Mafia 75: Return of the Mafia! TOWN WINS (really late)

TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:58 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

BM wrote: That quote was by me, not Matt himself.
Furthermore, your point might be right. On the other hand, it could just be that you DIDN'T have that read on RC, and just knew he was town.
Oops. The guy's been on my mind. Anyway, of course its possible that I was scum with some extra information. But matt's telling me that even if I am town, I just got lucky, and as I am town, and don't feel like I got lucky at all, I'm slightly annoyed by that.

And, y'know, he's scum. There's that.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Toaster Strudel wrote:Maybe I take your rhetoric too seriously.

You said you wanted to pressure CKD, but called VD a filthy scumbag. I thought that meant you thought VD was scummier than CKD, so I wondered why you weren't voting him.
ah i see. yeh i think i recall you doing something like this before. And regardless of the lack of absolute meaning given in my wording, im surprised at the confusion. I mean, if i want to pressure CKD, i want to pressure CKD. I dont do that if i vote VanDamien now, do i? :P

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:44 am

Post by Matt_S »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Your first point is incorrect. I didn't give up. And even if I had, it was pretty clear that RC was going to get lynched, so, what if I had? And even if that wasn't the case, why would that make me scum?
Oh wow, I'm incorrect? Your evidence is compelling. You said you were moving on. Do I need to define "moving on" for you? When you say you think someone is town, but you're moving on, is there any interpretation other than "I'm not going to stop this wagon"? If you believed Rosso was town, why didn't you try to defend him until the end instead of moving on to vig candidates? And I'll say it again: You were occupying an ambiguous stance so you could always be partly right. If Rosso had turned up scum, you could get away with saying "good job" since you were going to stop defending him, and if you were town you could say "I was right" (which you did say). A townie would have no reason to do such a thing. Scum would have plenty of reasons to not be caught on the wrong side of a wagon.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:And an argument of "scum have no reason to behave this way" is actually sort of more than little.
Except we already showed that Rosso had no idea what he was doing. You could make the exact argument of "town have no reason to behave this way".
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:50 am

Post by Battle Mage »

I cant deny im enjoying watching the newbie outwit the pro.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by armlx »

Who is the newbie and who is the pro?
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

1589 Ninja makes a statement that I didn’t like.

Ani votes (or tries to) in post 1592 without content.

I unvote post 1599 not liking the votes and statements on the page.

1600, BM doesn’t like my post.

1612, I post one reason why I have a problem with the RC wagon.

1648, Ani actually votes again without content.

1649, I attack Ani for his contentless vote.

--should be noted that BM did not attack me once I started attacking Ani (I thought he did)

1660, BM
Battle Mage wrote:
If Rosso comes up town, we have plenty of distancers to look at tomorrow.

Vote: Rosso

This is an attempt to set up lynch targets today….Today he starts off with (1748)
Battle Mage wrote:
Finally, with 3 of my high suspects dead, its time for a closer look at some other players, once we've all checked in.
even though he never stated he was suspicious of Ani yesterday.

1774, I ask him about this.

I must have spooked him because he immediately voted me once he read my comment, 1784.

BM's panic and frenzy OMGUS voting is troubling.

However, I just dont think that mafia would have claimed miller day 1...it just fucking doesnt make any sense. I could have believed he was lying (maybe) if the SK was still around, but again...it would be a bad play IMO. Now that RC is confirmed the cult cop, BM is not mafia and is not worth a lynch. Could he be cult and/or posioner?..dont know.
armlx wrote:
Why doesn't BM just hide tonight and Farside gun him down? If he was recruited I doubt he can still hide, so he will die. If he doesn't die, he's not cult.
I approve of this action...if he dies he is cult of some sort....if he hides and lives, then he is confirmed in my mind. A BM lynch does not make sense today.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by Peers »

Matt_S wrote: You could make the exact argument of "town have no reason to behave this way".
One could argue none of us have reasons to act the way we're acting. But then one would be wrong.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:49 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote:Who is the newbie and who is the pro?
Newbie= Matt S
Pro= TSPN

I always kinda think of TSPN as more experienced than he actually is. He is wise beyond his years, that one. :P
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:55 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

curiouskarmadog wrote: 1660, BM
Battle Mage wrote:
If Rosso comes up town, we have plenty of distancers to look at tomorrow.

