votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 11:42 am

Post by votato »

"Ok, so if your target is only targeted by a janitor action (lel) but not killed, your ability would just fail entirely?" yes
"If your target was only targeted by a kill, but not a janitored scum kill, your action would fail entirely?" i dont see why it would have to come from scum if theres a town janitor
Birds and the Boys
Birds and the Boys
Goon
Birds and the Boys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 11:43 am

Post by Birds and the Boys »

In post 1600, votato wrote:"Ok, so if your target is only targeted by a janitor action (lel) but not killed, your ability would just fail entirely?" yes
"If your target was only targeted by a kill, but not a janitored scum kill, your action would fail entirely?" i dont see why it would have to come from scum if theres a town janitor
ok fair point, but if the target is killed, but not by anything that janitors the body, the action would still fail, that's what you're saying?
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 11:49 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

@April, who are you shooting tonight?
Please, don't say anything from my townpile.
Don’t forget about how when I asked him for a link to his scumgame, he linked THIS game. - Pyrrha Nikos
He usually never puts effort into reads like that, which does sometimes get him scumread, but since he was on an alt and we didn't know his meta, I can see CL!him making reads as an exception since he knows he'll probably be scumread otherwise.
-Hectic
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 11:51 am

Post by votato »

In post 1601, Birds and the Boys wrote:
In post 1600, votato wrote:"Ok, so if your target is only targeted by a janitor action (lel) but not killed, your ability would just fail entirely?" yes
ok fair point, but if the target is killed, but not by anything that janitors the body, the action would still fail, that's what you're saying?
yeah
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 11:52 am

Post by votato »

In post 1602, Blatant Scum wrote:@April, who are you shooting tonight?
Please, don't say anything from my townpile.
how is it that you can be so confident in your townpile and yet have no scumreads that you think are worth pushing?
Calvin ānd Hobbes
Calvin ānd Hobbes
Goon
Calvin ānd Hobbes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 11:55 am

Post by Calvin ānd Hobbes »

In post 1597, Birds and the Boys wrote:
In post 1587, Calvin ānd Hobbes wrote:That's exactly what I'm trying to say, lol. Why do you ask like this? It feels performativecly defensive, melodramatic and awkward as hell as a result.
I wanted to be exactly sure with what you were saying. How is it defensive or melodramatic? :?
I thought it was pretty clear what I was saying, and you were all "What are you trying to say here, Hobbes?". Name included. Idk to me that tonally sounds pretty dramatic
In post 1597, Birds and the Boys wrote:It is just funny to me that you are accusing me of not believing my own push when the last time someone did that they just tunneled me and conf biased every single move I made.
Okay? You literally just acknowledged that it's entirely possible your case is terrible and you might be biased so ??
In post 1597, Birds and the Boys wrote:You're ignoring the part where we claimed miller, claimed confused, fake scumclaimed. And in general, you're really just ignoring everything else about our play other than the pushes on Chemist and Dunnstral.

You really must want us to be scum. :lol:
At this point, Auro should know I am town and if he doesn't that might well be a scumclaim from your slot. :P
Given that Krazy provides fake claims to scum, I don't see why claiming miller and claiming confused makes you town? What do you think in your play I should be townreading? I think you are over exaggerating how town you are here. If Auro think you are town then we won't vote you today.
In post 1597, Birds and the Boys wrote:I think that if I am scum placed at L-1 for multiple days I....
- do not antagonize town by refusing to claim
- do not claim a confusing role
Again, Krazy provides fake claims, so it's entirely possible in my mind that votato just claimed the fakeclaim he was given. What do you make of the fact that he clearly didn't understand the role at the time of claiming?

I don't think he really 'antagonized town' all that much, he caved pretty quickly after, but maybe I'm biased reading it all in one go instead of being there in real time.
In post 1597, Birds and the Boys wrote:It is not a strawman. Your opinion on what is convenient is terrible. :lol:
What have I said about your Chemist vote that was wrong? You're not even voting there anymore and no wagon ever came of it, what impact did it have on anything?
In post 1597, Birds and the Boys wrote:I don't understand what you mean by moving the conversation away from that? I don't only want to talk about your opinion on the Chemist vote. I think you narrowly focusing only on the Chemist and Dunnstral vote is actually, in an ironic sort of way, being convenient. You only want to talk about what justifies your scum read of us, but ignore the rest of our play that makes very little sense coming from scum.
This ties back to earlier, I think you exaggerate how 'townie' you are. I am indeed focusing on your votes and scumreads, because those are impossible for scum to truly fake, and I think your two votes I listed were pretty bad. I don't care about what it would mean in a hypothetical other universe where you hammered votato, or waxing philosophical about what makes a convenient vote vs what doesn't. I care that you voted Chemist in a low-information way that had no impact on the game.
In post 1597, Birds and the Boys wrote:Why do you feel the need to check in with Auro to make sure where your vote goes?

- turducken
General hydra playstyle I guess, I want to actually make sure we're in full agreement before I push for a different vote/wagon. I don't frankly care where our vote is at the moment, I'm trying to pressure people and develop my own reads.

