shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5900 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:46 pm

Post by shos »

In post 5051, teacher wrote:(I wanted the pagetop. Plus his post on ico’s discussion of Math finally convinced me to give up the paranoia)
Could you help me with that (link) plx
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5901 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:51 pm

Post by shos »

In post 5078, skitter30 wrote:sigh

i'm kinda at the point where reading you two bicker is just making me want to nope tf out of the thread
QFT
Skitter is extremely town IMO (not because of the post above but holy shit do you guys realize I have 33 pages to catch up on? Start posting less)

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5902 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:54 pm

Post by shos »

In post 5082, skitter30 wrote:i still think shos is scum
if he flips scum i think that a good place to start looking for partners is in {saudade, math, ico}. also teacher, i think

if he flips town my view of the gamestate is very very very wrong and i will need to start rebulding my understanding of the game kinda from scratch; i would be looking at rc in that universe, tho i think, yes
Despit the above, and considering the plum hasn't had much time or mind to delve into this shit-canyon of a game (I just made this up), could you tell me why you scumread plum?
I don't have anything to do with that, I know, but I really want to solidify a first strong read in this game and if you provide this will be so much easier)

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5903 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:01 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 5806, teacher wrote:
In post 5800, RadiantCowbells wrote:
That’s a quick and dirty, but I can come up with a scum narrative fairly well. Part of it is how tomorrow plays in any world: if there is a green flip he is likely the lynch, and so I’m wondering if it’s better to have his flip now to make tomorrow have a better chance of cohesion and solving fegardless of the color he does flip.
This is going to sound mean, but if you can't recognize me as town I have 0 confidence in this town to solve the remainder of the game.
If you're lynching me you're lynching up my lynchpool and winning.
That’s another reason I am conflicted (and have been saying so). I agree with your lynchpool. Gun to my head, I’d say you’re +rand town. But that’s not the ultimate question. The question is what is the most likely winning path. Because - and I think you agree - green today makes you a hell of a lot more likely tomorrow. Assuming town!you, is it better to tak you today and get the cohesion and perhaps a better chance at a red tomorrow, or is it better to chance it today when I think the thread is still going to be less cohesive/good of an environment (and there is a substantial chance of red).
Like this post and I'm gonna piggyback off it a bit before I keep reading on.

RC is very townreadable when he's being pushed as the primary lynch option. In the sense that his Poe is reasonable, his reads line up similarly with mine and the townblocks (minus himself) and the possible world's are reasonable/make sense. But that's really the only time I find myself agreeing with him and that's not a red flag but it's a slow down indication at least.

But trying to find scum motive outside of RC is tough as well especially in the context of both wagons on him today. Scum have the cover of the day 1 1v1 and the fact RC wasn't the nk target as the only claimed tpr. You can make the case for medic dodging but that's not the point I'm making.

Both wagons have been pushed by myself and math (conf town). And saudade recently. But neither wagon has gone anywhere. At the very least scum could try to pin a mislynch on me if RC is town. Unless scum are stuck in the trap of townreading both myself and RC so they can't make that pivot without catching flak for it. That's specifically Ari and Skitter.

But Ari went the opposite way day 2 going from scumreading me to townreading me I think after the initial wagon on RC. And the pairing of Ari/Skitter had all of day 1 to set up a trajectory that allowed Town!RC to be mislynchable day 2. Because they would know day 1 was a TvT pissing contest but neither took that route.

If RC is town scum are buddying him for what? Regardless of his flip the slots townreading him are in the Poe. Nearly everyone's Poe. With like the exception of shos I think... Maybe Bella idk Bella's reads.

Maybe I'm way off but I think both Ari and Skitter are highly competent scum players and the wagon Dynamics would have been different with them both as scum with RC!town.