Vote: Rosso

This is an attempt to set up lynch targets today….Today he starts off with (1748)
Battle Mage wrote:
Finally, with 3 of my high suspects dead, its time for a closer look at some other players, once we've all checked in.
even though he never stated he was suspicious of Ani yesterday.
As Cult, what would i have to gain by claiming to suspect the Mafia GF? Its not like i need to distance from the lynch in any case. Besides, on the assumption that the Poison kill is a cult kill, i'd have been the one who killed Ani! :P
CKD wrote: 1774, I ask him about this.

I must have spooked him because he immediately voted me once he read my comment, 1784.

BM's panic and frenzy OMGUS voting is troubling.
Dont flatter yourself. I believe ive already stated that my voting may seem erratic in this game, because im rereading regularly, and seeing where my past suspicions lie is easier when ive got bolded votes quoting the scummiest posts.
CKD wrote:
armlx wrote:
Why doesn't BM just hide tonight and Farside gun him down? If he was recruited I doubt he can still hide, so he will die. If he doesn't die, he's not cult.
I approve of this action...if he dies he is cult of some sort....if he hides and lives, then he is confirmed in my mind. A BM lynch does not make sense today.
I dont think this plan is going to happen today at least. Its pretty wasteful, so its better to leave it until closer to endgame, as its possible ill have been NKed by then anyway.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:03 pm

Matt_S wrote: When you say you think someone is town, but you're moving on, is there any interpretation other than "I'm not going to stop this wagon"?
Well, vig and lynch candidates were both important things to be discussed, so by "moving on," I meant "I am going to stop beating the dead horse of RC-town, because you all know my position, and you disagree." You might notice that I still continued to argue why RC was town for the rest of the day. Also, I was occupying a slightly ambiguous stance because, unlike some, I didn't know for sure whether RC was town.
Matt_S wrote: And I'll say it again: You were occupying an ambiguous stance so you could always be partly right.
As scum, wouldn't I know whether or not I was right? Isn't that what you were arguing? That my arguments sucked, so I must be scum because no townie could think like I did? So, which is it? Did I know RC was town or didn't I?
Matt_S wrote: Except we already showed that Rosso had no idea what he was doing. You could make the exact argument of "town have no reason to behave this way".
Indeed you might. You'd be wrong, because RC's play fit perfectly into the profile of a townie who wasn't paying attention, but you might. And even if that were true, if RC's play made no sense as town or scum, you(they, we) shouldn't have lynched someone strictly on the basis of irrational play. You might as well lynch every absent player, or every VI.
BM wrote: I cant deny im enjoying watching the newbie outwit the pro.
Aw, a backhanded compliment! You're too kind.

Armlx's vig test makes sense, although I'm not sure using a vig on someone we definitely know is not in one group just to test the possibility that he's in the other.*

Discussing the vig target should in no way be interpreted as giving up on lynch targets.
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:04 pm

Post by WhoMe? »

who's to say we will still have a vig closer to endgame? I agree with the plan for confirming you sooner rather than later.
Show
As Town: 3/8
As Scum: 3/4

Survived/Lynched/Nked/Other:

3/7/2/0
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:05 pm

Is a good idea. Not sure using a vig on someone we definitely know is not in one group just to test the possibility that he's in the other is a good idea.
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:11 pm

Post by WhoMe? »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Is a good idea. Not sure using a vig on someone we definitely know is not in one group just to test the possibility that he's in the other is a good idea.
I think it's a good idea, as a confirmed townie BM will be invaluable. We will know not to lynch him, and his hiding ability will make it more difficult for scum groups with a NK to kill him. If on the other hand he is actually cult, then the vig kill will go through and we're downa scum. I don't see much of a downside here. If Farside had a solid lock on an actual scum, then I would say, sure, kill them first, but rather than risking offing another townie, confirming BM is a good choice.
Show

3/7/2/0
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:15 pm

A confirmed BM will be dead, as he can't hide consecutive days.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:23 pm

