Mini 578 - Mistery at Montescuro - Game Over!

Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:10 pm

Post by Claus »

Vote Count!

JamesthePhox 3 - Sensfan, Yosarian2, Near
Near 3 - Singing Librarian, Macavenger, Joudas
PyroDwarf 2 - Coron, Guardian
Guardian 1 - Pyrodwarf

Not voting:

EvilGorilaz, JamesThePhox, Dasquian

With 12 people alive and kicking, it takes 7 votes to lynch!
Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:54 pm

Post by Singing Librarian »

Near continues to be the scummiest-looking player to me, no matter what new posts arrive or no matter how many re-readings I go through.

I'm not sold on the JtP case, but Near's reasoning for it is just awful, almost as bad as the alleged 'joke' FoSes. And the line in Thursday's post ("I like the fact that you take this game seriously.") is not at all encouraging either.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:06 pm

Post by Dasquian »

OK, I gone an' dun a reread.

Top suspects, in no particular order: Near, JamesThePhox, Pyrodwarf, EvilGorillaz, Guardian

Near is going to get my vote.
Vote Near
. To be honest the bulk of the weight of this vote is his style, which seems to me to be a strange combination of nonchalance and forced concern. Pretty much everything he's done this game has been scummy though, from his first post, his extended periods of lurking as the spotlight moves off of him, and his vote on Phox (this one more about the lack of accompanying justification, rather than the target itself).

His only "townie" post was his big defence in post 142, when he first came under fire, and that's notable for him providing two suspects but not actually dropping an accompanying vote (he kept his on Yosarian2).

JamesThePhox - This one's a circumstantial note, really. In post 122 Yos2 noted something that rang true, when he FOSed Near but didn't vote him in a very wishy-washy post that both attacked Near but gave him lots of doubt.

Pyrodwarf - The thing that stands out most about Pyrodwarf for me is that, more than once, he responds to accusation by insisting on knowing what the case against him is. This isn't a clear scum-tell by any means, but in my limited experience, I think scum are more prone to wanting to know why a townie has tagged them, due to a fear that they've given themselves away somewhere.

EvilGorillaz - I've had no beef with his suspicions and stances (since they've coincided with mine at times), but people have pointed out that he's been quite quiet, and he has.

Guardian - The least of my suspicions, really, but I still wanted to note it. I generally approve of the strategy of kickstarting discussion with spurious accusations and direct questions, but it got to the point where he carried on asking them and delivering little of his own thoughts. I also couldn't agree with his focus on JamesThePhox at the time (or at the time, on the reread) over VampanezeHunter, even though I would rank Phox over Coron right now.

I certainly wouldn't support a Guardian bandwagon, but I didn't like his play around pages 4-6ish.

Right now I think our plan should be this: get Near to L-2, L-1 if necessary, because he needs the kick up the jacksy to do anything, hear his claim, and make a call.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:08 am

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

Dasquian wrote:
Right now I think our plan should be this: get Near to L-2, L-1 if necessary, because he needs the kick up the jacksy to do anything, hear his claim, and make a call.
I will agree with that.
Vote: Near
When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart <3
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:57 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Near? You're on L-2.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Joudas
Joudas
Goon
Joudas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:24 am

Post by Joudas »

Near's lack of posting here is getting rather irritating. :(
Tarhalindur: [i]Joudas's play matches that of a newbie doc.[/i]
Tarhalindur: [i]The moral of the story is that I suck at newbies.[/i]
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:07 am

Post by Claus »

Prodded Yossarian2, JamesthePhonx and Near, based in the date of their most recent posts. If you want anyone else prodded, just say in the thread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:00 am

Post by Coron »

Claus wrote:JamesthePho
n
x
wait, did someone replace in without you telling us? :lol: :lol:

- The number of times I have written Phonx instead of Phox when writing votecounts in this game is not funny (of course, it is mostly edited out). Just as I always write Armix instead of Armlx, and Shamba instead of Shanba. Grr. Now move on.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:43 am

Post by Guardian »

Coron, what info have you gathered?

I think Pyro is a good lynch, that's what I'm getting.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:45 am

Post by Dasquian »

Do you think he is a better lynch than Near? If so, why?
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:52 am

Post by Guardian »

I'm unsure if Pyro is a better lynch than Near.

