goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon
Location: Moe's Tavern Occupation: Bartender, Part-time Scumhunter

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by goborage »

Your points against me are not "individually scummy", but are associative with DBE. You haven't proved that I am scummy independent of her. Why?
Basically he's been closemouthed, posting as little information as possible, and has made no real effort to figure out who the scum are, just gone along with a few cases where it was convenient, and ignored the rest of the game.
This right here can be used to describe GS, coheed, and possibly Amor. My question is why am I being focused on? Why haven't you asked any GS, Coheed, or Amor any questions? The only difference I can see between my play and the others is that I've been linked to DBE.

Atm I'm thinking your "scum-hunting" is rather selective. If you're using meta to defend GS (which isn't a great idea imo) you should be doing for me as well. There's a lull in almost all my games for the last month and a half or so due to school/work.
Well if you're so sure what it ain't, how about tellin' us what it am!
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:11 pm

Post by Greasy Spot »

just posting to remind everyone I on vacation on don't have acces. I amstealing someones wi-fi to post this. Will be able to post on friday.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:20 am

Post by Shepherd_of_Wolves »

populartajo wrote:Shepherd, why dont you like the Darla lynch?
Did you overlook this statement?
Shepherd_of_Wolves wrote:If the town lynches Darla and not Grease, I am agreeable. I see Grease to be equal in deserving lynching but will be willing to help vote Darla. I think that she has total fabricated her claim and think she is scum. But, I know that tomorrow we will need the case on Grease which I intend to find.
Let me state the meaning. I am in on Darla's lynch. I want to have questioned answered by Grease. The results will be helpful tomorrow. The only two people not voting are Coheed and Grease. The lynch will most likely not happen on Grease today. But, I wanted him to answer my questions. If I vote Darla now, then Grease most surely will Hammer. That prevents me from getting the info from him. I do not like this style of play. He seems very anti-town and does not refute that fact. I have not read up on his meta. I do not have time to investigate his past games. So, I take it for what it is.

After reading what was written by Mac on Gobo and Darla, I think that he has some really good points. I want to reread and see the pattern myself. They are both voting in conjunction this time around, which would make the lynch on Darla very telling.

More to come later.......
Show
Finished Modding
: Mini 977ÔÇôMafita...

Starting Soon (Mini Theme)

DNA Evidence
Who's DNA will match the criminal database?

I think I have worked out some pretty clever and engaging roles, yet simple in function.

The sheep do not see us coming
Even in broad daylight.
But when we're upon them
They cannot take flight.
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:33 am

Post by Macavenger »

goborage wrote:Your points against me are not "individually scummy", but are associative with DBE. You haven't proved that I am scummy independent of her. Why?
I wrote:Looking at goborage:
Day 1 he was pretty useless for the most part. Had to be prodded hard by multiple players to get him to do something as basic as laying out what he thought about people, and even then he was extremely reluctant and gave very little information - basically giving everyone a neutral read. Discusses theory a bit, but makes little effort to actually find scum. Hops on the Malth/OG wagon when I started pushing for a lynch before deadline.

Day 2 makes the WIFOM argument that scum would be off Malth's wagon to vote for populartajo. Very convenient stance to take if both he and buddy DBE got on that wagon to be visible helping lynch scum. He basically lurks through all of Day 2, making a total of 6 very short, noninformative posts, and carefully avoids saying anything about the two main wagons of the day, DBE and xofelf. While his reasons for attacking tajo early D2 are not entirely bad, I don't like the WIFOM, or the fact that he then just sat his vote there the rest of the day without commenting on anything else particularly. He also says "lynching [Greasy] for being anti-town is as good a reason as any," making the implication that Greasy is a good lynch for anti-town behavior even if he's not scum. This argument always makes me twitch.

Today, he's posted a bit more, but has done basically nothing except defend DBE and attack Greasy.

Basically he's been closemouthed, posting as little information as possible, and has made no real effort to figure out who the scum are, just gone along with a few cases where it was convenient, and ignored the rest of the game.
This was the part where you're individually scummy. You're not asking questions or actively trying to figure out who the scum are, you're jsut hopping on other cases and running with it. Your play is very "yeah, me too." Town had to lean on you hard Day 1 to get you to post the most basic information of substance, and even then you still gave us almost nothing.
goborage wrote:
This right here can be used to describe GS, coheed, and possibly Amor. My question is why am I being focused on? Why haven't you asked any GS, Coheed, or Amor any questions? The only difference I can see between my play and the others is that I've been linked to DBE.
It tends to describe Greasy, but he has had limited access and this behavior isn't outside the normal range for him. (You really need to work on your playstyle btw, Greasy.)
It somewhat describes coheed, but he's been on vacation a lot, and has been good about telling us. He has also at least posted brief comments on major wagons without having the entire town yell at him, which is something you can't really say. I'd kinda rather he just got replaced being on vacation this much, but there's nothing I can do about that.
It doesn't describe Amor at all. What kind of pathetic joke is that? Trying to rope Amor in for being closemouthed and case hopping strikes me as extremely desperate.

