populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by populartajo »

What about if we give coins to Gimbo so that he can buy a star? He's not killed tonight and he can confirm a townie or kill a scum.

Mod edit:
Visible votecount:
Cream147 (3): armlx, Phoebus, Alabaska J
TheSweatpantsNinja (3): sideney, Riceballtail, iamausername
Xtoxm (2): DragonsofSummer, alvinz95
farside22 (2): TheSweatpantsNinja, Gimbo
populartajo (1): farside22
Alabaska J (1): populartajo
somestrangeflea (1): Dead Rikimaru
armlx (1): killa seven
Gimbo (1): somestrangeflea

Not voting (9): Xtoxm, Surye, MafiaSSK, Pepsidude, Cream147, FaerieLord, Celebloki, mr. incrediball, Rogue Shenanigans

With 24 alive it takes 13 real votes to lynch.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

farside wrote: How about the fact that you didn't like when anyone disagreed with you. Why do I get called out for it? Just because I was the first to say bad idea.
Yeah. . . I didn't vote for you until you said "we should wait until tomorrow." Like I've said, that's what I'm locking in on. I don't
being disagreed with, because I think people are either knock-kneed cowards afraid to take chances or scum, but obviously they aren't all scum, and I've no particular interest in pursuing all of them. And haven't.

So how about the fact that you said "FOSs everyone" when I haven't FOS'd anyone?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:13 pm

Post by armlx »

Did scum win those games? I only ask because that seems like a high % compared to # of players.
Its still pretty even with town power roles.

Pop, can gimbo even buy/use one of those as he already has the item.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:13 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

No he can't. :/
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:49 pm

Post by Cream147 »

Alabaska J wrote:No Cream read the thread for once.

I thought we had a plan for today, but it seems to have dissolved.

Also, I feel bad for whoever will replace into this game (if we need one).

prod Gimbo
I'd read it through twice before you asked. It seems to me like the only thing you've got on me is that vote on Gimbo I made early on. Also, for some reason, some people didn't like my indifference, but that's not solid evidence against me. You don't seem to care about seeing whether I'm actually scum because Gimbo will just revive me anyway.
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:35 am

Post by Celebloki »

Sorry I haven't been posting in this game, I have been reading. My current thoughts are:

Gimbo is pretty much screwed tonight unless theres a doctor/roleblocker type role to save him so buying him an item is useless.

TSPN's plan of pooling/claiming coins seems like a bad idea to me. I like the multiple investigations idea, but by claiming coins we might out some good pro-town roles.

Cream147: I don't really see the case on him. He made one mistake and is getting a ton of flak for it.

Farside22 is either poor at math or has some inside info about the number of scum present in this game. She is suspicious IGMEOY.
Rogue Shenanigans wrote: Like many here I don't see the case on cream. I bandwagoned purely to see reactions.
He says this then unvotes TSPN? He has some weird bandwagoning and flipflopping once the bandwagons lose steam. I don't like his play so far at all.

FoS: RS
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:47 am

Post by armlx »

Cream, indifference to minor cases is pretty scummy. Its the easiest way to get out of it as you stall until someone else does something dumb.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:38 am

Post by Phoebus »

Cream cream, vote for cream.
I scream for some dead cream!
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:34 am

Post by Cream147 »

Judging by the maths I did, I would say that giving coins to 4 people so they can do investigations is a good idea IF we give them to the right people. 0.8 chance hitting scum is good, and 4 confirmed innocents is good anyway. However, that's all changed if we give just a single investigation to scum. Claiming multiple coins could lead to problems but...well I wonder if a single person has none. If no one has no coins then we can all put 1 coin to the cause.

Is it worth a mass coin claim which doesn't involve saying how many coins we have, but just whether we have them or not?...I suppose it's not, as we don't have 4 people we can trust to give them to.

For the issue of farside, I believe it was just a simple mistake in maths on her part. There's no evidence in there that she knows the amount of scum there are.
armlx wrote:Cream, indifference to minor cases is pretty scummy
Notice the word 'pretty'. There are a couple of people (not you, though you have your vote on me) who seem to be desperate for my lynch for this 'pretty' scummy thing, coupled with a single mistake. This is the point I made earlier, Gimbo's roleclaim means that some people seem to not care anymore about getting the right lynch, because if it's the wrong lynch, it can all be sorted out. I have changed my mind on this. I have decided that I'm not just going to let myself be lynched, because it would be far better if we just lynched scum.
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:51 pm

Post by Gimbo »

Hiya. First of all, to Celeboki, who said I'm doomed tonight. My plea for scums to not gun for my ass tonight is what me and Surye said pages back. The mushroom has 2 abilities, 1-revival and the other no one knows about (besides Surye). In fact, I never intended to out the 2nd ability until Surye outed it. All I can say is that the 1-UP can be usefully (pretty nicely) as an anti-town item if it gets into the hand of a scum. In fact, if it is given to a scum in the future as an exchange, it will screw town over. Now, I am willing to risk that if the scums don't kill me tonight.

I don't really understand the wagon on TSN and Cream, I think Rogue is the most suspicious out of all of us. Going back a few pages, you can see that Rogue's posts about why he bandwagoned made no sense.

Farside - better be carefully what you say, otherwise the momentum can gain on you really fast.

Cream - you should stop saying you want to get lynched...then you don't want to get lynched, because that is a FoS-worthy attitude in my book.

Celeboki - stop the lurking please...
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Open 79 Nightless Vanilla
Mini 634 The Baron's Court
Mini 625 Essential Liberties Mafia
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by iamausername »

Gimbo wrote:Celeboki - stop the lurking please...
Celebloki is far from the only person who needs calling out on this.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by armlx »

Notice the word 'pretty'.

