Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2925 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 11:11 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2917, Bingle wrote:I am unmoved by the soft, FWIW.
Can I get your thoughts from a mechanical perspective on the existence of 2 cops (one who can only check their own hood), a godfather, and then another investigative that can only check for godfather

do you think the only-Jigsaw cop doesn't make sense as a town role?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #2926 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 11:12 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

I feel like iDany probably wouldn't claim an inno on his scumbuddy unless that buddy is jigsaw. Seems like a really ballsy play. although there's still the chance he would, it just seems like a bad idea
GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 2912, Ircher wrote:ABR, davesaz, Battle Mage, and GuiltyLion perhaps is the scum team.
like this just fragrantly makes no sense, in means scum would all be trying to bus each other (BM pushing ABR, me pushing davesaz, BM wagoning me), would mean most of the major wagons today were on scum, and as ABR pointed out it would mean Pine's hood was 3 scum and Pine
I can't even begin to guess what the thought process behind that scumteam is. And i have no idea what that means regarding Ircher's alignment
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2927 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 11:18 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2920, Morning Tweet wrote:im frustrated that ircher doesn't seem to be trying but am holding back because i feel like Bingle/idany's clear *should* make him town.

Do you think ircher's apathy is AI for him? I'm willing to entertain ircher being jigsaw yes, but i wouldn't lynch him over the other choices
i don't like his townread on me either.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2928 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 11:19 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2907, davesaz wrote:
In post 2815, davesaz wrote:
In post 2741, Bingle wrote:No mechanics
Yet...
In post 2887, davesaz wrote: When I do have something (like Jigsaw's identity, that would be cool) I'll be all over it. :cool:
I think y'all need to pull your heads out of your asses. That way you'll be able to hear the quiet voice telling you to go somewhere else for a while.
I was trying to avoid the kind of attention that would put me into a trap, but nah that ain't going to last. :roll:
probably town
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2929 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 12:06 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 2912, Ircher wrote:ABR, davesaz, Battle Mage, and GuiltyLion perhaps is the scum team.
yikes

I keep forgetting who replaced who but this is baaaa-j'd
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2930 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 12:07 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 2919, GuiltyLion wrote:Jigsaw giving out keys to his own traps? :thinking_face:
copycat
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2931 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 12:10 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 2924, GuiltyLion wrote:I want EC/Vecna thoughts on dave's claim and what to do in light of it. I might wanna go for the no hood scum and lynch Molla
The weird part is that he didnt respond to iDanny's claim iirc

How many investigates are even plausible here, on top of my shit?

Anyways, this is probably a bad approach to take since outguessing the setup/mod here is going to be near impossible, but you'd think at least some sort of response to another investigative claim in your hood that is pretty much your antithesis (finding only jigsaw vs not being able to find jigsaw)
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2932 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 12:14 pm

Post by Vecna »

Also, would designing a godfather combined with that key ability be a thing?

bit odd to move the power and importance all consolidated onto one slot....possible I guess, but still a bit strange since momo flipped VT.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #2933 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 12:17 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 2927, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2920, Morning Tweet wrote:im frustrated that ircher doesn't seem to be trying but am holding back because i feel like Bingle/idany's clear *should* make him town.

Do you think ircher's apathy is AI for him? I'm willing to entertain ircher being jigsaw yes, but i wouldn't lynch him over the other choices
i don't like his townread on me either.
That was a joke hence the caps. I actually have no read on you.

Vecna, Bingle can be town.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2934 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by Drixx »

Been a rough couple days. What did I miss?
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2935 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 2926, Morning Tweet wrote:I feel like iDany probably wouldn't claim an inno on his scumbuddy unless that buddy is jigsaw. Seems like a really ballsy play. although there's still the chance he would, it just seems like a bad idea
Literally the opposite, imo. I know this should have 0 weight, but if I'm going to fake inno a partner it's never the godfather. I WANT a godfather partner to be investigated.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2936 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2933, Ircher wrote:That was a joke hence the caps. I actually have no read on you.
i can never tell when u joke
Show

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2937 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 2925, GuiltyLion wrote:
Can I get your thoughts from a mechanical perspective on the existence of 2 cops (one who can only check their own hood), a godfather, and then another investigative that can only check for godfather

If it's a town role it heavily implies that there are two scum in my hood, both Jigsaw and notJigsaw.

If it's a town role it also implies a crazy high reliance on town investigation hits that likely mean we're pretty fucked anyway.

Also, don't forget that Vecna's claimed another member of my hood is functionally an IC. Style wise, cramming town power into a huge hood with a slight scum presence is a valid choice, and I'm not really familiar enough with cakez to say if he'd do that or not. Balance wise, if the scumteam has as much power as they appear to, there's very little I would say is unreasonable for town.

If my hood is all town or all town sans Jigsaw, my role is straight trash to include, so I'm pretty sold on there being at least one 'hit' for me. A role cop (guilty on godfather) makes some amount of sense, but the reluctance to claim when there's a legitimate chance scum can't get a guaranteed kill on him seems weak.

