Mafia 75: Return of the Mafia! TOWN WINS (really late)

TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3125 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:31 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

BM is the biggest cocktease this game. . . "whome is obvtown based on something previous in the game, but I'm damn sure not going to tell you what it is." That isn't really doing it for me. As for "tunnel-visioning," I've spent most of the last days going after matt_s, TS, or Kscope, mostly because whome spent most of those days doing that thing where he disappears until pressure dictates he plays.

I also honestly missed your case on armlx, I really really don't want to go back and reread either your posts or his, so just reiterate it. I'm not unwilling to lynch armlx, I just need a good reason to.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #3126 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by armlx »

I also honestly missed your case on armlx, I really really don't want to go back and reread either your posts or his, so just reiterate it. I'm not unwilling to lynch armlx, I just need a good reason to.
He basically is saying that my saying that CKD could die after the BM1 fiasco, then changing my mind after CKD self voted is scummy.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3127 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:55 am

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote:
Erm, you mean, liek...me? Shocked
Yes. That would be where you fall.
So why havent you taken this into account? Moreover, is it the case that you deem me a useless entity? Furthermore, in what manner do you think my play has contrasted between me originally playing, and me replacing back in? I understand that you may have genuinely f$$$ed up once. But why would you want to do that again?
Armlx wrote:
ftr, i still dont quite see the relevance of your discussion on vigging. I was actually expecting better. Surprised
It explains what you were trying to call me out for as scummy.
Do you not find it a tad ironic that in your discussion you point out that anyone trying to lynch me for my normal behaviour is scummy, suggest that if this occurs, i am probably town, and then proceed to fall into your own self-prompted scumtell. Inconsistency ftl.
Armlx wrote: Korlash, you are better then you give yourself credit for.
Buddying up...
Armlx wrote: BM, that post
Battle Mage wrote:
armlx wrote:Poison death is quite interesting if it is what I think it is.

Anyways, back to where we were.

Vote Whome
Hmm
FoS: Armlx

What DO you think it is?

Also, whats with the Whome-vote?

I'll reveal my thoughts on the new kill method after Armlx has explained himself. Otherwise, the scum kill method is interesting. Not only did they apparently take note of my suggestion that Nemesis was the RB, but they also decided to intentionally allow Farside to live. Now whether that was through fear of a Doc remains to be seen, but as far as i can tell, it seems unlikely that the mafia would know there even is one. My guess is, as long as none of their members is in danger, they are allowing the Vig to live. To this end, i suggest we no longer discuss potential vig choices at the end of the day (i know this is different to what i said before, but we live and learn). Now as the vig choice last night was pretty much out of Whome? and Xtoxm, the fact that they didnt take a pop at Farside speaks volumes about Whome?.
This coupled with his behaviour at the end of yesterday make me think he is probably town, and a VERY bad play for today-hence my dislike of Armlx's opening vote.

Finally, with 3 of my high suspects dead, its time for a closer look at some other players, once we've all checked in.

BM
Its really a lot of WIFOM logic.
Yeh thats it. Thanks. It could be a bit WIFOMy, but i think it's a good idea to read Whome's play at the end of the preceding day, as suggested there.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3128 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:03 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Armlx wrote:
But, please do tell what aspect of her play in this game has 'impressed' you?
Posts that look logical instead of masses of "X is scum"
Actually, i've just read her posts in isolation...and relentless, poorly backed up accusations are whats on the menu. Logical? Lol. If logical leads you to so many mislynches, i think i'll stick with my c00ky gameplay.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #3129 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:49 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

I always supported and still will support an armlx lynch.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3130 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:17 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Scope. You're a good man. <3
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3131 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:50 am

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote:
Matt_S wrote:Guys, guys. I'll happily lynch you both when I'm done lynching scum.
This post is so full of win it hurts.
so you know i'm town? :roll:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3132 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:52 am

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote:
He basically is saying that my saying that CKD could die after the BM1 fiasco, then changing my mind after CKD self voted is scummy.
Please don't answer for me. It's the height of arrogance. And it is misleading when you dont answer correctly.

