Newbie 594: (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:47 am

Post by Nocmen »

I really think upon a reread that we can trust ZF here, just from the way BW attacked him. I think that really was a newbie attack, and that changes my gut to trust what ZF has said now.

But this post:
BlackWolf wrote:
Vote : silence

If it approaches deadline, then I'll probably switch to Weilawei, second candidate for scum.
Makes me really uneasy and I think he was trying to avoid voting his scum buddy.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:20 am

Post by zu_Faul »

Are you implying weilawei was his scumbuddy or silence?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:50 am

Post by Nocmen »

Weilawei. I'm thinking that BW was being very, very cautious about attacking his buddy, and didn't want to when he made that post.
Game and Watch Forever
Game and Watch Forever
Townie
Game and Watch Forever
Townie
Townie

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:14 am

Post by Game and Watch Forever »

Wow, my predecessor sure put me in the hole. ^^;;

Okay, I finally finished it all. And I must say I don't know if I like how D2 went. There seemed to be too much speculation on the possibility of cop/doc and not enough on other things, as silence pointed out.

I really need to do rereading on specifics before I can actually cast real suspicion. Mostly the going-ons between everyone alive and how much was really said in D2 that wasn't cop/doc conversation. It almost felt like discussing strategy was just a distraction from scumhunting.

It may take another day before I give said information, since my internet's being rather annoying. I wish I could explain weilawei's actions, but I don't quite understand them myself. . . only numbers I understand are the votes needed to lynch scum.

If you want gut feelings (with little confidence behind them thus far): Nocmen bothers me most.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:53 am

Post by zu_Faul »

Can everyone make a list and order everyone from scummiest to non-scummiest?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:05 am

Post by Nocmen »

My list:

1. Game and Watch Forever
2. silence
3. zu_faul
4. Atticus
Game and Watch Forever
Game and Watch Forever
Townie
Game and Watch Forever
Townie
Townie

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:13 pm

Okay, I reread D2. I'd really hate to look back at D1, but I will if I can't decide based on the results of the points I try to present.

Personally, I feel it's between Nocmen and silence.

Atticus: zu_Faul had asked for
everyone's
opinions of Bat and Wei. Bat was also waiting on a response from Wei. As Atticus pointed out, none of us seem like idiots, so surely you noted this when you cast that vote? Was it really worth doing without waiting a bit?

Silence: Two things bother me. The fact that he kinda sat back and let the town lynch each other at first and is now speaking significantly more where it becomes necessary since the remaining scum needs to get the town to side with him. Second thing is. . . I believe I found a point where we left the cop/doc talk and move on to discussing whether my predecessor (and now me, I guess. . .) is scum or not. He winds up bringing up the cop/doc thing again and then says he's sticking to thinking zu is most suspicious, but I'm unsure if he ever explained why. Today, Nocmen says he doubts there's a cop/doc, which sounds like a pretty simple statement to me, but Silence questions it and there's some discussion over it. I just don't really see it as needed at this point. Is it really that necessary to delve further into that subject when we should be focused on finding the scum left among us?

zu just strikes me as too neutral compared to the others and Atticus gives me townie vibes.

So if you want my list:
1. Silence
2. Nocmen
3. zu_Faul
4. Atticus
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:36 am

Post by Atticus »

GNWF wrote:so surely you noted this when you cast that vote? Was it really worth doing without waiting a bit?
Sorry, I don't recall voting on day 2.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Game and Watch Forever
Game and Watch Forever
Townie
Game and Watch Forever
Townie
Townie

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:17 am

Shit. Why did I say you? I meant to direct that to Nocmen. My mistake. Guess I got ahead of myself when I typed that. . .
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:56 am

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count:
Game and Watch Forever (1): Atticus

Not voting (4): Game and Watch Forever, silence, zu_faul, Nocmen

With 5 alive it is 3 to lynch.
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by silence »

Game and Watch Forever wrote:Second thing is. . . I believe I found a point where we left the cop/doc talk and move on to discussing whether my predecessor (and now me, I guess. . .) is scum or not.
I believed we should have talked more about that, the correct strategy was not completely analyzed (at least nobody posted any calculations). It need not have prohibited discussion about whether you (weilawei) are scum, it's not like the amount of posts is somehow restricted.
Game and Watch Forever wrote:he's sticking to thinking zu is most suspicious, but I'm unsure if he ever explained why.
I referred to my accusation from D1, explained during D1, in post 291:
silence wrote: Posts ~155-174: Nocmen puts Rickeon at L-1. BlackWolf states he won´t vote because it's L-1. Then zu_Faul switches his vote. On post 174 zu_Faul attacks three other people but not BlackWolf about 'possibly warning their partner about the L-1', when BlackWolf was the one who most obviously warned everyone about L-1. This makes any sense (except as a mistake) only if zu_Faul is scum with BlackWolf and therefore does not want to attack him. After BlackWolf's post the Rickeon bandwagon does not have much changes to cause a mishammer and thus zu_Faul switches his vote. FoS: zu_Faul, BlackWolf[/b]"
Game and Watch Forever wrote:oday, Nocmen says he doubts there's a cop/doc, which sounds like a pretty simple statement to me, but Silence questions it and there's some discussion over it. I just don't really see it as needed at this point. Is it really that necessary to delve further into that subject when we should be focused on finding the scum left among us?
Am I the only one to think "I have reason to believe" is a pretty strange way to state something if one does not have a private reason? I was curious about this wording, especially as during D2 Nocmen used "I have reason" to state that there probably _is_ cop&doc (which I (naively,stupidly?) read as hinting that he is a powerrole and was surprised when he was not nightkilled). But the explanation he gave about gorillaman was satisfying to me, so no more about that.