-Hobbes
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 11:56 am

Post by Krazy »

Votecount 1.23

Blatant Scum(4)
~ (69), (32), (9), (209)

votato(3)
~ (79), (25), (80)
farside22(3)
~ (91), (179), (92)
Dunnstral(2)
~ (68), (134)
Dr Easy Bake(1)
~ (30)
Calvin and Hobbes(1)
~ (136)
Birds and the Boys(1)
~ (139)

Not Voting (2): (24), (168)

With 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-05-11 11:46:20)

FLAVORImage
vote conspiracy
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

I think voting in Birds and the Boys and Chem is a good call. I don't think either slot is that towny. Plus, do you think it's likely for the whole interaction to be Town vs Town? At the moment I lean no. We have 3 days though so we should probably group up at one point. I dislike both the main wagons in question.
The thing about lurking isn't the fact lurking=alignment it's the selective call out of who is lurking. For example a few slots got called out for lurking and got heat for it. I'm townread (somehow) by most of the thread and didn't get called on it. That's the main issue. Calvin and Hobbes feel a bit better due to the interaction with Birds. I like the part where they admitted that the read wasn't as strong as first expected.
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 12:10 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

In post 1511, HoldenGolden wrote:
In post 1482, Clover Ebi wrote:
In post 988, Dr Easy Bake wrote:Anyway, this is what I got right now

jj town
conspire scum
April lean town
Penguin lean town
clover lean scum
Blatant Scum scum
votaytoh lean scum
Calvin lean town, failed mason claim imo, but not scum indicative necessarily.
Before this post he had mostly filler posting that wasn't really anything to blink at. You could see traces of what you'd expect but this list just doesn't seem genuine to me? With no reasoning I don't see how he got this list. I can't really prove much on this because he doesn't give any reasons that I can dig into, so it's more gut.
In post 1127, Dr Easy Bake wrote:
In post 1110, Birds and the Boys wrote:if ur not voting chemist ur just helping the scum team.

which is fine for holden but the rest of you know better.

VOTE: chemist

~fire
If I missed it, my bad, but I don't see where you ACTUALLY GIVE A DAMN REASON BEHIND THIS!
This feels like a strong overreaction
In post 998, Dr Easy Bake wrote:Lol wait did I actually hammer BS?
I think he's playing dumb with this post. It seems pretty forced. Like he's trying to have a casual air in his posting.
You can be moved to the town pool

Can you give a description of how he was when you played with him last? Others were describing his town style as lolcapping, so I had read the quoted overreaction more like a continuation of that.

(It might be that I read his posts in his pfp's voice)
He was a lot more laid back, it was clear his posting didn't really have an agenda to it. This game he feels a lot more serious and stiff. You can see a few posts where he is laid back, but that's worse in my eyes then just fully serious. Because that would make him obvious scum right? So you need to put in those few posts to make it seem normal.
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by Conspire »

Ah, so I didn't understand how that worked at all lol. I understand now though.

for now VOTE: Birds and the Boys
shrog

The Misty push early on pinged me.

~Cosmic
Birds and the Boys
Birds and the Boys
Goon
Birds and the Boys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 12:47 pm

Post by Birds and the Boys »

In post 1605, Calvin ānd Hobbes wrote:Okay? You literally just acknowledged that it's entirely possible your case is terrible and you might be biased so ??
I think it is pretty clear that I BELIEVE my push. Whether it is a GOOD push or a push on SCUM remains to be seen. When people attack me for not believing what I am pushing it always strikes me as funny. Like, you're in my head and you know what I believe or don't believe? Please. :lol:
In post 1605, Calvin ānd Hobbes wrote:Given that Krazy provides fake claims to scum, I don't see why claiming miller and claiming confused makes you town? What do you think in your play I should be townreading? I think you are over exaggerating how town you are here. If Auro think you are town then we won't vote you today.
So, Krazy provided 3 people with miller fakeclaims then? :lol:
In post 1605, Calvin ānd Hobbes wrote:Again, Krazy provides fake claims, so it's entirely possible in my mind that votato just claimed the fakeclaim he was given. What do you make of the fact that he clearly didn't understand the role at the time of claiming?

I don't think he really 'antagonized town' all that much, he caved pretty quickly after, but maybe I'm biased reading it all in one go instead of being there in real time.
It is possible he did that, but I don't think so at least.
I think votato not understanding the role is a comment on votato as a player, not votato's alignment.

I think votato thought votato understood the role, but upon being asked questions about it obviously did not.
In post 1605, Calvin ānd Hobbes wrote:What have I said about your Chemist vote that was wrong? You're not even voting there anymore and no wagon ever came of it, what impact did it have on anything?
I mean I stand by the fact that trying to start two different wagons (and successfully getting on off the ground) is LESS convenient than simply voting votato. I think it is easy to look into the past and realize that votes that were placed in the moment do not lead to anything. At the moment the vote is placed, that is harder to say. I find it interesting that you have only called our votes convenient vote parks when there have been SEVERAL "convenient vote parks" by your own definition. What makes those other votes less scummy than ours?
In post 1605, Calvin ānd Hobbes wrote:This ties back to earlier, I think you exaggerate how 'townie' you are. I am indeed focusing on your votes and scumreads, because those are impossible for scum to truly fake, and I think your two votes I listed were pretty bad. I don't care about what it would mean in a hypothetical other universe where you hammered votato, or waxing philosophical about what makes a convenient vote vs what doesn't. I care that you voted Chemist in a low-information way that had no impact on the game.
I am being townie. You clearly have never played with scum!me if you think this is scum!me. :P I also think you have not played with town!me based off how you're approaching me.