Saying that a statement of why you're scummy could maybe apply to others is a rather uninspiring defense.
goborage wrote:Atm I'm thinking your "scum-hunting" is rather selective. If you're using meta to defend GS (which isn't a great idea imo) you should be doing for me as well. There's a lull in almost all my games for the last month and a half or so due to school/work.
I don't care how busy you are, you can manage more than "top voted: slightly scum, everyone else neutral" or six lines of text with no substantial contribution in an entire game day. If you can't, then get yourself replaced.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I knew when this game started and I was a Miller it was gonna suck. LOL, and it got worse when I defended a newbie who came up scum. Talk about domino effect. Before you all lynch me, which it seems you are gonna do, I would like to say that I have no knowledge of anyone's alignment, and my comment about gobo being neutral was just that, he didn't seem one way or the other on anyone.

and Mac, your tireless defense of Greasy cos of his meta Is a bit worrisome. Unless you know his alignment, your defense of him, is pretty idiotic considering how scummy he is. You guys crucify me for my defense of Malth, well why don't you take a look at Mac there. (Doing the same thing with an even scumier acting player, who ISN'T a n00b)
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by goborage »

Day 1 he was pretty useless for the most part. Had to be prodded hard by multiple players to get him to do something as basic as laying out what he thought about people, and even then he was extremely reluctant and gave very little information - basically giving everyone a neutral read. Discusses theory a bit, but makes little effort to actually find scum. Hops on the Malth/OG wagon when I started pushing for a lynch before deadline.
I think this is more indicative of playstyle than anything else. I would have made those posts regardless of alignment and the fact that you'd defend GS through meta and not me unsettles me. And how is my voting of Malth a point against me?
Day 2 makes the WIFOM argument that scum would be off Malth's wagon to vote for populartajo. Very convenient stance to take if both he and buddy DBE got on that wagon to be visible helping lynch scum. He basically lurks through all of Day 2, making a total of 6 very short, noninformative posts, and carefully avoids saying anything about the two main wagons of the day, DBE and xofelf. While his reasons for attacking tajo early D2 are not entirely bad, I don't like the WIFOM, or the fact that he then just sat his vote there the rest of the day without commenting on anything else particularly. He also says "lynching [Greasy] for being anti-town is as good a reason as any," making the implication that Greasy is a good lynch for anti-town behavior even if he's not scum. This argument always makes me twitch.
You dismiss my WIFOM argument with a WIFOM argument of your own. D2 I continued my stance that DBE was a bad lynch. And I didn't just park my vote, I was quite vocal that I disliked GS's play. Yes, I do equate anti-town play with scumminess. Look at Malth.

"no real effort to figure out who the scum are" - I think this applies to Amor. Amor's posts are more or less just comments on other developments or cases.
Saying that a statement of why you're scummy could maybe apply to others is a rather uninspiring defense.
This is as much a point against you as it is a defense. Until I pointed it out you seemed content to ignore and even defend other players who have committed the same acts that you have labeled as scummy.
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

Ok, hears what I think, GS is being very scummy right now for all the reasons everyone has pointed out several times. He has been anti town and done nothing to help. That being said, he might just be f*cking with us as a unhelpful townie, i really dont know. I think he'd be a good lynch for the day. DBE wagon is also a good one, her connection with Malth and her very oppertunitic Miller claim make her seem very scummer. The hidden link to Jack-Of-All-Trades through the wolfhunter is suspicious. The mod wanted us to know what it is. And after reading it, it could go either way. He could have investigated and got a guilty, or could have used something else. The only thing that really points to it is the "confrimable" bit.

Thats just a quick thing for now since my posting has been lagging(I apologize), I should start to be posting more in a bit since school in ending.
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by Amor »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:Ok, hears what I think, GS is being very scummy right now for all the reasons everyone has pointed out several times. He has been anti town and done nothing to help. That being said, he might just be f*cking with us as a unhelpful townie, i really dont know. I think he'd be a good lynch for the day. DBE wagon is also a good one, her connection with Malth and her very oppertunitic Miller claim make her seem very scummer. The hidden link to Jack-Of-All-Trades through the wolfhunter is suspicious. The mod wanted us to know what it is. And after reading it, it could go either way. He could have investigated and got a guilty, or could have used something else. The only thing that really points to it is the "confrimable" bit.

