.
Did you argue in favour of them dying or not? In one sentence you claim to be wholly against their deaths, and in the next you admit that you were far from convincing on either score. I'll pick out some choice quotes in a sec.
Korlash wrote: plus Night was the only partner who talked to me and was flipping nightkilled before i even got to post once. So if you want to keep whining about how people keep saying your scum without backing it up, why don't you keep dang mistaken crap like this out of the disscussion.
Lol, chill out Mr Defensive.
Korlash wrote:
BM wrote: What sort of cheerleader DOESNT gossip with scum?
Laughed at that one btw... ^_^ so true...
thanks lol. :)
Korlash wrote:
BM wrote:Mneme and Korlash are both almost certainly scum, but i can definitely see The Cake as town atm. I'm just not sure which 1 fits the role of soup scum better....
I'm pretty damn confident Mneme is the only scum remaining. But the two nightkills is a hard thing to get past.

I'll give a vig one more post to claim before I throw my vittles.
yeh, and that reminds me, Mneme was also very eager to throw her food, which is another point against her. In my experience, scum in endame are often the first to act, mainly out of anxiousness to spread suspicion away from themselves.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1882 (isolation #258) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

The Cake wrote:Well, it seems the three of us have reached the common ground of Mneme-scum, so at least that's good. Completely nonvig here, BM.
Erm, i never said you were a Vig. Nor suggested we might have had 1. :?
The Cake wrote: BM, I would normally agree with your cheerleader points here, but think of our scum groups. Every dead scum was part of the adult body of the school. Do you think they would gossip with their teachers? Or worse, the cafeteria workers? That's frikkin' nuts!
Actually, the soup-scum goon appears to be a child (hence the Jr). But i see your general point. Its just i cant get over Korlash's scummy play this game...

I'm pretty much ready to pelt at Mneme.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1888 (isolation #259) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:26 am

Post by Battle Mage »

hmm, how come Cake's food rebounded onto himself? 0.o
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1890 (isolation #260) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:00 am

Post by Battle Mage »

I'm exceptionally confused now. Can someone please explain??

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1893 (isolation #261) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:27 am

Post by Battle Mage »

mneme wrote:Re BM being scum: Obviously. I can do subraction, so it's obvious you're scum to -me-. If you're not, I've doomed the town by voting korlash-scum, but so be it.

This engame is so full of baka that I'm sitting in it. The only reason for Cake to throw his food at me is if he's part of a remaining 2-person scumgroup, or if he thinks I'm town. Or if he somehow thinks that there's a scumgroup with a double-kill, maybe? Hmm. Or he could think I was opposing scum and be the last member of a scumgroup, I suppose.

The possiblities, again, for the slow: (yeah, I know -- you're all scum, so it's mostly meaningless, but I can try):

1. We have two opposing scum left. Impossible unless the scumgroups had uneven numbers, or we had two SKs (seems unlikely).
2. We have one scumgroup left. Unthinkable -- two scumkills.
3. We have two scumgroups left, one with 2, one with 1. This is by far the most likely hypothesis, given our evidence. If so, it's important to remember that this is a very wierd game re votes (ie, food) -- not only do some people have more food than others, but you don't need anything close to a majority of the total # of votes to "lynch" -- a submajority can pull off a lynch. This was why I was willing to throw food early -- because it's entirely possible that two people can "lynch" in this game, giving an advantage to whomever throws food first. Also, why I wasn't willing to talk about it; it's possible that the scum could just force a conclusion by speed-voting (since it hasn't happened, I'm guessing that they don't have the food).

