Mafia 75: Return of the Mafia! TOWN WINS (really late)

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:20 am

Post by armlx »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Also, I think there's a good chance armlx is scum. So far today, he's directed the vig to try and kill someone who we know isn't mafia (whome picks up more scum points for that too), and before that, waffled on whether or not he thought I was scum. Yesterday, he was a key driver of the RC wagon. Matt_S is still highest on my list, but I'm not like armlx much right now.
Lol, who did I direct the vig at? Rosso, the guy whose actions made no sense, was claiming something he did in another game as scum in the recent past, and trying to get someone lynched on broken logic, and then went back on investigation results?
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:41 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Battle Mage wrote:
I mean, lets use the worst case scenario and say i was cult. I'm not a threat until we get to Endgame, or the day before that anyway. I'd be a survivor who may or MAY NOT have a kill.

BM
how do you know the cult does not have a kill? Your theory on the posion?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:42 am

armlx, I thought he met the vig at BM....which I agree with.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:44 am

Post by armlx »

curiouskarmadog wrote:armlx, I thought he met the vig at BM....which I agree with.
Thats not really even directing, its turning a vig into a much stronger role for a night (vig that can't kill townies).
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:45 am

not sure I get your reasoning...I think it is directing...but I think it also should be done. I am interested in what farside has to say about it.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:28 am

Post by farside22 »

Well it seemed a few people were directing me. If anyone is curious as to my thoughts I do not believe BM is scum or some cult member. With that said nothing much except dahill has caught my eye with these talks. Some people are looking at just voting and not scum hunting. Also why is Peers action a non tell. He keeps asking for the day to end and I haven't seen much from him either. I've only played one game with him and well I didn't get much from him there do to a quick lynch but I would appreciate someone telling me is this normal and show where.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:30 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

[quote="curiouskarmadog"][quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]Can we finally lynch TheSweatpantsNinja now?[/quote]why?[/quote]He's scum.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:06 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

I'm not.
armlx wrote: Lol, who did I direct the vig at? Rosso, the guy whose actions made no sense, was claiming something he did in another game as scum in the recent past, and trying to get someone lynched on broken logic, and then went back on investigation results?
I am talking about BM. And I'm talking about mafia members potentially directing the vig to someone we
know isn't mafia
. That's sort of a good deal for mafia, isn't it? A crosskill at best, a not-mafia kill at worst?

Whoever said, "he could be the cult," yes, he could be. I could be. You could be. We really don't have any reason to suspect BM over anyone else. So using a vig or lynch on someone we know is not in the most dangerous scum group is foolish.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:45 am

Post by Battle Mage »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
I mean, lets use the worst case scenario and say i was cult. I'm not a threat until we get to Endgame, or the day before that anyway. I'd be a survivor who may or MAY NOT have a kill.

BM
how do you know the cult does not have a kill? Your theory on the posion?
*sigh*
what IS up with you lately? You pounce on every shadow and seem to always come to the wrong conclusion. I dont KNOW the cult does not have a kill. I just dont see a strong case to say that they do. Armlx has failed to provide an example that would reinforce it, so im not accepting anything yet.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:I'm not.
armlx wrote: Lol, who did I direct the vig at? Rosso, the guy whose actions made no sense, was claiming something he did in another game as scum in the recent past, and trying to get someone lynched on broken logic, and then went back on investigation results?
I am talking about BM. And I'm talking about mafia members potentially directing the vig to someone we
know isn't mafia
. That's sort of a good deal for mafia, isn't it? A crosskill at best, a not-mafia kill at worst?

Whoever said, "he could be the cult," yes, he could be. I could be. You could be. We really don't have any reason to suspect BM over anyone else. So using a vig or lynch on someone we know is not in the most dangerous scum group is foolish.
this is actually EXCELLENT logic. It raises a point even i had forgotten-that by vigging ANYONE we can confirm their affiliation.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:51 am

Post by Battle Mage »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: I dont think this plan is going to happen today at least. Its pretty wasteful, so its better to leave it until closer to endgame, as its possible ill have been NKed by then anyway.

BM
umm, I thought you said you were for it? why do I get the feeling you are trying to back out of this? If you are cult it will not be wasteful..if you are indeed the miller, it will not be wasteful..many people here suspect you
Thats an interesting interpretation. Anyone who suspects me now, is quite frankly, an idiot. Do YOU think i am scum? If so, lets hear some reasoning. If not, why are you fuelling this attempt at pressure?
CKD wrote:but now that it is obvious you are not mafia it would a.) provide a ton of information and b.) give us a confirmed townie.
B is fine. But i dont understand A atall. What information will it give, other than me being innocent?? And dont give me some bullshit about it allowing us to use peoples reactions to me, because you know damn well we can do that now.
CKD wrote:
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Also, I think there's a good chance armlx is scum. So far today, he's directed the vig to try and kill someone who we know isn't mafia (whome picks up more scum points for that too),
might as well add me to that list too, because I think it is a good idea...
Oh, how chivalrous.
Confirm Vote: CKD

Slippery as ever. :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:33 am

Post by armlx »

BM, I don't remember you clarifying this, but if you hide with scum do you die or no?
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:16 am

Post by Imat »

K-Scope, why do you think TSPN is Scum? I may have missed some big post of reasoning on your part, but I doubt it.