Thats just a quick thing for now since my posting has been lagging(I apologize), I should start to be posting more in a bit since school in ending.
I find this post scummy. Coheed approves of both lynch candidates, but doesn't take a definitive stance on either, and generally doesn't really say anything at all. He seems to be conciously staying in the background. He doesn't stand out nearly as scummy as DBE, but let's not forget about him (as seems to be his strategy if he's scum.)
Show
Current Record (wins-losses-abandoned)
Town: 3-5
Scum: 2-3-1

For my thoughts on non-scum-related things, see my Twitter or my blog The Eternal Couch Potato.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:35 pm

Post by Greasy Spot »

Ok, first off in my defense, I may be an asshole and you may not like my play style but I have never lied in this game. Ask me anything and I'll shoot it straight as I have all game long. I have not fabricated a claim as Darla has nor have I felt the need to. If the town says it's time for me to go, then so be it. Anything I can do to help the town.

Sheperd this vote is so you don't get mad at me for another hammer
vote: DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:53 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

mmph, GL town.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:10 am

Post by Macavenger »

That was not, in fact, a hammer, DBE. You're at L-1.

Agree with Amor on Coheed's post. Coheed, you basically just summarized the major arguments of the day and said "I agree." Why don't you add your thoughts a bit, like which wagon is better?
goborage wrote:"no real effort to figure out who the scum are" - I think this applies to Amor. Amor's posts are more or less just comments on other developments or cases.
Amor is asking questions and presenting original analysis. You (and coheed, and greasy) are not.
goborage wrote:This is as much a point against you as it is a defense. Until I pointed it out you seemed content to ignore and even defend other players who have committed the same acts that you have labeled as scummy.
Except it isn't the same. There may be similarities in some cases, but my opinion is that you have the least reason for your behavior other than alignment. You're the only one it all firmly applies to. There's also that bit where you're strongly linked to DBE, which makes me pay more attention to you.

Coheed is definitely scummier than neutral, especially after that last post. But for now you and DBE are my top two.

Greasy, comment on why you think DBE is a good lynch, please. Try to avoid summarizing old arguments as much as possible.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:05 am

Right now, I want to hammer DBE, but then all of you would just see that as oppertunistic. Shes the best case right now because of her ties to Malth and overall scummy play. Greasy is not top because he could just be being a very unhelpful town.
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by Macavenger »

Bump.

Deadline in a bit under 6 days. I would recommend giving a couple more days for Greasy to hopefully answer some questions, then coheed or someone hammer DBE.
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:48 am

If Greasy doesn't post something by monday night (he has the weekend plus all monday) I will lay the hammer on DBE.
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by Greasy Spot »

It is late, I just got home, and I leave early in the morning to go out of town for a week. Sorry for not answering your questions right now. I will check in later this week.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:42 pm

Post by Shepherd_of_Wolves »

What? This is discouraging. Grease has promised to be unavailable and unresponsive to the thread. Checking in will not be sufficient to get the answers and move the game forward. So, for the sake of time and seeing the lynch is decided for today. I will offer the hammer vote.

I want to say, I think that the claim she proposed looks more fabricated, studied out, and designed to respond to the proposed Rice threat. I wanted more from Grease, that is why I held of and laid my attack on him. I resume my inquiry on him tomorrow. With Darla's alliance made known, much will be learned.

Vote: Darla
Show
Finished Modding
: Mini 977ÔÇôMafita...

Starting Soon (Mini Theme)

DNA Evidence
Who's DNA will match the criminal database?

I think I have worked out some pretty clever and engaging roles, yet simple in function.

The sheep do not see us coming
Even in broad daylight.
But when we're upon them
They cannot take flight.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:15 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Final Votecount

DarlaBlueEyes (5) - Macavenger, Amor, populartajo, Greasy Spot, Shepherd_of_Wolves

Greasy Spot (2) - goborage, DarlaBlueEyes
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:23 pm

"Okay, men."

Count Auguste looked at the assembled line of soldiers standing right before him.

"Lady Christine Millar has called me. She's trapped inside Mansion Gagarine, and she needs our help to defeat the werewolves." The Count started walking up and down the line.

There were a few seconds of silence.

"You're insane.." someone said.

