Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4275 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:41 am

Post by Lady 2 »

I'm too old for pulling even a semi-all nighter. And My brain is friend for [presentation IRL type stuff but nonspecific here] where I will have to discuss things with LOGIC and REASON. But I will credit you guys for making me fall in love with the game of Mafia all over again.

G2, L9 is scum

In post 2998, Gentleman 7 wrote:Okay, so the next little bit is pretty much the same thing.

Can we lynch G8/L5 first?
1. They're both pretty scummy and I feel fairly confident at least 1 will flip scum (probably not both, though).
2. They're going to be lynched anyways and we might as well do it now. I'd rather have more information from that lynch first.
3. This will give me time to read and try to make an informed opinion that lets me sort through the noise a bit better?
4. This lets other people in thread cool their heads.

VOTE: Gentleman 8
In post 3005, Gentleman 7 wrote:
In post 3001, Gentleman 6 wrote:L9 where is your catch up...
L7 do you have any reads L4 do you have any reads
I have reads but I'm keeping them in the PT.
Still haven't looked at G5, and I'm liking L8 less for her posts recently. They feel like they're just to throw doubt around in an unfocused way.

If G8 is scum, I'd be okay with a L2 lynch after.
I don't see them pairing up if they're both scum because I feel like L2 could be town who can live for a long time and G8 would be more of a burden. Yes, it's possible that G8 randomly invited L7 and then L5, but I don't really know, especially when anyone could just read a couple random pages and decide to keep L5 around.

I'm bad at reading AtE, though I think L5 isn't scum, but I still don't feel confident in that. I think 1 person in that team is scum.

G6, was it you who wanted G5 to die first? Why are they a better pick over L5/G8 for being first?

P-edit. Oh, I just realized you weren't talking to me. Oh well.
This is why I have ruled out G1/G8 as a pair. Because G7 would not have hard pushed a lynch on one (G8) of his two buddies to directly set up a lynch on his other buddy (G1) by virtue of his buddy's partner (L2) supposedly being scum with the first (G8). That's a very extremely risky hard bus for that stage of the game. Nah, if G8 is scum with G7, G7 is setting up a mislynch on a T-T pair here. And if G8 is Town G7 is just working on a mislynch and can go on his merry way regardless of G1's alignment when L8 flips T. This is why I don't think this logic holds true of G1/L5 as a pair - if he gets that lynch and it's T-S but L5 flips scum and G8 Town, G7 doesn't push on to push G1/L2 because L5-scum doesn't imply L2-scum like G8-scum does by his argument.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4276 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:44 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 4267, Lady 9 wrote:Lady 2 the big question is if I'm scum who is my partner, I don't get why you want me to die before figuring that out? Like, if you've made up your mind, seeing my flip isn't going to bring new info. And I was kind of expecting more written than just "Big paranoi" and "plausible" twice

Can you talk about the G7 stuff you're looking at day 1, how does that relate to a G1/G8 pair?
In post 4257, Lady 2 wrote:I think L5 made a decent point about G8/L9 maybe being less likely but I can reevaluate in a bit pending flip
Why do you need my flip to reevaluate? Shouldn't you be doing this all now?

It's not like g2 is going to flip scum
Okay based on right now L5/L9 team value has SKYROCKETED if you're asking

I don't blame you at least for trying to turn on me but L9 is very obviously scum flailing here.
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4277 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:45 am

Post by Lady 9 »

Here's where that falls apart:

Lady 7 said numerous times that she was going to leave. Scum knew it. Thinking that G7 was planning to actually go through with two lynches on mafia is. He was not expecting to be the last mafia alive. He would have never gotten to the 'lynch G1' part.

Here's a question: Why is scum G7 trying to setup a mislynch on your pair when you're talking about how you're planning on leaving the dance in your every other post? By your logic, wouldn't he be relying on your "T-T" pair to suicide?

He's setting up associations, so you can win the game
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4278 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:49 am

Post by Lady 9 »

In post 4276, Lady 2 wrote:Okay based on right now L5/L9 team value has SKYROCKETED if you're asking
I'm not sure how to interpret this other than you fully committing after a push on you
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4279 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:51 am

Post by Lady 9 »

@Gent 1
did L2 tell you she was feeling better about you in the pt after your recent discussion, or allude at it, without saying so in the main thread?

Think about it
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4280 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:56 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 3820, Gentleman 7 wrote:
In post 3810, Lady 5 wrote:I did a NK PoE.
The only world where G5 and L4 did is where at least one of L6/L9 is Mafia

I was going to say this:
Ok so that was depressing.