I cannot comment anything special on your first point, I only hope that you believe my inactivity is due laziness and not having anything worth saying, not due intentionally sitting back.
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by silence »

My list, from most to least likely to be scum.

1. Nocmen

- Hammering D2 when there where questions waiting to be answered (and without forcing me to contribute much).

2. zu_Faul

- my suspicion from D1 still stand. See last post.

3. Atticus

- Suggesting a weilawei lynch today for a non-game-related reason.

4. Game and Watch Forever
Game and Watch Forever
Game and Watch Forever
Townie
Game and Watch Forever
Townie
Townie

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:30 am

Fair enough. I mostly wanted to hear where you mentioned your reason for zu_Faul. Dunno what to think yet, but it makes me feel a little better. I'm also a little surprised I'm last on your list.

One more question to everyone this time: What was your opinion of gorillaman yesterday?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:43 am

Post by Nocmen »

As for why I voted so quickly Day 2... I feel that a lot of my post with the hammer explained it, but I suppose I can add more. It seemed that at that point, we had him cornered, and it was the perfect opportunity to take out someone who I thought was scum. If he wasn't scum, it wouldn't be game over right away. The only thing we had to lose was him as a townie, while if I waited we may not have had as good an opportunity to lynch and see if he really was town.

As for gorillaman, he definitely cleared himself up day 2, he seemed pretty townie in my eyes. Also, even though this may hurt me saying it, he was my prime candidate for who would be a Doc in this game.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:04 am

Post by zu_Faul »

Atticus, could you make a list as well please?
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:10 am

Post by silence »

Nocmen wrote:As for why I voted so quickly Day 2... I feel that a lot of my post with the hammer explained it, but I suppose I can add more. It seemed that at that point, we had him cornered, and it was the perfect opportunity to take out someone who I thought was scum. If he wasn't scum, it wouldn't be game over right away. The only thing we had to lose was him as a townie, while if I waited we may not have had as good an opportunity to lynch and see if he really was town.
This still does not make any sense to me. Why could not we have lynched him later? Only reason for that would have been that we had found an even better candidate. Why not let this happen?
Game and Watch Forever wrote:One more question to everyone this time: What was your opinion of gorillaman yesterday?
Had no specific reads about him. Probably town. And as you see from my D1-list, I considered him the least likely to be scum. N1 and D2 discussion didn't change my opinions much.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by Nocmen »

One of the biggest things I don't understand from silence:
silence wrote:
Nocmen wrote:The main problem that can happen, though, is if the doc is lynched today.
Maybe the cop should come out only after we have agreed who to lynch, and that person has not claimed doc.
It just makes me uneasy. The problem with the idea though is that the doc would still be lynched, and I really think he wanted to have a clear target as who would be the Cop in this case.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:47 am

Post by Atticus »

Surely, zu.

GNFW
silence
zuFaul
Nocmen
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:57 am

Post by Nocmen »

So, if we look at the list all 5 of us have:

ZF:
zu_Faul wrote: 1. Atticus
2. Game and Watch / Weilawei
3. Nocmen
4. Silence
Me:
Nocmen wrote: 1. Game and Watch Forever
2. silence
3. zu_faul
4. Atticus
GnWF:
Game and Watch Forever wrote: So if you want my list:
1. Silence
2. Nocmen
3. zu_Faul
4. Atticus
silence:
silence wrote:
1. Nocmen
2. zu_Faul
3. Atticus
4. Game and Watch Forever
Atticus:
Atticus wrote: GNFW
silence
zuFaul
Nocmen
4 Different people are beleived to be the most scummy. The only one that is a repeat is GnWF, which is top suspected by me and Atticus. The only one not suspected in spot one is ZF.

A few other things:
Atticus is pretty low on everyone's list, except for ZF's.
Me and Silence are all over the place in our rankings.
GnWF is near the top, beside's silence's list.

However, we can not really look at the posts and try to figure out associations, as we know that there isn't actually any any associations between the living to be made, because there can only be 1 scum still alive.
Game and Watch Forever
Game and Watch Forever
Townie
Game and Watch Forever
Townie
Townie

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:18 am

I think you can effectively swap the top two in my list now. . . though I'm still not confident in how I feel about that. There's just something that troubles me. I'll post about it tomorrow since my time today is limited.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by Atticus »

I'm gonna go with a postulate found in the textbook Atticusology, Level 3: Postulate 5.3: I'm (almost) always right. let's lynch GNFW.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:55 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Well, if you go along with that, we have me and GNWF as the top two , each with being found most suspicious by two people. Take that as you will.
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:12 pm

Post by silence »

Nocmen wrote:It just makes me uneasy. The problem with the idea though is that the doc would still be lynched, and I really think he wanted to have a clear target as who would be the Cop in this case.
Maybe you misunderstood somehow. The doc would not be lynched as obviously we would pick another target if the candidate claims doc. Also, this gives no 'clear target as who would be the Cop', because the cop doesn't claim if the doc has claimed (which was the point of the idea).
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:09 am

Post by zu_Faul »

Considering I've been wrong and you all have been right all game, I'd say Atticus is town ;)

I thought Gorillaman was scum.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:14 am

Post by bird1111 »

Why is this game dying?

Prodding everyone.

Also, leaving tommorow until the 21st. Will find someone to take over for me during that time.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”