Instead I find it likely that you're content to lay low and follow the lead of other. Honestly, I can't see much Pro-Town about your last two posts, and I'm starting to think that assessment will hold true if I reread you. Can you, therefore, post YOUR suspicions of TSPN that lead you to ignore the trend of the past few days (Finding Scum then delaying the Hammer to try and find others) and try to rush yet another lynch (Noting that I'm not saying hes the one who pushed each lynch, necessarily)? Then, just to give us an idea of where you're standing, can you perhaps give a name for an alternate suspect or two of yours...Unless you only suspect TSPN of being Scum, that is.
Willing to replace in any game, have some background experience but haven't gotten all of the specifics down, ie. abbreviations and other terms...
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:23 am

Battle Mage wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: I dont think this plan is going to happen today at least. Its pretty wasteful, so its better to leave it until closer to endgame, as its possible ill have been NKed by then anyway.

BM
umm, I thought you said you were for it? why do I get the feeling you are trying to back out of this? If you are cult it will not be wasteful..if you are indeed the miller, it will not be wasteful..many people here suspect you
Thats an interesting interpretation. Anyone who suspects me now, is quite frankly, an idiot. Do YOU think i am scum? If so, lets hear some reasoning. If not, why are you fuelling this attempt at pressure?
interesting interpretation?
Battle Mage wrote: I AM confirmable. I'm happy for Farside to take a pop at me if necessary to confirm me, as long as you're clear on it so i dont forget to hide. It just means we waste a Vig shot.

BM
now that other's think you should do it...attitude changes, why?

who really is slippery?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:27 am

Post by armlx »

Imat: Kscope does this every game.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:31 am

armlx wrote:Imat: Kscope does this every game.
agreed, though I remember him being quite active (for kscope) in the beginning.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:05 am

Post by Matt_S »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:You might notice that I still continued to argue why RC was town for the rest of the day.
After I called you out.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote: As scum, wouldn't I know whether or not I was right? Isn't that what you were arguing? That my arguments sucked, so I must be scum because no townie could think like I did? So, which is it? Did I know RC was town or didn't I?
You knew he wasn't mafia. He still could have turned up cult.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote: Indeed you might. You'd be wrong, because RC's play fit perfectly into the profile of a townie who wasn't paying attention, but you might. And even if that were true, if RC's play made no sense as town or scum, you(they, we) shouldn't have lynched someone strictly on the basis of irrational play. You might as well lynch every absent player, or every VI.
Who says it was strictly because of irrational play? Rosso couldn't remember his investigations, and he claimed to be going in alphabetical order. Rosso sounded like he was making things up as he went. And he never made a remotely convincing case for him being town.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:07 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Farside, how dare you kill me!! :evil:

Well, you can't get rid of me that easily. :P
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:08 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Vote Count Updated. Xtoxm replaces jackalbane, thanks so much Xtoxm for getting me out of a hole with replacements.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:20 am

xtoxm, someone else I tend to be in every freaking game with.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:22 am

Post by Xtoxm »

There's a few people I seem to be in a lot of games with. Haven't actually noticed you so much...Perhaps you're quieter than other's.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:56 pm

I still don't even see how you could read "moving on"
within that post
as "giving my consent." Or "distancing." I'm not sure what I would have to gain as scum from distancing myself from the wagon by discussing vig targets. Was everyone going to forget that I had opposed the wagon because of all the vig talk?
matt_s wrote: You knew he wasn't mafia. He still could have turned up cult.
Look over every bad argument used this game, and "he could be/could have been cult" will appear. I significantly altered my behavior (well, I didn't, but you seem to think I did), just on the 1 in 25 chance that he was the one cult member? What would I have had to gain from distancing myself slightly from the wagon,
even if that was what I was doing?

matt_s wrote: Who says it was strictly because of irrational play? Rosso couldn't remember his investigations, and he claimed to be going in alphabetical order. Rosso sounded like he was making things up as he went. And he never made a remotely convincing case for him being town.
So rosso was scum too dumb to bother to consider what his claimed investigation results would be? I can't believe any even cared what the reason for his N0 choice was. I find it hard to believe that someone as dumb as you made him out to be would think to fakeclaim something like cult cop in the first place.

What is your position on vigging BM?
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:57 pm

Out of curiousity, does anyone else feel like I was occupying an "ambiguous" stance on RC?
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:13 pm

Post by Matt_S »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:I still don't even see how you could read "moving on" within that post as "giving my consent."
Because you moved past defending Rosso. It's not nearly as complicated as you think.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:I'm not sure what I would have to gain as scum from distancing myself from the wagon by discussing vig targets.
Your distancing from the wagon was when you said that you thought Rosso was town, not the discussing the vig targets.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:What would I have had to gain from distancing myself slightly from the wagon, even if that was what I was doing?
You wouldn't want to fully support the wagon in case Rosso turned up town.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:So rosso was scum too dumb to bother to consider what his claimed investigation results would be? I can't believe any even cared what the reason for his N0 choice was.
I didn't care why he made his N0 choice. It's the fact that he wasn't telling the truth about it.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:What is your position on vigging BM?
It's a waste of a kill.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:19 pm

Post by farside22 »

Xtoxm wrote:Farside, how dare you kill me!! :evil:

Well, you can't get rid of me that easily. :P
I told you I wanted a player analysis and comments and I never got it. I felt suspicious because of the person you replaced. Who knew you were telling the truth. :lol:
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”