TSPN- I'm writing an analysis of the entire game atm. If you dont want to read the entirety of Armlx's posts, you can wait for that.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #3133 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:48 am

Post by armlx »

So why havent you taken this into account? Moreover, is it the case that you deem me a useless entity? Furthermore, in what manner do you think my play has contrasted between me originally playing, and me replacing back in? I understand that you may have genuinely f$$$ed up once. But why would you want to do that again?
I have starting today. I now feel I have a sufficient sample size given your straight up lie about your role for pretty much no reason.
Do you not find it a tad ironic that in your discussion you point out that anyone trying to lynch me for my normal behaviour is scummy, suggest that if this occurs, i am probably town, and then proceed to fall into your own self-prompted scumtell. Inconsistency ftl.
I do not have my vote on you. I have stated I do not want to lynch you. My point was not that what you did was scummy, but the fact that said policy is the reasoning behind my actions.
so you know i'm town? Rolling Eyes
No, I think the chances of you being scum are at par with random.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3134 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote:

I have starting today. I now feel I have a sufficient sample size given your straight up lie about your role for pretty much no reason.
Grrr :evil:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3135 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by andersonw »

I have a feeling this day will last forever... I also have a feeling that my feeling will be right.

Anyways, BM has been using some not so great logic against armlx, like accusing him without any reasoning. For example, in post 3127, he accuses armlx of buddying up with Korlash when to me, it seems like armlx is just reminding Korlash that he isn't as bad as he thinks he is, nothing more. If I knew more about Korlash and if he is a good mafia player, I would have said the same thing.
That doesn't mean he's necessarily scum, it's just making the day go even longer.

btw, I also feel that BM2 is playing differently from BM1, it's just a feeling though.
armlx wrote:
Matt_S wrote:Guys, guys. I'll happily lynch you both when I'm done lynching scum.
QFTLOL
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #3136 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

BM always uses some not so great logic.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #3137 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by Korlash »

hey al I'm going on vacation here for a week. Might not be back until the 1st. I'll get on hen I can but it migth be sparadic and random.

Um... I'm hoping I get on enough no replacement should be needed... >.>

As for input right now...

What exactly are you guys arguing about? Seriously I was reading the last few posts and saw someone said something about wasting the day or something and it made me laugh... You guy don't like how Bm plays? Then stop posting little one liner posts and stop posting nonsense for him to respond to with more nonsense. find someone and attack them. question someone. If you dont think BM2 is scum then shut up about him and move on.

kale: Why? Convinse me. Make me look past Armlx's puppy dog eyes and feel the hatred I need to vote him! grrr!

CKD: really? No wayz! I didn't notice that one! gee thanks for that great content full post! (A little harsher then I planned but trying to pack a week worths of emotion into one post! No offense intended here of course <3)

Anderson: For some reason I keep getting the inpression YOUR trying to buddy up to me. Its not just from that last post, I've felt it before. I can assure you and everyone else I am buddies with as many people as I can, but I woldn't think twice to backstabbing my best friend to eat his last cupcake. So you or Armlx or BM2 or TS (<3) can say and do whatever and I'll joke around and stuff but I never take stuff like that into votes and lynches. I can assure you if I see reason to vote Armlx the fact he said what he did will have no bearing on it at all.

BM2: Hi! Watsup? How are things? Looking forward to that analysis you talked about. Also on the buddying up thing, I do find it ironic you would claim that about Armlx and *imply* it is some type of scummy behavior (yeah, mean it or not that is the implication you get from it) and then pretty much make love to kale in the next couple of posts. Just saying... Hard to accuse your wife of cheating if you just came home from a date with your secretary right? (where was my mind on this one... >.>)

Armlx: You say you don't want to lynch BM2, and you say the chances of him being scum are "random" so why are you giving him so much *useless* attention? You and him go back and forth and fill up a pagea day with quotes and stuff I never wanted to read in the first place. How about a bit more attention to those not posting all that much. i'm not sure about the others, but i feel like I've been allowed to lurk sinse I replaced in. Feels like a free ride to me. So periodic attention to others is always nice.

