Newbie 588 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
The World No.1 Noob
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:20 pm

Post by The World No.1 Noob »

o, sry
marksiqiwang
王嗣其
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:55 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Mafiamurkrow wrote:Huh...erm,
vote: no lynch.
I have no leads and no idea otherwise, so I can't really lynch anyone.
Mafia, this vote doesn't count since you didn't unvote first, although it doesn't matter at this point. Sorry I missed the hammer vote yesterday when I looked at the thread. - Vel :oops:

Final Day 1 Vote Count

Cat_Killer - 2 (Abstract Actuary, Mafiamurkrow)
Mafiamurkrow - 5 (rolandofthewhite, goborage, Grum, camisade, The World No.1 Noob)

Not Voting - 2 (Cat_Killer, Dave)

5 to Lynch
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:06 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

"You call that a defense? That's the biggest load of nonsense I've ever heard!", exclaimed Abstract Actuary. The mumbles of consent from the rest of the Council members told Mafiamurkrow that he was indeed in trouble.

"But I'm...", begins Mafia. However, his statement goes unfinished as the chair is kicked out from under him by The World No.1 Noob. A bit hasty? Perhaps. Let's see what's in his pockets first.

Council ID card, bus pass, tickets to the opera...nope, nothing here that indicates scum. Oh well, I guess there's always tomorrow!

Mafiamurkrow
Townie
, Lynched Day 1

Night has begun. Those of you with night actions must submit your choices by Saturday, April 12th.

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:18 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Strange things are happening in your sleepy little town. You all arrive at the Town Council hall, and notice that no one is missing! Strange indeed...

Day 2 has begun. With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Dave
Dave
Townie
Dave
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:03 am

Post by Dave »

Awesome
Dave Has Gone; he won't be returning either.
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon
Location: Moe's Tavern Occupation: Bartender, Part-time Scumhunter

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:19 am

Post by goborage »

These two are the most suspicious in my eyes:

camisade - sends mafiamurkrow to -1, "I agree. Or just lynch her because I've gotten sick of her BS." Seems to be pushing for a quick-lynch.

The World No.1 Noob - hammers mafiamurkrow without allowing a role-claim. Claims townie even though he isn't the one under suspicion - over-defensive.

About the no nightkill: Are mafia obliged to kill someone nightly or should we assume that a doctor miraculously saved a townie?
Well if you're so sure what it ain't, how about tellin' us what it am!
camisade
camisade
Goon
camisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:26 am

Post by camisade »

goborage wrote:These two are the most suspicious in my eyes:

camisade - sends mafiamurkrow to -1, "I agree. Or just lynch her because I've gotten sick of her BS." Seems to be pushing for a quick-lynch.

The World No.1 Noob - hammers mafiamurkrow without allowing a role-claim. Claims townie even though he isn't the one under suspicion - over-defensive.

About the no nightkill: Are mafia obliged to kill someone nightly or should we assume that a doctor miraculously saved a townie?
We didn't get anything relevant out of her ever, even when she was at L-1. All she posted was BS. Why sign up if you're not going to play the game?

No nightkill: I've read a game before where a lone Mafia claimed doctor and chose to forgo night killing and bluffed by saying that he protected someone. So I'm guessing Mafia is allowed to do that, but maybe it varies from mod to mod. I'm not sure
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:08 am

Post by goborage »

Abstract Actuary wrote:Based on these two posts it looks like Mafia Murkrow is at L-1.
Mod wrote:
Official Vote Count

camisade - 1 (Dave)
Mafiamurkrow - 3 (rolandofthewhite, goborage, Grum)

Not Voting - 3 (camisade, Cat_Killer, The World No.1 Noob)

5 to Lynch
camisade wrote:
Mafiamurkrow wrote:AW BLEH. -has mysteriously disappeared for a while due to busynessism- I'm sorry for poofing. D=
Ugh. Do you not have anything to say besides that?

vote: Mafiamurkrow
And at least one person who thinks he's suspicious enough to add the hammer.
Cat_Killer wrote:Mafiamurkrow seems scummy to me. See:
Mafiamurkrow wrote:
camisade wrote:
Mafiamurkrow wrote:
Unvote.

And...

Vote: Cat-Killer.
Why did you do this? You should probably post reasons when you vote, because if you don't it seems suspicious.
Okay, here's my reason.

First, I voted no lynch because I didn't really suspect anybody. But then...I thought it over and voted CK. Sorry, Cat-Killer.
That's... not a reason. Failing to adequitely explain his motives.
goborage wrote: And why did you vote Cat-Killer?
Mafiamurkrow wrote:Does it really matter? Besides, whoever I vote might get other people to vote for them too. And really, no need to know EVERYTHING...
Again, continuously avoiding the question. Add that to the terminal lurking and I think it's scummy.