I'm troubled by Near's posting habits; I do find them suspicious.

However, while posting habits can often be a good contributing reason to lynch someone, it seems that that would be the
main
reason that we're lynching Near. There is the early game stuff too, but had Near been posting regularly since then, they wouldn't be playing nearly the factor they may be now.

Also, Near seems like an easy lynch, and easy lynches don't work out well, in general. This case may be an exception... maybe not.

I definitely want Near to respond and explain himself. If Near fails to explain himself, I'd likely be resigned to lynching him.

Near -- why are you posting in other games, but not here?
Near -- when you do that -- have different posting habits in different games -- unless you have a good explanation for it, it is very suspicious, especially in the games you are posting less in (here).
Do not lynch me.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:29 am

Post by Near »

Guardian wrote:Near -- why are you posting in other games, but not here? Near -- when you do that -- have different posting habits in different games -- unless you have a good explanation for it, it is very suspicious, especially in the games you are posting less in (here).
Responding to a prod.

I post more in games that are in more interesting stages. And I post when I have stuff to write about. Having said that, I realize I do have a responsibility to contribute in this game, so for this, I apologize. I am going to read what happened in last few pages, and I am going to post my thoughts.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by Near »

I finished a re-read.

We are already on page 10, and I don't see anything close a lynch-target. The person with most votes is me, and that's because I haven't been posting. Despite this being mostly my fault, I want have to say it's pretty weak. The person with second highest vote count is JamesThePhox. Even though I am one of the people who have voted against him, I am not even close to wanting to lynch him at the moment.

First, my defense. I have not been posting very much, so I do agree with the recent votes against me to try to get me to post more. But looking at how easy it was to form a bandwagon strong enough to put me at L-2
twice
should be taken as evidence that the bandwagon was at least partially scum-driven.

My other thoughts:
JamesThePhox wrote:To be honest, I also had mixed feelings while I was writing that paragraph mainly because Near's posts so far are so ambiguous and off-topic that it was hard for me to classify him as either mafia or pro-town.
At the time, I actually haven't posted much about the game other than the random vote. What posts of mine qualified as "ambiguous"? I can agree with "off-topic" on my first post, but that was the reason for everyone voting against me - because people thought I was trying to find reasons to start a bandwagon. I find your qualifications of my posts as "ambiguous" ambiguous.
JamesThePhox wrote:
So, you're right in saying that the post was a bit awkward and strange, however, it was because of the difficulty I had classifying him as either or. Ultimately, I feel that his posts have not helped town in scum hunting in any way, which makes him the highest on my suspect list.

After looking back on some of Near's posts, I think I'll stick with him unless other suspicions pop up. Vote: Near
I, indeed, didn't make any useful post at the time. But there were other people at the time (e.g. VH who hasn't been replaced yet) who both avoided questions and lurked more than I have.The fact that you singled me out at a very convenient time, when the bandwagon against me was getting stronger makes you scummy.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by Guardian »

Near, to clarify, Phox is your #1 target, but the evidence on him is so shaky you don't want to see him lynched?
Do not lynch me.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:58 pm

Post by Near »

Guardian wrote:Near, to clarify, Phox is your #1 target, but the evidence on him is so shaky you don't want to see him lynched?
To clarify, I find Phox is scummy but the evidence on him is not enough to want to lynch him on Day 1 unless we must lynch someone due to deadline constraints.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by Guardian »

Ok, Near, then, what do you think about Pyro? You haven't really commented on Coron (and my) suspicion of him.
Do not lynch me.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:15 pm

Post by Near »

Guardian wrote:Ok, Near, then, what do you think about Pyro? You haven't really commented on Coron (and my) suspicion of him.
Pyro doesn't come off scummy to me. When sensfan was obviously vote hopping, I actually saw her as pretty pro-town or experienced scum, but mostly pro-town. I found it slightly weird that Pyro questioned sensfan because of it, but I think it's possible. People get different reactions to same posts, and I don't think his reasoning sounded that scummy.