I can't wrap my head around scum A.) Not wanting to play around a mislynchable RC and 2.) Not wanting to deal with him via nightkill simultaneously. He's just not a townplayer you ignore entirely.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5904 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:03 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 5899, shos wrote:
In post 5041, RCEnigma wrote:FL says hi saudade.
Here's a question
has your team had any thoughts on the game so far?
All of my team's thoughts are in my iso and they are all within day 2s posts. Outside of those there aren't more reads, they're more focused on wrapping up games that are further along than ours.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5905 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:04 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Do you have any questions for me specifically?
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5906 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:08 pm

Post by shos »

In post 5091, skitter30 wrote:
In post 5085, RadiantCowbells wrote:i kinda just give up tbh.
yeah i'm feeling like this game is ... very hard
hard to play
hard to navigate
So much
so
so
sooo
much.

honestly I am skipping any RC/Math post and I don't think I'm losing any content
In post 5126, teacher wrote:
In post 5093, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5092, teacher wrote:
In post 4702, RadiantCowbells wrote:Shade? I'm pointing out that everyone's been assuming you were a protective with an inno on Mathblade when that's not true and it was the main reason to townread both of you.
This one. It shows a true attempt to game out various possibilities and understand the subtext of the resistance you were getting from a town POV.

I’m still grading and binging suits, but will get on latter. @skit - I wanted to reread the ketchup, it was difficult to parse but seemed oddly tilted towards weird times to read into and designed to give the lamisty flavor of an entirely new take, but one that wouldn’t find support when read against plums real-time posting (something I hav not done but mean to). Overall, it didn’t buy a ticket out of my Lynch pool but it did but some time for reflection whenever I do sit at a comp.
What do you make of RC outing a protective theory?

And then now going back on it?

I find that odd town!RC would ever out such a theory?
Tell me the scum motivation for putting it in thread rather than in pt. I mean please.
Can anyone point me to whatthat is being talked about? also what the hell is a protective heory, I've seen it moultiple times by now

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5907 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:33 pm

Post by shos »

In post 5149, teacher wrote:
In post 5147, MathBlade wrote:That’s why one active (RC) one mid level (Skitter or you) and one mid/low
I agree with this theory, in terms of posting/teams.

OK, since everyone has outed the theory of Ico being protective, I'll acknowledge thats part of it.
Now, add RC's catch about Ico not having a clear on you. Because that is clearly what Ico said.
Add them up. Thats the maths part.
I need explanation

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5908 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:40 pm

Post by shos »

Getting high town vibes from teacher's attempts to solve

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5909 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:45 pm

Post by shos »

In post 5197, Iconeum wrote:ok since everyone and their mother is insisting that we stop throwing shade at scum but are just handing doc!Ico on a platter to them

I hardclaim a protective

Math is inno

We are lynching shos today. If that flips scum, RC is next.
Intrigue me too: Why are we lynching shos today? is this based on plum or..?

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5910 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:48 pm

Post by shos »

In post 5222, teacher wrote:
In post 3902, Saudade wrote:I hardclaim mason
Possibly 3+ confirmable townies fwiw.
Can we haz a list of all claims so far

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5911 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:54 pm

Post by implosion »

Spoiler: the phonemes in this sentence

Vote Count 2.12
Saudade
(4): RadiantCowbells, skitter30, Aristophanes, Iconeum
RadiantCowbells
(3): Saudade, RCEnigma, MathBlade
shos
(1): Flopz
Iconeum
(1): shos

Not voting (3): Bellaphant, Xtoxm, teacher

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to end the day.
Deadline is set to 4 PM PST on January 31st, in (expired on 2020-01-31 20:00:00).
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5912 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:07 pm

Post by shos »

This is bullshit I'm just wasting my weekend catching up there's nothing to be seen and still 20 more pages to read