Anyway, the only way Town Wins is if both @G5 and @G3 trust in me.
As you two are the two I KNOW by PoE are not Scum. However 1 of L6, L4 and G8 is prob Scum.
The best option we have right now is to lynch G1/L2 and G7/L7.
If we do that, we should have a chance to win.

As G2/L9 should have been the obvious kill but not I got to rethink things.
I agree with this, but I think G3/L6 is likely town. L9 is almost certainly mafia, I don't see why mafia wouldn't have killed that pair otherwise. The only other option is that they have a S/S pair.

Regardless,
G2 should not leave
until there is at least 1 scum flip, probably 2. Because there's nothing that such a flip would gain.

VOTE: G1, this pair should not stick around for longer than now.
However, if you guys want to get rid of us, do it by lynch rather than by leaving, because if she leaves then you just get a T/T flip and nothing else.
Only after this post does he agree with G3's assessment of which pairs can stay or go. He wanted to lynch L5/G8, then my pair, then possibly pivot. He had already said he did not want you one until ideally two scum were dead.

Preview edit: No, L7 made no concrete statement about plans to leave prior to the day before she left, scum did not have the ability to plan extensively around her leaving when she did.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4281 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:01 am

Post by Lady 2 »

The reason I asked G2 to leave is because I'm sure you're scum and I'm not sure of your partner and I think it
might
be L1. At least I can get red on the board while everyone else posts and I can read them and their reactions

L5 making a real good case for herself as your buddy right now though
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4282 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:02 am

Post by Lady 9 »

In post 3848, Lady 7 wrote:I don’t have a tangible reason to think g7 is scum, some of it is just a flat tone and sometimes the sense that sometimes he’s posting what he thinks town him would post, but that one is difficult to be confident about without knowing the main.

So that’s where I’m at, a big fat no place. I don’t know how g6 thought so many people were being obvtown here. I’m not sure if it’s because I’m super rusty, or if obvtown has become such a useless commodity these days p, but I just don’t see it. And normally, I’d step in and try to be a guide, but it’s difficult when you’re tethered to someone you’re not sure is town. Right now I’m trying to figure out if I should try to get a scum lynch or if I should leave. It’s weird.

Anyway it’d be really nice if the town in this town started acting like it.
From before intermission, and I'm not sure- what she said in her pt. Regardless, it's a good bet that scum had some inkling that that pair wasn't going to survive with Lady 7
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4283 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:02 am

Post by Lady 9 »

Correction: This is just after intermission
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4284 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:03 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 4234, Lady 5 wrote:Actually, L9 is either just scum or not paying attention to the game.

If I was scum and the TvT pairings are G3/L6 and G2/L9, it makes very little sense for me to specifically shut down G2's leave offer and box myself into reassessing after the G3/L6 townflips.
In post 4271, Lady 5 wrote:I'm convinced.

I'm prepared to leave, G2. I think your pair is the TvT pair currently, but I will stay to talk if you need more.
This is a bizarre pivot in the space of like a page is all.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4285 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:04 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 4282, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 3848, Lady 7 wrote:I don’t have a tangible reason to think g7 is scum, some of it is just a flat tone and sometimes the sense that sometimes he’s posting what he thinks town him would post, but that one is difficult to be confident about without knowing the main.

So that’s where I’m at, a big fat no place. I don’t know how g6 thought so many people were being obvtown here. I’m not sure if it’s because I’m super rusty, or if obvtown has become such a useless commodity these days p, but I just don’t see it. And normally, I’d step in and try to be a guide, but it’s difficult when you’re tethered to someone you’re not sure is town. Right now I’m trying to figure out if I should try to get a scum lynch or if I should leave. It’s weird.

Anyway it’d be really nice if the town in this town started acting like it.
From before intermission, and I'm not sure- what she said in her pt. Regardless, it's a good bet that scum had some inkling that that pair wasn't going to survive with Lady 7
In post 4283, Lady 9 wrote:Correction: This is just after intermission
That's not evidence of a plan to leave and you know it.
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4286 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:05 am

Post by Lady 9 »

Gent 7 also said that G3/L6 were town, and scum really needed that lynch for a chance to win.

It's really obvious that Gent 7 was never planning to be the last person alive. He was spewing associatives on purpose. He was trying to make me look bad so you guys would lynch me (She's scum, but we'll lynch her last!). He was trying to make it look like he was trying to lynch your pair so you could reconsider your decision to leave, so you could live to the end, because everybody townread you, but not your partner
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4287 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:08 am

Post by Lady 9 »

So let me get this straight

In your pt, you tell Gent 1 you are feeling better about him - I've noticed you have not denied this, nor do you seem to 'suspect' that G1gent 1 told me anymore.

