icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:49 am

Post by icemanE »

This recent TSQ seems nothing like the one that came into this game. First off, what happened to the avatar (jk, but really, where is it)? Also, I'm used to seeing big analytical posts instead of one liners vote-only posts.

Anyways,

mod: are you counting TSQ's vote despite the lack of an unvote?

Regardless of Jo's allegiance we will be in a good position tomorrow - especially after I get a little more 'information' tonight!
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:03 am

Post by TDC »

*sigh*
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:06 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

The success of iceman's desperate flailings astounds me.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:10 am

Post by icemanE »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:The success of iceman's desperate flailings astounds me.
You'll be more astounded if I help us win the game, which is my intent. :?
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:25 am

I will be. If that happens.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:33 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

hi. I already know the relevent roles in this game, so I didn't feel compelled to wait for a claim.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:34 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

unvote, vote joohoono

If the mod cares. It was clearly my intent to hammer.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:39 am

Post by FaerieLord »

Then why did you go ballista when Greasy hammered TSQ?
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:19 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Because I'm a DOUCHE.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:42 am

Post by FaerieLord »

That doesn't quite cut it for me Shea
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:50 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Johoohno 6
-
Faerielord, Celebloki, TDC, icemanE, Greasy Spot, Thestatusquo

icemanE 3-
Lowell, Sir Tornado, TheSweatpantsNinja

FaerieLord 1-
Johoohno

With 6 votes,
Johoohno
(
Mafia Goon
) has been lynched. Those with night actions have until
Monday, July 23rd
to get them to me.

Also, unvoting is a convenience to me, so I ask that you do it. Forgetting every once in a while is okay, I'm not too strict on it. But don't make a habit of it.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:47 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

And as the third day dawns, you glance at the newspaper:

Greasy Spot
, longtime underground medical practitioner, has been murdered. The doctor was apparantly killed with two collectible figurines in a rice field, making it Mafiascum.net's first recorded case of a knick-knack patty whack.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:09 pm

Post by FaerieLord »

Wow, how did I expect this? Now, whose next? (*Rereads*)
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:05 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Bah!!
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:20 am

Post by TDC »

icemanE wrote: Regardless of Jo's allegiance we will be in a good position tomorrow - especially after I get a little more 'information' tonight!
So.. ?
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:05 am

Post by icemanE »

Well, when someone dies I like to look back and do a little PBPA.

Johoono:

Post 1: Says he doesn't like random voting - votes Zeek for being the last to confirm.

2: Does a sum-up of the first page, which is filled mostly with "X random voted for Y", seems a strange thing to do for someone who dislikes random voting. In this post he begins and argument with Captain Cake (Celebloki) about whether or not Jo's vote on Zeek was actually a random vote (which when you get right down to it, it was).
This look suspicious because scum have a harder time with random voting, since for them, it isn't random at all. The fact that Jo would defend his vote against Cake's assertion that it isn't random is strange.

3. Calls Cake a sloppy reader of posts.

4. Says he understands where Cake is coming from - explains that he thinks being the last to confirm is a scum-tell (really?) - says they should stop arguing because
It's easy for scum to hide by agreeing or staying silent.
5. Tells Greasy Spot and I we should start scumhunting.

6. Agrees with TSPN who told mafiaSSK (TSQ) he should not answer people's questions for them.

I'm going to post these 6 points at a time so I don't lost everything with one unfortunate click.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:22 am

Post by TDC »

How about you use a text editor write it there and then just paste it into the reply box?
Please don't.. octo-post.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:35 am

Post by icemanE »

7. Sums up the case on Zeek:
The case on ZeekLTK as I see it:
• Last to confirm (weak scum tell as said before).
• Eager to vote for CaptainCake - #55 – (has been brushed away as a joke, but it really didn’t sit well with the crowd here).
• Illogical posts (#76) which is commented in #85 by CaptainCake. This is something ZeekLTK avoids responding to, instead he moves on to something else, namely the votes on himself (#87 & #88).
• Doesn’t really explain his vote on CaptainCake which he also kept all the way up to #105.
He then removes his vote from Zeek.

8. Challenges mafiaSSK (TSQ) for keeping his vote on Nano (Sir Tornado).

9. Agrees with TSPN on his vote for mafiaSSK (TSQ), citing that he had earlier tried to get mafiaSSK to post more content, but that it didn't work, so he thought a vote was necessary to motivate him. Mentions that his FoS on Zeek is still strong.

10. Explains to Lowell that he moved his vote to mafiaSSK from Zeek for two reasons. 1 - Zeek was close to a lynch and Jo wasn't ready yet (
an interesting tactic for scum
), and 2 - he had tried to get mafia to post by FoSing him but it didn't work, so he voted for him instead. He then harps on Zeek for his diminished post frequency.

11. Huge analysis post of all players. I will run down the list and cite whether he paints them as protown, scum, or middling.