Now, why we're still playing if there are two scum left...normally,with scum parity, the scum have a de facto win even if the rules don't give it to them; they can't lose a lynching vote, and can just kill until they win. In this case, the votes are wierd, and it's possible (probable, I think) that townies have more votes than many scum. So it's possible the scum can lose from a parity position, particularly with other killers in the game, thus we (by which I mean me and the remaining soup) haven't been endgamed yet.
thats not an explanation by any stretch of the imagination. -.-

@The Cake- yeh i thought so, but i wasnt sure. 0.o
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1896 (isolation #262) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mneme is about as consistent as the Soup Scum's custard. 0.o
I'm not sure what to think anymore. Its virtually impossible to see her as town, but i dont see what Korlash is waiting for, and i'm interested to see what proportions of the remaining food we each have, as presumably, if we do have 2 scum left, the reason they havent worked together is because they have less than half the total food.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1900 (isolation #263) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

lol you are so far from proven town, its hilarious. But, i'll humour you. Spill.

(and sorry about the gender thing, i just kind of naturally assume you're female. :o
The PR isnt exactly helping).

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1902 (isolation #264) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:20 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Korlash wrote:I'm waiting to throw myfood becuase I want town to have the last say. So why don't you throw your food first scum, and then I'll toss a couple apples and pickles at you...
Rofl. I believe they call that an oxymoron. No offence, but you dont really have much choice here. I'm confirmed town by the fact i havent hammered anyone yet (unless im part of a 2-man group).
But even if i was scum, your food is hardly going to cause me a great deal of damage now. :roll:
Go ahead, toss away. Throw your food first though. :lol:
BM wrote:
Mneme wrote:I'm much more intersted in IDing the "lone scum" and not throwing food at him or her.
Dude you called me soup and said soup was lone scum. I.e. to you I'm the lone scum. So even though you failed by throwin it at town, you faied in your own thinking. You jsut failed so bad it's pretty damn funny! *laughs*
When this game is over (or preferably before) we seriously need to get a straightjacket on you.
0.o

Oh and btw, that last post of mine was sarnathed by urs, and was actually directed at Mneme, which of course, you already probably realised. :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1905 (isolation #265) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:20 am

Post by Battle Mage »

mneme wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:lol you are so far from proven town, its hilarious. But, i'll humour you. Spill.
BM, your selective memory is...fascinating.

As you may recall, there was a big argument on (I think day 1) twix you and Sir Tornado (my predecessor). Sir Tornado ran into some trouble on day 1 (mostly, because he's -awful-). This came to a head in [url=
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... ht=#808427]330[/url], where he mentioned that he did not have a win condition mentioned in his PM.

Then, in 342, our everloving mod said:
DGB wrote:Note: If your PM doesn't mention your alignment, your alignment is "town" - the scum knows who they are, don't worry.
Which pretty much confirmed Sir T (and by extension, myself) as town.
Thats only evidence if you consider that Sir T is a terrible player who can't manage to read the OP. As i know him slightly better than that, i dont buy into this logic im afraid.
Mneme wrote: Additional evidence that I'm town is that I have more than 25% of the available food (proven). If I were part of a two-man scumgroup, well, 1. we'd have already won, and 2. it would have to be either with Korlash (?), cake (?) or you (you know we're not, plus our fight that I link to above).
If i had anything to prove, i'd probably point out the BS logic in this. As i dont, i wont bother.
Mneme wrote:
BM wrote:(and sorry about the gender thing, i just kind of naturally assume you're female. :o
The PR isnt exactly helping).
?! It's not like we haven't been in games before -- and what, all Nipponese are female suddenly?
Just the over-doing of the PR has a feminine edge to it.
Korlash wrote: Anyways, the way I see it, only BM is important (ie, can cause town to win, which is, after all, what I care about at this point). Korlash has no viable options, town or scum, than throwing food at me.
then what motive do you think he has for stalling?
Mneme wrote: But BM?

If you're part of a two man scumgroup...you've won. Congrats. Finish it off already. There is no "BM is part of a two-man scumgroup" situation where he hasn't already won.

If you're solo scum, you should lynch korlash with me. I'm obviously not allied with korlash or cake, but that's not proven for them -- so while all lynches are equal, a few are (much) more equal than others.

If you're town? You should lynch me (unless you're a vig or something, which changes the equasion imeasurably). If there are two town and two opposing scum left, it's very important that we lynch town today -- it's better to go into endgame with 1 town, 1 scum A, and 1 scum B than with 2 town and two opposing scum, and lynching scum in that situation causes the other scum to win.
Ok, thanks for the content. I've made my decision.