Count Auguste turned around to see who said that. All soldiers in the line stood still, there was no sign of anyone talking.

The Count walked on.

"No, he's right. You're insane, another soldier said. Lady Millar's dead, and so are the werewolves."

"You coward!"

"I'm certainly not a coward, count. I'm a realist."

The rest of the crowd agreed.

"What!?" the count shouted. "You ain't gonna help me?"

"Sorry, count. I think it's been a long day. I suggest you get some sleep. We will talk about it tomorrow."

"No way, coward." The furious count walked away, taking big steps and waving his arms. He grabbed his mantle, and walked out the front gate.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:27 pm

Yes, indeed. Sometimes, a crowd can ignore the advice of a single person, even if that person is right.

A similar scenario happened in Mansion Gagarine at that time. The villagers had decided that
DarlaBlueEyes
would be a good lynch. No one ever really knew her anyway, and most people wondered what exactly her business in House Gaile was. The crowd claimed that Riceballtail, the departed, had a guilty investigation on her.

"You're just xenophobes!" DarlaBlueEyes claimed. Her words were futile.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:39 pm

Round and round she goes. And she always will.

Most people don't like mills or millers. What they don't see is that a mill is a miracle, a wonder, a true piece of art. A mill is the perfect harmony between men and nature. The grain the fields provide, if we treat them with love, will be turned into something that can function as a daily meal to us, humans. That with only the power of the wind. No electricity or anything. Isn't it wonderful?

Sure, it's hard work, and people don't really have much respect for what you do. But I don't do it for them, I do it for myself. An audience of a thousand men is as good as an audience of one to me, or even and audience of no one. People must stop living for others, that's the only way to peace.

No, let me rephrase that. It's the only way to inner peace. Outside, there will never be peace. It's in mankind's nature. We need power, might, money and status. And we need more, more, more and more. Ofcourse, if everyone tried to achieve this, ideals will conflict. And they always will. It'll lead to war, death, sorrow. That's why I rather stay on the sidelines. The problem with standing on the sidelines, though, is that you can see what happens on the field. And what happens on the field I don't want to see.

That's why I decided to head to Mansion Gagarine, and stop those foul plays on the field. Sometimes, stepping into the field is necessary. I guess it was.. Wasn't it?
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:41 am

The crowd gathers around DarlaBlueEyes. She looks scared and for a way out. The villagers close her in, and then a villager hits her in the face. Another punch follows, and another one and more. The seven villagers start beating DarlaBlueEyes up severely.

After a while, the torture stops. There lies DarlaBlueEyes on the ground, heavily bruised and bleeding in several places.

For a few, say four, seconds, there's silence.

Then the beating continues. Darla screams in pain, but all the aggression that was built up when several villagers died comes out.

After a while, Darla's dead. It's not night yet, so her body can't be correctly identified, but from the look on the elder Lord's face everyone could judge that DarlaBlueEyes was a
Werewolf

It's now night 3. Have your choices in in 48 hours!
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:49 am

He was about halfway there when the pain came back.

A howl, and the man fell down again, this time on the mold ground.

"Must.. keep.."

"Must keep...

moving."

The man stood up, and leaned against a tree, coughing loudly.

He stood there for a few minutes, then walked on.

"Must keep moving, must keep moving. Pride and justice. Justice and pride. Yes, must keep moving."
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:53 am

The next morning, one villagers entered in the mansion's main hall.

Wait, one?

"Seven, not one!" the villagers shouted.

Oh, right. Jesus, who wrote this script? The guy's handwriting is inrecognisable.

Anyway, let's move on. Must keep moving.

Okay, seven. Seven villagers entered the mansion's main hall.

Wait, seven?

Indeed, no one died last night.

Lord Gagarine's face looks more sour with almost every passing day. Lady Millar, however, is cheering in joy.

"Let's do this, guys!"

It's now day four. With seven alive, it's four to lynch!
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:14 am

Post by populartajo »

Obv obv
Vote : Goborage.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:37 am

Post by goborage »

Heh. I guess I had DBE pegged wrong. I'm an obvious lynch but I still think we should take a look at GS's and coheed's play. The points against GS have been made already and he hasn't posted a satisfactory defense imo. coheed has not made a decent post all game. The most recent post he made was just parroting things that have already been said. In fact, parroting pretty much sums up coheed's play. D1's posts were just to vote for malth after the BW was established. D2 was the same deal except xofelf instead of malth. D3 had the lowest content of all. I don't think we should tolerate this D4. I'd like some original content from him.

@coheed: Who are the top two most suspicious people on your list?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”