Cake - Middling (says nothing about Cake really, simply asks him to post when he returns to the game).
FL - Middling (agrees on Zeek case but accuses FL of rolefishing)
GS - Middling (wants him to post more useful content)
Ice - Scum (Accuses me of pretending to be a newbie, says my playstyle has changed)
MafiaSSK - Scum (speculates on an Ice - MafiaSSK scumteam. Asks mafia to post more content and read through a few games to get the idea of how to play)
Marmalade - Protown (agrees with most of what Marmalade says, and for some reason mentions this:
Keeps kind of a low profile (though more active than me).... Seem to be a cautious player, not wanting to stick out.
For someone painted in a protown light this does not sound like protown behaivior - it sounds like Jo is defending lurking, which he mentions very often that he hates

Nano - Scum (for lurking)
Lowell - Middling (agrees with some of his posts, disagrees with others, and oddly, gets mad at Lowell for saying Nano is town (because "that will make him post even less)).
TDC - Scum (Three points against TDC:
Tries to appear town a bit much in the beginning (89), tries to spread paranoia with your speculation on two scum groups (127). Is also kind of defensive in the retort to ZeekLTK (207).
The "tries to appear town" segment of the quote sounds off to me - it sounds like something one partner would try to slip in to assist another. This sounds more like an advice post, combined with distancing, than an actual accusation of anything

TSPN - Middling (Accuses TSPN of not scum hunting, asks why he thinks Zeek is protown)
Zeek - Scum (accuses him of OMGUS, not scumhunting, vote-hopping, and framing, all in one post)

Jo summarizes this post by saying he feels his vote on mafiaSSK is still justified.
He also keeps his FoS on Zeek. It seems bizarre that his vote is still on mafia after the much stronger points he brought up against Zeek and TDC.

12. Goes back on his lurker hate by saying to TSPN that there are more townies than scum, and therefore probably more lurking townies than lurking scum. He is now defending lurkers. Argues with FL that it doesn't matter if Zeek claims or not, because he's never witnessed a 'town-favourable-day-one-claim'.
I don't know how I didn't catch how scummy this post is earlier - gee whiz
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:38 am

Vote surye.

Johoohno never really took a position on marmalade one way or another, and tellingly, when gs voted for johoohno, marmalade asked, "is that a random vote?" Sort of like, "are you voting for my partner for a good reason?"

Now, surye didn't post much in this game because of real-life stuff, which I buy because he's been pretty quiet in other games I'm in with him, but he did say, just as the heat was rising on johoohno, "I'm considering putting ice at L-1." Like he was trying to derail the wagon.

Also, sorry, iceman, and we probably need to know all your information by the end of today.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:40 am

Post by icemanE »

TDC wrote:How about you use a text editor write it there and then just paste it into the reply box?
Please don't.. octo-post.
I'll do what I can to consolidate, if it helps, but I'll be back and forth on two computers all day and I don't have my flash drive handy...
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:03 am

Post by icemanE »

13. Justifies to TSPN that his accusation against TSPN (not scumhunthing) is valid - he claims that pursuing lurkers is not scumhunting, and yet he has explained that his vote is on mafiaSSK, in large part, for his lurker tendencies.

14. Wants Grease to scumhunt, tells TDC that claims are more important than he says they are, and tells me to do an unvote before a vote for it to count - note that I was voting for mafiaSSK at the time.
My suspicion of MafiaSSK (TSQ) has begun to fall, during this PBPA - with a confirmed scum we can get a decent idea of who is and isn't scum through the confirmed scum's interations - he hounds mafiaSSK hard, and even corrects me to assure my vote on him will be counted. It's either hardcore bussing or it's the same as his cases on Grease and Zeek, who were both town

15. Says he thinks his vote on MafiaSSK is still legitimate, but the wants the replacement to come in before anyone kills him.

16. Takes a jab at Zeek for unvoting when he wasn't voting for anyone. FoS's me for the role-speculation.

17. Wants mod to find replacements for inactive players.

18. Justifies his FoS AGAIN on Zeek, but says he'll leave his vote on mafiaSSK to deliver pressure for the replacement.
The connection between mafiaSSK and Johoono is very hard to read - Jo continues to bring points against Zeek but refuses to take his vote off of mafiaSSK. He is either set on getting mafiaSSK lynched for some reason or he is trying to motivate his partner to play - the former seems more likely.

19. Says he's still waiting for the replacements and GS's catch-up post.

20. Says he either wants the replacements soon or he may have to do some rethinking.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:29 am

Post by icemanE »

21. Asks Zeek to prep questions for the replacements. Asks the replacements for their perspectives.

22. unvotes mafiaSSK (now TSQ). Says his vote was there to deliver pressure, and now that TSQ has started posting big, he thinks he doesn't need it on him anymore.