Do you understand what it means? Pretty = quite = very.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by Surye »

Gimbo wrote:Hiya. First of all, to Celeboki, who said I'm doomed tonight. My plea for scums to not gun for my ass tonight is what me and Surye said pages back. The mushroom has 2 abilities, 1-revival and the other no one knows about (besides Surye). In fact, I never intended to out the 2nd ability until Surye outed it. All I can say is that the 1-UP can be usefully (pretty nicely) as an anti-town item if it gets into the hand of a scum. In fact, if it is given to a scum in the future as an exchange, it will screw town over. Now, I am willing to risk that if the scums don't kill me tonight.
This plan won't work, it's naive to think it will. You're gonna use it tomorrow as we can't risk you another night, and we're gonna get a townie back. Because of this the scum cannot let you live, regardless of any use they may have for it. Unless they have the ability to steal items, you are done for. We need to play with that in mind. We should try to protect you if anyone can, but don't think you'll live tonight without help.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:30 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

armlx wrote:

Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:02 pm

Post by Surye »

Gimbo wrote:sorry Cream,
Vote:Cream147
, this has to be done
Gimbo wrote:because right now. It's either Cream or TSN, and its not a rash thing.
Gimbo wrote:Cream, its hard to put a finger on the hunch I'm getting about you, I'm gonna give you time to prove me wrong ;)
Gimbo wrote:I don't really understand the wagon on TSN and Cream, I think Rogue is the most suspicious out of all of us. Going back a few pages, you can see that Rogue's posts about why he bandwagoned made no sense.
You are perhaps the most confusing player I have ever seen. You post endlessly with no content, you rant on about nothing, you contradict yourself at every turn, and on top of all that, I know you are probably town and it is driving me insane. Please start making sense.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:06 pm

populartajo wrote: What about if we give coins to Gimbo so that he can buy a star? He's not killed tonight and he can confirm a townie or kill a scum.
Won't work, he can only hold one item.
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:57 pm

Post by Cream147 »

armlx wrote:

Actually, I think you fail to understand its meaning. Pretty=quite is true enough. Quite however, does not mean very. Of course, the actual definition of it is irrelevant because you used the word so you probably wrongly used it. Here is the definition of pretty which is relevant to this anyway.
answers.com wrote: To a fair degree; moderately: a pretty good student.
Mod: fixed quote tags
[u]Apologies[/u]
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:57 pm

Post by Cream147 »

EBWOP: God knows what I was doing with those quote tags!
[u]Apologies[/u]
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:40 am

Post by Gimbo »

Surye wrote:
Gimbo wrote:sorry Cream,
Vote:Cream147
, this has to be done
Gimbo wrote:because right now. It's either Cream or TSN, and its not a rash thing.
Gimbo wrote:Cream, its hard to put a finger on the hunch I'm getting about you, I'm gonna give you time to prove me wrong ;)
Gimbo wrote:I don't really understand the wagon on TSN and Cream, I think Rogue is the most suspicious out of all of us. Going back a few pages, you can see that Rogue's posts about why he bandwagoned made no sense.
You are perhaps the most confusing player I have ever seen. You post endlessly with no content, you rant on about nothing, you contradict yourself at every turn, and on top of all that, I know you are probably town and it is driving me insane. Please start making sense.
........i like your avatar now....okay I FoS Rogue right now... the most out of the 3
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Open 79 Nightless Vanilla
Mini 634 The Baron's Court
Mini 625 Essential Liberties Mafia
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:45 am

Post by iamausername »

Oh, please don't get into pointless semantic arguments about the meaning of vague adjectives again, Cream.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:16 am

Post by farside22 »

I thought about FOSing every person who has either not said anything or just laid under the radar and realized it would be about half the people on the list. I'm going to try and do a read through today. God knows reading Gimbo's stuff I just may pass through it so I can get the reading done more quickly. :lol:
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
mr. incrediball
mr. incrediball
Goon
mr. incrediball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:53 am

Post by mr. incrediball »

i think someone
needs
to protect gimbo.
Show
i'm this good at mafia:

wins: none so far (on this site, anyway)

losses: open 72 (as a townie) :(
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:57 am

Post by farside22 »

Yeah. That wasn't so bad. Here is my problem. In a game like this lurking is going to be easy. I think some of the scum can do this and let others fight among ourselves. Here first is the list on non contributors:
-Xtoxm
-killa seven
-MafiaSSK
-alvinz95
-Dead Rikimaru

Some people's post really rubbed me wrong and I noticed they go lost among the arguing.

-sideney - post 134 something about his statement strikes me as under the radar and not making waves type vote. Post 269 at this point I feel like sideney is just following anyones lead.
-Alabaska J - Post 247 votes cream, but says "if I hadn't been unavailable I would've voted phoebus" Post: 345 why FOS Mafia when so many others don't seem to be reading the thread. Post 418 setting up lynches in advance. Post 474 when pushed about what case he says that the person needs to read the thread.
-Riceballtail - 304 me too post and offers nothing to the conversation. Post 365 another me too post with nothing to add votes TSN.

The first person on my list Sideney did about 3 me too post and offered nothing of his own opinion. Same goes with RBT. Alabaska seems really excited about night and is pushing to lynch Cream for some odd reason that he never wants to back up.
Honestly I'm at a toss up at who is the worse on this. I'm going with Alabaska because of his eagerness to see the day done with a quick lynch.
unvote:
vote: Alabaska
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:11 am

MafiaSSK's in this game? And he's not contributing?

Unvote, vote mafiassk.

Mod:
Probably all five players in farside's list could use prodding.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:40 am

Post by Phoebus »

My vote is where I need it to be.

I don't see the need to say anything much else right now, nor does it seem that I need to comment on any of the current happenings.

Therefore...I will be sitting here in my corner...watching...till I need to speak up.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”