If it's true, Jigsaw is likely in the hood and Dave should 100% investigate Gamma/Ircher tonight should I be the lynch.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #2938 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 2:54 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 2935, Bingle wrote:
In post 2926, Morning Tweet wrote:I feel like iDany probably wouldn't claim an inno on his scumbuddy unless that buddy is jigsaw. Seems like a really ballsy play. although there's still the chance he would, it just seems like a bad idea
Literally the opposite, imo. I know this should have 0 weight, but if I'm going to fake inno a partner it's never the godfather. I WANT a godfather partner to be investigated.
my point is i don't think iDany would fake an inno on a scumbuddy. this is the guy whose defense was "I would never fakeclaim cop". from what i've seen of his play, I'm inclined to believe he wouldn't pull a gambit that risks half of the scumteam if he's found out

Perhaps you are right that he wouldn't fake an inno on a godfather either, though. that would draw a lot of unnecessary attention to the GF after he flips red
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2939 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by Bingle »

I mean... He didn't fakeclaim an inno on a partner. and either 5 or 6 players in the thread know that to be true. :shrugs:
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2940 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 6:20 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2906, Bingle wrote:
In post 2897, Battle Mage wrote:if there is a cop who can only investigate in their own hood, which has only 7 other people to start, does anyone really think there are more than 2 scum there? It's probably more like 1, otherwise it's a pretty powerful role in a game which is already chock-full of town PRs.

Just a hot take, as I do need a re-read to get to grips with who has claimed what...
There are 4 living people who have not had innocent results on them in said hood. One of them is me. I am townreading 2 of them. 3/4 of them are highly proficient mafia players. I'm literally counting on there being 1-2 scum in that neighborhood.

Go ahead and tell me again why this isn't a good place to spend our energy?
...You literally quoted me in the post above :facepalm:

I don't know if your figures are right, but if they are, we've still got more chance of hitting scum by going OUTSIDE of the hoods, where there are only 3 players left (excluding Vecna who has a decent claim), and either 1 or 2 scum.

No idea why you would care if someone is a proficient mafia player in the context of whether they get a cop investigation on them or not. :lol:
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2941 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 6:22 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

if there's a godfather role in this game, it's ABR right? who else played on Day 1 like they were desperate to be investigated asap? :lol:
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2942 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 7:46 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

Sorry, got very busy. Only skimmed up right now
In post 2924, GuiltyLion wrote:I want EC/Vecna thoughts on dave's claim and what to do in light of it. I might wanna go for the no hood scum and lynch Molla
UNVOTE:

Dave rolled investigative in TM2020 a couple months ago, good point of reference. I prefer Bingle to Molla though.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
VaultDweller
VaultDweller
Goon
VaultDweller
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2943 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 9:50 pm

Post by VaultDweller »

In post 2913, Morning Tweet wrote:If ABR and BM are scum together i'd lose my shit
Why? The more I read the game the more this feels plausible
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2944 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 9:58 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 2943, VaultDweller wrote:
In post 2913, Morning Tweet wrote:If ABR and BM are scum together i'd lose my shit
Why? The more I read the game the more this feels plausible
that anger I read as very genuine from ABR had is not something scum gets from a partner distancing.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
VaultDweller
VaultDweller
Goon
VaultDweller
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2945 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 10:01 pm

Post by VaultDweller »

W.r.t. all the investigative roles in the cop hood, I can confirm that I also have an (admittedly weak) investigative power.

And my funnybone is telling me that one of my hoodmates just has to be scum, but I'm hesitant to lynch there for obvious reasons.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #2946 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 11:03 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I'm lost in this
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2947 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 12:33 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 2935, Bingle wrote:
This post indeed feels very pointless, since it was iDanny submitting the stuff.

Also having one flip not condemning the other feels like plenty of reason to make your results at least possible
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2948 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 12:37 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 2937, Bingle wrote:
In post 2925, GuiltyLion wrote:

If it's a town role it heavily implies that there are two scum in my hood, both Jigsaw and notJigsaw.

If it's a town role it also implies a crazy high reliance on town investigation hits that likely mean we're pretty fucked anyway.

Also, don't forget that Vecna's claimed another member of my hood is functionally an IC. Style wise, cramming town power into a huge hood with a slight scum presence is a valid choice, and I'm not really familiar enough with cakez to say if he'd do that or not. Balance wise, if the scumteam has as much power as they appear to, there's very little I would say is unreasonable for town.

If my hood is all town or all town sans Jigsaw, my role is straight trash to include, so I'm pretty sold on there being at least one 'hit' for me. A role cop (guilty on godfather) makes some amount of sense, but the reluctance to claim when there's a legitimate chance scum can't get a guaranteed kill on him seems weak.

If it's true, Jigsaw is likely in the hood and Dave should 100% investigate Gamma/Ircher tonight should I be the lynch.
hmmm
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2949 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 12:39 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 2941, Battle Mage wrote:if there's a godfather role in this game, it's ABR right? who else played on Day 1 like they were desperate to be investigated asap? :lol:
Youre suddenly going to ignore your own flavour theorycrafting?

that seems odd

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”