I'm holding off my vote becuase that would put him on L-1, however, unless something changes my mind, I WILL be voting for him.

FOS: Mafiamurkrow
And all Mafiamurkrow has to say is . . .
Seems like it could be scum saying "I'm not going to name any names as to avoid leaving any more trail." Anyway, I think it's time to get a role claim from Mafiamurkrow.
I think this post is suspicious. It's in the guise of someone trying to prevent a quick-lynch. But what AA is doing is summing up all the "scummy" actions that Mafiamurkrow has made and making a case to lynch.

AA distances himself from the lynching by not actually voting for her. After all, throwing a hammer would make one look suspicious. However AA indirectly causes the lynch by convincing #1 Newb.

My question is why are you so gung-ho on making Mafiamurkrow look suspicious if you're voting for Cat-killer? Is Cat-killer not the most suspicious person on your list? Why didn't you make a summary of Cat's scummy actions?
The World No.1 Noob
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:18 am

zomg we lynched a townie and its mostly my fault,
I thought he was asking me for a role claim, cos my post was right above his.
marksiqiwang
王嗣其
The World No.1 Noob
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:26 am

No nightkill: I've read a game before where a lone Mafia claimed doctor and chose to forgo night killing and bluffed by saying that he protected someone. So I'm guessing Mafia is allowed to do that, but maybe it varies from mod to mod. I'm not sure
How would that work? wouldn't the real doctor claim that he's doctor too? and so the town would lynch one of them and if that person isn't mafia then the next round mafia would get lynched.
marksiqiwang
王嗣其
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:39 am

Post by rolandofthewhite »

There isn't necessarily a doctor in the game, No.1. I think the C9 setup allows that their could be a cop, a doctor, both, or neither.
Correct. See the Roles post (3rd post on page 1) - Vel

My main objects of suspicion are camisade and Grum. I guess throw Dave in just because I don't have enough on him one way or the other. I'll reread tonight and try to get a better idea of who's who.
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by Grum »

lol i'm going to assume your suspicious of me cuz i was suspicious of you... thats fair but why(do i talk to much?) and what about camisade and dave... well it seems dave is a little quiet... thats not really a reason to cause any suspicion though but to be safe keep an eye out for lurking. camisade seems a little upset about noobs and-- wait i am a noob... uhh camisade i didn't say anything lol...
#1 noob I'd say its a doctor in this game and they won't talk out now because thats just a targeting system for the mafia to kill him/her it just screams kill me doesn't it?
so my conclusion is #1 noob is exactly as him name states he is... the #1 noob here... no offense.
At all times I are confusing... Is my hobby..
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:45 pm

Post by goborage »

I think there's some confusion with No. 1's post. He's replying to Camisade's example, not our game. The game Camisade is talking about probably didn't have defined roles which allowed for the false-claim mafia.

It's doubtful that they would but just to be sure:
Mod: can the mafia choose not to NK?
Yes, of course they may - Vel

@roland: Can you explain why camisade, Grum, and Dave are at the top of your list?
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:03 pm

Post by rolandofthewhite »

gorborage wrote:@roland: Can you explain why camisade, Grum, and Dave are at the top of your list?
This is still pre-re-reading, so my opinions on all of this may change once I go back through.

camisade - He pointed out that Mafiamurkow wasn't helping catch Mafia, and used that as his reasoning for lynching. But we aren't trying to lynch players who aren't good at catching Mafia (because all the Mafia have to do is participate and pay attention and they'd probably seem good at what they're doing). Rather, we should be focusing on catching
Mafia
. Then again, I can see where the frustration comes from.

Dave - He seems to be popping in when he's needed and then disappearing. Also, a really exuberant reaction (e.g. "Awesome") to something that is beneficial to the town (such as a Mafia lynch or no kill at night) is sometimes an example of Mafia trying to act like townspeople, especially among new people who don't know any better. Then again, he wasn't on the Mafiamurkrow wagon (or any wagon), which makes me wonder if he's trying to fade into the background.

