Mafia 75: Return of the Mafia! TOWN WINS (really late)

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3100 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:16 am

Post by Battle Mage »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:I'm not interested in lynching armlx.

Off hand, I'd lynch whome (obviously), TS, skitzer, or anderson before armlx.

I'm not really even clear on what the reasons for lynching him are.
How can you make an informed judgement on whether you want to lynch Armlx or not, when you clearly have made no attempt to find out the case on him.

I've issued a challenge to every single player here. Read Armlx's posts, and find something that suggests he is protown. It's not like i'm issuing this challenge with any intention of doing less work myself. I like the way in which some people portray me as lazy, but im the only person here who is willing to do a full reread of 1 player.

I'm not going to take any of this Whome-suspicion seriously until there is some evidence that you arent just tunnel-visioning him.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3101 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:03 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

Let me get this straight.

Armlx is guilty unless proven innocent?

No thanks. My vote stays on WhoMe.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3102 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:40 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Toaster Strudel wrote:Let me get this straight.

Armlx is guilty unless proven innocent?

No thanks. My vote stays on WhoMe.
No. He's guilty because i've given a case against him, and nobody has refuted it, whereas i've already pointed out the gaping hole in the Whome-case. Nuff said.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3103 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:22 am

Your previous incarnation started the WhoMe case.

So there's a gaping hole?

Nuff said.

At this point the only player worthy of my changing my vote would be you, BM.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #3104 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:33 am

Post by armlx »

He's guilty because i've given a case against him, and nobody has refuted it
I did refute it though......

Also, I would find your "compromise" post on dahill if you hadn't spammed the thread to the point a view posts by player on you breaks the forum.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3105 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by Matt_S »

I won't be lynching armlx any time today. I don't really get why people don't agree that Peers was obvscum. Nobody has refuted any of the points I made against him.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #3106 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by armlx »

I don't really get why people don't agree that Peers was obvscum.
Neither do I. I again direct people to Desperate Mafia (http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... start=1350)

Read all of Peers' posts and compare them to here.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3107 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:53 pm

Anyone up for a BM lynch raise your hand.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #3108 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by armlx »

Anyone up for a BM lynch raise your hand.
It would be a policy lynch. Tack him onto the list of people I want to see vigged but am unsure if lynching is optimal.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3109 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by killa seven »

raises hand.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3110 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:46 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Toaster Strudel wrote:Your previous incarnation started the WhoMe case.

So there's a gaping hole?

Nuff said.

At this point the only player worthy of my changing my vote would be you, BM.
Do you never learn? Wait, forgot who i was talking to for a sec. If you needed any more evidence that you are spewing your usual BS- the fact that Killa 7 is agreeing with you is as concrete as you can expect. :P

My previous incarnation as you put it, started cases on almost everyone. The fact is, my previous incarnation later realised that Whome was
very likely
innocent as a result of night actions. The beauty of reading the thread, is that i can remember stuff like that.

And because i'm not lazy like Armlx, i'll happily go and read that part of the game again in order to re-explain this to those of you who were not paying attention at the time, or replaced in afterwards.

Lol Armlx now wants to see me Vigged? now theres a big surprise. Not quite OMGUS, but certainly a survival aid nonetheless. :D

Geez, this game is so transparent, it's funny! lol :lol:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #3111 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:35 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

armlx wrote:
not sure why skitzer is still not on anyone's radar.
I remember seeing a list of reasons earlier on this, would you mind linking to it?
just his actions, lurking, giving himself reason to lurk, then saying that those reasons were stupid. When I call him out on it, he back tracks and says that he meant something else.

Ex: He stated he was "Going to reread now."

Then preceeds to lurk, someone else mentioned that they were going to reread and he thought that was stupid, when I called him out he stated something like.

"I meant I was going to reread one person" When I asked him who that was, he asked who I wanted him to reread....

He has been jumping on easy lynches, and really just flying under the radar...and I not sure why people are not catching this behavior...but this BW needs more pressure...if not a lynch.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3112 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:21 am

Battle Mage wrote:My previous incarnation as you put it, started cases on almost everyone. The fact is, my previous incarnation later realised that Whome was
very likely
innocent as a result of night actions. The beauty of reading the thread, is that i can remember stuff like that.
Hey. You're not supposed to tell us how your predecessor felt or what he knew. You don't want to get yourself modkilled, though it would save us some work if your did!

;-)
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #3113 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:43 am

Post by armlx »

The fact is, my previous incarnation later realised that Whome was very likely innocent as a result of night actions.
Link plz.
Lol Armlx now wants to see me Vigged? now theres a big surprise. Not quite OMGUS, but certainly a survival aid nonetheless. Very Happy
:roll:. Do you want me to go on my rant about default vigging?
He has been jumping on easy lynches, and really just flying under the radar...and I not sure why people are not catching this behavior...but this BW needs more pressure...if not a lynch.
TBH, for a while I forgot Skitzer was in the game. I've seen him as town actually make productive analysis, so I can definitely back this. Probably not as much as a Peers or WhoMe lynch, but definitely a fair bit.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3114 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:25 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Toaster Strudel wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:My previous incarnation as you put it, started cases on almost everyone. The fact is, my previous incarnation later realised that Whome was
very likely
Hey. You're not supposed to tell us how your predecessor felt or what he knew. You don't want to get yourself modkilled, though it would save us some work if your did!