How is someone supposed to know whether or not their vote is going to have an impact on the game?

When you're ready to get out of your tunnel, I'll be here.

- turducken

pedit:

lol, you people.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 12:48 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1260, farside22 wrote:Mastina added to scum list.
For what? Not believing a claim that's obviously bullshit?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 12:50 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1274, jjh927 wrote:It's not bullshit. How and why does anyone come up with this as a claim if they didn't get it as their role PM?
Because it's a Krazy game. That's how and why.

Krazy's safeclaims are woefully inadequate for a scumteam and encourage bullshit and this reeks of being precisely that sort of bullshit, the bullshit of someone who doesn't have a real safeclaim so improvised one from scratch.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 12:52 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1297, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1281, jjh927 wrote:
In post 1275, Calvin ānd Hobbes wrote:Krazy's provided fakeclaim? Although why would Krazy give a fakeclaim that's inconsistent with someone else's town role, hm.
-Calvin
Too ridiculous to be a mod-provided fakeclaim. Krazy does give non-safe fakeclaims, but not maliciously
In post 1, Krazy wrote:There are mod-provided sample fakeclaims for at least some of the scum but whether they are "safeclaims" is open to debate. I encourage scum to hand-craft their own fakeclaims using the mod-provided fakeclaims as a starting point. The mod-provided fake-claims should prevent the game from being broken by a day-1 massclaim, beyond that I do not make strong promises on the utility of the mod-provided fakeclaims.
^PP gets it, pretty much. This is precisely what I am referring to.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 12:55 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1316, Calvin ānd Hobbes wrote:Creature scum
-Calvin
Nope! Creature's town, transparently so.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 12:56 pm

Post by mastina »

XD?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1389, PenguinPower wrote:But sure, include the MOD CONFIRMABLE player in your lynchpool.
Big oof.
Wish that someone who wasn't obvtown had the conftownable role. :P
(But also, who're the doubters of the claim? Might contain scum, but I don't know who they are so would need a list of them to confirm.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1391, votato wrote:why should we put weight in you saying you're mod confirmable without you actually being mod confirmed?
Oh yeah here's one scum on the doubters train.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1456, April Ludgate wrote:@Votato - Target Mistanna, I’ll do so as well.
If I die and am janitored then take it as both April and votato being scum btw.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 1:11 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1490, farside22 wrote:Does your animal make sense for your animal role?
Eh, in some versions it'd make sense but in the most common version people would think I have a different ability tho. :doc:
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1553, Birds and the Boys wrote:You don't recall Firebringer calling for Mastina's death in Doubles Mafia?
(Still salty about that btw.)
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by Bingle »

Right. I'll say it one more time:

April -> Janitors A
Votato -> Heals A

A doesn't die, April knows either Votato is telling the truth about his role or there is a roleblocker.
A is Janitored, April is functionally confirmed role and either Votato is scum or there is a roleblocker.
Votato gets a watch result with only April, April is confirmed Janitor to votato.

None of these hard confirm the alignment of either April or A, but they give us decent setup knowledge. Given the presence of half a dozen millers, town also likely has some pretty strong investigative juices flowing, so roleblock on the microcosm there is still pretty solid. If there is only one janitor, votato/janitor are unlikely S/S. If there is a second janitor, it is likely that votato and April are both town.

I don't see why everyone is so keen to lynch votato specifically today because of that.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Penguins are very friendly neighbors. I dare you to prove otherwise.

p-edit

awww...jinglebingle is being all jinglebingley

Who would you prefer to lynch with two days left?
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 1:29 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

What happens if April dies? I'm struggling with the grossness of fotahdo's role comprehension + his general play so you're going to have to really help me find a better lynch.
<(") | (")>
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 1:30 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 1621, Bingle wrote:Right. I'll say it one more time:

April -> Janitors A
Votato -> Heals A

A doesn't die, April knows either Votato is telling the truth about his role or there is a roleblocker.
A is Janitored, April is functionally confirmed role and either Votato is scum or there is a roleblocker.
Votato gets a watch result with only April, April is confirmed Janitor to votato.

None of these hard confirm the alignment of either April or A, but they give us decent setup knowledge. Given the presence of half a dozen millers, town also likely has some pretty strong investigative juices flowing, so roleblock on the microcosm there is still pretty solid. If there is only one janitor, votato/janitor are unlikely S/S. If there is a second janitor, it is likely that votato and April are both town.

I don't see why everyone is so keen to lynch votato specifically today because of that.
Townie as hell, my boy
Time Is Money, Money Is Power, Power Is Pizza, Pizza is Knowledge

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”