Grum - Not suspicious of him because he was suspicious of me. There's just a certain something I can't quite put my finger on. Hopefully when I re-read I can figure it out.
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
Abstract Actuary
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:08 am

Post by Abstract Actuary »

goborage wrote:
Abstract Actuary wrote:Based on these two posts it looks like Mafia Murkrow is at L-1.
Mod wrote:
Official Vote Count

camisade - 1 (Dave)
Mafiamurkrow - 3 (rolandofthewhite, goborage, Grum)

Not Voting - 3 (camisade, Cat_Killer, The World No.1 Noob)

5 to Lynch
camisade wrote:
Mafiamurkrow wrote:AW BLEH. -has mysteriously disappeared for a while due to busynessism- I'm sorry for poofing. D=
Ugh. Do you not have anything to say besides that?

vote: Mafiamurkrow
And at least one person who thinks he's suspicious enough to add the hammer.
Cat_Killer wrote:Mafiamurkrow seems scummy to me. See:
Mafiamurkrow wrote:
camisade wrote:
Mafiamurkrow wrote:
Unvote.

And...

Vote: Cat-Killer.
Why did you do this? You should probably post reasons when you vote, because if you don't it seems suspicious.
Okay, here's my reason.

First, I voted no lynch because I didn't really suspect anybody. But then...I thought it over and voted CK. Sorry, Cat-Killer.
That's... not a reason. Failing to adequitely explain his motives.
goborage wrote: And why did you vote Cat-Killer?
Mafiamurkrow wrote:Does it really matter? Besides, whoever I vote might get other people to vote for them too. And really, no need to know EVERYTHING...
Again, continuously avoiding the question. Add that to the terminal lurking and I think it's scummy.

I'm holding off my vote becuase that would put him on L-1, however, unless something changes my mind, I WILL be voting for him.

FOS: Mafiamurkrow
And all Mafiamurkrow has to say is . . .
Seems like it could be scum saying "I'm not going to name any names as to avoid leaving any more trail." Anyway, I think it's time to get a role claim from Mafiamurkrow.
I think this post is suspicious. It's in the guise of someone trying to prevent a quick-lynch. But what AA is doing is summing up all the "scummy" actions that Mafiamurkrow has made and making a case to lynch.

AA distances himself from the lynching by not actually voting for her. After all, throwing a hammer would make one look suspicious. However AA indirectly causes the lynch by convincing #1 Newb.

My question is why are you so gung-ho on making Mafiamurkrow look suspicious if you're voting for Cat-killer? Is Cat-killer not the most suspicious person on your list? Why didn't you make a summary of Cat's scummy actions?
This is a horrible misrepresentation of my post and it seems you missed the point just like Noob and Murkrow did.

I didn't sum up any case against Mafiamurkrow. I quoted the vote count, then the vote that put her at L-1, then a subsequent FoS (potential hammer), then a post by Mafiamurkrow in the middle that shows she didn't understand the situation. The purpose was to alert everyone of the situation. Since the L-1 vote had happened, no one even seemed to notice. No one mentioned it and that is a dangerous situation to be in. So I wanted to make everyone aware of the situation - especially Mafiamurkrow and any potential hammers. The reason I did it is clearly stated in the post. Essentially, slow down, here's the situation and no one hammer before we get a role claim from Mafiamurkrow; Mafiamurkrow, claim you role.

At that point I didn't have any suspicions on anyone that were good enough to lynch. Cat_Killer had acted the scummiest to me based on her page one play - which I've already stated. It seemed newb scum, but just as easily could have been newb town. Mafiamurkrow had acted strangely, but nothing to make me think she was scum.
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:27 am

Post by goborage »

I think a simple "Mafiamurkrow is at -1, make a rolecall please" would have sufficed. Instead you quote a giant wall of text of people accusing Mafiamurkrow. Besides that, your defense works up to this point: "Seems like it could be scum saying "I'm not going to name any names as to avoid leaving any more trail." This is finger-pointing, an attempt to make Mafiamurkrow look scummy.

You then go on to say "Mafiamurkrow had acted strangely, but nothing to make me think she was scum." This quote applies again: "Seems like it could be scum saying "I'm not going to name any names as to avoid leaving any more trail." This quote proves that you thought what Mafiamurkrow was doing was scummy.

FOS: Abstract Actuary
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:52 am

Post by Grum »

I don't know that just seems like hes being a valuable player to me. while it does set up murkrow to be on defensive, it is seemingly an effective way to get people to talk... if he throws accusations out there at random (not naming anyone rolandofthewhite...). my current thought is that abstract is really the most valuable player at the moment, calm and collect.

also i have to say your comment is rather funny...
This is finger-pointing, an attempt to make Mafiamurkrow look scummy.
followed in the same post by:
fingers everywhere!!
Abstract Actuary
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:03 am

Post by Abstract Actuary »

goborage wrote:I think a simple "Mafiamurkrow is at -1, make a rolecall please" would have sufficed. Instead you quote a giant wall of text of people accusing Mafiamurkrow. Besides that, your defense works up to this point: "Seems like it could be scum saying "I'm not going to name any names as to avoid leaving any more trail." This is finger-pointing, an attempt to make Mafiamurkrow look scummy.