23. Says he still isn't ready to lynch Zeek, among other things, like that he disagrees with people following TSQ and that he's surprised that TSPN is defending himself against TSQ.
I'd like some opinions on this: why do you think Jo, who is scum, was so reluctant to lynch? Why does he want the lurkers to start playing - he mentions it time and time again - he continually says he doesn't want to lynch until the replacements arrive, and once they do he unvotes. This is bizarre scum-play, he is against lynching for a good portion of the game, and the whole idea of being scum is to eliminate town, and Zeek was an easy target. Why the focus on mafiaSSK/TSQ?

24. Brings a couple points against FL, like starting a "claim-train". Says he isn't fence-sitting.

25. votes for GS - says that even if he's town he's not helpful.

26. unvotes after GS claims, awaits a CC.

27. Asks FL for clarification.

28. Says he's still waiting for a CC.

29. Asks GS if he "knows something of the game setup," because GS made the assumption that he was the only doc-type role in the game.
I think that's a valid assumption, if you know you're the doc, which he did, in a mini-game.

30. Claims not-doc. Votes Captain Cake to "wake up the lurkers".

31. Says TSQ is stretching the truth a little to say that if someone CC's GS we've caught scum.
This seems an odd comment coming from scum - he knows GS isn't scum. Why would he bother to say something like that?

32. Says he's not interested in voting GS. Wants Captain Cake to come back and do an analysis.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:11 am

Post by icemanE »

33. Asks if Surye's FoS on GS is doubting his claim.

34. Says he's waiting for Cele's catch-up.

35. Agrees w/ Cele's case on Lowell. However, he says he disagrees w/ Cele's list of protown players, which is as follows:

TSPN
FL
GS(hes doomed to be NKed imo)
and I get some Pro-town vibes off of TSQ.

Looking at this list, it's tough to argue that TSPN and GS are not town at this stage in the game. That leaves TSQ and FL. FL is obvious, because FL was the major opponent of Johoono. TSQ is a little shakier - I'm curious why you all think he was on Cele's protown list, and whether or not you think he was one of those that Jo disagreed with, and if so, why?

36. An EBWOP.

37. Says he'll catch up - unvotes.

Note: This analysis covers everything up to page 28. From this point forward Jo's primary focus is arguing with FL about why he shouldn't be lynched. It would take up a lot of space to cover all that, and since it's only three pages back I figure you can review that piece of it yourselves. However, there is one more crucial review post that I feel needs to be covered, that being post 699. I will go over it much as I did his other general analysis post, but this time, I will cite whether his opinion is consistent, or has flipped.

Cele (Middling; consistent) - Says he's stalling, following others, and that he has a hard time getting a good read on him - the options Jo provides are scum or inexperienced town.
FL (scum; raised from middling) - Cites suspicions from day 1 and the wagon FL started on him, talks about lurker policy.
GS (Town; lowered from middling) - No one CC'd the doc claim.
Iceman (Middling; Consistent) - "Still on line between newbie scum and newbie town."
TSQ (Scum; consistent) - For getting Zeek wagon rolling on D2, calls him shifty, says he tried to save myself and FL through his town list.
Surye (Middling, lowered from town) - Says he thought marmalade was protown, but that Surye hasn't said enough to judge.
Sir T - (Middling; raised from scum) - Ditto latter half of above.
Lowell - (Middling; consistent) - Agrees with the anti-not-doc claiming idea. Also agrees with my case on Lowell.
TDC - (Middling; raised from scum) - Says he's hard to read and "stays just above the lurking surface.
Note: The previous four seem like breeze-overs in comparison to his others, which are brief but more substantial.

TSPN - (Town; lowered from middling) - Proven town by GS doc prot on N1.

He then comments that he thinks FL and TSQ are a scumteam, and votes FL.

Overall points to consider:

1. Perhaps the biggest question raised by Jo's posts is: what's his connection to the lurkers? He is constantly flip-flopping on his position on them, one minute voting them into posting and defending them the next. Especially noteworthy are Surye, TDC, and Sir T.
2. Also, before my PBPA I was suspicious of mafiaSSK/TSQ, but due to the fact that Jo is confirmed scum, in looking at his interactions with TSQ, it's tough to believe Jo would hammer him that hard if he were his partner.
3. Additionally, it would be hard to believe that FL is scum judging by Day 2.

My list of potential scum at this stage in the game:

- Surye
- Cele
- Sir T
- TDC
- Lowell

That is in order from scummiest to least scummy.

Therefore,
vote: Surye
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:13 am

Post by Surye »

The only thing you have is that I have no been as active as my predicessor, but I have not been replace, and I will be coming back to the game more today or tomorrow. Working full time and taking 2 condensed courses is kicking my ass, but I will be participating.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:13 am

Post by Lowell »

This game got lost in the shuffle. Getting back into things now.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”