Will throw my food in a bit, unless Korlash has anything else to say.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1925 (isolation #266) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:04 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Gorrad wrote:Man, three shots to win and I still lost. But didn't I say BM-scum from the start? Can we see Role PMs please?
yeh i felt kinda bad for you in the end. You genuinely were the most protown looking player out of our group of 4, and really deserved something more, especially because you played remarkably well as town too.

And yeh, as in all my games, alot of people 'pegged me' as scum at various points in the game. But, its pretty irrelevant unless you actually get me lynched.

This game also highlighted a concern of mine which is allowing players to replace back in after being NKed. In this case, the SOLE REASON i NKed Gorrad in the first place, was because he was on to me. When i found out he'd been allowed to replace back in, not once, but twice, i was literally furious, as DGB will tell you. :P
In the end, i was lucky that it didnt change the shape of the game.

Ooi, who else other than Skruffs and I had BB notes?

Also, the double NK's were great fun. Cept on the first night, NEITHER WORKED. Had they worked, Gorrad and Skruffs wouldve been dead much earlier.

Jordan roleblocked me on Night 1?! You dirty bast... :P

Also, if Korlash had an innocent on Holy, who came up scum, why did he not twig that he was naive??

Oh and finally, thanks for modding an excellent game DGB. I love playing as SK, and i finally got the chance to play a full game as it. :D

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1927 (isolation #267) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:43 am

Post by Battle Mage »

-.-
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1930 (isolation #268) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:13 am

Post by Battle Mage »

umm Mneme, neither me OR Cake were town. :P
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1933 (isolation #269) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:30 am

Post by Battle Mage »

The Fonz wrote:
Skruffs wrote:I SAID HE WAS SCUM I SAID HE WAS SCUM I SAID HE WAS SCUM
I did wonder why the hell BM was not lynched when he claimed there was a discrepancy between the way he was told BB notes worked and the way that Skruffs claimed they did, and that this meant Skruffs must be scum- and then backtracked on his claim? Jeez, BM, you really can get away with almost anything.

Man. Three months later, or whatever, and I'm STILL pissed at Tarhalindur.
fyi, i did genuinely misread my role pm, and i genuinely though Skruffs was scum (because he had BB notes too).

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1948 (isolation #270) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:53 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

mneme wrote:Hmm. So BM got your nightkill immunity, cicero? It looks like he survived at least one nightkill based on the night reports.

cicero+BM+Jordan/Holy = Admin Scum? (I knew Holy was scum! Just screamed scum!)

3 on 3 would have made a lot more sense (and would likely have resulted, assuming lack of death millers, in korlash and I madly competing to be the last day lynch -- which would have failed in the face of BM's apparent nightkill immunity, but hey.
I had NK immunity from the start.

@Fonz- Actually, i genuinely thought both Korlash and Mneme were scum. :P

Shows im better as scum than town. lol

@Mneme- I'd never have killed Cake in the end. In fact, had i showed up on time, i was going to hammer you, and NK Korlash instead. I killed you in the end because the Mod indicated that there could be 1 more day, and if i had less food than the remaining player, id lose anyway.
And actually, the BB notes seemed to be a detriment. Thats why i didnt use them. When Skruffs used them on me, i got an extra NK. I didnt really want to give other people additional abilities. lol

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1950 (isolation #271) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:03 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mr Stoofer wrote:Stoofer's 5th Law
Try telling that to Thespival Mafia.... :roll:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1955 (isolation #272) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:34 am

Post by Battle Mage »

aww thanks Korlash :P

also i dont think the 'lol'ing is a scumtell for me. If it was, it was only in this game, and hasnt been picked up on since, by you or anyone else.

Lol ;)

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1964 (isolation #273) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:10 am

Post by Battle Mage »

then it was impossible for someone to reach 9 BB Notes, when between us we could only muster 8?

lol

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage