Mafia 75: Return of the Mafia! TOWN WINS (really late)

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:21 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Yeh because miller hider is such a devastingly useful town role, the scum will come after you the second you say you aren't hiding on a night.

No you're not confirmed innocent if Rosso is town.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:22 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I think the chance is something more like ~90% scum killed F, and doc saved.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

WhoMe? wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: Whome, please answer the same question i posed to Andycyca.

BM
Easy answer, there was a NK last night, Lloyd was shotgunned, but I assume you mean why was there no scum NK last night so

1. Scum chose not to target anyone to mess with our heads - I don't see this as being likely, doesn't offer much advantage to scum so lets say 5%

2. Scum targeted someone who was doc protected - say 30% requires doctor and scum to target same person

3. scum trigger man was roleblocked say 60% only requires roleblocker to correctly get
4. scum tried to kill you but you were hiding - i see this as unlikely as it assumes a) you're telling the truth, and b) the scum would come after you, which I also see as unlikely as you were firmly on the town radar. lets say 5%

The %'s are pretty much pulled out my ass, but the scenarios are the only ones that I can come up with
lol u think a RB is more likely than a doc protect with 2 claimed power roles? You are kidding me right!? 0.o

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:25 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Xtoxm wrote:Yeh because miller hider is such a devastingly useful town role, the scum will come after you the second you say you aren't hiding on a night.

No you're not confirmed innocent if Rosso is town.
i admit i rofl'd :lol:

I am confirmed non-mafia. thats a pretty sound start.

Xtoxm- Whome has taken a stab at the question. I wonder if you can think of any scenario he has missed? :P
Show

Nightkilled - 10

WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:25 am

Post by WhoMe? »

Xtoxm wrote:I think the chance is something more like ~90% scum killed F, and doc saved.
Possibly. The scum may be confident enough they're not on the radar, and the vig is just going to benefit them that they left her alone. But I take your point on board make it 60% doc save and 30% RB for last night in my pulled out of ass %'s
Show
As Town: 3/8
As Scum: 3/4

Survived/Lynched/Nked/Other:

3/7/2/0
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:36 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Altough...Now I think about it...It's possible they didn't go for...They did know it was either me or Lloyd, who I now know both to be town. Perhaps they were confident of being to lead her kills, and thought a doc might screw it up if they tried. But were I scum in that position I think i'd still like to off the claimed vig. But maybe lower the estimation to like 60/70% or so.

BM you ain't confirmed so stop saying it.
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:38 am

Post by WhoMe? »

Xtoxm wrote: BM you ain't confirmed so stop saying it.
He is right in saying that if Roso comes up Cult Cop, then BM can't be Mafia, but he could be cult or miller. which <> confirmed town by a long chalk.
Show

3/7/2/0
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:42 am

Post by Xtoxm »

BM - So why no NK. Until a few moments ago I had been assuming it was doc protection on farside...Made it pretty clear. But after a little thought there could be other possibilties, such as suggested RB. The chance that your potential being hidden was the cause is slim enough to be discarded. There is no reason (imo) to kill you, there are better power roles to fish in the dark for, and it was "agreed" essentially yesterday by a number of players that you were not survivng to the end game.

An RB is possible...He probably wouldn't have claimed because of chance of doc protect being the cause etc. So that's still there, but relativley low...And presumably, scum would have chosen their least suspected member to do the kill. So I reckon that's a pretty low chance.

No kill - That is nonesense imo, slim enough to be discarded.

Off the top of my head, other kill preventative reasons don't come to mind.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:45 am

Post by Xtoxm »

WhoMe? wrote:
He is right in saying that if Roso comes up Cult Cop, then BM can't be Mafia, but he could be cult or miller. which <> confirmed town by a long chalk.
That's a good point. Hadn't thought of that. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it I guess, if Rosso turns up town.

I've jsut realised I see where BM is coming from. Unless this is some intircate plan to make BM look innocent, it looks like he's not mafia.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:48 am

Post by Battle Mage »

WhoMe? wrote:
hardly. we may not even have a cult. if we do, there is only 1. the odds of it being me are hardly great. :P

I'm still waiting for the 'correct' answer as to why there might not have been an NK last night.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:51 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Unvote Vote: Rosso Carne
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:54 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Battle Mage wrote:
WhoMe? wrote:
hardly. we may not even have a cult. if we do, there is only 1. the odds of it being me are hardly great. :P

I'm still waiting for the 'correct' answer as to why there might not have been an NK last night.

BM
And what are we missing, O great one?
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:57 am

Post by WhoMe? »

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]
Unvote Vote: Rosso Carne
[/quote]

I this a hammer I see before me it's handle pointing towards my hand?
Show

3/7/2/0
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:59 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Yeh, that's the hammer, finally ;)
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:00 am

Post by Xtoxm »

NK Immune role. Had that once. In a theme. Think it's pretty unlikely here.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:02 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Communter. Don't know how often they are used here, but I think it's pretty unlikely again. I reckon doc is the answer to that mystery.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:20 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Final Day 2 Vote Count

Rosso Carne- 13 (armlx, WhoMe?, Toaster Strudel, Peers, jackalbane, Matt_S, Nemesis, Xtoxm, dahill1, Andycyca, animorpherv1, Battle Mage, KaleiÐoscøpe)

WhoMe?- 1 (TheSweatpantsNinja)

Not Voting- 11 (andersonw, curiouskarmadog, farside22, Imat, KaleiÐoscøpe, killa seven, RossWilliam, Skitzer, thenextepisode, UnofficialRulerOfEveryone, VanDamien)

As soon as the body of Lloyd had been buried, and the whole of the town had gathered into the Town Square, Rosso Carne climbed onto the steps of the gallows, and said he had an announcement to make, he cleared his throat, and said:

"I have been sent here by a very secret government organisation with reports of very dangerous Cult Activity in the area, that must be stamped out immediatly. I have reason to believe one of your number is invloved in these activities." He points dramatically to Battle Mage, "that man must be executed today as he is a member of these aforementioned cults."