You tell Gent 2 to leave. Let's assume he does leave, and that I flip scum

Then you do, what? You say: actually guys, I figured out that Gent 1 is town, so we're going to lynch gent 8/lady 5 now
EVEN THOUGH it was looking pretty clear that neither of them were considering leaving, and it requires 3 votes with 4 people alive? Why not just say you townread gent 1 ahead of time?

The answer is it doesn't matter, because the game ends when I'm lynched, and you just need to tide Gent 1 over until then
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4288 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:09 am

Post by Lady 9 »

In post 4281, Lady 2 wrote:The reason I asked G2 to leave is because I'm scum
fixed :good:
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4289 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:10 am

Post by Lady 9 »

All of a sudden she got real convinced that her partner isn't scum, even though she supposedly had paranoi earlier, and all she could say for me/l5 earlier was "plausible"
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4290 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:11 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 4287, Lady 9 wrote:In your pt, you tell Gent 1 you are feeling better about him - I've noticed you have not denied this, nor do you seem to 'suspect' that G1gent 1 told me anymore.
I told him no such thing, scum
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4291 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:11 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 4289, Lady 9 wrote:All of a sudden she got real convinced that her partner isn't scum, even though she supposedly had paranoi earlier, and all she could say for me/l5 earlier was "plausible"
L5's hard pivot was REALLY OBVIOUS
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4292 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:12 am

Post by Lady 2 »

I'm not 100% it's her with you I guess but it was very striking. I do actually now have a pair I can be okay with myself hinging the game on.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4293 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:15 am

Post by Lady 2 »

Look I need to go to work and do stuff. G2, you have questions, hit me up, I'll be around this morning.

Please let's try to settle it ASAP as mentioned I'm V/LA from this evening through deadline.
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4294 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:16 am

Post by Lady 9 »

Let me make something clear

G2 is a lot less inclined to leave than he lets on. I don't know what he's thinking, exactly, we'll figure out when he next comes on, hopefully, but he basically told me that he didn't have a read on me but wanted to see how other people reacted
And boy, you showed your hand on that one
In post 4052, Gentleman 2 wrote:I kinda pressed her a little in our pt and her defense was that she was as mystified by the gamestate as i was and therefore coudlnt be much help to me.
Also, this wasn't true, or at least I'd argue that it wasn't really true (we were both kind of inactive, but I definitely never just brushed off what he was saying) - I didn't argue against it at the time because frankly Gent 2 was fishing for peoples reactions, or something
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4295 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:21 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 4294, Lady 9 wrote:G2 is a lot less inclined to leave than he lets on. I don't know what he's thinking, exactly, we'll figure out when he next comes on, hopefully, but he basically told me that he didn't have a read on me but wanted to see how other people reacted
And boy, you showed your hand on that one
Okay well honestly at this point the choice is in his hands, if you're right that he's disinclined to leave then that's something that is.

Just like you being scum is something that is.

Scum who lurked through First Dance and tried to play it cool in Second Dance until she realized that the person everyone Townread that she was trying not to rock the boat on (except G1 who vocally said he was still sorting me) figured she was scum and asked for her removal.
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4296 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:21 am

Post by Lady 9 »

In post 4292, Lady 2 wrote:I'm not 100% it's her with you I guess but it was very striking. I do actually now have a pair I can be okay with myself hinging the game on.
For something you were really hemming and hawing about before, you sure are lackadaisical about it now, just "l9 is scum, and l5's hard pivot was obvious!" except you're not 100, but if it isn't l5 then it's g8 because [undisclosed reasons], and all of a sudden you're super confident that Gent 1 is town
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4297 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:23 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 4284, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 4234, Lady 5 wrote:Actually,
L9 is either just scum or not paying attention to the game

If I was scum and the TvT pairings are G3/L6 and G2/L9, it makes very little sense for me to specifically shut down G2's leave offer and box myself into reassessing after the G3/L6 townflips.

I'm prepared to leave, G2.
I think your pair is the TvT pair currently
, but I will stay to talk if you need more.
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4298 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:26 am

Post by Lady 9 »

What do you want me to say about that?

Did you miss the part where she says she's prepared to leave, right before the part you bolded?
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4299 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:29 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 4238, Lady 5 wrote:If there's enough consensus that my pairing has scum in it, then I will just leave the dance.

However, I will insist that you also leave if the game isn't over, L2. I find it nearly impossible that there isn't scum in your pairing.

I'm prepared to leave, G2. I think your pair is the TvT pair currently, but I will stay to talk if you need more.
She's prepared to leave so long as I leave, leaving only G2/L9 pair alive. She also explicitly states that she thinks you're Town and is happy with you being last alive.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”