;-)
Lol it's nothing that the entire town doesnt know. That is, if the entire town has read what was said outright earlier in the game.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3115 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote:
The fact is, my previous incarnation later realised that Whome was very likely innocent as a result of night actions.
Link plz.
I'm doing a full reread of the game atm. I'm on Page 15, but should be making some headway over the next couple of days. I reckon it was about half way through the game. I'm making notes as i read anyway, and you'll get the full analysis when i'm done. Yeh, i was pretty bored alright. lol
Armlx wrote:
Lol Armlx now wants to see me Vigged? now theres a big surprise. Not quite OMGUS, but certainly a survival aid nonetheless. Very Happy
:roll:. Do you want me to go on my rant about default vigging?
Yes please. I hope and suspect that it will be in direct contradiction to your earlier rant about vigging, which consisted of lecturing everyone not to use a Vig ability unless they were sure it was on scum. But yes, i'd love to hear anything you have to say on gameplay, because:
1. You might learn something.
2. It'll make the thread fun(ny) again! :D

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #3116 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:06 am

Post by armlx »

I hope and suspect that it will be in direct contradiction to your earlier rant about vigging, which consisted of lecturing everyone not to use a Vig ability unless they were sure it was on scum.
My opinion has changed on the theory of vigging since 4.5 months ago, as well as misrepresenting it. I never said sure, merely that they had a logical suspicion, which is a very different thing.

There are specific people who as scum or town are equally non-productive (Rosso, DGB usually, though she has impressed my this game, Gimbo) or equally extremely scummy (LML is the poster boy of this and the only example I have found). Their presence in the town is rarely beneficial and as such their removal via vig at any point, even on N0, results in a net gain for the town. Said people are rarely good lynches as their behavior is rarely indicative of scum/town one way of the other and people voting them are pretty much undifferentiable in their reasons, but in the absence of better kills they are best removed from the game. Unless someone is crusading against them for their standard behavior, I won't oppose their death, but I won't actively endorse it until the better kill thing falls through.

I also found that post on WhoMe, but after that point you went back on it from what I have read.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #3117 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:18 am

Post by Korlash »

I always thought I was pretty extremely scummy... although I don't think I have attracted the attention of a vig yet... hmmm...
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3118 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:19 am

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote:
I hope and suspect that it will be in direct contradiction to your earlier rant about vigging, which consisted of lecturing everyone not to use a Vig ability unless they were sure it was on scum.
My opinion has changed on the theory of vigging since 4.5 months ago, as well as misrepresenting it. I never said sure, merely that they had a logical suspicion, which is a very different thing.

There are specific people who as scum or town are equally non-productive (Rosso, DGB usually, though she has impressed my this game, Gimbo)
Hold on a second. DGB isnt in this game. TS is. TS is the stupid, always-scum version of DGB. Theres a reason i only invite DGB to games i Mod. :P
But, please do tell what aspect of her play in this game has 'impressed' you?

Armlx wrote:or equally extremely scummy (LML is the poster boy of this and the only example I have found).
Erm, you mean, liek...me? :shock:

Armlx wrote:Their presence in the town is rarely beneficial and as such their removal via vig at any point, even on N0, results in a net gain for the town. Said people are rarely good lynches as their behavior is rarely indicative of scum/town one way of the other and people voting them are pretty much undifferentiable in their reasons, but in the absence of better kills they are best removed from the game. Unless someone is crusading against them for their standard behavior, I won't oppose their death, but I won't actively endorse it until the better kill thing falls through.

I also found that post on WhoMe, but after that point you went back on it from what I have read.
Link then?

ftr, i still dont quite see the relevance of your discussion on vigging. I was actually expecting better. :o

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #3119 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:28 am

Post by armlx »

Erm, you mean, liek...me? Shocked
Yes. That would be where you fall.
But, please do tell what aspect of her play in this game has 'impressed' you?
Posts that look logical instead of masses of "X is scum"
ftr, i still dont quite see the relevance of your discussion on vigging. I was actually expecting better. Surprised
It explains what you were trying to call me out for as scummy.

Korlash, you are better then you give yourself credit for.

BM, that post
Battle Mage wrote:
armlx wrote:Poison death is quite interesting if it is what I think it is.

Anyways, back to where we were.

Vote Whome
Hmm
FoS: Armlx

What DO you think it is?

Also, whats with the Whome-vote?

I'll reveal my thoughts on the new kill method after Armlx has explained himself. Otherwise, the scum kill method is interesting. Not only did they apparently take note of my suggestion that Nemesis was the RB, but they also decided to intentionally allow Farside to live. Now whether that was through fear of a Doc remains to be seen, but as far as i can tell, it seems unlikely that the mafia would know there even is one. My guess is, as long as none of their members is in danger, they are allowing the Vig to live. To this end, i suggest we no longer discuss potential vig choices at the end of the day (i know this is different to what i said before, but we live and learn). Now as the vig choice last night was pretty much out of Whome? and Xtoxm, the fact that they didnt take a pop at Farside speaks volumes about Whome?.
This coupled with his behaviour at the end of yesterday make me think he is probably town, and a VERY bad play for today-hence my dislike of Armlx's opening vote.

Finally, with 3 of my high suspects dead, its time for a closer look at some other players, once we've all checked in.

BM
Its really a lot of WIFOM logic.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3120 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:31 am

Post by Matt_S »

Guys, guys. I'll happily lynch you both when I'm done lynching scum.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #3121 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:37 am

Post by armlx »

Matt_S wrote:Guys, guys. I'll happily lynch you both when I'm done lynching scum.
This post is so full of win it hurts.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3122 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:49 am

Post by killa seven »

armlx wrote:
Matt_S wrote:Guys, guys. I'll happily lynch you both when I'm done lynching scum.
This post is so full of win it hurts.
lolz
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 712 -town
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #3123 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:56 am

Post by armlx »

What? Its a very correct interpretation of the scenario.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3124 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:50 am

Post by killa seven »

i agree, i was just laughin at what you said, it was funny.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 712 -town

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”