You then go on to say "Mafiamurkrow had acted strangely, but nothing to make me think she was scum." This quote applies again: "Seems like it could be scum saying "I'm not going to name any names as to avoid leaving any more trail." This quote proves that you thought what Mafiamurkrow was doing was scummy.

I said it "could be." I didn't say it was scummy. It's not inherently scummy to make that statement, but scum could benefit from it. There is a difference.

I could have made my post simpler, but it appeared to me that everyone had missed what had occurred (MM to L-1) and I wanted to make it clear what happened.
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:41 am

Post by goborage »

I said it "could be." I didn't say it was scummy. It's not inherently scummy to make that statement, but scum could benefit from it. There is a difference.
I'm still not convinced and I don't the words "could be" absolve you from anything. This quote: "Seems like it could be scum saying 'I'm not going to name any names as to avoid leaving any more trail'" is too pro-lynch in my eyes.

vote: Abstract Actuary

Anyways has anyone given any thought to the setup? I'm going to assume we have a doctor as I can't see why mafia would choose not to NK.

* 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
* 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies
* 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
* 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies

So I'm guessing either 1 or 4.
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:21 am

Post by Grum »

what about 2 goons, sane doc, sane cop, 5 town?
thats my guess...
The World No.1 Noob
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:31 pm

#1 noob I'd say its a doctor in this game and they won't talk out now because thats just a targeting system for the mafia to kill him/her it just screams kill me doesn't it?
but the aim of the game isn't to not get killed, its to lynch the mafia and you'll win if the town lynches the mafia whether you're dead or alive, so if you've contradicted the mafia on being the doctor and you get killed whether by mafia or by lynch the and you're revealed as doctor then everyone will know who ever claimed to be doctor was lying and obviously the mafia. And plus if you make a contradictory with a mafia on who's doctor then it won't be likely for you to get killed by mafia because either you or the mafia will be lynched, if you get lynched first then its the doctor for 1 mafia (is this worth it? I'm not sure I am noob like you said lol but I do like to believe I have logical reasoning), but if the mafia gets lynched first then you can save yourself at night.

o and btw whats a mafia roleblocker?
marksiqiwang
王嗣其
The World No.1 Noob
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:33 pm

o and btw again why is it sane doc and sane cop? are there insane doc and insave cops?
marksiqiwang
王嗣其
Cat_Killer
Cat_Killer
Townie
Cat_Killer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:59 pm

Post by Cat_Killer »

Goin on holiday today!
Going on holiday from the 12th to the 18th of April. It's Mai Birthday!
Dave
Dave
Townie
Dave
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:03 am

Post by Dave »

rolandofthewhite wrote: Dave - He seems to be popping in when he's needed and then disappearing. Also, a really exuberant reaction (e.g. "Awesome") to something that is beneficial to the town (such as a Mafia lynch or no kill at night) is sometimes an example of Mafia trying to act like townspeople, especially among new people who don't know any better. Then again, he wasn't on the Mafiamurkrow wagon (or any wagon), which makes me wonder if he's trying to fade into the background.
This is one of the first mafia games I have played, and would quite like to win, so I suppose I got a little excited :oops:

A mafia roleblocker is someone that can send a name to the mod each night, and the person that they choose gets blocked and cannot perform there night action. Wiki Definition
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:55 am

Post by goborage »

#1noob wrote: but the aim of the game isn't to not get killed, its to lynch the mafia and you'll win if the town lynches the mafia whether you're dead or alive, so if you've contradicted the mafia on being the doctor and you get killed whether by mafia or by lynch the and you're revealed as doctor then everyone will know who ever claimed to be doctor was lying and obviously the mafia. And plus if you make a contradictory with a mafia on who's doctor then it won't be likely for you to get killed by mafia because either you or the mafia will be lynched, if you get lynched first then its the doctor for 1 mafia (is this worth it? I'm not sure I am noob like you said lol but I do like to believe I have logical reasoning), but if the mafia gets lynched first then you can save yourself at night.
I don't understand what you are saying. Can you explain this please?
#1noob wrote: o and btw again why is it sane doc and sane cop? are there insane doc and insave cops?
Sane cops and docs will carry out their tasks 100% unless a roleblocker stops them. Insane cops and docs have a chance of screwing up their task.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”