I actually find Coron suspicious for creating a link between Pyro and JamesThePhox (that they are scum partners) and trying hard to lynch Pyro instead of JamesThePhox. This will be beneficial assuming Coron and JamesThePhox as scum team, as if Pyro turns out town, Coron can use it as an argument for supporting JamesThePhox.

All in all, I don't have strong opinion on anything so far.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Near wrote:
Guardian wrote:Near, to clarify, Phox is your #1 target, but the evidence on him is so shaky you don't want to see him lynched?
To clarify, I find Phox is scummy but the evidence on him is not enough to want to lynch him on Day 1 unless we must lynch someone due to deadline constraints.
You do know we have to lynch someone on day 1, right?

The town really shouldn't be waiting for the deadline to lynch someone, and scum tells on day 1 are never 100% solid, you shouldn't expect that. Or are you hoping someone will come out and claim scum or something?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:23 pm

Post by Claus »

The Sun is high over the sky, as half the day is already gone. The villagers of Montescuro angrily demand from Near an explanation to the grisly events.

(In other words, 2 weeks gone, two more weeks to the deadline. At the deadline, 4 votes will be enough to lynch)

Vote Count!

Near 5 - Singing Librarian, Macavenger, Joudas, Dasquian, EvilGorrilaz
JamesthePhox 3 - Sensfan, Yosarian2, Near
PyroDwarf 2 - Coron, Guardian
Guardian 1 - Pyrodwarf

Not voting:

JamesThePhox

With 12 people alive and kicking, it takes 7 votes to lynch![/quote]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:25 pm

Post by Guardian »

Near, strong weak whatever, you have a week to convince people that there's someone out there more worthy of being lynched than you. If you don't try and do that, you *will* be lynched.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:26 pm

Post by Guardian »

I find it likely that Near's scum at this point. I'd vote but I don't like people claiming unless they are to be lynched in absence of a compelling claimg; claims are not a scum hunting tool.
Do not lynch me.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:09 pm

Post by Dasquian »

I see no reason to take my vote off of Near.

Near, we're going to lynch someone today. Currently it looks like you. If you're pro-town, letting this happen will do the town a disservice, so why shouldn't we lynch you?

This is why we
should
lynch you: you are non-committal to the point of insult, which is a scum-tell, as trying to get someone you know to be innocent lynched as scum is pretty scary. Also, you're prone to extreme lurking while being active on the site, giving excuses about the game not having enough going on - sorry, but you getting bandwagonned is something you can definitely comment about sooner than L-2.

You say that "not posting a lot" isn't a very good case. You're right, it's not, but when you're avoiding the spotlight like you have been, you're avoiding the opportunity to give the town a better case, which is beneficial to scum and hence is anti-town.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:46 pm

Post by Near »

Dasquian wrote:I see no reason to take my vote off of Near.

Near, we're going to lynch someone today. Currently it looks like you. If you're pro-town, letting this happen will do the town a disservice, so why shouldn't we lynch you?

This is why we
should
lynch you: you are non-committal to the point of insult, which is a scum-tell, as trying to get someone you know to be innocent lynched as scum is pretty scary. Also, you're prone to extreme lurking while being active on the site, giving excuses about the game not having enough going on - sorry, but you getting bandwagonned is something you can definitely comment about sooner than L-2.

You say that "not posting a lot" isn't a very good case. You're right, it's not, but when you're avoiding the spotlight like you have been, you're avoiding the opportunity to give the town a better case, which is beneficial to scum and hence is anti-town.
Good, fair post. I will do a re-read tomorrow and see if I can come up with something different. But it's hard to make stuff up if I can't find anything.

But I do apologize if you felt that I'm neglecting this game to the "point of insult". Whether or not I am lynched, I will try harder to defend myself.

On that note, I can't imagine a scum coming up with a post like this.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:50 pm

Post by Dasquian »

"To the point of insult" might have been a little excessive on the reread, so my apologies for that. But, you know, you're pretty non-committal!

As for making stuff up... the only people who have to make cases up are scum. The rest of the town
know
there are bad guys out there, it's just a case of allocating the two/three-person's worth of blame that's sloshing around :)
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:31 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Just checking in from the prod. Will post in a couple days, this week's been hell.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”