My current reads:
0. Mathblade - his posting actually feels good, I guess. nothing that cannot be faked, tho.
1. RCEnigma - Struggling with this one. feels bad, but it may just be more of an attitude thing since this game trly does bring forth much anger even without needing to post and read. NOTE: my team heavily scumreads RCE.
2. Saudade -
3. Aristophanes - dunno. Team scumreads. Me unsure.
4. Iconeum - claimed protective etc etc, I guess I won't lynch this one anyway, but I did dislike his posts.
5. shos - obvtown yah lol. Btw, for reals - if you think I had the time to manufaacture all those hito reads, by all means you're insane.
6. Bellaphant - From the little I've seen, I'm leaning scum there.
7. Xtoxm - from the not so little I've seen, I'm leaning further scum there.
8. RadiantCowbells - if this is a scum slot I'm gonna be fucking mad. I'll assume the detective claim is true.
9. Flopz - ????
10. teacher - officially a townread.
11. skitter30ds - same as above. These two have actually posted enough good stuff that I have seen to gather a read.

I'll go for starts on
VOTE: xtomx

This game is so incredibly hard. I think by now it's longer than that 70-player large a couple years ago

Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5913 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:56 pm

Post by Saudade »

Gee wee i come back and i see this
Passion or coincidence once prompted you to say
"Pride will tear us both apart"
Well, now pride's gone out the window
Cross the rooftops, run away
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5914 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:56 pm

Post by Saudade »

Skitter30 is scum here for voting me
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5915 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:57 pm

Post by Saudade »

Ari is town
And I dont feel like reading back... At all
Flopz
Flopz
Goon
Flopz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5916 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:08 am

Post by Flopz »

In post 5872, MathBlade wrote:Fuck this I am watching Critical Role.
As you should, the episode was fucking brilliant.
Flopz
Flopz
Goon
Flopz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5917 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:10 am

Post by Flopz »

Understandably my alignment is coming into question with how amazingly (read badly) I've been playing this game. Would people find it helpful if I linked my previous off-site game which is probably quite helpful as I was scum there.
Flopz
Flopz
Goon
Flopz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5918 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:15 am

Post by Flopz »

Tbh I'm always partial to a Sausage vote. I saw talk of Scum Saudade cranking his obnoxiousness to 11 and from what I've seen of his previous behaviour this does seem to be somehow be the case. (The fact that you can keep going so high will forever astound me)
VOTE: Saudade
Shift in vote is also based on the voting behaviours of my TR's (mainly Math, Ico and RC).
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5919 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:18 am

Post by Saudade »

Damn this wagon builds up fast, cant wait for bella and xtox to pop out of nowhere as well
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5920 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:19 am

Post by Saudade »

xor
Flopz
Flopz
Goon
Flopz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5921 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:22 am

Post by Flopz »

The more I've been reading of this game the harder it is to believe RC is scum imo. I can't see a reason for him to have backtracked so hard so many times if all that does is being more fire down his backside. Additionally, the fact that he didn't try and push my mislynch is quite important as it wouldn't be an understatement to say I'm a pretty easy target and I'm not sure what he had to gain by being the main proponent on Town Flopz. However, it could be he's hedging his bets by making a claim he knows to be 100% correct if he's scum that nobody else believed and then he can say "See, I'm the best solver in the land" - sth be never does /s. That would only work though if there was a more concerted effort by scum to try and push me. But I don't think this is the case and I'm holding RC as a very high Town in my eyes.
Flopz
Flopz
Goon
Flopz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5922 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:23 am

Post by Flopz »

In post 5919, Saudade wrote:Damn this wagon builds up fast, cant wait for bella and xtox to pop out of nowhere as well
I felt lonely as the sole Shoes vote.
Flopz
Flopz
Goon
Flopz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5923 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:26 am

Post by Flopz »

Also, yes Ari. I know that Sausage is Tris and Shos is Plum.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5924 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:27 am

Post by shos »

In post 5918, Flopz wrote:Tbh I'm always partial to a Sausage vote. I saw talk of Scum Saudade cranking his obnoxiousness to 11 and from what I've seen of his previous behaviour this does seem to be somehow be the case. (The fact that you can keep going so high will forever astound me)
VOTE: Saudade
Shift in vote is also based on the voting behaviours of my TR's (mainly Math, Ico and RC).
Although I can really see myself voting sausage eventually, this vote is really bad looking

Flopz why did you vote?

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”