Also, I think there's a good chance armlx is scum. So far today, he's directed the vig to try and kill someone who we know isn't mafia (whome picks up more scum points for that too), and before that, waffled on whether or not he thought I was scum. Yesterday, he was a key driver of the RC wagon. Matt_S is still highest on my list, but I'm not like armlx much right now.
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:23 pm

Post by WhoMe? »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:A confirmed BM will be dead, as he can't hide consecutive days.
Every time I turn around there is another facet to BM's role that I have missed. Right, that's it, I'm off to reread all BM's posts.
Show

3/7/2/0
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:22 pm

Post by WhoMe? »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:A confirmed BM will be dead, as he can't hide consecutive days.
Where are you getting this "can't hide consecutive days" from?
BattleMage wrote:So far, you have failed to make ANY valid scenarios in which i would be scum, asking the RB not to target me. You've proven your own case invalid. Unfortunately you've rolefished to the extent that i have to now fully-claim. I'm not just a Miller. I'm a Miller cum Hider.
Each night in order to protect myself, i can leave my house, and go stay with someone else
, so if i am targetted by scum, i dont die, but if they target the guy im hiding with, then we both die. If I get Roleblocked, i wont be able to hide, and will probably die...
Bolding mine, he says he can do it each night
Show

3/7/2/0
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:26 pm

Huh. I could have sworn he said he couldn't do it every night. That takes care of that objection, I suppose.
jackalbane
jackalbane
Townie
jackalbane
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:09 am

Post by jackalbane »

Been busy. Just getting back. Time for many page catch-up time!!
jackalbane
jackalbane
Townie
jackalbane
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:12 am

Post by jackalbane »

In fact, seeing as this may not stay as well as I hope, scratch that last comment, please still replace me.

Much harder to play catch-up than to actually play all the way through.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:42 am

Battle Mage wrote: I dont think this plan is going to happen today at least. Its pretty wasteful, so its better to leave it until closer to endgame, as its possible ill have been NKed by then anyway.

BM
umm, I thought you said you were for it? why do I get the feeling you are trying to back out of this? If you are cult it will not be wasteful..if you are indeed the miller, it will not be wasteful..many people here suspect you, but now that it is obvious you are not mafia it would a.) provide a ton of information and b.) give us a confirmed townie.
wait a minute..where did he say this?..did he say he hid somewhere last night?
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Also, I think there's a good chance armlx is scum. So far today, he's directed the vig to try and kill someone who we know isn't mafia (whome picks up more scum points for that too),
might as well add me to that list too, because I think it is a good idea...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:08 am

Post by dahill1 »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Also, I think there's a good chance armlx is scum. So far today, he's directed the vig to try and kill someone who we know isn't mafia (whome picks up more scum points for that too), and before that, waffled on whether or not he thought I was scum. Yesterday, he was a key driver of the RC wagon. Matt_S is still highest on my list, but I'm not like armlx much right now.
we know he isn't mafia, but he still could be cult
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:19 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Can we finally lynch TheSweatpantsNinja now?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:09 am

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]Can we finally lynch TheSweatpantsNinja now?[/quote]why?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:53 am

Post by Battle Mage »

WhoMe? wrote:
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Is a good idea. Not sure using a vig on someone we definitely know is not in one group just to test the possibility that he's in the other is a good idea.
I think it's a good idea, as a confirmed townie BM will be invaluable. We will know not to lynch him, and his hiding ability will make it more difficult for scum groups with a NK to kill him. If on the other hand he is actually cult, then the vig kill will go through and we're downa scum. I don't see much of a downside here. If Farside had a solid lock on an actual scum, then I would say, sure, kill them first, but rather than risking offing another townie, confirming BM is a good choice.
In fairness, the odds of me being scum are so ridiculously minute, its pretty hard not to be suspicious of those pushing the 'lets spend all our time discussing the pretty much confirmed guy, and potentially waste a vig shot on him', when as you say, we may not have our Vig forever.

I mean, lets use the worst case scenario and say i was cult. I'm not a threat until we get to Endgame, or the day before that anyway. I'd be a survivor who may or MAY NOT have a kill.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”