When a number of people pointed out that Battle Mage was working for the good of the town despite saying the police found him a shifty charachter, Rosso simply said "I don't believe him, he is evil"

The overwhelming reply was "Well we don't believe you Rosso", and he soon realised what a mistake climbing the gallow steps were, a large lynch mod quickly drove him to the edge of the scaffold. He tried to escape by jumping off the edge, but unfortunatly, he sprained his ankle upon landing after a fairly big fall. The mob descended on him, and soon all that was left was a bloody mess of flesh and bone.

His body was searched, and one of the town members managed to extract a bent and bloodied ID card from inside his coat pocket. It read "Rosso Carne, Senior Agent of the Italian Agency of Internal Security". And it soon became apparent the town had made a big mistake...

Rosso Carne, Cult Cop, Lynched Day 2

It is now Night 2, deadline for Night choices is Monday 21st April.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:45 am

Post by JordanA24 »

jackalbane is being replaced for failing to pick up his prod after 3 days.

Tarhalindur replaces RossWilliam, welcome back Tar! :)

JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:07 am

Post by JordanA24 »

The sun rose again, girding its loins for another blisteringly hot day above this small town. No-one had bothered to bury Rosso after yesterday, considering the mess his body was in. It was starting to rot and decay, and the smell was becoming unbearable and so one unfortunate member of the town was given the job of shovelling the remains into a small shallow grave.

3 more bodies were soon to join him 6 feet under.

The first was found in the street, poor old
Nemesis
never even got to his front door that night, a barrage of bullets prevented that. The unfortunate
townie
was quickly laid to rest.

Xtoxm
was found not much later, blood splattering his living room floor, a shotgun bullet had gone straight through his window and penetrated his skull, ending this simple
townie's
life instantly.

The final body had much less blood surrounding it, but
animopherv1
was still as stone cold dead as the other two victims of the night. The cause of his death was a mystery, until a huge amount of the chemical compound like the one used in local Rat Poisons was found in his system. A more important mystery however were the past intentions of the deceased, and a quick search of his house soon gave up his mysteries. A number of very high quality suits, a few high-power assault rifles here and there and, most importantly, a lineage chart showing him to be the direct descendant of the leader of the thugs who infiltrated this town all those years ago. The town rejoices, as the
Mafia Godfather
has perished!

Nemesis, Townie, Shot Night 2
Xtoxm, Townie, Shotgunned Night 2

animopherv1, Mafia Godfather, Poisoned Night 2
Last edited by JordanA24 on Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:08 am

Post by JordanA24 »

It is now Day 3, with 21 alive, it's 11 to lynch.

Good luck!

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:12 am

Post by armlx »

Poison death is quite interesting if it is what I think it is.

Anyways, back to where we were.

Vote Whome
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:25 am

Post by Andycyca »

What exactly are you thinking of?
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:28 am

Post by armlx »

Andycyca wrote:What exactly are you thinking of?
Well, the only group I have ever seen poison in a normal game is cult, and it would imply that after the death of the leader the lone recruit gained killing powers. I'm assuming the delayed effects of the recruit meant they just became one yesterday, so that would explain the lack of poison kill all other nights too.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:31 am

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote:Poison death is quite interesting if it is what I think it is.

Anyways, back to where we were.

Vote Whome
Hmm
FoS: Armlx

What DO you think it is?

Also, whats with the Whome-vote?

I'll reveal my thoughts on the new kill method after Armlx has explained himself. Otherwise, the scum kill method is interesting. Not only did they apparently take note of my suggestion that Nemesis was the RB, but they also decided to intentionally allow Farside to live. Now whether that was through fear of a Doc remains to be seen, but as far as i can tell, it seems unlikely that the mafia would know there even is one. My guess is, as long as none of their members is in danger, they are allowing the Vig to live. To this end, i suggest we no longer discuss potential vig choices at the end of the day (i know this is different to what i said before, but we live and learn). Now as the vig choice last night was pretty much out of Whome? and Xtoxm, the fact that they didnt take a pop at Farside speaks volumes about Whome?.
This coupled with his behaviour at the end of yesterday make me think he is probably town, and a VERY bad play for today-hence my dislike of Armlx's opening vote.

Finally, with 3 of my high suspects dead, its time for a closer look at some other players, once we've all checked in.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:32 am

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote:
Andycyca wrote:What exactly are you thinking of?
Well, the only group I have ever seen poison in a normal game is cult, and it would imply that after the death of the leader the lone recruit gained killing powers. I'm assuming the delayed effects of the recruit meant they just became one yesterday, so that would explain the lack of poison kill all other nights too.
yeh that would seem like a reasonable conclusion. Can we have some links to those games where poison is the mark of a cult?

Cheers,
BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”