Ok so instead of like eplying to all this, maybe you can save it and so whenever anyone goes "Where is Korlash" you can be like *quotes* oh look he said something to armlx. And it would be like I was here all along...

And I do hope K7 speaks up while Im gone cause hes been drawing my attention recently. Would love some stuff from him to read up! ^^

Anyways... love and hugs and candy all around... Except for you! *points* you get none!!!! I'm off to Florida! *leaves*
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #3138 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:11 pm

Post by armlx »

Updated.
armlx wrote: Top tier Scummy:
Imat (lots of FOSes w/ little vote movement, wagoned TLP, sounds very opportunistic)
WhoMe? (Voting nemesis early, Tlp wagon, pushing deadline, pushing TS wagon who I now think is obv town)
killa 7 (all the things i said about antithesis lurking in plain sight)
Celebloki (Peers is capable of logic as town. He was deliberately dumb here)

Possibly scum:
skitzer (still not posting)
Tarhalidur (matt S issue seems dodgy)

???:
Surye (waiting for him to say more)
xtoxm (no freaking clue here)
Kscope (is Kscope, not getting much from GSgold either, if matt_s moves to town he prob does too)
TSN (unsure, sounds like him + matt_s fighting for no reason, null argument on both, his scum list over Rosso is looking a lot like mine AKA he was actually reading the game at that time, Kscope issue is making me wary)

Town:
Andycyca (seems conservative yet willing to do stuff, townish, but where the hell is he)
TS (actually trying to help, Incog is obv town on review for same reason)
Korlash (a lot of QuickBen's posts seem pro-town to me, could be wrong here, mno seems on par)
farside (obv)
andersonw (not a lot of posts, comes off as pro-town. Could be wrong again. Also reasons from an ongoing)
CKD (yeah, I trust him as being legit so far in his reasoning)
Matt_s (I got nothing here, all his posts are pretty neutral tell-wise IMO, Tar thing going on)
Also, I forget who the 2 people Matt_S said are town are (1 was Scope, right?) but put them as town.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3139 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:36 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

Korlash's Alaskan goodness will melt in the Florida heat.

I'm off to California until Jul 9 - I expect a complete absence. Please don't replace me, thanks.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3140 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:54 am

Post by Battle Mage »

andersonw wrote:I have a feeling this day will last forever... I also have a feeling that my feeling will be right.

Anyways, BM has been using some not so great logic against armlx, like accusing him without any reasoning. For example, in post 3127, he accuses armlx of buddying up with Korlash when to me, it seems like armlx is just reminding Korlash that he isn't as bad as he thinks he is, nothing more. If I knew more about Korlash and if he is a good mafia player, I would have said the same thing.
Personally, i wouldnt. This is Mafia, not a social meeting. It makes our job a hell of alot more difficult if people appear to be buddying up for no reason. Korlash knows he is a good mafia player, and he knows i think so. If i wanted to discuss this with him, i'd do so OUTSIDE OF THE GAME THREAD.
andersonw wrote: btw, I also feel that BM2 is playing differently from BM1, it's just a feeling though.
armlx wrote:
QFTLOL
accusing without any reasoning? sound familiar? lol

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3141 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:19 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Korlash wrote:hey al I'm going on vacation here for a week. Might not be back until the 1st. I'll get on hen I can but it migth be sparadic and random.

Um... I'm hoping I get on enough no replacement should be needed... >.>

As for input right now...

What exactly are you guys arguing about? Seriously I was reading the last few posts and saw someone said something about wasting the day or something and it made me laugh... You guy don't like how Bm plays? Then stop posting little one liner posts and stop posting nonsense for him to respond to with more nonsense. find someone and attack them. question someone. If you dont think BM2 is scum then shut up about him and move on.
Or alternatively, if they actually want me to shut up, they can do as i say. That works too. :D
Korlash wrote: BM2: Hi! Watsup? How are things? Looking forward to that analysis you talked about. Also on the buddying up thing, I do find it ironic you would claim that about Armlx and *imply* it is some type of scummy behavior (yeah, mean it or not that is the implication you get from it) and then pretty much make love to kale in the next couple of posts. Just saying... Hard to accuse your wife of cheating if you just came home from a date with your secretary right? (where was my mind on this one... >.>)
Things are good thanks. Glad you could join the party :P
I'm very tempted to quote "you pretty much make love to kale in the next couple of posts". rofl
In truth, the scenarios are different. I was complimenting Kale directly because he cast a vote for someone who i approved of lynching. Armlx on the other hand, felt the impulse to hump your leg for no reason whatsoever. lol

have fun in florida,

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3142 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:52 am

Post by Matt_S »

armlx wrote:Also, I forget who the 2 people Matt_S said are town are (1 was Scope, right?) but put them as town.
Yep, Kscope and skitzer.

I don't see how people can say BM2 is acting different than BM1. The only difference I see is that he has new suspicions, which means he isn't tunnel-visioning between games. And I look forward to BM's reread, because we all know that nobody wants to do one for themselves.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3143 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by Bogre »

The above is true, having just done a full reread. It was brutal.

Whome? seems less likely to be scum due to some of the night actions, as BM said, but I don't know if he and I are thinking about the same thing.

Right now he's just looking protown, but doing a bad job of scumhunting/defending himself.

About armlx, nothing screams out that much scum to me about him. That whole mess with him and CKD that BM is basing the majority of the lynch is more outright confusing than scummy...I mean, it's hard to keep that whole argument straight in the first place.

Anderson, however, looks very much like he's trying to bob along in other peoples wakes, sticking on their bandwagons, and to buddy up to some of the more vocal players, without sticking his neck out at all, very much trying to stay out of the spotlight.

VOTE: Anderson
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3144 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by andersonw »

Korlash wrote:Anderson: For some reason I keep getting the inpression YOUR trying to buddy up to me. Its not just from that last post, I've felt it before. I can assure you and everyone else I am buddies with as many people as I can, but I woldn't think twice to backstabbing my best friend to eat his last cupcake. So you or Armlx or BM2 or TS (<3) can say and do whatever and I'll joke around and stuff but I never take stuff like that into votes and lynches. I can assure you if I see reason to vote Armlx the fact he said what he did will have no bearing on it at all.
Sorry if I gave you that impression. The truth is that I wanted to point out one of BM's sorta bad logic. Also, could you explain your last 2 sentences more? I don't seem to get what they mean.
BM wrote:accusing without any reasoning? sound familiar? lol
That's why I said it was just a feeling, nothing more.
Bogre wrote: Anderson, however, looks very much like he's trying to bob along in other peoples wakes, sticking on their bandwagons, and to buddy up to some of the more vocal players, without sticking his neck out at all, very much trying to stay out of the spotlight.

VOTE: Anderson
Could you point out some examples, please? Besides Korlash.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3145 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by Bogre »

andersonw wrote: Anyways, BM has been using some not so great logic against armlx, like accusing him without any reasoning. For example, in post 3127, he accuses armlx of buddying up with Korlash when to me, it seems like armlx is just reminding Korlash that he isn't as bad as he thinks he is, nothing more. If I knew more about Korlash and if he is a good mafia player, I would have said the same thing.
That doesn't mean he's necessarily scum, it's just making the day go even longer.
Armlx, also. You also try to halfheartedly throw out suspicion on BM without trying to sound very passionate about it...it looks like you're not trying to get BM interested in you.
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3146 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by Bogre »

Secondly: Celebloki....where is he and why isn't he posting?
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #3147 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:07 pm

Post by armlx »

Bloki is sorta disappearing everywhere I think. A mod prod may be in order.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3148 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:28 am

Post by farside22 »

The mod needs to update the vote count too please.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3149 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Prodding Celebloki.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”